Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    Go to any dealer and ask them if there are any available. They have computer records of every car in stock at all dealerships nationwide.
  • Options
    helenewhelenew Member Posts: 3
    To joy0000: which dealer please?
  • Options
    hftrphftrp Member Posts: 3
    HI,
    I live in Lombard, IL and like to have the name of dealer and sales person u worked with?

thnx
    michael
  • Options
    ziyanshgziyanshg Member Posts: 3
    today I got a price for Honda Accord LX-P at Goudy Honda in Los Angeles: over26,000.This price was gave from the manager.Do you think it is evil!!!
    Actually I like Honda Accord EX-L too.I live in Southern California too. If we buy this type car together,can we get a lower price ?
  • Options
    emily2001emily2001 Member Posts: 4
    I'm only asking 4 OTD price - so far the lowest I have is 24000.00. Is this good or should I get lower. NC 27127 here Thanks
  • Options
    No NAV, 4 cy - looking 4 what OTD price I should pay in NC.
  • Options
    why can get the good price at the end of this month?
  • Options
    rsqmrsqm Member Posts: 1
    Hi, i'm looking to buy the 09 accord coupe ex-l soon too and got a qoute from oakland honda (ca) for $24,688 (included destination charges). is that a good deal? sounds like Krishna got a better quote from livermore honda (assuming livermore in ca). what would a great out-the-door price be?

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Options
    jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    I have a quote in Chicago from a dealer for an Accord EX-L V6 sedan for 22,990. .....

New? 09 or 08? Incl destination? Any fees, etc? Lot's of missing info to judge if this a great price.
  • Options
    zondazonda Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to lease a 4 cyl Manula EX coupe ... the dealerships have quoted me 19,2K as they first offer price
    2 questions .. what have people been able to get as a final selling price for this car...how much lower than this quote can I go ?

Also what would be a good lease deal for this car, I'm flexible on downpayment
  • Options
    mrfantasticomrfantastico Member Posts: 3
    It is Castle Honda in Morton Grove. The quote was from their internet sales manager but after speaking to a few previous customers this dealer generally gives the lowest quotes in the Chicago area. First time quote is generally the lowest you can go but it undercuts all other dealers in Chicagoland.
  • Options
    mrfantasticomrfantastico Member Posts: 3
    As I stated in my post, it applies to all 2009 EX-L V6 sedan models. These are new cars not used. It does not include the ~$700 destination charge but I did not ask about any other additional fees :blush: I will contact the dealer to find out.
  • Options
    Are the following included on all new Accords? Or is this an extra dealer-installed option?

Alloy Wheel Locks, Pinstripes, Front/Rear Mudguards, and Color Door Edge Guards
  • Options
    postmortempostmortem Member Posts: 15
    those are all extra options, some dealers will include splash guards in their quite because they have been already installed.
  • Options
    postmortempostmortem Member Posts: 15
    then your numbers are little misleading, usually what I have seen decent EX-L V6 deals after dest. charge but before TTL is in $24,500-$25,000 range. This assumes that fees are going to be reasonable. In other words, if your price is $23,000, then after dest charge and some extra dealer $500 fee, it gets similar to rest deals.
  • Options
    OTD price on 2009 Honda Accord Cpe
    2dr I4 Auto EX-L
    close b4 eom
  • Options
    The Vehicle is:
    2009 Honda Accord EX-L
    Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price: $27,075
    Your Internet Price: $22,228+tax & lic fees
    *The price above includes Destination Charge.
    *This price is only guaranteed through the Internet Department. Please do not involve a salesperson. Price is valid for 24HOURS.
  • Options
    I would consider that an excellent price if here in NC. With the 3% tax plus tag -lic you will be just under 23. My best so far is 24000. OTD.
  • Options
    The prices seem to be getting lower . . but then they will go up again on May 1st.
  • Options
    abcmnabcmn Member Posts: 2
    Is $18250+ttl including $670 destination charge? If so, can I have dealer name? I got a quote of $19000 on (MSRP$22375 included $670).
  • Options
    sam011002sam011002 Member Posts: 8
    I just purchased a new '09 EXL V6 from Castrucci's Honda in Dayton OH. $23234.40 + 276.50 in fees. Since I am not from Ohio, this does not include sales tax or license, although it does include 30 day plates. Did it through their internet office. What a great way to buy a car.
  • Options
    cy23youngcy23young Member Posts: 2
    Showcase Honda, phoenix, az.

Got a Quote through internet $28,448 otd. When I got there price shot up to $29,300 otd. Something must of happened within the week since the price shot up. The economy must be doing better or something.
  • Options
    chuck1919chuck1919 Member Posts: 176
    Nope,
    This is called "dealer tricks". It shot up to 29K so they can start negotiating with you and hopefully sell you the car for more than the 24K they first quoted you.

My advice- run very fast from this dealer! The worst that can happen is they call you back and offer the car at the lower price.
  • Options
    tmartin110tmartin110 Member Posts: 3
    Sorry, hope my late reply isn't too late.

Pohanka Honda, Fredericksburg VA
    Internet Manager Paula Smith. She handled all internet and dealership transactions.
  • Options
    john09john09 Member Posts: 1
    Bought the EXL without adding any option. Any comment?
  • Options
    hondafan51hondafan51 Member Posts: 2
    Dealer and sales person please, I live in Barrington.
  • Options
    hondafan51hondafan51 Member Posts: 2
    Pricing?
  • Options
    abyliabyli Member Posts: 1
    It was raining cats and dogs last night, but we went to Gillman Honda SouthWest in Houston and bought the Polished Metallic Accord LX AT OTD $19700 with 2.9% 36 months financing. Really no hassles, the best experience I have had so far.
  • Options
    carcrazyme2carcrazyme2 Member Posts: 2
    Hello All
    I am on the fence about buying a 2009 model I have a price on or waiting for the 2010 model. I have a 1999 Honda Accord which I love, but think it's time to update.
    I got a quote from a local dealer for a Demo 2009 EX-L V6 w/NAV COUPE, with Splash Guards,Wheel Locks,Trunk Tray,Door Edge Guards,Rear Bumper App, Ventureshield (already on),Window Tint,EPP package (waste of money but already on) and Chrome Weels for $33,000 Out the Door. They also tacked on a $120 detail service fee which I think is nuts. The price includes tax/title/etc. What's everyone's opinion on this price? It has 600 miles on it. Good deal or wait for 2010? Anyone know when they will come out? Thanks! :confuse:
  • Options
    venusfanvenusfan Member Posts: 4
    Got quote on a '09 Accord EX-L 4CY for $24760 OTD is that a good deal in NYC. I wanted spoiler but they try to say that's $700+ so I asked for fog lights and was told that would cost more.
  • Options
    It is always best to bargain on price as opposed to adding optional equipment, which dealers don't want to bother with. Plus if you back out of the deal at the last moment, they are stuck with a car with special options that other customers wouldn't pay for.
  • Options
    uclaguy3uclaguy3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm in Southern California and I received a quote for $23,595 + ttl. Anybody know if that's a good price? Thanks!
  • Options
    medikitmedikit Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a 2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX, 4 cyl w/ AT for 19131 (17995 + TTL). Purchased from Crown Honda in Greensboro, NC through their internet sales department. Contacted them via edmunds car listing.
  • Options
    carcrazyme2carcrazyme2 Member Posts: 2
    Need to make a decision by tomorrow.
    Have a price of 26,000 for a 2009 EX-L V6 COUPE, AUTO, no nav.
    Includes tax/title/license,etc.

Fair price?
    :confuse:
  • Options
    cenergycenergy Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I am located in Long Island, NY and am in somewhat a fast mode to get the car. Looking for 36 Month term, 12K, 0 money down, no trade.
    I emailed about 5 local dealers asking for cap cost, money factor, rf, etc. and the response has not been very good. I prefer to do as much shopping on line.
    Does anyone know of a solid dealer in the NY metro area?
    Or perhaps can someone tell me of a good deal they got for this car (or similiar) in my area.
  • Options
    venusfanvenusfan Member Posts: 4
    The dealer kept on calling and leaving messages all day for me to come in to finish the deal. I don't want ot pay $24.5K for a car but in away I just want to treat myself after working so hard, building my credit to the uppder 700's. But I want an SUV and the CRV isn't cutting it.. will wait until June for the new equinox to make a decision between the accord or the equinox.
  • Options
    bostonbenbostonben Member Posts: 71
    Was given in internet price of 19.2K. Not bad. Looks to be expiring tomorrow. Not sure if Honda will renew dealer incentives. This dealer had met their sales goal 110% so they had an extra $1K in dealer cash.
  • Options
    ram_mdxram_mdx Member Posts: 13
    Hi tmartin110,

Thank you for your response.

Would you mind sharing the receipt as I want to show it as proof.

Thanks
    Reddy
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A tv reporter is hoping to talk with victims of automotive scams and ripoffs in the greater Seattle area. If you have a story to share, please email jfallon@edmunds.com no later than May 15, 2009 and be sure to note your daytime contact information and a few words about your experience.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    azkalhanazkalhan Member Posts: 7
    Just purchased my '09 EXL last night, black exterior / ivory interior. Below are the figures:

Car with splash guards, window tint, destination: $22,800
    Doc fee: $189
    Credit report fee: $25
    Total before TTL: $23,014

I think I made a pretty good deal.
  • Options
    ram_mdxram_mdx Member Posts: 13
    is it for V4 or V6?
  • Options
    azkalhanazkalhan Member Posts: 7
    It is an i4, purchased in St. Louis, MO.
  • Options
    joey30joey30 Member Posts: 2
    I am about to purchase a new 2009 Honda accord EXL-V6 w/nav and I plan to buy the extended warranty and was wondering if any of you out there have purchased this warranty and what you paid for it.
    your input is appreciated.
    Joe in Phoenix AZ
  • Options
    reechzreechz Member Posts: 50
    Honda City in Levittown had done right by me twice, most recently in December 08. Debbie Edelstein was my salesperson both times.
  • Options
    barcuribarcuri Member Posts: 3
    I used CR's "bottom line price" ($13,077) as my starting point... well, actually, I rounded down to 13,000, and told the dealer that's what I believed his dealership's cost to be. His manager wanted to settle at 23,750. I wrote down the $23.750, added a wing spoiler at 525 (dealer price=$640) and mud flaps for 125 (dealer price=145)... totaled at $24,400 and signed it. The manager accepted it.

Only after I'd returned home did I realize his prices on the options were considerably higher than on Honda's website. Live and learn.

Total for my 2009 EX-L I4 NoNAV Sedan
    +wing spoiler
    +splash guards = $24,400 (excluding tax, title, & license)

Despite my bungling the option prices, I was (and remain) pleased with the deal I got. The 2.9% financing for 36 months was sweet!

Dealership: John Holtz Honda (Rochester, NY)

PS: As for the extended warranties, the finance manager offered them to me for $200 less than the agent had. I believe the 5yr/60K was $695, and the 7yr/84K was $1095. I refused both.
  • Options
    chicago35chicago35 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 2009 Black Honda Accord EX automatic OTD $21,849. I'm in Atlanta. I feel pretty to get this price all by my self as a woman. Did I do good or what...!
  • Options
    chicago35chicago35 Member Posts: 3
    This is my first new car. I got it OTD at $21,849. Is this good or what...! I'm in Atlanta.
  • Options
    good_deal4ugood_deal4u Member Posts: 2
    I got mine for 23,870
    documentation fees 177
    after market starter 499 (they installed a Honda starter instead)
    chicagoland taxes (7.9%) 1,939
    OTD $26,485

I bought it from Honda McGrath, it was an internet deal, and I could not be more pleased.
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I'd say that is a very good deal. Seems like the Atlanta area Honda dealers offer good deals as I recall someone posting a great deal on a Fit. Enjoy your new car
  • Options
    djchad94djchad94 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what the Honda factory to dealer incentives are for May? I haven't found any info on it yet. I live in Redding, CA about 2.5 hours north of the Bay Area.