Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    I think all the VPs have A/C, the DX models at one time did not - but the dealer could add it.

Normally, as a percentage of MSRP, a loaded up car loses more than a stripped car. But this is mostly the case with OPTIONED cards - like a Toyota. With Honda it is packages, which don't tend to lose as much value. You are also talking about a "stripper" car - manual + black mirrors, 2 speaker radio, etc, etc. It is just not as desirable to most folks on the used market, so would be harder to sell without discounting. You can get most any Accord as a manual transmission too (which I prefer to drive), but they are not as easy to sell or trade used since so few folks will want it (or can even drive it).

Dennis
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,447
    Yes - I was thinking about the DX. Didn't even know they made a VP in '05 - probably because it only came with an automatic that year, and I don't pay much attention to those.

On the silver and white I actually prefer the black mirrors. I even like the VP hubcaps better than the LX because you can't see the steel wheels underneath.
  • I chose my LX over a VP because of the rear stabilizer bar, wider tires, auto-off lights, power mirrors, rear seat armrest, and better sound system.

I chose my LX over an SE mainly because I really don't like 6-disc changers (personal preference, I know); my wife has one in her Mustang and I don't care for it at all. Although I'd rather have alloys than hubcaps, I didn't like the SE alloys nearly as much as some of the other alloys, so I might get a set off of ebay later when it comes time for new tires. Also, rear drum brakes are, in my experience, more reliable (front pads will have to be changed a few times before the rear drums) and don't have much if any impact on brake feel or stopping distance.
  • Hey I just bought a 2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 and was wondering what kind of deal I got. It has four wheel disc ABS brakes, 6 CD changer, side airbags, and the alloy wheels, spoiler, moonroof, and leather. Those were all the options that weren't standard that the car has. Mileage was at 69k. Clean carfax has always been a Georgia car. I got it for walk-out 9433.00. Dealer had it listed at 10,900 and as the weeks went by I saw the price drop to 10,000. The dealer also used this car himself for 3 weeks and his kids car seat was still in it when I bought it. :)
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    A 2005 VP may be listed at $1204 less than an LX, but most 05 cars are less than 2 years old.
    If you plan on selling in 2 years or less, then your may lose most of the money savings in reduced resale.
    The big of a price difference will not follow the car down the road. Each year the price difference will get smaller and smaller. If you keep the car a more typical length of time, it will be only a few hundred dollars less, minus whatever you saved in interest and maybe lower insurance premiums over the years.

Most people shopping for 5 year old used cars are not going to notice rear stabilizer bars, slightly different tires (which may have been already replaced by the time the car is resold) etc... You can easily install rear speakers get a set of 4 nicer speakers.

The car will be a used Accord with all the deal-breaker critical features most people want such as automatic transmission, cruise, power windows and locks, air conditioning and a radio with CD player. It will also have ABS and side curtain airbags that some 2007 cars still do not have standard. It will not be a difficult to resell car like a stickshift sedan without A/C or something.
  • 17495 included destination charge. I brokered the deal over the phone. 17495 plus 6.5% tax and 130 title. That was it.
  • I totally agree! The VP does have all of the essentials for the used car market later on. By the way, I do have a silver 2007 VP with the black handles and side mirrors and love them. They certainly spice up the otherwise rather plain appearance.
    The guy in Louisville said they would do $22,941 including dealer fee and destination for the 2007 Accord Sedan Automatic EX-L 4cyl . I would think you might could do a bit better, but these folks are on the level and I know they will honor the price when you get there.

Dennis
  • Got the car from a local dealer at $21,801 plus $599 doc fees (before TTL). Dealer also threw in mud guard and wheel locks (but took out the trunk tray). I had emailed a bunch of dealers within 100 miles radius and the quotes were from $22,300 to $22,800.

The previous posts from this board have been very helpful.
  • can u plz tell me where u bought the car...which dealer..i am looking for one
  • I was originally going to buy an EX-L 4 Cyl, but ended up with a V6, automatic without navigation. I purchased it in Lincoln Nebraska for $24,300. This price includes all fees, splash guards, paint sealant, etc. The V6 is a much nicer vehicle, you get the nicer wheels, outside temp gauge...etc. Anyone else looked at this same vehicle? What are the prices you are seeing?

Thanks!
    Steve
    Contact Holmes Honda in Shreveport. It looks like less than 250 miles one way from downtown Houston. They were indicating some very nice prices in their e-mails to me and ebay auctions.

Dennis
  • tallman1tallman1 Posts: 1,874
    Just for clarification, the EX-L also has the outside temp guage.
  • Not sure whether this helps, but Gunn Honda in San Antonio had the EXL with Nav for an out the door price of $25,180. Have heard that Accords arriving to dealerships in Jan that Honda has raised the invoice price and reduced the holdback from 3% to 2% resulting in an increase in price of roughly 1%, cars that were on the lot previously not affected.
  • I bought same for about $24.7k at beginning of month with essentially no negotiation. Via email to internet sales, I asked for the $750 allowance from dealer invoice and agreed to dealer processing fee in order to get a reasonable deal done asap. Based on ease of transaction for both sides, I figured there was probably a little more room there if willing to work at it - I didn't have the time to test that. You seemed to prove that there was some. Good job. It seems to be a very nice car.
  • fenwahfenwah Posts: 58
    There are some really amazing deals being had right now on Accords. No wonder GM is losing market share so rapidly. Now just asking people's opinions here...do you think that the price on these 07s Accords will continue to go down as we get closer to the release of 08s...or will the price stay pretty stagnant?
  • definitely down.
    more on V6.
    :shades:
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Posts: 216
    What do you mean by "more on V6"? You think the price of 6cyl will decline faster than the 4? Why?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    I agree with chud on that one... gas prices will undoubtedly go up by spring break (March/April), and make the big climb towards $3 by summer. That, plus the fact that there is likely more wiggle room on the more expensive V6 models than the I4s.
  • Thank you for the clarification, that was my error. The EX-l 4 Cyl also has the outside temp gauge. I do not believe that the V6 will decline in price faster than the 4 Cyl. The V6 has more options and nicer equipment, but does get a little worse gas mileage...I probably could have gotten the dealer down to $24k even, but didnt feel like negotiating/researching any further.
  • benfwbenfw Posts: 4
    Gillman Honda, Beltway 8 and Hwy 59. E-mail me if you want info on salesman and details.
  • jack47jack47 Posts: 312
    Would guess the deals on the '07s will be very favourable by summer as the '08s start to come out.

While I can wait for the '08 (which looks great) not quite sure I'd want to get a "new" model with all its generally inherent new model problems.
  • msolomsolo Posts: 4
    Recently I talked to a former supv. of mine and he thought he got a good deal for his son on the '07 Honda Accord SE. Price paid $18,700 plus 6% financing. However, I've seen prices on this board for as low as $18,500, but they were in CA and MA. I think he could've gotten a better deal.

Please share what price you paid and if you got a better deal than him. Also, what kind of financing?
    $750 under invoice is a pretty sweet purchase price. It could get better, but by how much? Not a lot, I would not think. What is likely to happen is that the dealers who will not deal now will be stuck with a lot more cars and will have to make deals THEN. If you work with a dealer now who will make you a good deal, then you should take it. Those same dealers may make better deals later, but they will likely be out of cars to sell. When my daughter was looking at Civics and Accords last year, some dealers were offering us good dealers on left over 06 Accords. The deep discount dealers had none to sell, but would do close to the same price on an 07. In the case of the 08, most dealers will probably not be dealing at first - but the good dealer will not have any 07s to sell you either.

The current lease deals are nice, but you can't combine the dealer incentive with them. You could do this in the past to lease under invoice for a below market rate. So if I were in the market to lease an Accord, I might wait and see if they sweeten the lease deals and/or allow any incentive to be used with the lease deals.

Hondas are very well made and reliable cars, but the first year of any of their designs has more problems than the second year which has more than the third year. We are not talking BMW or Mopar like failure numbers, but more than later builds will be. So if you want an 08, get one really late in the year (for a discount) or wait for the 09.

I am a cheapskate, and would much rather have a bargain than the cheap, passing, thrill of being the first one on the block with a new model :D

Dennis
  • saleemsaleem Posts: 114
    Did $18,700 include $595 destination? If so, he got an *excellent* deal. If not, he probably could have done a couple hundred better, but it's nothing to go crazy over.
  • msolomsolo Posts: 4
    I believe it did not include the destination fee. Still, a couple hundred is a couple hundred.

What did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? And what % did you pay for financing?
  • saleemsaleem Posts: 114
    it probably didnt. i paid $18,200 (this is for an 07 SE I4 AT for those just joining us), plus the $595 dest and $180 doc fee.

This was the absolute best I could find after calling numerous dealers. At this point, with the deal that dealers are getting until Feb 5 (tmw, actually), I'd consider anything lower than $18,500 to be an excellent deal, $18.5-$18.9 acceptable, and would't deal with $19K or higher. These are the prices I was encountering in NJ.

I had separate financing; I didn't go thru Honda.

Congrats on the new car, best of luck with it in the future!
  • All,

I have a question and am looking for some advice....

I have been looking at a used Hyundia with 36kmiles (04) for ~10,500 for a 18 and 19 year old, but have been tempted to a 3 year lease on an Accord for $240 a month including tax, etc. with $1,100 down. This deal ends tomorrow where the .00093 rate is good. I am new to leases and am looking for some advice for 1) does it make sense to lease the Accord for three years then let one of the kids "buy out" the lease at the end and take a loan bc they will be done with college, or does it make more sense to just buy the 10,500 Hyundia that still has a 26k mile factory warranty on it. The miles should be pretty close on either side for the new car 36k warrant and or 26k warranty as I do not expect alot of miles on either vehicle.

I guess my logic is (if it is sound) that we would pay the ~8500 over the three years (putting 8k into an account and either drawing or not drawing off of it) and then knowing that the car will be a "known" entity when the ~11k will be the purchase cost after three years....

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,847
    Either way, the Accord will cost twice as much as the Hyundai..

That doesn't mean the Accord isn't a good value, but that low lease payment is sort of obscuring the main issue.

Do you want to buy a used car for $10,500, or a new car for $20K?

If my kids were taking it to college, and wouldn't drive a lot... I'd pick the used car. That way, when college is over, they have a used car... that is paid for. If they then wish to buy a more expensive car, they can trade the Hyundai in on it.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• fenwahfenwah Posts: 58
    You're not referring to the 07 Camry now are you? ;)