Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Why look at KBB? Honda has a web page with all this info.

In case you can't find it, it is at this link

The VP and LX have rear drum, the SE and EX have rear disc. All are ABS equipped.

The differences are also spelled out here.

Special Edition
    Adds to or replaces LX features:
    • 16" alloy wheels
    • 4-wheel disc brakes
    • Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
    • Illuminated steering wheel-mounted cruise/audio controls
    • Carbon-fiber-look interior accents

EX
    Adds to or replaces LX features, plus:
    • Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
    • Power moonroof with tilt feature
    • Security system
    • 16" alloy wheels
    • Body-colored heated power side mirrors
    • Chrome exhaust finisher
    • Air conditioning with air-filtration system
    • Premium interior accents
    • 120-watt AM/FM/6 disc in-dash CD changer audio system with 6 speakers

There you go.

Dennis
    They say:

Drive the I4 Accord, if the power seems enough then buy it. If it does not seem adequate, then drive the V-6. Don't drive the V-6 unless you feel the I4 is underpowered for you - or you will spend more money and be buying more gas.

:D

Dennis
  • he8833he8833 Member Posts: 52
    Ok after months of looking debating new or used etc Closed the deal tonight.

SE V6
    Purchase price 19,650
    service fee/doc fee 95.00
    temp plates 4.00 (bought the car in different state from where it will be titled hence this fee)
    Before Tax Title and Lincense 19,749 included splash guards and wheel locks.

Overall pretty happy, at the last minute had an offer from a another dealer who said he would do it fot 19,550 but never clairfied the doc/service fee. I needed to pull the trigger. Bottom line this car can be bought under 20,000 dont let dealers say otherwise. 3 of them did.

Lastly, I want to publicly thank member Dwynne he is one of the most frequent posters and his knoweledge and willingness to help is unmatched. Thank you for all your help Dennis!!! Sending emails to the internet coordinators is the way to go, drill down from their and then pick your top 2 or 3 and starting leveraging the offers against one another. Belive this car could proably be bought for 19,500 SE V6 including dest and doc fee.

If you want dealer info email me.
  • bbangbbang Member Posts: 10
    Edmunds shows that the invoice price of Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan is $23,427.00. However, the invoice of of Accord SE V-6 4dr Sedan is $21,755.00. How come SE is cheaper than LX? Is the data wrong?
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    That is a great buy. What were the incentives on this car for your area code as shown by Edmunds here on this site? Thanks.
  • slisstudentslisstudent Member Posts: 40
    If Dennis were replying, he would direct you to the official Honda website:

LX V-6
    Adds to or replaces SE V-6 features:
    • Power moonroof with tilt feature
    • Heated power side mirrors
    • Driver's seat with 8-way power adjustment
    • Ambient console lighting

-------------

Unlike the i4 trim level, the LX-v6 has more features than the SE-v6, thus explaining the higher price.
    Congrats on the new car and you are welcome :D

Invoice is $21,754 and you paid $19,650? Yowsa, that is $2,104 under invoice. If $1,200 of that was incentive and $478.90 was hold back, that means $425.10 is MIA. So I have to assume they either made a mistake or they are getting the $1,200 plus the $750 on this car.

I hope you paid them and drove away real fast before they change their minds :confuse:

Enjoy!
    Dennis
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Right! That was the point of my previous question as the incentive in my area is only $750 on this vehicle per this site.
  • j1mbo01j1mbo01 Member Posts: 13
    I juat paid 20,900 for an Accord EX-L 4 cylinder in blac/black leather. This includes 1000, for my trade, a 95 corolla with 130,000 miles. Trade in could have been a little higher. But all in all im satisfied. Can someone tell me if this was a good deal or not to ease my mind. doc fee was 295, and other than that no other fees. this was in Massachusetts.
  • max4goodmax4good Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the verification. I did check out the Honda website, but KBB had conflicting info so I just wanted to make sure.
  • briz2briz2 Member Posts: 42
    Msrp 29995

Dealer quote is 26000 plus 50 doc fee. My state tax is 5% (1302.50) and title/tag transfer is another 50ish. So that would put me @ 27402.50.

Draw back being that I dont want the color they have and to get it they want another 300 for the transfer.

Also I got a quote from another dealer that was 24800 on the same car only they had a 399 processing fee and a 399 destination charge. I have to drive about 3 hours to get that one.

Are these prices coming in @ average for folks? Im in the southeast.
  • frankcjamesfrankcjames Member Posts: 26
    So without trade-in it would have been $21,900?
  • khong74khong74 Member Posts: 6
    Can you share with me where you got that quote? khong74 dot gmail thanks.
    I think you've got much better deal on SE.
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    So without trade-in it would have been $21,900?

That was an odd way to say it.... "including" the trade. I wondered what that meant too. Also that person paid a $295 doc fee so you would need to add that in too.
  • he8833he8833 Member Posts: 52
    As for the 1200 plus 750, I dont know? I was told by another dealer 1200. I dont think they made a mistake I like to think it was part of "grinding out a deal" :P Whats crazy is per a last second offer in MKE they suggested they could beat this deal. The zip down here is 53120 if you want to check I'm on dialup here @ the moment so I cant check. I know someone will beat this price and they should but now I'm anxious to see what someone else gets.
    None of my quotes have reflected the dealer incenties being added. There may be other factors involved. Someone mentioned this being a special time to buy because it's the end of the month, end of the quarter, and end of this model run. Or, using post # 14979 as a guide, perhaps we are mistaken on the holdback or there was a sales contest of some sort.

This was an excellent buy!
  • imy2imy2 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to lease a LX v4 in OHIO, can any one please help me what price I should expect to pay. I have already asked for quotes through edmunds.com. If you can provide any details on the lease I would appericiate that.

Thank you in advance.
  • olemedolemed Member Posts: 27
    Thanks to the helpful information on this board, I purchased a silver EX I4 last night for 19,790 plus 5% sales tax ($989) plus title, license, and registration ($94) plus dealer doc fee ($259) plus wheel locks ($77) for a total of 21,209. Dealer's original offer was 21,999 but I of course refused it. They ended up matching another dealer's e-quote of 19,970. They claimed to lose $500 off the sale.
  • lilengineerboylilengineerboy Member Posts: 4,116
    They claimed to lose $500 off the sale.

Would you make the sale if you were losing money? Me thinks they were talking out of their tushie ;)
    I wholeheartedly agree!
    Was this from an Orange County dealer? If so can you give me the dealer's info? I'm getting quotes alot higher than what you've been quoted for ($20,900 before tax for EX). My email is seanqlee@hotmail.com. I'd very much appreciate it!
  • mfinchmfinch Member Posts: 5
    Thank you...kind of my feeling too. I am heading down south (60 miles) to Olympia where the sales tax is lower and hopefully not the same problem this weekend
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    I am heading down south (60 miles) to Olympia

You might want to try South Tacoma Honda on your way down. Last time I had any contact with them, they didn't do the ADM game. Honda of Fife does but you can get around that easily enough... hard core negotiating needed with them though. Good luck!
    could u tell me which dealer you got your quote from? I'd appreciate it very much! slee15@csulb.edu
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    I think that's called the "sucker sticker". Various dealers try this, although some disguise it as a package that they put on "all" their cars... "fabric guard", luster sealant, etc. Basically $5 worth of material and an extra $500 on the price.

I've had pretty good experience by just ignoring it altogether. Most salesman I've dealt with didn't bring it up, once they know they're dealing with an informed consumer.

Some still will try to stick you with it, and so you take your business elsewhere.
  • jjon256jjon256 Member Posts: 3
    That's almost the exact deal I got. My Silver EX AT I4 was 20,200 plus tax and title. The dealer initially claimed they were losing money, too, since they had already put the VIN etching on the car. I politely told them if they couldn't make the deal, not to do it. But of course they did.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    TV add's for $199 a month down in the SEast
  • hondahawkhondahawk Member Posts: 16
    they will either stay the same or offer lower financing. Maybe they'll go 2.9 or 1.9 like they did three years ago.
  • joehondasejoehondase Member Posts: 1
    Bought a silver I4 SE for $19,500, add in 7% NJ sales tax, 300 doc fee plus 250plus title/regis fee and it was $21,425 OTD.

dealer denied vehemently that 750 incentive applied to anything under EX or V6, but doubt he would do deal without it. I'm wondering if he even had 1250 incentive for it.
  • stopainstopain Member Posts: 2
    20488 plus tax and tag for an Accord EX 5AT. Is this too much, moderate, or okay price?

Consumer Reports bottom line price for this model is 20937. Feel CR bottom line is set up too high. :mad:
  • seanpaseanpa Member Posts: 7
    That price was ABSOLUTELY too high. I got a same silver I4 SE back in April for 18900 plus TTL (6% tax, title/reg work $125), OTD 20,200. If you had done your homework in this forum, you will find you should never pay over 19000 for 07 SE I4. IMO, my 18900 was already too high, someone did 18400 + TTL. BTW, I am in Philly area.
  • frankcjamesfrankcjames Member Posts: 26
    If you went in willing to spend 19.5k and thought that was a good price, then enjoy the car and don't look back. to be honest I don't know anything about the SE (I've been concentrating on the EX-L out here), but someone is always going to have a better price quote. the quotes I'm getting out in the midwest can't match the stuff on the coasts, but I'm also not going to buy a car sight unseen/test driven...congrats on the new vehicle and best of luck!

fcj
  • rana3rana3 Member Posts: 3
    hi, trying to close a deal this week end on a Se or an EX. which dealer did you use to get such a price. in the philly area?thanks
  • bestdealsbestdeals Member Posts: 11
    This is a great price and thanks for posting.
    Very very good information for buyers, i will try to get this deal from local dealers here in DFW, if not I will go to Freeman.
  • vrynicevrynice Member Posts: 22
    Received two identical prices for a 2007 EX-L V6 model. Wanting some input to see how they stack up. Below are the details.

Price – $23,915 includes destination fee ($595)
    Tax - $1,674.05 (NJ-7%)
    Doc Fee - $125
    Tire tax - $7.50
    Online NJ Fee - $7.70

Total OTD – $25729.25

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.
  • tirutiru Member Posts: 4
    I got the quote from the dealer...

MSRP: 23,645
    Internet offer price: 19692
    Out to door price: 22,384/-

Trade-In: 1998 Camry LE
    initial offer was 2,900... final offer 4,500/-

With trade-in the final out to door price is 17,884/-

Is it worth buying this car?
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870
    What is the Online NJ Fee for and who receives it???
  • vrynicevrynice Member Posts: 22
    Not exactly sure.....First time I ever heard of it...it was included in the break out of the total price from the dealer in the email....I figured i would deal with it when i got there to finalize the deal.
    Hi, no I'm in Massachusetts, south of Boston. I think different areas of the country have different prices. I'd get equotes if I were you and stroke the various dealers and tell them how much you are willing to pay.
  • stopainstopain Member Posts: 2
    Here are the break-ups. Give me some advice thanks...
    Vehicle 20488.00
    Tax 1229.28
    Reg 36.00
    Title 22.50
    Encumb. 5.00
    Doc 55.00
    Tire Tax 5.00
    Onlin Ser. 15.45
    Online Reg. 30.00
    -----------------
    21886.23 :sick:
    my email address: seanddd"at"yahoo.com
    Yes I agree, there must be ppl out there who paid more or less than we did. The most important thing is that we enjoy the car, if extra $x00 can buy us some joy, it's worth it.
  • smackldogsmackldog Member Posts: 82
    Hi, I'm planning to purchase either an automatic EX I4, SE V6, or LX V6 here in the VA/DC area within the next few days and will be sending out emails to all the local dealers shortly to get quotes.

I've got my financing already all set up via Costco/Capital One Auto (their blank check's on the way) with a rate even lower than on their website :) but am open to entertain offers from the dealers' financing if they can beat it.

Some questions:

- Looking through the figures (invoice pricing) as listed on edmunds.com and other sites, I see some discrepancy. Edmunds.com lists EX I4 or SE V6 invoice at $21,160 and LX V6 at $22,832 but when I check Yahoo! Autos, it shows invoice as $21,043 for EX I4/SE V6 and $22,706. Who is right? Autoweb.com's invoice, for the EX I4, is the same as Yahoo! Autos.

- I assume that the current marketing support incentives for EX trim levels is actually $1200 and not $750 AND $1200 (for a combined of $1950) even though edmunds.com lists both?

- For those who are in the metro VA/MD/DC) area, what kind of pricing are you getting for any of the above models? I've browsed through the threads in this forum and I'm seeing other buyers reporting $21,300 for LX V6, $19,675 for EX I4, and $19,738 for SE V6. Are these "reasonable" numbers to start the negotiation from?

- Comparing between the I4 EX and the SE V6 (both which have the same MSRP), is it better to go with the SE V6 (to gain safety features not found on I4 models like VSC, brake assist, etc.) over the extra amenities that are on the I4 EX? By the same token, would it be worthwhile to move up to the LX V6 (for moonroof, etc.)? What is the threshold $ wise as the determining factor? This is where my dilemma is right now. This car is for my wife who is coming from a '98 Accord LX V6 before it got totaled last week. :cry: She is open to the I4 but at the same time, I think she is used to the V6's characteristics and "feel."

- "Wood trim" interior; the brochure isn't very clear and neither is Honda's website but can someone clarify that the wood trim interior is only available with the Ivory interior choices?

Thanks!

Regards,
    David
  • arnp99arnp99 Member Posts: 12
    Hi David,
    Good luck with your search. I have a comment on the I4 vs V6. I went from a 2002 V6 to a 2007 I4. I don't notice much of a difference unless I really step on it to pass another car in a short passing zone. I'm past the days of having a "need for speed". The increased mileage with a 4 cyl was attractive as was the much lower insurance cost. I haven't driven it in the winter so don't know how much I'll miss the traction assist. Otherwise I think the I4 will be fine.
    KC
  • meghnapmeghnap Member Posts: 3
    dfwbuyer,
    Congrats for the great deal and thanks for the postings.
    I asked for a quote for Accord EX-L after seeing your post to Freeman Honda, and they quoted me for $23715 (OTD) for it. I told them about you getting a better deal on the car to which they said I need to present them your name and only then they can match me the deal.
    If you don't mind can you please email me your name at my personal email id at rainingindallas@yahoo.com . I would really appreciate if you could.
  • ddwmewddwmew Member Posts: 42
    Live in NOVA and was quoted $19.3K on a I4 Auto EX. The quote is not bad but the dealer has $399 processing fee. Believe their is still some wiggle room because the dealer quoted the car at $19.1 about two weeks ago.

Not thrill with the processing fee of $399.
    $399 processing fee? Wow!

The highest that I've seen so far (again, having just started the process) is $299. Which dealer is this, if you don't mind me asking? I'm assuming there is no way to get that amount waived/reduced unless it's factored into the price of the car itself?

I've just finished sending online requests for quotes from 14 dealers total tonight in VA and MD and am now sitting back and waiting for the quotes to come in. :)

I assume that you haven't purchased your I4 Auto EX yet? If you like, we can compare notes throughout the process as I will be purchasing within the week if not sooner. The only unknown variable is will there be a different/better incentives after 7/5?

Regards,
    David
    Working backwards from your OTD, the quote breaks down roughly like:

selling price of Car -> $22,101.68 (roughly $511 over base cost of car)
    taxes -> 1381.36
    inventory tax -> 56.20
    registration - > 127.05
    doc fee -> 50

Does the car have additional dealer installed accessories?
    KC,

I assume you bought your I4 recently? If it's an EX, do you mind sharing what you paid for it? I realize there may be regional differences in terms of discounts/pricing, but that would give me a general idea what the baseline figures are to compare with.

Interesting comment re insurance being cheaper on a 4 cylinder vs 6 cylinder as I wasn't aware it made a difference. How much cheaper was it?

Regards,
    David
  • compositecomposite Member Posts: 5
    [quote]Replying to: hondahawk (Jun 25, 2007 9:22 pm)

Msrp 29995

Dealer quote is 26000 plus 50 doc fee. My state tax is 5% (1302.50) and title/tag transfer is another 50ish. So that would put me 27402.50.

Draw back being that I dont want the color they have and to get it they want another 300 for the transfer.

Also I got a quote from another dealer that was 24800 on the same car only they had a 399 processing fee and a 399 destination charge. I have to drive about 3 hours to get that one.

Are these prices coming in average for folks? Im in the southeast.[/quote]

FWIW, in southern California, I got an internet quote for $25k including $600 destination charge. That was 2 weeks ago. I bet today - well at least before the 30th, you might find better deals.