Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• saleemsaleem Posts: 114
    Seems high but can you give the breakdown?
    Car
    Destination
    Tax on Car+Dest
    Doc Fee
    Tire tax lol
    etc

then it'll be easier to help
  • Car 18,417
    Destination 498
    Tax on Car+ Dest 1065.29
    Doc Fee 56.70
    Tire & battery 6.50
    Tag 102

Thanks
    Way too high for an LX (4 cyl I assume)

You can get SE's (just car no dest) for $18300 to $18900 where I am (NJ). I got it 18200 w/ $280 doc fee. (and the destination here is 595 at all dealers). $18,400 for an LX is too much.
  • he8833he8833 Posts: 52
    Saleem what was your price INCLUDING DEST FEE & DOC FEE. You keep referencing your price but its always unclear wether you included these items when you reference 18,200 Was it 18,200 +280.00 + 595.00 = 19,075 Everybody else seems to include these itemswhen discussing a purchase price
  • You paid too much... you should get it OTD 17980 OTD..... next time hold out for a better price.
  • Since I read this board before buying,here is my two cents. Get several hundred below the Edmunds invoice. My situation was strange: A relative of mine also wanted an Accord EX-L (sedan), so we went in together to try and get a better deal.
    Car $21800 includes document fee.
    Taxes(3%) and Tags($50) were extra. $22550 OTD.
    Don't look at the OTD that you see here. It varies according to fees and taxes. Get a price that includes the cost of the car + dealer fee + desination charge.
    21200 is a very good price, but if you add $595 destination and $289 dealer processing you have to be comfortable with that final price. If the final price is 22100, your're still doing alright, compare that with the Edmunds invoice price and You are probably doing pretty well.
    DON'T get confused by the prices that include sales tax on this forum. Look at the price before tax, but including all other costs.
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Posts: 216
    A reminder to posters: please include in your remarks if your offer/purchase is an I4 or V6. Thanks in advance.
    he8833 i think it's very unfair you think that. i've tried to reference my full price as much as possible to help other ppl interested in accords, especially SE buyers.

in this post (saleem, "Honda Accord: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #13966, 10 Feb 2007 11:55 am) i reference the car, destination, doc and EVERY other fee down to the TIRE TAX.

in this post ( saleem, "Honda Accord: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #14019, 17 Feb 2007 5:47 pm )i reference the price, how much below invoice i got, the destination, and the doc fee.

in this post (saleem, "Honda Accord: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #13944, 8 Feb 2007 6:02 pm) i reference all three values AGAIn and give advice on pricing and incentives.

and in this post (saleem, "Honda Accord: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #13899, 4 Feb 2007 5:21 pm) i break it down again with the car, destination, and doc fee

And that only lists my posts in February, when I actually bought the car in early January. So I think I've broken it down plenty. if you don't want to search the thread, that's another story.

I was mistaken in this last post of mine cuz I bought my car over a month ago and have been constantly discussing doc fees with people. to be absolutely clear.

2007 Honda Accord SE Auto 4-cyl
    $18200 CAR
    $595 DEST
    $180 DOC FEE
    TAX, DMV CHARGES, TIRE TAX AND ALL ELSE EXTRA.

I hope it's clear now. I'm honestly just trying to help. You should search my recent posts before you say I've never been clear, since they date to as recent as a week ago.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Posts: 1,598
    Hi Folks.. just cruising thru here as I'm usually on the Sonata site.

Purchased '07 Hyundai Sonata SE for our company four days ago in NJ (we're in CT) for $18,189 OTD. This included all dealer fees and 6% (CT) sales tax of $1149. Price of car before tax and including dealer all fees (doc,etc) and registration & title was $17,040. MSRP $22080 before delaer fees & TTL.

Suggest anyone looking to buy, take a look at the Hyundai. It's not what it was 10 years ago. Maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't. But, IMO, it compares very favorably with the Accord. Look at the standard features included in this mid-trim level Sonata, including the 234 HP 6 cyl engine.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    I would say this belongs on the midsize comparo forum, but it got shut down for reasons I didn't get a chance to find out about (lots of posts deleted though).

Is there a Sonata vs. Accord forum anywhere bhmr59, where you could expound on this?

:)

TheGrad
  • Folks I just purchase 2001 Accord VP Manual Trans for 16480+Tax+Tags. I purchase a set of rear speakers from the dealer 91$ installed.
  • Saleem,
    I got a quote for EX-L 4 cylinder 21000 today. It doesn't include destination, dealer and lender fee, tax, dmv.

But looks like you didn'y pay dealer and lender fee. Did you get it waived?

Can you please list what are the additional charges with the invoice price. I want to be absolutely clear before I go to dealership about this.

Appreciate your help!
  • solid1solid1 Posts: 11
    I got my first quote today from a dealer in northern NJ:
    2007 Accord EX L
    $22,250 (I4)
    $24,000 (v6)
    The salesman said this includes destination and all fees excluding tax and tags. I might be able to do a little better, but for a first quote, I think this is pretty good.
    We will see if the dealer incentive remains the same tomorrow.
    This site has been very helpful.
  • he8833he8833 Posts: 52
    Saleem,

I wasnt calling you out. I admit that I didnt go through all your past posts. My point was when you mention what you got the car for, most people include the dest doc fee and any other feels. Thats where the confusion was coming in. I appreciate your help and willingness to disclose... For comparsion purposes I was offered 19,446 SE I4 out of Chicago. (including dest doc and all dealer fees) I have been looking in WIS MN and CHI I will report back what I find
  • I am getting a price of 18558$ + taxes (Includes Dest. Charges + Fees) which is the lowest price I have found so far for a 2007 Honda Accord LX - AT. Kindly let me know what you feel abt the price. Should I pick it up or keep shopping/ :)
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,679
    I agree that Huyndai has come a long way.

When looking at car prices it is important to look at Total Costs of Ownership.

Down the road, the dismal resale value on a Hyundai will kill any "savings" from the initial sale.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,450
    ..no more mention of Hyundai here... unless you really, really can't spell.. :)

thanks,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Come on, we want you to have a good Hon-day... I mean evening. :)
    They both start with an "H"! :)

Besides,"they" even mangaged to nearly copy the "H" in the trunk lid, just twisted it a little.
  • tallman1tallman1 Posts: 1,874
    Yes, and if anyone is brave enough to take on the Honda lovers in here, they certainly must have a thick skin. :D Probably not really the place to bash Honda, huh??? ;)
    Hi hitman,

I think "Dealer fee" is the same thing as "doc fee"? Mine was $180 for that. IDK what a lender fee is; is that from the financing office? I didn't get Honda financing I had my own credit union.
    As far as i remember my charges were car, destination, tax on the first two, doc fee, tire tax, dmv charges (title, plates, etc). im in NJ and we have to pay 4 year registration, too. i didnt ask for any fees waived; i actually got the car price over the phone after a couple calls, came in, tried to get them to reduce the doc fee (they wouldnt lol) and then said ok and bought the car. destination was $595, doc fee was $180, car *only* (no fees) was 18,200. It's fully broken down in this post: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef006d2/13965
    I didn't include the later DMV Fees.. I got billed for $254... a lot of which was for 4 yr registration in NJ as i remember

Edmunds says the invoice on ur vehicle (not incl dest or anything) is $22,571. Getting $21,000 seems to be a great deal, if dealer and lender fees arent like $700 or more? I think? Not quite sure anymore. Do you know the full breakdown of your fees?
    ok he8833. I guess $19446 would be about $18850 before destination (or about), and maybe $18500-$18700 before dealer/doc fee? Seems pretty good actually, but by getting each dealer to beat the other (on the phone, no need to make trh trips), i was able to get a slightly lower price. But the market may be different in your area
  • ldislerldisler Posts: 82
    It looks like the Manufacturer to dealer money ended. This is the first time I bought and then incentive went down.
    Bought VP auto for $16700 plus $76 for rear speakers. Dealer through in mud flaps, trunk liner and wheels locks for free. plus tax tags and $125 dock fee. Willis Honda in Burlington NJ.
    So far I love the car.
    Wheel locks on a VP ??

Why???
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    <<Wheel locks on a VP ??

Why???>>

He bought the car in NJ.... :D
  • zevizevi Posts: 12
    Hi,

I got quoted from a NY dealer for a 07 SE-v6 for $265/month includes NYC tax of 8.375%, 24 months, $0 down, $595 bank fee plus tax/reg/etc. $1500 damage waiver,
    Am i getting a good deal.
    Also available in Cool Blue, supposedly harder to get than most other colors.
    The dealer puts whell locks,mudflaps and trunk liner on every car and charges $395 for them. I told them it was stupid to put wheel locks on a VP and I'm not paying for them.
    They gave me all 3 for free.
    This is just a way for the dealer to up the price.
    hahaha so true... who's gonna steal your steel rims. well done. I'm thinkin about buying the mud flaps before next winter (NJ). They don't really do much during the other 3 seasons, do they
    We install splash guards and wheel locks on the SE's and EX's. The VP people usually don't want to pay for anything else.

The splash guards and trunk liners are a good thing to have but I'm still shaking my head over wheel locks on a VP!
    I would have gotten the mud flaps anyway. Look on ebay for the mudflaps, they look easy to install. Hole and screws are already there.
    They seem to help keep the rocker panels much cleaner.