Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Can anyone comment on the price quote of 21,995 + Tax/TTL for an Accord EX-L (4cy, Sedan). Just got a quote from a Seattle area dealer and was told that the incentives they have running on Accords don't apply to the EX-L 4cy. Many of the other Accords have the 1K-2K dealer incentive but we want to get the EX-L and want better gas mileage.

Has anyone bought lately in Washington or the Seattle area??

Comments?? Feel free to email me.

ps. These prices I see in CA and the East Coast are just not available up here in the Northwest....from what I've see.
  • I just purchased my 2008 Honda Accord EXL V6 with Navi. The purchase price for the car was 28870 + 5% state sales tax ($1443.50) + doc and registration ($252.50) = $30566 out the door price. My friend manages a large Honda store out of state and told me this would be impossible so near launch of the car, but I have the car and the bill of sale to prove it!

I shopped for months before the car was launched and did the e-mail thing with the local dealers. By the way, I only did the e-mail with the dealers that would put quotes in writing. (Beware of dealers that only use the internet to get you into the showroom.)

When the car hit the dealers, no one would sell for less than MSRP. I started to realize from reading these forums that local markets have a strong bearing on price. So I looked for an out of market dealer, and I ended up finding a dealer (1 1/2 hour drive from our home -- each way), who had one EXL V6 Navi and he really wanted to sell the car. We agreed on the price, we got in our Pilot and I showed up and several hours later was driving home with our new car.

I have driven many cars, and I have to say this could be the perfect car for the money. Wow, Honda! I just wish Honda put as much into making sure the local dealers were honest. After talking to all of them, I was convinced I would never be able to trust their numbers, or buy a car and feel good about it, or not have to fight with the business manager.

With this out of market dealer, I got a very fair deal, took a car he'd have difficulty selling, and realized that there are honest and fair people in the car business. Try going out of your local market and you may just have the good luck we did.
  • I was quoted $27495 for an 08 Accord Sedan EXL V6 w/ Navi. This is below the invoice for the car with destination.

I asked myself, how are they selling a car with an almost $31K MSRP for under the invoice at this time, so close to launch? It was just too good to be true. I ended up going to another dealer and paying $28870, plus tax and fees, for an out the door price of $30,566.

I've never believed these lowball prices, they will hit you up with all kinds of random fees when you go to buy the car, or get you with a high interest rate if you finance with them. Even if you get it in writing, it is unlikely that the business manager will honor your deal.
  • This was a good price if no trade was involved.
  • No trade, no money down. In fact, before we signed the contract, the business manager spoke with us about loans.

We filled out the American Honda credit application (I would not fill out a general credit application so they could sell some other loan where they'd make more money), and after 5 minutes he came back with a 5.99 percent rate for 60 months.

We took this loan to buy the car, but this was after the price on the car was agreed to.
  • Gotmycar,
    What state/dealer did you buy from? This sounds like a great deal all around - '08 price and APR.
  • Basicaly, it's $1,000 below Edmunds Invoice:

21,391 Price
    595 Destination Chg
    660 Tax -- 3%
    55 Tag Xfer
    399 Doc Fee

It's the Moroccan Red Pearl color and came with splash guards and wheel locks. We took delivery Thursday Sept 20th from Hendrick Honda in Charlotte, NC.
  • I meant to include that we also get the first 2 oil changes free and free Nitro fill as well.
  • Mass. I told the dealer I was going to post the deal on this site, and he asked that I not identify the store by name. The price was an "e-price". He told me it would have been different had I walked in the showroom. He said that he had more flexibility with e-customers. The clear message in the conversation was that e-customers are more educated and are ready to buy.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    It looks like good deal other than $400 doc fee which makes the real savings that much lower.
  • tallman1tallman1 Posts: 1,874
    My brother has an 06 EXL MT Navi

I have the exact car as your brother. I'm sure you will love the 08... looking forward to hearing all about it. :)
  • Since the deal is all about the bottom line OTD price, it doesn't really matter if the dealer list the entire purchase as a Doc Fee now does it? Real savings: a cool $1,000 below invoice (even with the doc fee included). Anyway the deal is cut or looked at here, it's sweet.
  • $3,000.00 off MSRP 10 days after it hit the showroom. An '08 V6 EX-L for that price is a steal! My hats off to you. That is one great deal!
  • I am one happy camper today! I just picked up my 07 Accord EX-L V-6 in the color I wanted for $3300 below invoice! It took lots of negotiations but I wanted to let others know what I got, so that it might help you. Also included were pin stripes, front and rear mud guards, wheel locks, Door guards, Wheel well guards and a trunk tray! I'm very happy and more so because the dealer had everything ready for me and I was in and out in one hour 20 minutes!
  • good...what's the invoice price for this car? can you tell me how much you paid including destination?
  • srizvi1srizvi1 Posts: 233
    I'm mainly looking for an '07 civic coupe auto w/ nav, but will consider an '07 accord w/ nav if I can get the right price. Here are two internet quotes i've gotten around the dc/baltimore area:

Dealer #1:
    2007 Honda Accord, Silver Sedan Automatic w/ Nav.  The price is $22,995 + $595 Freight + $100 processing fee + tax + tags $195 = $25,069 OTD

Dealer #2:
    2007 cool blue 2007 exl-nav coupe automatic
    22,594 plus tax, tags, freight $635, process fee $100, and dealer installed options if any.

My lowball offer for these cars would be $23,0xx and I forget what my target price is (there's a formula I followed on slickdeals.net for it).

If I can get the Accord for or around my lowball price, then I'll get it. Otherwise, I have a 2007 Honda Civic auto coupe w/ nav I can go for at the most (i say at the most because I haven't started negotiating this price yet) $19,390 + tax and tags.

so let' see what happens
  • could you let me know what is the final price, including destination? is it EXL V6 with navigation or without navigation? Thanks. :)
  • Does anyone have the Invoice Pricing on the 08 Accords?

Usually Invoice is 10% off MSRP.
  • Today I took the delivery of 2007 Honda Accord VP with AT (No other options or additions) 16500 + Tax + Fees = 18100 (OTD). The dealer told it was the last one on with him. BTW, this dealer was in So Cal (Honda of Santa Ana)
  • Anyone have any advice and or suggestions regarding my post #17363? Some help as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated. I keep receiving quotes a little over $23,000 So I'm not sure how some are getting this car for much less. Should I make an offer and if so how much should I offer?
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Carquote1,

You don't say what area of the country you are in. For all but the two very competitive CA and DC areas (which might go sporadically lower), if you can get the car for 2K under invoice, you should jump on it. 2007 inventories and selections are dwindling fast, and they are great values if you can pick one up.

If you want to try for lower and you are indifferent about whether you actually get a 2007 or not, then YOU propose a take it or leave it offer. Write them an OTD offer and hand it to them, if they don't accept you walk. Go to another dealer and try same price or higher, repeat process. At some point you run out of dealerships or have bought a car.
  • I need a deal like this, wonder why they would sell for this price even over the net as it looks to be under invoice, my local dealer said no way would they even consider this price as they would lose money along with some dealers I contacted in Georgia..personally I would like to see them lose money on my deal, they can make it up on someone else..LOL.. I have a friend who transports cars from the North East to Florida ( I actually have a car coming from Mass right now-antique) and if I knew who the dealer was I would contact him by email so I could get this deal also..
  • Thanks kiawah!

I am in Houston Texas. So $2,000 under invoice would give me a target price of $22,800. I should not try to cut into the hold back at all?
  • Bought 2007 EXL-V6 yesterday for $22,467 (including destination charges); paid $199 for doc and $254 for title plus nj sales tax. I thought I got a good deal.
    Try it, the worst they can say is no thanks and kick you out. They have autos to sell, and you are one of some number of buyers. If you have your heart set on a particular car, or a particular dealership, then I wouldn't be fooling around too much or wasting too much of your own time.

If getting that extra 100 bucks is so important to you, and you have nothing better to do with your time, and you are indifferent as to whether you get a 2007 with the features you want and the color you want, and don't mind driving an hour away to try to save a 100 bucks, then go for it. You may find a particular dealer and a particular salesman who just needs one more car to get some bonus. On the other hand, you may not and have to leave to go elsewhere.

Nobody understands your situation better than you, but there comes a point in time where it's not worth it for you to try to save an extra buck. Likewise there comes a point in time for the dealership that they'll deem your deal not worth it and they'll just sell it to the next person in the door...whether they come in tomorrow or next week/month.

The best time to have bought a 2007 was about at least a month ago when the deals were as good as now, and supply was high. You're on the otherside of the hump now, and you should be seeing less inventory choices available.

You can worry yourself to death forever, wondering if you could have gotten an extra 50 off. You won't find a great value deal like 2007 accords for another 5 years.
  • adam27: Did you get it for $22,467 including the $199 doc fee and $253 title or were these charges in addition to the $22.467? Congrats on the new car.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    Everything you said could also be flipped around on the dealer as to whether it is "worth their time" to start over spending more hours of multiple employees time to find and deal with a new, serious and financially qualified customer when they're are only $50 to $100 away from making a deal on a $24,000 car and have a qualified buyer who is ready to buy right now sitting in front of them.
  • I need a deal like this, wonder why they would sell for this price even over the net as it looks to be under invoice,

I don't see that the price that was quoted in post# 17368 was under invoice. $28,870

My estimate for invoice is 90% of MSRP.

$30,260 @ 90% = $27,234 plus $635 destination= $27,869.

So I think the dealer sold it for $1,000 over invoice.
    I agree. Thats why I say to try it.... make a written OTD offer to the dealer. Worst they can say is no, and if they do, you move on. He offers a quick deal, no haggling. If it fits within their deal making profile and the wind is blowing in the right direction, they may take it. Or when he walks, they might call back the next day. Put it in writing, leave name and phone number.
  • I was referring to the qouted price of $25,415 for an 2008 Accord EXL-6.. I usually figure destination into dealer's invoice so when someone says under invoice it includes destination since it is on window sticker.. maybe I missed something, if not this price is very good, I will be happy to give any dealer $25,415 for 08 EXL-6 plus Florida sales tax and tag transfer, heck I'll even give them a dealer fee of $500 on top of price as long as it happens today or tomorrow. I like a total price from dealer including rip off fees if any, but not including actual tax I must pay to state and tag cost determined by Florida, that way I can shop the price anywhere in the country knowing I will have to add only state tax and tag fees when I register it..