Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jmw977jmw977 Posts: 3
    I bought the 2005 Accord EX w/Leather, auto trans, no nav. last week in northern NJ for $21,700 - including destination, but not including sales tax, DMV fees.

I think the invoice on the car is 22,600, so these guys have a way to come down in my opinion.

Picking up the car tonight!! Good luck and happy shopping.
  • nash123nash123 Posts: 82
    To end the endless discussions about pricing etc (and partly because I love tabulations since I am an engineer) I propose to use the following template for all future quotes. All you need to do is copy this to your message and fill in the blanks. I included the possible answers in paranthesis. This covers all the options and would standardize all pricing info.

Trim: Accord (DX, VP, LX, EX) (2dr, 4dr)
    Engine: (4cyl, V6)
    Transmission: (AT, MT)
    Other options: (w/leather, w/o leather), (w/ Nav, w/o Nav) etc...
    Base price including destination charge ($515):
    Tax: ($)
    Title: ($)
    Doc Fee: ($)
    Other Fees: ($)
    Total OTD: ($)
  • ezshift5ezshift5 West coastPosts: 853
    ...but for the record (and good engineering practice), my destination charge was $460.

best...............ez
  • ashahashah Posts: 3
    sree,
    I also got the best quote from Open Road Honda. do they negotiate on top of insta quote...
  • I got a quote for $22 900... is this a pretty good deal?... thanks!
  • nash123nash123 Posts: 82
    Hmm, I thought the destination charge never changed. Where are you at? Maybe closer to the factory?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    but we are a message board format, and want the information exchanged here so that it benefits all of our members, rather than being shared privately by e-mail. Additionally, including your email address in posts also risks your security by exposing it to those who will use it maliciously.

We also do not allow solicitations for "group buys."

All "e-mail me" posts have been removed.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• pgy76pgy76 Posts: 5
    Guys,

I'm looking to buy the Accord EX-V6. I have a quote from Open road in NJ @ $22,004 (not including destination). Has anyone seen better numbers from this dealership or any others in NJ? What are your thoughts on this price? What is a good OTD price? Any help/comment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
  • I am also in the market for an Accord in NJ. Have used Open Road's InstaQuote too. Any opinions about the dealership?
  • capt41470capt41470 Posts: 38
    Hi
    Does anyone know a good resource of finding the lowest interest rates form banks?
  • dealneederdealneeder Posts: 19
    Phillyguy 6 and PGY76 - That is their base quote. Have either of you been able to get an OTD quote? DCH is offering a 22103 quote, NJ out the door around 24250. The only way to compare would be to get the OTD from Open Road. I have emailed repeatedly and not heard back. I have called only to get no answer and no voicemail - they aren't exactly the best businessmen in the world.
  • pgy76pgy76 Posts: 5
    Thanks for the response dealneeder. That $24,250 OTD price looks pretty good compared to the OTD provided to me by Open Road. They gave me an OTD price of $24,809 for the EX-V6 and $23,228 for the EX-L (auto - no navi). I had to speak to the internet sales person to get those numbers, wasn't easy though. My price includes NY sales tax since that's where I live. My numbers were given to me almost a week b4 the clearance sale. Is anyone seeing better prices NJ area?
  • Hi all,

Just wanted to share the deal I got on the purchase I just made today. I got this at Concord Honda in CA.

Honda Accord EX V6 with navi in automatic (silver) = 24,926
    Full Rear Spoiler = 565
    Package with Splash guard, wheel locks, trunk cargo tray = 190
    Doc Fee = 45
    License Fee = 230
    Tax = 2122.40
    OTD = 28,087.15
  • richards38richards38 Posts: 606
    Destination of $460 was what I paid when I bought my '04 Accord EX-L in August, '03, at the start of the 2004 model year.

A few months later, the destination fee was raised to $490, then raised again to $515 about year later.........Richard
  • $21.9K was OTD. It included tax, title, and license. I'm assuming that these items(title specifically) are generally refered to as "doc. fees." This is my first new car purchase so I'm a bit "wet behind the ears" when it comes to the terminology. After doing some research, this appeared to be a pretty good deal. I wanted a '05 WRX but was shell shocked when I called about insurance. I drove a certified Audi A4; nice car but sketchy quality and over priced. I paid less for a new car then I would have for the A4. The interior in the EX-L reminded be a lot of the A4. The Accord is a nice car... Initially, I thought it was boring at first glance. I changed my mind once I drove the 5spd. Its not fast but it is extremely comfortable. I'm taking it for a long trip this weekend and will report on my findings.

Most Mfg's are offering all kinds of rebate incentives but eliminated any financing specials. I heard Honda Financing pulled their rate specials last month. Any comments on rates?
  • Hi lowbearcat,

Would you care to detail out the price components that make up OTD (tax, lic, etc...). Your price is very low. I got a quote from Santa Ana Honda in CA of EX 4cyl coupe (no leather, no NAVI), with Mudguards, wheel locks ... $19,600 and they did not go down even 1 cent. And I considered this price as already good.

Thank you

andy
  • jluedejluede Posts: 34
    Just so people don't get confused, lowbearcat's price of $21,940 was for EXL 5 spd. So that should be taken into account if your shopping for an Auto. Also his deal which was detailed in an earlier post, included a trade-in. While he did add the $3,000 trade money back into when he posted the OTD price, its likely that he saved almost $200 off his tax price due to the trade in that would also need to be accounted for, for proper comparisons. As stated by several others, OTD comparisons aren't worth a whole lot unless the two parties are in the same region.
  • chronochrono Posts: 149
    Sorry OT but I'm using petagon federal. They seem to have the best rates for new and used at 4.5% for 60 months. https://www.penfed.org/index.asp
  • sree2sree2 Posts: 4
    Looks like it is final price.He quoted 17053 for accord 4dr LX automatic + 200 doc fees + 515 dest fee + taxes

is this a good deal
  • adamhoadamho Posts: 32
    I just bought my car here in Maryland at a great dealership..( Honda Accord EX-L auto 4cyl no navi)

This is the breakdown:

$21,140.00 price of the car
    $100.00 processing fee
    $1062.00 5% sales tax
    $192.00 tags
    -125.00 discount from dealership.

Total OTD $22,374.00