Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• akamicakamic Posts: 8
    I was also in that same situation... living in the North East, I wanted the VSC without the V6. Since I had great luck with my then current car (97 Camry), I decided to take a look at the 2007s. Unfortunately, VSC is not standard on the Camry either; it is an option. An option that, according the stickers that I saw, was available only on the XLEs. I ended up going with the 2006 Accord EX-L and will probably trade it for a 2009 (which hopefully will have VSC).
  • kcrossleykcrossley Posts: 172
    Congratulations on your Accord!

That's pretty much what I'm going to do as well. I really wanted the hybrid, but I just couldn't justify the additional cost. So, one thing I am trying to do is purchase an EX-L 4-cyclinder with PZEV. These seem to be a little harder to find on the east coast.
  • On July 29 I purchased a 2006 Honda Accord EX-L auto (no navi) 4dr sedan at Wilde Honda in Milwaukee for a total of $21,597 including destination and their $89.00 service fee. TTL was extra. Transaction was done over the phone with the internet manager the day before and it only took an hour at the dealership to complete the paperwork. An easy transaction.
    I've had my Accord now for one month, and I could not be happier. For me, the four cylinder offers plenty of power. The leather seats could be more comfortable in the lumbar area though (I know I am in the minority on this one!). I have absolutely no regrets in purchasing the EX-L. Not sure what PZEV is though... something to do with lower emmissions?
    That sounds like a great deal... congratulations!
    Oops! Sorry. PZEV stands for Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle. Here's a more detailed explanation of what it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial_zero-emissions_vehicle
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,700
    I don't blame you on the pinstripes. They do nothing except look tacky.

I would forget the nose mask. They trap water and dirt that will abrade the paint underneath.
    I didn't know that about the nose guard. Thanks for the tip. Here's something else I was considering instead of the nose guard: http://www.invisiblemask.com/gallery.html
    As long as that stuff is applied properly it can be a good thing...I guess.

I've seen that stuff yellow with age and get bubbles.
    Well then what can you use to protect the surface of the car? I heard the Accord paint is really prone to rock chips.
  • 36austin736austin7 Posts: 2
    Hi, please be more specific: was this for an EX cloth with manual or auto trans.? I was at Criswell over the weekend for a 2006 LX auto; but the salesperson was not very flexible on the price--around $18,750 without any options plus TTL. Perhaps I should try their internet sales person.Thanks
  • normkolnormkol Posts: 134
    I think you'll find them mostly in NY or Massachusets, where it is required. I got my PZEV car in Staten Island, NY.
  • escape714escape714 Posts: 4
    anyone know good deal from S. Cali dealers?
  • Yes. Check out Rock Honda, Diamond Bar Honda, and Honda World in Westminister, CA. All 3 were within 2 or 3 hundred $ of each other. My last quote from Rock Honda for a EXL-4 w/0 nav. was $ 21,450 including dest. w/o TL.
  • vtwondervtwonder Posts: 7
    I have been reading this forum for about two months to keep up with the latest pricing. Finally picked up the Accord from Friendly Honda in Pougkeepsie, NY last Saturday. I lived in VT but local dealer Automaster was asking for $25,000 (include destination but not doc fee). I had to travel down to Pok last weekend for personal business, so that does not end up to be an extra trip for me.

Selling price: $23,799
    Doc fee: $45.00
    NY state fee and Transient plate to VT: $31
    Total: $23,875

I asked for several quotes through the Internet. Berlin City from NH gave me a quote of 23,799. I emailed Friendly Honda and asked them to match since I had to travel to Pok anyway. One of the salesman called me and said they would match -- it's that straightforward, no hassle.

Just want to thank all the folks posting here for sharing all the information to make me a more educated buyer.
  • lahirilahiri Posts: 394
    Just dumped my unreliable Chevy Blazer for a new 06 CR-V. I got 400 below invoice price from Dick Ide of Rochester-NY. :) Price negotiation took less than a minute!!! Great dealer!!! Great price!!!

Apparently, the dealer is offering equally sweet deals on 06 Accords!!!
  • rhornrhorn Posts: 2
    What is a good price on the 2006 accord in the DC- Metro area - Maryland and Virginia ? Also- how much extra should navi be? Thanks
  • jjoe1jjoe1 Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a 4cyl Accord EX-L with manual transmission (w/o nav). is your price for manual or auto?
    No more prone than other cars.

I suppose if you're worried the clear bra stuff might be the way to go.

Otherwise, don't follow other cars too closly and avoid the big trucks on the road.
  • davkjdavkj Posts: 1
    Just purchased EX V-6 6MT for 24,088, including wheel locks, trunk tray, and splash guards at Sussman Honda in Philadelphia area. TTL not included. These cars seem very scarce in this area.

It was an easy transaction. I did not have an internet quote, made an offer, they countered and I accepted.

Tried another dealer earlier in the day, that had given me the lowest internet quote at 24,114. I got there to find the car loaded with accessories. They were not upfront about this. There excuse was that the internet quote says "excluding dealer installed options". They did drop the price on these extras (wheel locks, pinstripe, window engraving, splash guards) from $500 to $200. But the fact that they weren't up front about these items and basically pushed us out of the showroom when we tried to counter their offer made it easy to walk - that and the fact that the car already had 200 miles on the odometer....
  • Could someone please tell me what I should pay for an Accord EX V-6 6MT w/ Navi. Sorry to be so particular, but maybe it will be helpful? I am in San Antonio, TX and I would like a Graphite Pearl one.

As far as accessories, I would like:

Rear Wing Spolier ($559.60)
    Fog Lights (406)
    Auto Day/Night Mirror & Compass (294)
    (the above is essentially the EX Sport Package, right? Is there a discount when you order the package?)
    Honda Music Link - IPOD connector (318)

Mats are included, right? If not, then add the cost of those bad boys, too.

I am planning to lease; 15K/year and just buy at the end, just to get into one with no or as little out of pocket cash as possible.

My pops has a similar one (Auto, no Navi; 3 months old) and he has several nicks on his front end. Any suggestions on how to avoid this without going the bra (nose mask option)? And does anyone have any suggestions on any after market alarms that can be intergrated with the Honda key transmitter? Trying to avoid having to have 2 fobs on the key ring?

Any and all help, info, and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. First time buyer here.

Cheers.
  • nynewcarnynewcar Posts: 89
    You can find a lot of helpful info if you do a search of this discussion. Try using the search term TX or Texas.

HTH
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Hope you have better luck than I have had with the local Honda dealers. May want to look into Reliance Honda (Lake Jackson) or Howdy Honda (Austin)
  • growwisegrowwise Posts: 297
    In fall of 07? I was wondering when the next redesign is due?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Fall of 2007 would be about right...it would be the latest I'd expect it, but probably most likely.
  • rbell2rbell2 Posts: 179
    Anyone know for sure if the '06 Accord incentives have been extended into August? Any possibility they have been increased? I am getting close to pulling the trigger and don't want to wish I had waited a week or two.
  • I just bought an 2006 Honda Accord EX-V6 W/ Navi and standard equipment on July 27. It is alabaster silver color

The MSRP is 29,850
    I paid 25,700(included destination) + TTL
    extend warranty: 1,000 for 7 years/100,000 miles
    Lo Jack: 600

I live in Dallas area.I don't know whether it is a good price or not.I paid by cash.It was an unhappy experience when I dealt with the sales. They wanted me paid more but I really didn't care if I buy this car or not. Because I was still thinking about 2007 Toyota Camry, it's 2007 and new model and also one of my friend strongly recommeded me to buy a 2007 Toyota Camry. I thought if I couldn't get a cheaper price on a 2006 Honda Accord, then I should buy a 2007 Toyota. They finally agreed with this price so I bought it. However, after I bought this car, my family really like it. It's a nice car.
    The incentives run through 9-5-06 and vary according to the specific model you're looking at purchasing. Here are the details: http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateController?step=2&modelId=100506726&setz- ip=21114&state=MD&tid=edmunds.n.incentivesindex.incentives.2.2.Honda*

Kelly
  • With the 2007 Accord released (at least it appears on Honda's website), is anyone seeing significantly better deals on the 2006 Accords? I don't see any changes on the 2007 model except for a couple of additional color combos and a $100 bump up in MSRP.
  • Thanks for the response. Is yours auto or manual?