Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• How much is tax in FL?
  • joe30joe30 Posts: 7
    Which dealership gave the price below invoice (over 1000 off). I am in the market and getting the runaround using online dealers quotes. I am using them to outbid each other and the best I can get right now is 800 below invoice on a 2005 Accord EX V6 w/o navi. Out the door, in los angeles the current best is 26118.12 at gardena honda. Price includes wheel locks and mudguards and all taxes and fees. Is this a "no brainer" like the internet manager is saying, or is there a better deal. Thanks for assistance.
  • bobstbobst Posts: 1,783
    We paid $17400 OTD for our 1997 LX Accord 5-sp, so I think $18000 for a new one sounds pretty good.
  • I just purchased my EX-L in Woodbridge, Virginia at Hendrick Honda for a similar price OTD $22787 and it was the best buying experience EVER. It was fast, over the internet, no pressure (they tried to sell me options, I can't blame them for tyring) but I declined and they backed off. THEY ALSO DROVE THE CAR TO MY HOME for me. What a convenience!! From start to finish it took 1.5 hours including all the tags etc. I might have ended up at the same price after going from dealer to dealer and spending hours haggling but I HATE IT. This was painless and I don't feel like an idiot afterward.
    We bought our 95 Accord there, but bought our last 3 Hondas from Rosenthal. I like Hendrick because they have a nice path for a test drive. We will go there as a first choice when we buy a new car in a few weeks.
  • richk1richk1 Posts: 51
    "I just purchased my EX-L in Woodbridge, Virginia at Hendrick Honda for a similar price OTD $22787"

4cyl or 6?
  • 4 cyl. automatic No options.
  • accoraccor Posts: 2
    Hi Folks

Can someone tell me where you could expect the best deal for a 4 Door Auto 2005 Accord LX in New Jersey? I am not able to get lower than $19600 OTD. I have been seeing much better deals on this forum. Any help / reference is appreciated.

Sincere thanks.
  • reuel3reuel3 Posts: 114
    Congratulations! Glad to hear you got the vehicle you wanted at a decent price AND with minimal stress. Thanks for sharing your dealership information with us too.

Robert

Host-Prices Paid & Buying Experiences
    I would not take the prices quoted in this DG that seriously. If your OTD price is invoice +200 + transportation + sales tax + tag/title, then it is probably OK. You can offer less to all of your local dealers, but if none of them accept, don't feel bad.

Hey, we went to Cape May last Fall and we loved it. Can't wait to go back in the Spring. We like New Jersey.
  • Hi,

I recently found this forum and been reading up on it. I think it is a great idea to see what others are paying before you purchase. :)

Here in midwest(IL, NW Chicago), I am getting quoted $22200(inc. dest) +TTL for 4cyl EXL-NAV. Is this a good price? I am getting similiar price quotes by other Honda dealers around my area, but I wanted to see how you guys feel about the price. Is there a little bit of room to work with?

TIA
  • $22,200 for a Accord, EX, w/ leather and NAV? Is that manual shift?

still, by my book that over $1,400 under invoice ... seems like a deep discount, but if you can get it ... don't walk ... RUN ;)

I would expect a fair price to be more in the order of $23,000. w/ the auto being even more. If I could get $1,500 off invoice, I would be buying my EX-L V6 today ... but instead I hesitate ;)
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    I agree with you. This price does not seem realistic. How could a dealer sell a car for $1400 UNDER invoice? If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Maybe there is an asterisk on this deal. Is there a manufacturer-to-dealer rebate that we are not aware of?
  • He did say it is a 4cyl.
  • It is for an automatic 4 cyl.

I actually took my dealers offer and taking delivery tomorrow. If all goes well, I will post updates. There might be a dealer incentive that I am not aware of but all the quotes I have gotten were close to $22200. :)

My OTD price came to $23971.27. He will have all paper work ready for me, so wish me luck folks! :)
  • You are sure it has Navigation? If so, that is a killer deal....

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• You are sure it has Navigation? If so, that is a killer deal....

Yup. :) I test drove one yesterday(Voice recognition was very impressive). I wanted one in silver so it is being brought over from an another dealer. Although I thought the deal was outstanding, but at the same time I thought the deal was about the same everywhere because one other dealer's quote was about $200~$300 off. Couple quotes I've received were $23500+ though.

Now I can't wait til tomorrow to get this thing finalized.
  • That is great...

It kills me... I leased Accords in '97, '99 and '01.. All 4-cylinder EX.. with cloth interior.. Nice cars... Great lease deals... But, every one of them had a selling price of over $20K.. To see people buying the '05 model for less... It is just amazing..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,886
    You may want to get started on a new post now because that one will most likely be deleted. This time, first read the instructions at the bottom of the page as to what you can and can't post. 2nd, please stop using all CAPS! It looks like you are shouting and it makes your post very hard to read. Congrats on your purchase, by the way. I'm glad you are happy with your deal.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country