Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dolfan1dolfan1 Posts: 216
    There's a lot of truth to this. I don't know how many times, over the last 25 years, I've gone to a place like Sun Tire for an oil change and drive out with new brakes, water pump, whatever. I'm not a mechanic and for the most part are at their mercy.

My brother drives an large, older Buick and swears by taking it to the dealer instead of these other places because they'll only do the maintenance he asked for in the first place.
  • w_byrnesw_byrnes Posts: 15
    I would suggest you first negotiate down the new SE price without mentioning your trade-in. Don’t visit the dealer personally – communicate with their internet manager through emails. The posts from members here who previously purchased a SE would give you some idea on what is a good price. You can email all the dealership within 100 miles radius. You are not going to these distant dealers but use them as your leverage and reference.

After you have got a good price on the new car, you can start to pay physical visits the dealers. Your 2002 LX should have a very good resell value. The dealer will make money both ways, a lot of money. You should be able to stick with the trade in price from Edmunds or KBB. I also traded in my Camry 04 LE when I got my EX-L. The first several dealers only would offer 11000 at the most. The last one offered 12800 and they earned my business. BTW, they are selling this car at $14995 as an internet special.

You need some patience especially when there is a trade-in involved. The salesperson has a lot of skills to talk you into there price scheme. They are real professionals.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,679
    Well, we can usually smell a "hidden trade".

It's pretty simple really. If you don't like what you are offered, just sell it yourself!
  • jbl8jbl8 Posts: 40
    Thank you for the advice. I thought that I can fetch $10K for my 2002 Accord LX. But Edmunds gives me around $8.5K to 9K. Fine, I can accept it. The dealer really put me down by offer $7K for the trade-in. I might as well keep driving my good old Honda. Anyone bought a SE V6? Please post your price. I saw the price of $20.5K for SE V6 before TTL posted here.

Guess have to be patient. Indeed, salesperon's job is too drive up the price as much as possible, he/she has the time. But I don't :cry: that's why I don't like to buy new car.
  • he8833he8833 Posts: 52
    Accord SE V6 including the $750 dealer cash is $19,446 for a 4 cyl and $21,005 for a 6 cyl. This includes the Dest fee. This was from a dealer in Chicago...I will be getting another couple quotes from Milwaukee and MN for comparsion..*****Note this quote was from last month and included the 750.00 dealer cash.

Hey Isellhondas is their another rebate to the dealer avaiable at the moment? Or one coming
  • dzubadzuba Posts: 159
    New here..........I am actually getting quotes on the above vehicle at below invoice pricing. Is this common with Honda, or are they pushing out the 07's for the 08's? If so - when do the 08's arrive? $25,500 for a Loaded Accord w/Nav is pretty darn good IMO.
  • w9cww9cw Posts: 888
    jbl8 - There's no way I would trade in an Accord. Sell it privately, either through one of your local newspaper's classifieds, a "Penny Saver" or "Thrifty Nickel" type newspaper, craigslist, etc., anything but trading it in - you will be thousands better off.

Dealers always low ball trades, regardless if it's a Honda, Toyota, etc.
  • w_byrnesw_byrnes Posts: 15
    >you will be thousands better off.

That is true. However, you may also want to consider the tax saving and time/trouble saving for trade-in.
  • bamaflumbamaflum Posts: 39
    Hey Isellhondas is their another rebate to the dealer avaiable at the moment? Or one coming

I will be purchasing in the next month and would like to know also if the rebate is still in effect with so many Accords going for below invoice.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    I am fairly confident that I have seen the rebate is still in effect. I wouldn't expect anything to change unless the rebate is upped to a higher amount later in the year, closer to the 2008 launch.
  • macthor2macthor2 Posts: 11
    Thanks to your posting, I contacted Grand Honda in Elmhurst and my 80 yr old uncle bought a VP from them for $17,095 + $58 doc + TTL on Saturday. If he paid cash, it would have been $16,345 for the car. The $17,095 included destination charge. Honda is running a $750 rebate on cash customers for Honda’s cars. The salesman was very nice and I would recommend him to any one. His original quote was $100 higher.

I know I got a great deal because their two dealers near my house and uncle’s (Pauly Honda and Motor Werks in Barrington) quoted $400-$500 higher and cannot match Grand Honda’s price. Actually, their original quotes were $300-$400 higher, but I called GH and said if they lower their quote by $100, I would come buy today so it became $400-$500, and they said ok right away. I was afraid that GH may pull something like jack up the APR (since I don’t know my uncle’s score), but I asked them to pull his record before making the 30 mile drive and they that he qualified for the Honda’s offering rate of 4.9% for 60 months.

He also quoted an LP for $18,495, which is also lower than the other two Honda dealers.

I asked the salesman to put it in writing and sent my husband and uncle off. Once they got there, they tested the car, picked a color, signed the paperwork, and drove home, door to door was only 3 hours. It was the most pleasant experience that they had experienced. They said that everyone there was very nice and professional and there was no hassle whatsoever. My negotiation was done over four hours over the phone, including time waiting for the salesman to call back. I sent 3 emails, about 10 phone calls between the dealers (Pauly quoted cash price and Barrington quoted financing price so I had to clarify who’s quoting what). It was a whole new experience for me and I love it, it beats spending hours negotiating at the dealer and not even knowing if I got the best price or not).

However, my husband said that the Finance guy did ask if we want the extended warranty for $2000 (something like 6 years, 100,000 miles), but my husband said that my wife would kill me if I buy anything else, and the Finance guy smiled and stopped i
    It isn't a "rebate" but the dealer incentive is still ineffect.
    It isn't a "rebate" but the dealer incentive is still ineffect.

Thanks. I hope to test drive during spring break and buy in April--once my wife gives me premission. ;)
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 772
    Permission to buy an Accord? My wife would kiss my feet and do a victory dance if I traded in one of my stupid toys for a Honda Accord. Great gas mileage, safety, room for five, nicely appointed--at half the price! Women love guys who drive Accords because it says that they're sensible, responsible, and unpretentious. Yup, everything we don't want to be known as...
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    If being practical is wrong, I don't wanna be right. :)

I know I'm not the norm though!
    Be careful. No guarantee this will extend until April.
  • jcash2dsjcash2ds Posts: 29
    the unfailing trend i've seen in prices paid since ..November?.. has been downward. As we near the debut of the 8th generation accord, with or without this 'incentive' i'm sure you can find a decent price.

when i bought mine no one mentioned any dealer incentive.
    I knew what I was willing to pay, and that's the way it turned out.
    I get these emails boasting great reductions and that "this is only good for X amount of days." Yet I keep receiving these messages every week or two.
    The only changes I would anticipate towards the summer/fall are deeper discounts. Of course the dealers want you in there ASAP. I still see 10,000 accords sitting on the lots.

As for the financing rates...that's a different story. :blush:

Just my 2 cents.
    So, how much would you really expect to save? Another 100.00? 200.00?

I have seen people trying so hard to play the wating game in hopes prices will go lower but often they don't. Inventories shrink to the point there is no reason to continue incentives.

And there are always people who happen to really LIKE the current model and are fearful of the changes in the new redesign. For that reason (and for the savings)they will buy now when they can still get the model and color they really want.

Saving a few dollars isn''t the most important thing to a lot of people.
  • he8833he8833 Posts: 52
    Isellhonda,

Why doesnt the dealer incentive show on Edmunds anymore?
  • jcash2dsjcash2ds Posts: 29
    Personally, I waited 2 months and saved nearly 1000(compared to what they were offering earlier). How's that ?

Another 100 or 200 is great. You need to take into account the interest on this... heck, would you rather pay 20,000 or 20,500 if you had your way?

I'm sure most people reading these posts ARE money-conscious, which is why they are here to begin with, and wouldn't mind saving a couple hundred bucks. Besides, if they can wait a few months, as they said earlier, what's the harm in that? Again, the Accord inventory is nowhere near depletion.

Maybe to you saving a few hundred isn't a big deal; to me spending a few thousand (nearly 10K more) on a house crumbs off the cake. And to Mr. Gates saving a few million is pocket change. Be mindful to respect every individuals' situation.

I will say that I'm one of those who prefer to buy the last year of the current model than the 1st year of the new model. I dont' particularly fancy the new design- but this did not spur me to rush into a 20K purchase.
  • jbl8jbl8 Posts: 40
    Indeed. A lot of people are reluctant to donate even $100 for a good cause. But when it comes to buy a car, they are too generous! I would rather wait and save. I don't believe that there will be no more cars. :confuse: Are you kidding!
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,738
    At some point before the new Accord gets to dealers the supplies of the old model will start falling. If you want a particular color or model, you may be out of luck at that point. I remember around Sept. of 2002 there were some people who couldn't get the particular model and color last of the old generation at the price they wanted--because literally there were none left. Probably if you buy by August, however, there will still be plenty...

I think the 8th generation is going to be great. I'm thinking of waiting for it. But it's likely to cost 2000-3000 more. It may only go up 1000 in list price, but it will be selling at close to list for a while. The discounts like they have on the current generation will not be available for years.
    Permission to buy an Accord? My wife would kiss my feet and do a victory dance if I traded in one of my stupid toys for a Honda Accord. Great gas mileage, safety, room for five, nicely appointed--at half the price! Women love guys who drive Accords because it says that they're sensible, responsible, and unpretentious. Yup, everything we don't want to be known as...
    Replies to this message:

Well, when she holds the check book...Actually, we have saving for a while for a down payment. Each month we save, will be less to finance.

Isell, being a teacher, I hope to test drive during spring break possibly so I can take the kids and test them out with car seats in the back. Plus, I don't want to buy when I test drive, so having the kids is a good excuse to leave the dealership and come back later.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    It is unlikely to go up $1000. Most of the time the MSRP of the new models are very close to the final MSRP of outgoing model. There just will not be any incentives plus production usually ramps up slowly so selection will be poor for months and there will be much less discounting on the 2008s.
    If you are not too picky about a single color choice, you will still be able to buy a 2007 right before and for a little while after the 2008s come out.
    They are sure to build and stockpile enough so they don't run out and lose millions of dollars of sales by not having anything to sell during the model changeover. On top of that sales usually drops off for a few months right before a new model is released as people postpone their purchase in anticipation, so there are usually good deals offered then to get people from sitting on the fence waiting.
  • novagirlnovagirl Posts: 2
    Hello all,

Last week (2/26/07) I purchased a 2007 Accord EX-L Auto 4 cyl 4dr for a price, out the door, of $22,249. That includes everything (including fees, tags, title, and my Virginia state tax of 3.12%). They also threw in wheel locks and mud flaps. I believe that this was a good price from what I've read here, but would love your input. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Novagirl
  • Hi there, the 750 dealer cash is still going on and will be at least till the end of the month.
  • I've just recently received the same quote in California. It's the lowest quote I've received yet and was wondering why it was so low. Maybe you're right about the 08's arriving soon.

Can anyone chime in on this?
  • Hi Novagirl,

The best quote I found for the EX-L Auto 4 Cyl sedan was $21,600 and that is before TTL. Sounds to me like you got a good deal. Congrats on your new car!
  • the 08 accords will nt be arrivi ng until at least late september early october. there are incentives and volume bonuses that American Honda is giving to dealers for the entire year on accord sales. not too mention that the amount of accords a dealer sells between now and when the 08's come out directly affects the original allocation of new Accords they will receive at release. forward looking dealers will let 07's go for less because of these reasons.
  • novagirlnovagirl Posts: 2
    Thanks!

Yes, I actually just rechecked my paperwork and I made a mistake...

My price was $21,391 including the $595 freight but BEFORE taxes of $650, title of $22, plate fee of $29, $299 processing fee, and a business license tax of $36. And I made a mistake on the out the door total -- it was actually $22,429. But I still think that was good... do y'all agree?

Again it was a 2007 Accord EX-L Auto 4cyl 4dr (no Nav).

Thanks!
    Novagirl