Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• growwisegrowwise Posts: 297
    Whats the reasoning for most people here for not taking Acura TSX over Honda Accord? I find TSX to be a good car.
  • Can you guys help me to figure out best rate(In chicago) of Honda Accord EX with or without leather. thankyou
  • apollo412apollo412 Posts: 5
    For the 4cyl EX cloth Auto........I bought one for 20,182 but i suspect you can get it even cheaper.

The 4cyl EX-L Auto a good price would be around 21000.......
  • hondahenryhondahenry Posts: 35
    I'm thinking about buying a 06' or 07' Accord LX V6. Just wandering which dealership is easier to do business with. Anybody had any experience here? Thanks.
  • jack47jack47 Posts: 312
    No need to worry about owners of dealerships.

Most are multi-millionaires. And most car salespeople, if they are any good at selling, are able to make a comfortable living.

There are many ways of skinning a cat.
  • louisnlouisn Posts: 110
    Isn't invoice including transportation on a V-6 Auto EX leather --- $25,200 minus the 750 incentive equals 24,650 minus the holdback is around 23,900. What am I missing here? I suggest trish is getting a fair deal! She is getting the whole incentive and part of the holdback. BTW your sister in law's deal appears to right at 1200 under invoice after destination and doc fee are added to the deal.Right?
  • nynewcar,thanks for your suggestion and to other readers
    Please read my post #1126 Honda Extended Warranties: Pricing and Info,any help suggestions? :confuse: so I have more options.... :sick: :cry:
  • bsccbscc Posts: 6
    I have a price quote of 21,000 for a 2006 accord LX V-6. It includes destination. Invoice is about 22,500. I sthis a good price or is it realistic to get a lower price.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
  • kcrossleykcrossley Posts: 172
    I'm assuming that the car has leather. If so, that's a great deal. I come up with $21,057 after you take out the $749 dealer holdback and $750 incentive. Not bad!
  • kevingeekevingee Posts: 10
    I got my new car from Peter's Honda of Nashua, NH:
    Black 2006 EX-L Automatic
    Car (+ wheel locks) - $22,206
    TTL - $197
    OTD Price $22,406

I first went into Stratham Honda around the 2nd of July to get a test drive. They didn't have any EX-Ls, so I drove a EX. I then tried to make a deal there. They offered a EX-L Auto for 22,300. I offered 21,800 and was told that wasn't possible. I then called several dealerships around and asked for their lowest price. The lowest was still 22,300.

I called Peter's and asked if they would match that price. I wanted to purchase from them since they are closest to me. They did match the price. I made an appointment to come in and finalize the deal. The salesman didn't show up. I left and was just a little upset. The next day I used CarsDirect and with my luck, they put me back in touch with Peter's. The lowest price was 22,266. I was put in contact with my original salesman and he said he could match that price of 22,206 (maybe he misheard me?). We did most of the deal over the phone. I got financed through a credit union for 5.34% 60 months. The dealer wanted $500 deposit, I told them that $200 was all I felt comfortable with.

Overall the salesman did a great job (besides the schedule mishap) and I couldn't be happier with my new car. I will definitely do my dealing over the phone in the future. It saved me a lot of time in the dealership.
    These numbers are WITHOUT tax, correct?
  • louisnlouisn Posts: 110
    I don't Blane's deal has the transportation and the document fee added in which makes the real price almost 21,750 not 21,057 which is still a good deal.
    Correct me if I'm wrong. Blane.
  • nynewcarnynewcar Posts: 89
    blane, can you tell us which dealership you got this from? Thanks.
  • kevingeekevingee Posts: 10
    Sorry,

Yes, they are without tax because in NH we don't have sales tax. :)
  • For the price 17K you mentioned, does it include destination and other fees? Thanks
  • cohenfivecohenfive Posts: 86
    in my continuing search for a used ex-l i keep getting updated new car pricing. looks like pricing is a snitch better than before--got a quote of $21,350 delivered (msrp $25,500), before taxes. just wanted to give you all a sense. i think there's a decent amount of inventory still around even though the car is good value at these heavily discounted prices. i'm still seeing mostly overpriced used cars however..
  • blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    Both are great cars. But, the Accord is roomier and doesn't require premium fuel.
  • blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    Yes, in EX-L the L = leather.
    According to Consumer Reports I should start dealing at these prices:

With navigation: $29,241
    Without navigation: $27,504

Knowing that the dealer has a $750 incentive, what is a reasonable offer for both models?