Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Got one for my mom in Iowa today. EX-L V6 automatic, no nav, they already had mud guards and paint sealant on it. We had them put a day/night/compass mirror in. Also it only had 4 miles which was kinda nice.

I got it for $23,500 plus fees, including those options. OTD 25,036.

Negotiation went about like this:
    Them: 27
    Me: "I know invoice is just over 24, and you get it for significantly less than that, so don't waste my time. 23."
    Them: Manager... "You need to add destination, plus the options that are on there to invoice: 25"
    Me: "23,500"
    Them: "Plus 320 for the mirror?"
    Me: "No, 23,500 total."
    Them: Manager... "OK"

Basically I ended up over 500 below invoice (1000 below invoice including destination) with $600 or 700 list price worth of add ons included.

I think a got a pretty good deal, all thanks to the great information I got over the last few days form this board. Thanks guys.
  • camrypopcamrypop Posts: 43
    hey mark

I'm looking into aftermkt tinted windows and leather. $150 sounds good but what can I expect to pay for tinted? also what do u think of after mkt leather? and words of advice?

thanks
    noticed some errors in ur list.

the dx value pkg has black door handles and window trim(as opposed to body colored handles and chrome trim). more imptly, it does have power windows(but true, no power locks). Also, no cruise control, wireless key entry,auto off headlights,reading lights, and has 2 speakers as opposed to 6. I'm missing some minor items i'm sure....

trying to decide between a dx value and a camry std or le w/ side/curtain(all camrys come w/ cruise,6 speakers, power locks/windows, audio sterring controls standard). was offered $15722 before ttl for the former. trying to see if i can get a camry std w/ auto and side/curtain for the same price(unfortunately it is mighty hard to find a std w/ side/curtain).
  • lx_steallx_steal Posts: 45
    Just paid $18727.84 OTD

$17169 Sale Price
    45 Doc
    1334 CA Tax
    171 CA DMV
    9 Tire Disposal

Was only considering EX-L, but AutoNation Roseville emailed me that they were overstocked, and this weekend only were offering $2000 under invoice. As I saw used '03s going for $18K from some dealers, I thought, why not? I asked Bay Area dealers if this is a good price, and I think they thought I was lying.

Not the best ride in the world, but good, economical transportation, at a good price.
  • howard6howard6 Posts: 2
    Want to buy a manual transmission Accord LX in Hawaii. Have wholesale price of 18315 less 593 dealer holdback and 515 destination charge. Paperwork is $220.
    Should I wait until August or September? Thanks.
  • hbuy1hbuy1 Posts: 3
    I made a deal with the dealership in Detroit for the VP Accord. I got it for $17250 OTD. It's a grt car and also I can add the door locks and the speakers couple of months down the line. I was considering buying a used car for about $14000 but the pricing of the VP for $17250 is sold me. Also the vp has smaller tires and can cause problems while driving. The VP has a manual A/C and not an auto A/C

Hopefully I will be picking up my car tomorrow.
    good deal.

now, what's the diff btw manual and auto air? sorry if thats an ignorant question but ive been driving the same car since '93(a '90 corolla) and when u want air u just flip the switch! so i guess auto air has a thermostat?
    Guys if u can help me out i was wondering what some in places like socal, atl etc are getting for the DX value pkg? 15700-15800 before TTL is the best price i have seen so far...

anybody figure what the new factory to dealer incentive is? and aug is still the ETA for the new '06's??? the shady dealer i talked to told me october...when did the '05 accords come out?
  • jhk1jhk1 Posts: 2
    I've got a quote of 18,000 + TTL ( = another $1000) so far. Can anyone recommend a place in the region for a better deal?
  • carepicarepi Posts: 5
    I'm considering an Lx Manual, where can I get a good deal in (Nj,) based in you guys experience?.

thanks.
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    now, what's the diff btw manual and auto air?

hbuy1 is wrong, only the EX V-6 and Hybrid have auto air. See the honda page here:

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/specifications_descriptions.asp?ModelName=Accord+Sedan-

Note that on the link it does not show the A/C in the VP has "air-filtration system" like the others. I would ask about it (have a dealer show you the cabin air filter on a VP, if it has one) if you want this feature. To me the power locks, and cruise, seat height adjustment would be enough to make me want the LX over the VP. I bet it will cost at trade or sell time to have a VP as well....

With auto air you set it for some temperature, say 72 degrees and the system adjusts the fan speed and blending of air to try to maintain that temp. With manual air, just just crank the fan up and down along with the temp control - you are on your own :-)

Dennis
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    Open Road / Jersey Honda advertise some really low deals all the time on fleabay -so that would be one place to contact.

Dennis
  • Hey folks, new guy here. I made up my mind to buy a Accord EX and see now the only "incentive" on a buy is a 1.9% rate on a 36 month loan. Not bad but I want more, any input to when the best time of year is? Thanks
  • rajd1974rajd1974 Posts: 31
    I believe the best time to buy the accord [2005] is in September as the 2006 new model year vehicles start rolling in and dealers are frantic to get rid of their older inventory. Expect up to $5000 off MSRP combined with some interest rate deals from Honda for a loaded Accord whose MSRP > 23000. I would welcome anyone who could provide more accurate information or guesses based on prior experience.
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,856
    Just my $0.02....

I don't usually see that panic mode selling at Honda dealers... Maybe if they have a leftover LX-V6 in green.. But, if you want a popular color/model, they turn them over fast enough that their won't be that many left to choose from...

You might find deals $500 lower than they are now.... but, nothing earth-shattering...

Of course, I'm sure there are exceptions..... but, I don't think you can count on a big fire-sale...

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I have an offer on the table - EX-L V6 Sedan with Navi - $25,250 including destination (but not including tax and vehicle registration) - sounds good to me ... any thoughts?
    Thanks Dennis

Yeah air filtration is not inlcuded in the VP. I'm gonna have to research this to see whether I can manage w/o it. Wonder if my old corolla had it?
  • jim1975jim1975 Posts: 6
    2005 Honda Accord
    Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

MSRP Invoice

National Base Price $17,995 $16,201
    Destination Charge $515 $515
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total with Options $18,510 $16,716

..........if you can get it for $15,700 take it, but make sure you don't get it w/o AC and with the manual trans. (just joking)
  • mqqb1mqqb1 Posts: 29
    Honda tends not to offer consumer rebates (or at least I have not seen any on the Accord this year). Their dealers do have holdback and factory to dealer (FTD) incentives that they can work with when negoiating with you for a new car. I have found that, depending on the month, the factory to dealer incentives fluctuate a bit. But they are there and you can get dealers to compete for you business and see what they're willing to offer below invoice. If you combine holdback with some FTD incentive being passed on you will see prices well below invoice. I recently bought an EX 4-door sedan V6 w/out NAV and got a price of $23,100 from one dealer and $23,600 from another (both included destination but not TTL). The first dealer screwed me on my trade in so I cut a deal with the second one and got OTD for a bit below $25,000. I paid cash so the financing incenitve - while a nice one - did not apply.

Mike
  • mqqb1mqqb1 Posts: 29
    This is a good deal based on my experience (got quotes of $23,100 and $23,600 from two dealers in early May for V6 4-door sedan w/out nav). If they have more FTD $ to work with they may be able to go a bit lower; and make sure they don't screw you on bogus fees. I padi about $284 in TTL and other misc fees.

Mike