Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• A dealer offered a quote that she said was valid only if I also took their financing. She said banks pay dealers each time they bring in a customer, and they pay them even if the customer were to pay off the loan after a week. So thats why she said dealers offered better deals with financing v/s cash.

She says I could get a lower quote if I agreed to the financing and that I could always pay off the bank after the deal. And that there would be no closing costs (early payoff) either.

I smell a rat, so wanted to get some thoughts on this.

Thanks.
  • I got mine at Conicelli. My sense was that I could have gotten similar deals at Sloane and Piazza. Sussman wouldn't go below $22,800. I think the key was that Conicelli had this car on the lot (and were therefore incurring floorplan loan expense on every day it wasn't sold).
  • Sorry for delayed response.

Bought mine from Fremont. Got the Graphite pearl

~2K tax & licenses (8.75% tax ~238 DMV fees)
    370 (dealer oil change/tire rotation/20 point inspection for 5yrs/60K miles)
    21,500 OTD (also got the wheel locks for free) + dealer was ready to offer Honda Care for $1000 (80k/6yrs)

Overall buying experience was great. No pressure or deception on their part. Great Value!! in my openion

Thank everyone for their help, and this Forum has helped me tremendoulsy.
  • Hi
    I am planning to buy a 2005 Honda Accord LX/EX. (area Stamford)

As dealers are clearing stock, they have offered me 15k for an LX. Is this a good price?

Now I am planning to look out for 2005 EX. Whats the best price I should look for? They gave me an offer of 20.5 K.

Thanks
    Raj
  • has anyone in here leased an accord recently? I'm planning on doing this when my car comes in (should be this week) was just wondering what fees I should be paying (aqusition fees / bank fees) any fees I shoudl AVOID paying? just trying to get an idea of what I'm looking at for fees, and want to make sure I'm not being overcharged on teh fees (got a great price on teh car itself) thanks

-Nick
  • End of the month I paid a little more than the lowest price ($18,748) to get the color combo I want and only 5 miles off the truck that morning. Put $5000 down and financed at 3.99%. This was at Honda of Hollywood in California.

Silver Exterior / Black interior
    Price: ............$19,000
    Tire Fee: ...........$8.75
    Doc. Fee: ..........$45.00
    8.5% tax: .......$1,571.21
    DMV (Est): ........$187.00
    ----------------------------------
    TOTAL: ............$20,811

------------------------------------
  • I think the doc fee is outrageous!
    "Documentation fee.........398"
  • mldj98mldj98 Posts: 378
    Come on down to Florida.....you think $398 is bad....that's average.......how about $499 & $599 for luxury cars!!!! Plus 6% sales tax!
  • Just got another quote from Landmark Honda in Alexandria, VA of $23,880 out the door. Awesome deal, let me know if you have gotten a lower price otd on this car.
  • ramidaramida Posts: 67
    Yeah, $398 for documentation fee is outrageously excessive! These Honda dealers here in the Cary-Raleigh-Chapel Hill, North Carolina, area are real suckers!

Avoid Leith Honda in Raleigh -- go to Cary Autopark Honda instead (relatively better people, relatively better service). Take note of the use of the word "relatively". :-) Cary Autopark Honda also charges $398 for documentation fee.

ramida
  • Prices tend to be much lower in Florida, which is offset somewhat by the dealer fees. It all evens out.
  • I finally got my accord after waiting about 2 1/2 months. Ex-L sedan 4cyl, 5 speed manual with Navi. it's so great. total price paid was 24,800 (including added and installed rear wing spoiler)+ fees of aqusition fee (595) dealer fees (90) reg. fees (180), security deposit (400) and first months payment (390) (total fees were 1595 which I paid up front). onyl thing I did't realize that it dind't include an auto dimming rear view mirror. I tried to get them to throw this in for 200 busk more (making total 25,000.) and the salesmen showed me a sheet saying it was 295 installed I said "can you do it for 200" he sort of cuckled (as he was going to fill out the rest of the paper work) and said "no". so I wasn't happy about that. other than that, it's a great car (getting the mirror somewhere else). probably another dealer.
  • picked up a lx se w/manual trans tonight.
    had 5mi on the odo, but already had the mystery 'paint and cloth protection', wheel/mud guards, fenderwell trim, wheel locks, and tint (dealer wanted well over $1k for all of his dealer options).

got the car for $19,409 with on OTD price of $20,850
  • sharathsimha - that's a great quote on a 2006 EX-V6, $23,500!. Edmunds shows a list price of $25,118. That's a quote of $1,618 below invoice. Do you have any advice on how to get such a good quote? I'm looking for the same car & plan to send out either emails or faxes to dealers soon. thanks
  • live in Illinois and am considering the 2006 Accord EX v6 (leather?) or the LX v6. No other options except maybe a sunroof....

My question is 2 fold.

1. What is the target price I should be looking for for these 2 models? Also, what should the fees be roughly buying versus leasing? THank you.

2. If I were to lease, what should I look for as far as:
    MSRP + Dest -
    Selling Price -
    Residual Value -
    Money Factor -
    Target Lease Payment for 48 mos/12k -

Any other information I should be concerned about?

Thank you.

Kevin
  • tarptarp Posts: 3
    Just got an internet quote from a dealership for an 06 Accord 4 cyl NAV for 25,500. Is this a good price?
  • haefrhaefr Posts: 600
    "...am considering the 2006 Accord EX v6 (leather?) or the LX v6. No other options except maybe a sunroof...."

Leather and sunroof are standard on the EX V6.
  • jdangjdang Posts: 6
    Hi everyone,

I am in Houston-TX and ready to buy a new 06 Accord SE/AT. I want to know the best deal in town. Please share your info if you can.

Thanks in advance

John
  • Hey shahrathsimha!
    I am lookign exactly for the same car but not getting the quote u got. i got a deal for LX V6 06 Accord as 23,300. Please let me kno where u got this deal from?
  • Hey !

The least quote so far i got for a Accord LX V6 is 23100 inlcuding destination charge (without TTL ). What is the least quote u ppl have got for an Accord EX V6 or LX V6 and from where? I am in Dallas/ ft worth area...pls help if u can. ASAP( i m looking to buy in the commign week) :cry: