Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hitman80hitman80 Posts: 17
    My friend got a nice deal on Ex-L 4D, Automatic

Car price - 21000
    Dest - 550
    Taxes and Tags exta

BTW its in MD

Trying to get the same deal in NJ.
  • bamaflumbamaflum Posts: 39
    Was this a 2007? I was thinking that I could get a 2007 EX-L manual for about 21.5 plus ttl and fees. 21K sounds like a great price, especially for the automatic.
  • fenwahfenwah Posts: 58
    Please keep us updated. Hidy Honda always says in their weird commercials that they will beat anybody by $300-$800. My coworker had a horrible experience with Hidy Honda and purchased his car at White Allen in downtown Dayton. I'm in the market possibly for a 4cyl EX-L 4 door automatic...but probably won't buy until later in the summer.
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    I am surprised that they have any 2006 models left over. You should be able to get a very good deal on them as the 07 EX can be had for $18,997.00 and EXL for $$22,833.00
  • 07 EX for $18,997? I am struggling to get an SE for that price!
    Yes, for the 5 speed.
    I am surprised that they have any 2006 models left over. You should be able to get a very good deal on them as the 07 EX can be had for $18,997.00 and EXL for $$22,833.00

With the 2007 at 22.8 for the EX-L manual how low do you think a dealer would go a 2006?
  • ncsu1ncsu1 Posts: 6
    alamocity, Is 22.8k for EXL or EXL V6? Can you explain the discount in detail? Also, where did you get the quote from? Thank you,
    The $22,833.00 is for the EXL 4 cylinder 5 speed. If interested in details email me and I can provide you the information.
    I don't know the answer to that question. Are these 06 vehicles demo models by chance?
  • Performance dealer used to be a value name in Cincy-dayton area.
    It is not anymore. I stooped by last weekend, my experience is so horrible that I am thing about to file a complain against the sales person. They refused even talk about the price for either, Invoice price, take it or leave it, that is it!
    I don't know the answer to that question. Are these 06 vehicles demo models by chance?

It doesn't say demo on their website or special flier. I'm trying to work with our local dealer (owned by the same company as the one in Houston), but I think he is blowing me off. After he sent me an e-amil, I sent him a response e-mail on Monday and a follow up on Tuesday, but he hasn't responded yet. :confuse:
  • abhinaikabhinaik Posts: 29
    Just bought 07 SE 4 AT with wheel locks, pinstripe & etching on various parts of car.

I think I did well with this deal, if not better.

18551 - car price
    595 - destination
    1149 - PA taxes
    147 - title & tags
    0 - Doc fees
    --------------
    Total - 20441
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,447
    My deal seems pretty poor compared to many, but I have the disadvantage of location. Only 1 moderate sized Honda dealer in the state (2 more tiny ones with only a handfull of Accords at a time) and they know it. Worth it to pay a few hundred more to not drive 700 miles (each way) with 2 vehicles and the whole family.

The two closest big cities are Denver and Minneapolis, and they are not really dealing to well either. Chicago may have better prices, but it seems to me like most of the best deals are on the Coasts.

Vern Eide in Sioux Falls South Dakota
    2007 Accord SE MT
    $18,700 with destination.
    $69 for temp tags and doc.

Out the door for $18,769 - 3% tax gets paid when I pick up my tags. The whole purchase took less than 15 minutes. Signed the contract, handed the checks, and done. Only asked 1 question - do I want the extra warrenty. I said no, and that was it.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    My folks recently moved to Oklahoma City area (Edmond), and I was curious if anyone there had dealt with Bob Howard Honda. I've read bad things on here about Fowler Honda (which is south of town towards Moore), but never heard anything about Bob Howard. My parents are likely going to use this dealership in the future.

Any feedback on it?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,818
    I wouldn't sweat it... That is a lot of car for $19K!!

Congratulations on the new ride..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,818
    Here is something to think about, wrt price....

My wife leased a '99 Accord in January, 1999.. An EX-4 cylinder... no leather.. I negotiated a pretty darn good lease deal, and the selling price was still over $20K!!

It is amazing what you can get for $20K, 8 years later...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• hitman80hitman80 Posts: 17
    Yes, 2007 EX-L 4D Automatic :)
  • abhinaikabhinaik Posts: 29
    Guys

Is this a good deal or I could have done better in PA/NJ?
  • jgf3jgf3 Posts: 1
    Just bought a 07 SE auto 4-cyl Saturday in the Atlanta area.

My drive away price was $20,000 even. Not exactly sure how that breaks down, but I pay 7% sales tax and you can probably backtrack from that. This price was $600 better than my second best quote.

That said, I really didn't get a great deal on my trade-in and I didn't get the 4.9% financing Honda's offering because (apparently) I got too good a price on the car. Still, if you're not dealing with a trade-in, $20,000 drive out seems pretty good.
    $20,000 for an EXL automatic, isn't that about $2,000 under invoice ($2,750 if you include the dealer incentive)?
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    I'm not a fan of Hidy Honda either. I asked the internet mgr for a quote and got one via e-mail. I wrote back: "Thank You for your time. Unfortunately, your quote is not competitive. i will shop elsewhere." Within a day I got back an e-mail saying they would try to beat my best deal - typical car dealer BS.
  • accord92accord92 Posts: 2
    As a newbie, I find this forum enlightening and informative, both to the care and feeding of my old Accord, and as a source of helpful tips shopping for a new one. Here in Westchester (Tuckahoe, specifically, about 20 miles North of NYC), it's Honda country, and dealers (there are plenty) can be stubborn when it comes to negotiating. I'm shopping (cash purchase) for a 4-cylinder SE with automatic, and the best offer to date is $19,500, which includes destination, but excludes tax (8 3/8%), title, tags, document fee. Is the quote reasonable? Thanks.
  • saga66saga66 Posts: 2
    I leased 07 SE auto 4-cyl on Saturday in princeton, NJ.

Selling price was $19600 including destination and money factor was .00096 which equals to 2.3%.

Thanks...
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    I am also shopping for a buy(or lease) on the SE. For the SE-4, I am seeing quotes of 18.8 to 19.2 before TT&L here on this board. Remember there is a 750 dealer incentive on Accord purchases (not leases) now in effect. My best quote here in OH is 19.2 at the moment.
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Posts: 216
    There are members (use search feature) who've bought 6cyl SE's for the same price.
  • chetanrchetanr Posts: 6
    Folks : Do you think it is worth waiting for Easter to make a purchase of the Accord??

Thanks

Chetan
  • Has anyone bot a Honda in the Dallas area, if so could you reccomend a dealer? What should I expect to pay for a Honda Accord EX-L 4 cyl?
  • yatinggyatingg Posts: 4
    Ok, so I've started getting quotes from dealers a couple of days ago. And it's getting ridiculously low each time I call a new dealer saying I have a quote for this particular model and they beat it. How suspicious should I be getting?

NEW '07 Honda Accord Automatic 4DR EX-L V6 with Navigation for $24,999 (includes destination charge)!!!

My haggling began 2 days ago at:
    $25,888
    $25,579
    $25,500
    $25,132
    $24,999

MSRP is $29,995
    Invoice is $27,222
    ... both which include a $595 destination charge.

This is FAR below invoice price. How is this possible?

I'm getting invitations from all dealerships to come in, of course. I have not agreed to come in to any dealership until they can confirm that they have this exact model/color and that they is no other charge other than registration, CA license and maybe a doc fee.

Anyone has opinions on this, or expertise? I hear that internet sales is based on volume, not profit over invoice. But to be this much below invoice???