Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Can you tell me the name of the salesman at Boch? Iwould really appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    John
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    "I paid $20,680 for 2008 honda accord sedan LXP auto 4 cyl including destination charge."

$20,680 OTD is a good price for this car always see if they will go BELOW invoice.
  • I don't know the invoice price. I know that I bought a 2008 EX-L for $24,000 plus tax and tags at Sussman Honda.
  • jet10000jet10000 Posts: 656
    I already bought and picked up this vehicle and the dealer did not have a problem to give this price to me. I don't understand why you and jb_turner have a problem with this.

I was actually defending you. Jb was the one who was criticizing your deal by saying you did not go below invoice. My response to Jb was if he has a better deal than yours than he needs to post it. If he doesn't than he shouldn't be so critical.
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Posts: 216
    After 6 months of deliberation trying to decide what to do and checking the Accord forums daily, I am now the proud owner of my first Accord.

Purchased an '07 SE V6 @ Prestige Honda in Thomasville, GA for $20093. Settled on that price to get me OTD @22K even. According to various posts in this forum, some have gotten deals on this car for about $500 less. I'm still satisfied because I got the only car I wanted.

Problem is I waited too long. Checked numerous dealers within 200 mile radius of my north FL home and found just 2 of these vehicles left. Several posters have commented that there are still numerous '07's available, and while that's true if you research it out chances are you'll find most of them are EX's and EX-L's, in both 4 & 6 cyl. MSRP is 4K more for one of these for a leather interior, sun roof, heated seats and a few other little niceties, but the same engine, audio system, etc.

For me, an all-out-bargain-get-the-most-bang-for-the-buck kind of guy, I wasn't interested in the EX line.
    The LX's and SE's are better bargains (IMO) and I believe that is why they were the first to disappear.

I say all that for those who may be interested in a non-EX '07 model that if you really want one you'd better hurry.
    BTW, very good buying experience there in Thomasville. Everyone was pleasant and professional, would not hesitate to recommend this dealer.
  • I plan to buy one and find the following info from Costco website. Can any one share with me on buying this vehicle? Should I ignore the Destination of $635? Any cash incentive from Honda?

Invoice $25,415.97
    Destination $635.00
    Total $26,050.97

I plan to bid $24,800 to start, then finish at $25,215(before Title and Tax). Please kindly advise me if this is doeable. :confuse:
  • I would like to know the lowest price paid for a new 2008 Honda Accord LX-P sedan automatic. Thanks.
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    Are you talking about '08 Accord V6 EX-L ?
  • Yes, some one bought 2008 at invoice price(not sure if paid the destination).

I like this VCM technology on Accord plus 268 HP. In some case, it exceeds Accrua TL. ;)
  • agie1agie1 Posts: 23
    sorry, jet10000. I thought you talked about me, because you used "he" when you replied to his message.
    I am trying to help people in ny and nj to get a best price for 2008 accord. Everyone in ny or nj area can email me to get the salesman's info. Thanks.
    I plan to buy one /w Navi. There are lot of new and fancy technology in this '08 Accord V6 EX-L model. Honda dealers keep sending me emails asking for my purchase at "below MSRP". I love this car too. I am having 4 Accords V6 at home now.
  • Currently looking at purchasing a 2008 EX V6. Assuming I have to pay, Dest.-$635, Processing-$100,and Taxes and Tags, what is a fair price (for dealer and me) to offer over invoice? I know various dealerships may have different criteria, but is $500 over invoice (Nada Invoice) a fair offer for most dealers?
  • rog2867rog2867 Posts: 34
    I am going to be getting the new accord this is what I was quoted. 28039 for the EX-L V6 with navi. This car in my area (nj) is going to sticker. I am a returning customer so they knocked some off. Was also quoted a lease off that price with a .0029 money factor and a residual of 18845. According to edmunds calculators I should buy the car. What do you guys think?
    "I was quoted. 28039 for the EX-L V6 with navi"

This is a good OTD price.... any more think twice.
  • $28039 is the exact invoice price for a EXL w/navi. You can't get much lower than that! The dealer is probably counting on making money off of the lease.

see invoice link here:

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/NewCars/PricingReport.aspx?VehicleId=223871&PCFVehicles=&- ManufacturerId=18&VehicleClass=NewCar&ModelId=122&YearId=2008

-Nano
  • bechanbechan Posts: 4
    Anyone out there have any good luck with Detroit area Honda dealers? What are the going prices in this area? I'm going to be buying an EX-L V6 no nav. Checked at one dealer and they are offering $27,910 (includes only destination). Thanks.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    He did not say OTD.

Out the door prices are not useful quotes except people buying in that city at that exact dealer.
    People need to know the breakdown of where the price came from, not the price including their local taxes and license fees.
  • rog2867rog2867 Posts: 34
    Thanks for the link, since he quoted me that price, maybe Ill buy it now.
  • I live in rockland, please tell me where you got it for invoice price
    thanks
  • http://www.costcoauto.com/enterzipcode.aspx?gotourl=%2fDefault.aspx

enter your zip code and find the invoice price. I think your bid price start $300 below invoice and double check the cash incentive availability. If there is one split half with the dealer.

Do not pay more than $500 over invoice. :P
  • Can any one confirm that there is $1000 dealer incentive for every 08 Accord sold?

I like to confirm this as there is no sense for me to pay this outrageous destination $635.
  • nkvnkv Posts: 20
    I was in the market for a new car since summer. Initially wanted to buy a Camry but decided to wait until fall when '08 came out. Then I noticed the redesigned Honda Accords and since getting VSC was high on my priority list, I leaned towards Honda. By the way, Honda has done the right thing by including VSC as standard safety feature starting with '08 Accords.

After test driving both the 4 cyl and V-6, I liked the smoothness of the latter and made up my mind to get that at the right price. I wanted to get the vehicle at around invoice price. Since there was a very low supply of '08 Honda Accords, most dealers were quoting Sticker price.

I told my local dealer in Bradenton, Florida that I would pay invoice and would wait until that time. In the interim I also got a bunch of quotes from several dealers over the internet. Most came back around sticker or may be $500 less. I politely declined all offers. There was one quote from a auto mall in Coral Springs that came at invoice + $500 dealer fees.

I got in touch with my local dealer and showed them the offer I had. They initially refused to match it but after a lot of back and forth, finally agreed to match that price.

As we were discussing the price, the sales supervisor kept telling me what a waste of time it would be to go such a long distance to get the car. He said it would cost him money to get the car from out of town. I understood that to mean that he was going to get the car from Coral Spring as that was the only one car in the color I wanted in entire state of Florida. However, there was one more that got shipped this way from Honda this week. He conveniently omitted from our discussion that that was what he intended to swap for from a dealer just south of here.

I got mad at him today for not disclosing that to me. In the grand scheme of things it did not change anything except perhaps I could have bargained for a better price. Since I was upset, he threw in tinting glass service for free. I will be taking delivery on Sunday.

I paid $24153(including destination -- which is KBB invoice Price)+dealer service fee of $500 + TTL for total out the door price of $26500. From my experience, I can say that for those who are getting quotes of sticker or sticker+, do not give in to these prices. Get multiple quotes over the internet, and be patient if you can. As the supply situation improves, with proper planning and right information, you should get these highly sought after '08 model Accords close to invoice. Good luck.
  • Did u pay destination of $635?
    yes of course. I am under the impression that destination is a non negotiable item which every dealer pays. May be some one with more experience or knowledge of inner workings of car business would be kind enough to shed some light on this subject.
  • jet10000jet10000 Posts: 656
    I like to confirm this as there is no sense for me to pay this outrageous destination $635.

Well, the destination fee is charged by Honda to the dealer and they will pass it along to you. There's no mark-up. I don't know why you feel it's "outrageous". When you buy something online do you consider the shipping fee "outrageous".
  • I am looking for a new 2007 EX Accord V4 with sunroof around Chicagoland area. I have an offer for 20000.
    I think you are right. That is why KBB and Edmunds and other online price sites mention that in their price information.
    As far as I know, KKB invoice price for '08 V6 EX-L w/ Navi is $28,035 OR $26,035 w/o Navi. How did you come up with $26,500 OTD? Probably V6 EX-L is about $2K more expensive the V6 EX.
    Yes, It's true. I rechecked KKB. EX-L is $2K more expensive than EX. Specs are same. Dont know why?
    $26,500 is a good OTD price...