Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• heathtdheathtd Posts: 3
    Was the $23,695 the base price for your EX-L v6? Meaning, did you start there if you added any extras, or did that include some extras with it?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to do that this evening when I get home from work.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again!
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    The trade complicates things. Can run up to Columbia and see what Carmax will give you for it? Around here, they USED to pay KBB trade money but recently the amounts they pay have dropped to about "auction value" - but it might be worth a trip.

In my state, you get a tax credit for a trade in toward the purchase of a new car. So if they gave me $22,000 in trade I would save $1,540 in state sales tax - so that would be like selling it for $23,540. If it is like that in SC then use you tax rate to see what the trade is really worth, including the tax credits.

The invoice on an 07 EX sedan V6 w/auto is $25,414. Using a Charleston ZIP code Edmunds incentives pages shows $750 in dealer money on the car (assuming you don't do the cheap lease). So $25,414 - $750 = $24,664 would be a good price for the car, including destination and dealer fees. Sure, some have posted lower numbers - but if you could get this price and what you needed out of the truck it would be an OK deal.

You could try to get a price from carsdirect.com and get "dealer price quotes" from here on Edmunds and see what comes up. Others in your area, now that they know where you are, may can suggest dealers to talk to.

You want to get the best price for the new Honda, then mention the trade and negotiate that. If you talk them down to invoice - incentive (or less) on the new car then plan on $22k or less for the truck.

Check cars.com, autotrader.com, and the local paper for what similar trucks are selling for (at least the asking prices). You may be better off to sell the truck yourself to maximize your money. If you don't have title in hand, you can go through a dealer to do the paperwork (they essentially buy your car for the amount owed and sell it to your buyer). The one I have used charges me around $300 for the service, which includes sales contracts, temp tag, overnight shipping of paperwork, etc.

No matter what the "book value" of your truck is, all the current Ford promotions really hurt the resale value. They are offering 0.0% for 60 months or 1.9% for 72 months or $3,000 cash back on a NEW one - which means folks will want a real discount to buy a used on.

Dennis
  • zrokewl299zrokewl299 Posts: 4
    Where is the best place to find invoice pricing on Accords?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,743
    Edmunds.com

Naturally....

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• accordvaaccordva Posts: 2
    I live in Hampton ,VA and am looking to purchase the 07 EX-L V6 w/navi automatic. Where did you buy ?
  • bach6bach6 Posts: 5
    If you can drive to Atlanta, request a quote from Gwinnett Place Honda and Mall of Georgia Honda. I got the same car you are looking at for $23772 including all dealer fees and destination at Mall of GA Honda. Deal with the internet sales office and tell them your friend (me) got the same price. Dealer options included were splash guards, pin stripe & trunk mat.

Put your truck on ebay for no reserve and place the opening bid price at the minimum you'll take for your truck. You'll have no trouble getting better than 22K - you are in the South and pickups are king!

Good luck
  • nircdocnircdoc Posts: 26
    heathtd:

Base price was 23100, plus destination of $595 = $23695, included wheel locks and splash guards. Hope that helps. I had a quote from one dealer for that, took it to the dealer closest to me and they matched it. I love the car! Hope you can say the same soon
  • rajjarrajjar Posts: 4
    Having a tough time getting a local dealer to sell this car for 22,295.00 (includes destination)plus TT and L. I don't think it is unreasonable considering message #14998 purchased a V6 for 23,695.00 and that included wheel locks and splash guards. This is in the Houston area.
    Put your truck on ebay for no reserve and place the opening bid price at the minimum you'll take for your truck. You'll have no trouble getting better than 22K - you are in the South and pickups are king!

Works well if you have title in hand to exchange for cash or (real) cashier's check. Can be hard to do a private sale if the title is in the hands of a bank. The buyer might not go for handing off the funds and letting the seller use the money to pay off the loan - and wait weeks for the title to arrive.

Dennis
    If I posted that I got the car for $21,500 would that drive you nuts? You can't worry about what price someone POSTs that they paid. They may have a trade, they may live in a different area (different incentives), and they may have put in the wrong price.

Invoice on the I4 EX-L w/auto is $23,291. If you put in a Houston area ZIP on the Edmunds incentives page it shows the $750 dealer money. So a good price would be invoice less the incentive, or $22,541 for the car with destination and dealer fee. Could you maybe get a better deal? Sure, but it may be not be reasonable to expect it. If you find a dealer who will go $22,541 I would take the deal and enjoy your new Accord.

Dennis
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Have you considered looking outside the Houston area? May want to expand your search to the San Antonio area to see what they offer.
    Holmes Honda over in Shreveport used to (maybe still does?) offer really nice prices as well.

Dennis
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    There are ways to deal with this. I've sold a non-paid-off car to a private party and the bank sent the title directly to the new buyer's bank and the cash overage to me.
    They do not have to rely on "trusting you" if you do the right paperwork.
  • zzzooomzzzooom Posts: 17
    State Line Honda..just across the VA border on Hwy 168 (a.k.a. battlefield blvd).
  • poepoe1771poepoe1771 Posts: 14
    Mindaugas, what does that price include? Destination? Doc? Or is that the base price plus all that other stuff? I would greatly appreciate your help. What was the dealership you got that qoute at?
  • azimoazimo Posts: 3
    Not sure what model you are considering. I just purchased an 07 automatic value package for $17,200. This was purchased in Amherst, NY.

Good luck.
  • rajjarrajjar Posts: 4
    Got the car yesterday at 22,100 plus Tax, Title and License..Long story short..This dealership has two different locations. I visited the second dealership telling them of my horrible experience with the first dealership...The second dealership honored the price and was able to reduce the price because I financed through Honda which gives the dealership a kick-back. Also, the car had no extra dealer add-ons. I highly recommend this internet rep...He fought for me...BTW: The car would be perfect if V-6, but would require higher costs for engine and gas... :)
  • jak666jak666 Posts: 4
    Giving back for some of the useful info found here.

I just took delivery of a 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid with NAVI, purchased on 5/8/07. This was a straight cash purchase with no trade-in, no financing. Deal was consummated after a modest amount of haggling (). Starting point was Costco pricing at $29,885 for the car without the wheel locks. (The Window Sticker (MSRP) was $33,090, invoice $29,796.) Wheel locks were installed (List $98)

Final Price Paid $29,485.
    Savings $ 3,703 or 11.2%.

Transportation, taxes, registration & miscellaneous junk fees are not part of these figures. Dealer was Honda of Stevens Creek Honda in San Jose, CA. (owned by a big automotive group, Sonic Automotive).

Honda seems to be getting quite aggressive on the pricing B-4 the new Accords arrive later this year. Perhaps someone could comment on the current holdbacks/dealer incentives being ofered.

Thx & regards---jak
  • mayurjshahmayurjshah Posts: 37
    hi Coach,

I'm trying to work the same deal and want to know if you can send me either the name of the salesperson and/or you name to my email address. They were very nice and I'd like to the purchase the same car from them. If you can help, please email

ibcd@hotmail.com.

Thank you.
  • mayurjshahmayurjshah Posts: 37
    was this VP before or after Tax/Title/License and including destination?
  • aristotlearistotle Posts: 123
    Denver prices are higher than those prevailing at the coasts. I bought a 2007 LX Auto Sedan for $19000 + tax last night. I part financed it thru Honda Financing at 2.9%. Will take delivery today. Don't know if I paid way too much for this car.

Until 2 days ago I was looking at the Civic hybrid. But since there is a catch with hybrid rebates and AMT I chose not to buy the HCH. I then looked at the regular Civic. Most people seem to indicate that they really do not get more than 30mpg on the regular Civic. Decided to go with the Accord, a proven car with a bigger body and great in every aspect.
  • mars315mars315 Posts: 2
    How are these prices from Greensboro (home)/Martinsville, VA (buy)? First price is dealer price to me, the second is OTD, which includes taxes, etc. PLUS a $199 "Service Fee:"

Both EX-L Sedans with Navi, Automatic:

4 Cyl: $25,099 $26,181.79
    V-6: $27,722 $28,888.25

Thank You.
  • yea the prices are really high because in LA area i can get a SE for 18300+ tax and like the LX is around 17200 that price
  • I would recommend using on-line quotes from multiple dealerships. From my research, the online quotes were lower and much easier then any quote I got from a salesman. For a EX-L (4cyl), I had two Charlotte, NC based dealers offer an OTD price of $24,700.
  • azimoazimo Posts: 3
    This price included destination charge, Tax/title was extra.
    Hi chromatin317,
    Wow! $17,200 is a great price. Is that for a manual or an auto? Does that include destination and dealer handling fees as well? I almost wanted to fly to LA to buy the car and drive it back, but did not want to put more than 1000 miles within a couple of days of owning the car. Also the cost of gas, overnight stay somewhere and the attendant expenses made me decide against it.
  • Automatic with destination and dealer cost haha... well yea LA is more competetive theres like 4 honda dealers around my dealers all trying to cut prices...
  • mars315mars315 Posts: 2
    "I had two Charlotte, NC based dealers offer an OTD price of $24,700. " Is that with Navi or without?
    I can understand variations upto $500 in pricing between regions, but $1800? Isn't that a lot? In the year 2000 I went to Tulsa, Oklahoma to purchase my Odyssey because the price in Colorado was at least $2000 more. I hope Honda is watching this and will something to make prices a little more even across regions. I understand that there are more dealers in big cities and hence more competition among them to get the customer. Perhaps there are a lot more unsold Accords in the coasts and they need to clear them to make way for the 08's.
  • mindaugasmindaugas Posts: 10
    It was Honda on Grand in Elmhurst,IL. Salesperson told me that I have to add TTL and doc. fee (no destination fees
    ,according to him ). Really nice dealership and nice people to deal. But unfortunatelly I'm considering other vehicle right now . As far as I can remember , it was new Accord VP A/T . But it was a while ago and I would reccomend to check with them. Sorry !