Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• frankcariofrankcario Posts: 28
    Please advise which Houston dealer you purchased from. I have been scouring the Houston Chronicle Saturday car ads for weeks and the Honda dealers here don't seem to advertise anymore.
  • tytxtytx Posts: 2
    Ad was sent to me by email. I did not know if they also used other media, since I communicated with dealers solely via internet.
    Give me a email address, if you want the name.
  • phunwinphunwin Posts: 1
    Just got mine today from John Holtz Honda in Rochester, NY, for $24,475 plus TTL, about $350 under invoice. Called a ton of local dealers, and had a hard time getting much below that. Actually, I worked them pretty hard just to get that (I pushed for $24K flat, they said "that would be financial suicide"). Sounds like that's a bit higher than some of the other prices around the country.

FWIW, a very good sales experience. No questionable fees, no hard extended warranty push. For anyone in the Western NY area, I'd recommend them.

And slistudent, I may be way off here, but I believe the $750 is applicable if you want the 4.9% financing, but they'll do the $1200 if you don't.
  • yauzasyauzas Posts: 4
    Hey guys, I've been looking in southern CA for a while. I was quoted $20,343 OTD for an Accord SE 4cyl MT sedan. After some haggling, they brought it down to $19,126 ($17,500+TTL) OTD. This is about $2000 below invoice, but I know that MT sedans are hard to sell and the 2008's are coming in soon. Should I take it?? I'm trying to go lower.
  • blufz1blufz1 Posts: 2,045
    That's a pretty good price. Just checked the incentives for my area and they are 750 + 750= 1500. Your getting close to the bottom. Maybe you can grind another 250 out of them. Good luck.
  • arnp99arnp99 Posts: 12
    I am looking at purchasing this and was told by salesman today this is a "rare car" because of MT. He is a large dealer and had none on his lot and was unsure if he could get one. Strongly advised me to buy sooner rather than later and cautioned I may need to wait for '08. Told him that would defeat my purpose of buying at end of model year and prior to new model revision. Anybody know how hard these are to find in midwest? Also wondering if anyone will give me advice on cash offer in light of new cash to buyer incentive? Thanks!! Threads are very helpful and hope to join the ranks of new owners soon!
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    If not trade and this is OTD it is a good price..
    It's not rare in the classic sense. They just don't have a lot of demand for manuals so they make less. Shop around some and see if you can find a dealer that has a manual in stock. A starting point would be $2300 below invoice. Sooner is better because of model changeover. Good luck.
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Hope this helps answer your question.
    THE APR SPECIAL AND LEASE SPECIAL FOR ACCORDS NOW ENDS MONDAY!!!
    1200.00 Dealer Incentive for Accord Sedans EXCEPT for VP / LX / SE Accord 4cylinders.....and CAN NOT be used with the Special APR or Lease!!!
    1000.00 Dealer Incentive for ALL COUPES .....CAN NOT be used with any Specials!!
    See Alamocity's post. There may be an additional $1200 to grind out of them.
    Alamo, is the $1200 in addition to the $750 marketing support? Thanks.
  • cumcmecumcme Posts: 4
    I just bought XE-L I4 Sedan w/ AT in SoCal
    for $21,544.90 + TTL.

Selling Price: $21,544.90

+ Mud guard
    + Wheel lock
    + 6yr/80000 warranty
    + Alarm
    + Trunk Trey
    + TTL

OTD: $25,035.00
    Financed terms: 60 w/ 4.9% APR which comes to 377.02/month.

You guys think this is good deal?

thank you.
  • rujorujo Posts: 132
    Depending upon how much you paid for the warranty . . . you might want to look at message #15113 in this forum for some comments I made on saving money on the Honda Care warranty.

Enjoy your new car!
    "1200.00 Dealer Incentive for Accord Sedans EXCEPT for VP / LX / SE Accord 4cylinders.....and CAN NOT be used with the Special APR or Lease!!!"

I'm going to get a 4 cylinder SE sedan... this does not apply to me right?
    That is Alamo's info. Maybe he will respond. I infer from his post that the 1200 does not apply to the SE 4.
    That is my understanding that it does not apply to the 4 cylinder SE model.
    I'm not sure to be honest as I gathered the information from another website.
    Thanks for the info, man.
  • davidcarrdavidcarr Posts: 5
    i know i can get it for invoice easy at 19k but i am looking to see if i can get it for 19k otd. i know they have a ton of incentives but i was thinking about financing it through Honda.

with the 08s coming in august i figure they want to get the 07s off the lot asap. so maybe they can apply the incentives with the 4.9 financing.

i am in houston and am going to start emailing dealers monday on pricing. when i went in to gillman honda the were giving me a civic lx for 18k. it was 16k + 2k for all the taxes and what not. i thought it was a bit much for a civic. so i decided on the accord coupe

so what do yall think are my chances on getting a lx acord coupe for 19k otd?
  • davidcarrdavidcarr Posts: 5
    oh for the guy looking for houston area honda dealers heres a list:

gillman fort bend, sw and north

goodson south and north

mcdavid honda

russell and smith
    Today I purchased the 2007 Accord SE 4cyl MT sedan, in graphite pearl, with 3 miles on the odometer! I tried my best, but they would absolutely not go below $19,100 OTD. So I paid about $2k below invoice, I am happy!!

I'm not sure if they're standard with the SE, nor do I care about having them, but it came with the floor mats, splash guards, wheel locks, and trunk tray. I tried to get them to remove them to lower the price, but they wouldn't.

I put 0% down and used the 4.9/60 month financing. Payments are $360/month.

This forum is excellent. Thanks for all of your help.
    I think you "wrung" just about everything you could out of them. You did well. Enjoy your car.
  • faji_tamafaji_tama Posts: 5
    alamo, would you (or anyone else) mind explaining the whole incentive bit to me, and how that fits into price negotiations? I'm buying my first car soon... I was going to get an SE Accord, but the dealer might actually have a better deal on the EX now. I'm wondering if it's somehow related to the incentive bit. Thanks!
  • arnp99arnp99 Posts: 12
    If you look at the model of your Accord SE on Edmunds, click on "incentives". You will then be able to read about specific incentives available for that model. Near the bottom of the page, click on "about incentives & rebates". That screen gives a nice review of terms and helped me answer a few questions. Good luck!
  • driverfundriverfun Posts: 2
    The best quote I got so far from dealers in mideeast. Base price: 16736 (including Destination charge. OTD: 18,000 Sale Tax: 6%.

Should I take it?

Thanks.
  • Which state? I am looking for accord LX around DC area. Thanks.

The best internet quote I got for now is $17,785. Price does not include destination, fees, tax and tags.
    Bought in southern California. It was $17,500 before TTL, and this was for an SE. I was originally quoted $1300 higher though, so you can probably go much lower after haggling since it is an LX.
  • skp71skp71 Posts: 1
    I got a offer for EX-L V6 with navigation for $24,988 + TTL.
    This is in Westminster,CA.
    Is this a good offer? and what should I look for when they do the final out the door price?
  • rujorujo Posts: 132
    OTD should be pretty straightforward: in addition to sales tax your title and registration fees will be no more than $250 and you'll have dealer document fees of $55-75. That should be it! Watch carefully for any other "garbage" - excessive additional fees of any kind, dealer-installed options, warranty upsell (buy online if you really want it), etc.

Price looks good to me - altho I haven't been following the SoCal market recently. Enjoy!
  • kingsfan2kingsfan2 Posts: 20
    Has anybody gotten any pricing lately in N. California for
    a 4cy.EX-L w Nav AT? Have been quoted 23,995 at Honda of Oakland inc. Destination, has anybody heard better?