Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    kcrossley,

You asked "how much do you feel the dealer deserves?" I believe that the dealer deserves the minimum amount at which they believe they are comfortable selling their product. I would never consider going below that point. However, each dealer has their own comfort level.

I'll spend my money at the dealer that meets both their and my comfort level.
    bscc,

You should be able to do much better. Read all of the valuable purchasing information available on the Edmunds website and on this forum.
    nynewcar,

It was Route 23 Honda, Pompton Plains, NJ. Work only with either of the two Internet Sales guys. Send them an email first.
    louisn,

You are correct.
  • car_crazy1car_crazy1 Posts: 43
    Can you please advise the name of the credit union that offered 5.34% interest rate ?
  • nynewcarnynewcar Posts: 89
    Thanks, and thanks for the good tip about working by email first.
  • richards38richards38 Posts: 606
    Growwise: Certainly, if you can wait for the all-new 2008 Accord, there will surely be reasons to like it better than the current Accord.

Personally, I like to buy a car after it's been for sale for at least a year to get the bugs out. Yes, Hondas are likely to be less buggy than most other brands, but the '09 is likely to be less annoying than the all-new '08.

The current '06 Accord is getting old, but it's a GREAT car that's fully perfected by now, too.

Yes, Redondo Red is nice with its gray interior, but the silver w/black leather was my choice for my '04 EX-L.

Silver is common, but I don't have a place to wash my car and want something that won't show the dust/dirt. Silver looks fresh for a long time between washes. And the black interior is more appealing than light tan which is on most of the other colors. There was a red car available when I bought mine, but it's a dark red that shows dirt too much for me :P :)
  • trishlynntrishlynn Posts: 6
    Does anyone know exactly when the '07s are coming out? I am drive a 1992 mazda 929 :sick: which i am hoping will make it to the dealership. See my message #12173. Do you think I will be able to still get the same price of $12,084 plus mandatory tax and tag $75 on the 2007?
    Thanks.
    Sorry, typo, I meant $24,084. :blush:
    Is the for the 4 cylinder or 6?
    I got my price through carsdirect.com also. Best way to go.
    Thanks
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    I don't see why you couldn't get that price, or maybe even a little lower as the 07s come soon.
  • kevingeekevingee Posts: 10
    The credit union is Service Credit Union http://www.servicecu.org

You can get a lower rate (depending on credit rating) if you have direct deposit.
    This was for the 4 cylinder sedan model.
  • kcrossleykcrossley Posts: 172
    $22,206. I'm assuming that this is without navigation, correct?
  • jackel142jackel142 Posts: 47
    Can someone give me an idea of what an 06 Accord EX 4 door, V6 with cloth, automatic, and no nav should lease for?
    36-48 month, 15k per year, $0 down.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Can someone give me an idea of what an 06 Accord EX 4 door, V6 with cloth, automatic, and no nav should lease for?
    The EX-V6 comes standard with leather upholstry. To get cloth and a V6, you'll need to get an LX-V6. Getting this model gives up the automatic climate control, premium interior trim, heated seats, "homelink" remote transmitter, and XM radio. This car (LXV6) should be a fair bit cheaper than the EXV6 though.
  • bugs22bugs22 Posts: 10
    Made an initial offer via email on an Accord EX-L, 4 Dr, Automatic for $21,500 (Washington state). I arrived at this figure based on tips received on this forum and Edmunds pricing guidelines. I’m buying with cash & no trade-in. Sales guy says politely I’m not in the ballpark and through discussion he suggests we’re off by at least $2,000. I haven’t made a counter offer. Am willing to wait. Suggestions?
  • tanltanl Posts: 1
    I bought a silver 06 LX coupe in late May. It has two minor but annoying paint defects: The external gas inlet cover is covered about 80 percent with a "ghostly" blotch that's about 2 shades lighter than the rest of the car; there's a 4 by 5 inch blotch on the front right fender (just behind the headlamp) that's about three shades darker than the rest of the fender. Rather than bothering with the dealership, I had a local detailer try to buff out the blotch on the gas cover. It didn't work. I'll have to get the dealer to repair. Do those sound like simple manufacturing/paint process qulaity control issues? My guess is the blotch on the fender was caused by heat from the headlamp. Any suggestions?
    Right, that is without navigation.
  • car_crazy1car_crazy1 Posts: 43
    Dealer might have spray painted a scratch that might have occured in transport of the new vehicle in the truck...