Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hello all,

Great website; very informative. I am contemplating the purchase of a 2005 Accord EX-L 4 Cylinder and welcome any and all opinions regarding whether to pull the trigger based on these prices or wait four months or longer for '06 prices to start coming down:

$21,700 (includes destination), tax, title, reg. fees (nominal amounts) extra. This dealer has the color I want in stock. Dealer is of course telling me that inventory is very limited; anyone have info on truth to that rumor at this point in time? Torn b/c this car is more or less a year old at this point!

The changes to the '06 are nice but I know that destination will be increased to $550 and that invoice will be approx. 5% higher. However, the changes to the car are nice and I am a big fan of the new color Carbon Bronze Pearl as well as the LED lights.

I would think that price should come down when the '06 EX-L's hit dealer lots (they have not yet in this area). My hope is that more dealer cash/rebates from Honda may come available in September (I believe there may be more dealer $$). Any and all thoughts and opinions regarding this deal will be very appreciated. To buy the 2005 or the 2006, that is the decision I need to make. Thanks in advance for all info provided!! :confuse:
  • blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    snowdaddyo,

While the "demo" vehicle may be fine, it may also have been driven very hard by potential buyers over those three months. I fear owning any vehicle where multiple demonstration test drivers may have said to themselves "Let me stomp on the pedal and let her rip so I can see how she does". Why should they care what consequences that might mean for the engine and transmission?

I don't think that the peace of mind of owning a non-demo vehicle can be worth less than $1,000. They can tell you that it was "used for 3 months by the head boss", but can they prove that it wasn't also used as I've suggested above?
  • blane,

Yes, I've considered what you mentioned as a possibility, and asked the sales guy about it. He said that the comptroller gets a car of her choosing every three months, and that she used it as her personal vehicle for that time period. He said that it wasn't used regularly as a test drive vehicle. How can they prove it wasn't used like you suggested? Thanks for making me think further about this.
  • I forgot to mention that the car looked like it hadn't been driven in a while because the exterior looked like it could have used a good car wash and it hadn't been vacuumed yet. I've never seen a test drive vehicle that wasn't sparkling clean on the inside and out, and it didn't seem like this car was used for that purpose.

Also, how much would someone pay for a used 2005 Accord EX 4-cyl AT 4-dr with 3K miles? My thought was $18,700 would be considered a bargain? I dunno where to begin comparing because blue book has the value around $21K, which I know is high.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,643
    For $1000, I wouldn't even consider it... Brand-new in the wrapper... that is the way you want your car....

If you are buying a used car, you want to buy it from someone that is responsible for it, if it breaks.... who takes the hit on re-sale if they abuse it...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• richards38richards38 Posts: 606
    I bought my '04 Accord EX-L on 8/26/03 (Happy 2nd Birthday!), so it was one of the first '04s available. Paid $238 over invoice plus $50 "document" fee plus tax and license which was a good deal at the start of the model year.

Price was $22,700 plus $50 doc fee + tax and license. An end of year Accord should be about $21,000 to $21,500 before fees and taxes, so you're pretty close if you want a new, one year old car.

While the '06 Accord does incorporate more design changes from the 2003--'05 cars, there will not be a rush to buy new '06s in my opinion. So you can expect discounts as soon as the new Accords are available for sale. There might be a small price increase, but competition is too severe for a major price boost at this time.

Unless you can buy an '05 for about $1200 to $1500 UNDER invoice, you'd probably be better off waiting for an '06 which won't be much of a wait............Richard
  • aggie10aggie10 Posts: 17
    I was just quoted $22,600 + TTL for a 2005 Accord EX-L with leather seats, but without the navigation system. Is this a good deal? I live in the DFW Metroplex.IT seems like I might be able to get a better deal when the 06's come out, but I don't know when they come out. Can anyone please offer any advice? Should I accept this price? Thanks for any feedback!
  • glanwinglanwin Posts: 28
    The only thing make me thinking about buying a 06 accord now is the DRL (Daytime Running Light). I would never think about buying any Honda or Acura before 2006 model. I still do not why Honda are so slow in puting such an important safty feature.
  • May I ask why you feel so strongly about having DRLs? There are plenty of people who think those are completely unnecessary... eg, http://www.lightsout.org/
  • kyfdx,

This car, even though it has miles on it, is legally considered "new" because it has never been titlled, and would have the full manufacturer's warranty on it.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    There a very easy fix to any pre-06 model - turn on the headlights. :shades:

Biker, who would probably never own a car with DRLs.
    Can anyone please comment on the price I was quoted? Thanks a lot.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,643
    Abused cars don't break under warranty... The abuse shows up later, as the car ages...

If you were getting it for $2500 lower, it might be worth it.... but, not for $1000... If you were leasing the car, my advice would be different...

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hello, i just wanted to say thanks to this board i was able to get a great deal on a Accord Cpe LX V6 from Willis Honda in Burlington, NJ. paid approx 19800 before taxes. Service was great and i couldnt be happier with the car. Thanks for all the help!
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Scroll through the last 2-3 weeks worth of posts to see the ballpark figures other people are getting. It seems that 1200-1500 under invoice is a good deal.
  • piturrapiturra Posts: 30
    (QUOTE)
    aggie10 - "Can anyone please comment on the price I was quoted? Thanks a lot."
    (UnQUOTE)

OK, ... last May 2nd, my very 1st email (using Edmond's "GET DEALER QUOTES" option the night before), ... I was quoted $21,086 including DEST + TTL for …

2005 Honda Accord 4 cyl. AT EX-L PZEV Sedan!!!

The next Dealer on the list called, said they can match, ... then got my permission to send me their boiler-plated personal email quote which had a higher quote, but matching the 1st Dealer's email quote was no problem!

Received the email and they not only guaranteed price matching any legitimate local Dealer's quote, but will beat it by $100!!!

So, ... my Final tally Anderson Honda in Palo Alto:
    Price: .........$20,986.00 ($1,800 below INV)
    Tire Fee: ...........$8.75
    Doc. Fee: ..........$45.00
    8.5% tax: .......$1,735.06
    DMV (Est): ........$187.00
    ======================
    TOTAL: .........$22,961.81 OTD (Out the Door!) :blush:

Paid for it on May 4th and waited :cry: (all 4 cyl EX-L's Sedan's were sold out locally)...

... took delivery :D off the truck on May 6th w/4.5 miles on the Odometer!!!

Presently, I have over 3,600 miles and after 11 tanks of gas, my overall MPG = 27 AVG (85% City / 15% HW) The driving experience has been fun and glorious!!!

At this point with the 2006 models coming, you should at the very least, ... match what I got if not beat it by a few hundred $$$'s!

Hope this helps,
    Phil
    Pic's of my 2005 Honda Accord 4 cyl. AT EX-L PZEV Sedan
    My Epinions.com 2005 Honda Accord Review
  • I must have spoken to the wrong guy at Willis. Called them up and the sales rep told me that he couldn't touch those prices, the same prices people seem to be getting on this board."We're not interested in making that kind of deal, " he said. Have a nice day.
    Thanks Phil and Biker! Your feedback has been extremely helpful!!!
  • joonjoon Posts: 121
    Did you talk to the internet sales dept. or the regular sales rep? Many dealers have internet depts. that work completely independent from the regular sales guys. The theory is that since they're not paying the middle-man (the full service sales guy), they're able to pass some or all of the savings to the buyer. Why do they do it? Competition! If you haven't talked to the internet sales (or better yet, correspond through e-mail) that's what I would do.
  • Actually, they never responded to any of my e-mails, so I had to call them up. I asked who handled internet sales, and the receptionist said a few of them cover that department.