Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• marlenelinmarlenelin Posts: 87
    Picked up our 2006 4 door manual SE today. Rides nicely. Price was $17,481 plus $125 doc. fee, $254 tags, and tax. Wanted to purchase it before our Governor here in NJ raises the tax rate on Monday. No other dealer could come close to this price. They actually had two more manual SE's on the lot. They were hard to come by at other dealers. Marlene
  • vhreb123vhreb123 Posts: 83
    Sonata I-4 Auto: 24/33
    Accord I-4 Auto: 24/34

Sonata V-6 Auto: 20/30
    Accord V-6 Auto: 20/29

thegraduate, the information you posted are just EPA estimates. Real World economy is different from each. The real world MPG for the Accord is higher than the Sonata. I think it was about 5 more MPG. So in the long run, you save a couple hundred a year.
  • sinned1sinned1 Posts: 7
    Hi,
    I am curious to see the prices given or paid on Long Island NY for either the VP or LX.
    Thanks!
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    I know, as I'm getting about 4 MPG higher than EPA hwy posting on trips (around 38 MPG Average), and 30MPG in mixed driving...I know lots of sticklers from Hyundai group would find it unfair to just assume this advantage though. To be fair, in the same testing procedure, Hyundai scored basically the same as Honda did, although I know my Accord can be coaxed into higher numbers with a little effort. Who knows, perhaps Hyundais can too?
    Who knows, perhaps Hyundais can too?

--I hope thats true.

*By the way, I also live in Birmingham. Nice to hear from hometown people. Where did you get your Accord? Was it a really good deal? I am thinking about driving to McConnell Honda (about 90 miles away) if it is necessary because they gave me a fairly good price. I haven't really negotiated much in price with Tameron Honda much so I haven't made up my mind. I talked with them some, but their manager was busy so I left. I will probably try again on Monday or Tuesday.

*I am looking for a four door 06 Accord Value Package with auto transmission.
  • ramarama Posts: 10
    just bought an EX-L from Hennessy Honda in Woodstock, GA. The internet folks there are a pleasure to deal with. I actually looked at the SE, LX V-6, and EX V-6 before deciding on:

EX-L, 4-door, AT, 4-cyl
    deal is $21,450 before TTL

I think they will deal with you around $1,000 below invoice on any 2006 Accord model.
  • caedward2caedward2 Posts: 23
    What kind of discounts can I expect on a leased Accord?
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Have to admit I was skeptical at the price but when I visited their web site I noticed they had the same model with a manual transmission for $15,788.00 so I guess they could sell the automatic version for $16,888.00. I know where I live such a deal is not possible, can't even get the VP model for that price.
  • louisnlouisn Posts: 110
    Aren't those prices $2000 or so under invoice or am I missing something?
  • maneeshsmaneeshs Posts: 4
    Hi dwilliam,

Thanks for confirming what I heard! I feel a little better now about the price I paid.

Thanks,

Maneesh
    Well I guess they are able to advertise one or two cars at that price as an incentive to get you to come in. I know large dealerships that have high sales are able to sell vehicles cheaper than anyone else can, just wish they had one of those in my area.
  • no_exitno_exit Posts: 15
    Anybody been looking in the Twin Cities area for an EX V6? I have quotes ranging from $25,100 to $24,400 + TTL. There are better prices to be had. I have not started negotiations yet and I want to see what quoptes other buyers are getting.
  • The lowest prices I got from Seattle-arround dealers on the 2006 Accord VP 4I/AT so far are $17,350 before TTL. Can I do better than this in this region? Or if you have any experience in area, please let me know.

Thank you very much.
  • jenk0099jenk0099 Posts: 1
    I got an initial quote on a EX V6 of around 25,100 - but that was with no haggling. I just told them I knew there was an incentive and that the cars were selling below invoice. So, it should be able to be sold for less. Does anyone have any quotes on LX-V6s in the twin cities?
  • shmangshmang Posts: 297
    Check the price on www.carsdirect.com. If their price is within $100 of what the dealer quoted, you did pretty good.
  • shmangshmang Posts: 297
    For all of you recently bought/ planning to buy a new Accord, what is your experience with the dealer preparation package? Is this a universal thing and you have to take it. which including the wheel lock, splash guard, trunck tray and some even include the pin stripe. :mad:

It seems this is across the board regardless which trim level you are buying. I am in Dallas area, how about others, how much did you pay for that if you bought that.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,447
    Try a different dealer if you don't want the prep package.
  • tasaytasay Posts: 36
    U can bargain with them...but most of the time they want U to pay for it. I just bought I4 SE at Honda Mckinney...didn't like them much because they haggle and haggle. I bought it at 18200 +ttl for SE manny tranny with wheel lock, pine stripe and mudguard. OTD around 19500+. I didn't want those but they came with the car...the thing I wanted was tint only. But U can call Frank Kent Honda in fort worth...call them and ask for fleet manager...he gave me 18200 with tint but I didn't buy from them because it is too far for me. They normally don't have any accessories but just tint...but ask him to include the tint for free.
  • dshermandsherman Posts: 5
    Great experience with Fox Honda in Grand Rapids MI. Worked with Harvey. He made purchasing a car a pleasure. Love the car.
  • ravanipravanip Posts: 25
    I am in Gaithersburg MD and looking for Accord EX with Leather...
    The Tax in MD is 5%.

I sent emails to few dealers and they are saying there is no incentive anymore...
    As per discussion above it seems we still have it...

Can someone Confirm?
    Anyone bought Accord EX with Leather in DC-VA-MD area recently?

TIA
  • vu2000vu2000 Posts: 58
    Can you tell me where you what dealer and salesman you bought this car from? Did you have to haggle with the price or is this a staight forward internet deal. My Email is on my profile. Thanks. :blush:
  • dshermandsherman Posts: 5
    I tried zip code 20878 on CarsDirect. Price on EX with Leather shows up at $21,547 with MT. This includes the destination charge of $550. That is $750 less than invoice. Looks to me like the incentive is still available. Looks to me like carsdirect.com would be an excellent choice here and no haggling...
  • ramarama Posts: 10
    yes it is per dealers I have talked to. Through at least July 15. Also, prior posts confirm this elsewhere.
  • Hy! I'm living in Phoenix, AZ. Where should I go to buy, leasing or buying,trade my 2000 Ford Focus ZX3(100.000 miles)or sell? Please help!!
    My family has bought 17 Hondas from "Neil Bonnett Honda" in Hueytown, but now it has changed ownership and is "Serra Honda." Most of the same great people are there...ask for the sales Manager, he's who we've purchased all of our cars from. We believe we could've actually gotten a slightly lower price from Roebuck Honda, but it now has also changed hands (Brannon Honda, now), and we knew that Neil Bonnett's reputation for customer satisfaction and honesty was worth paying extra for. Plus, it's only 5 miles away!
  • ravanipravanip Posts: 25
    So you think $21,547 + Tag Tax and Title will be a good price?
  • jpgolf55jpgolf55 Posts: 34
    That's a great price. What dealer did you get that quote from and did you speak to the fleet manager as others have suggested?
    Thanks, thegraduate for recomending the dealership.
    But you're too late. I just bought a new 06 Honda Accord Value Package with auto transmission for $18,500 Out-The- Door which included tax, title, and all fees! :shades:
    I bought from Tameron Honda(up in Hoover). The negotiations took less than half a hour. The people there were VERY kind.

*They also threw in 2 free oil changes and a free Lifetime/250,000 powertrain warranty which covers engine, transmission,axle,etc.

----Anyways, what do you think about my deal on the Accord? Is it good?
    I think that's a good deal, especially with the giant warranty that they threw in with the deal. I have cousins who live in Bluff Park who have dealth with Tameron on a 1998 Accord before, and they had a good experience there too; I'm just biased since I've been riding with mom and dad to Neil Bonnett (now Serra) Honda since I was three (our first Neil Bonnett Honda was a 1990 LX Accord, brand new). I believe the OTD price on my new 2006 EX Accord was about $23,100 or $23,700, (I can't remember), but without an extended warranty (but with the painted on stripes) (not a sticker). I think you got the better deal, but my car was still "new" for 2006 with its fresh design. Like I said before, we could've negotiated a better price probably, and likely beat it elsewhere, but when you have a known entity that you deal with, and you trust it, it is worth the extra cost to us.

BTW vhreb123, did you know that Serra is soon to move from its Hueytown location? It's going to move to Ensley, across I-59 from Limbaugh Toyota. American Honda told Neil Bonnett that they needed more foot traffic, so they are being forced to move. It will reportedly become "Heritage Honda" within 3 years.
    Sounds like a great deal. What was the price of the vehilcle before tax,title and fees?