Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Has anyone purchased a 2008 Accord sedan with "molding pkg" installed? I'm thinking of side door molding but I only see door edge/wheel edge molding on mine. Not sure if my dealer took a shortcut. The sticker price for the molding is higher than the price for mud flaps or window tinting. Hard to believe the price of door edge/wheel molding can be that much.
  • Where's your recommended place to buy Accord accessories? I'm looking for the best price of the wing spoiler for 08 Accord sedan.

For those who purchased them, is installation difficult or do you recommend dealer installation?
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    '08 Accord door molding (set of 4):

- Dealers: $209 + sale tax
    - One website: $99 + tax. I know at least one website who carries this.

- Install labor: $100 @ dealer. They said it's easy to install. But, molding alignment is not easy. I love to buy & install 1 set for my car but I am not sure when.

Please keep us informed. Thanks.
  • gjagja Posts: 25
    Where's your recommended place to buy Accord accessories? I'm looking for the best price of the wing spoiler for 08 Accord sedan.

For those who purchased them, is installation difficult or do you recommend dealer installation?

Check out the

accessories thread
  • gjagja Posts: 25
    Used this forum a couple of years ago and got a great price on my current vehicle. I'm now looking to Purchase (2) 2008 Accord sedans ASAP! Can anyone recommend a dealer in the NY Tri-state area that is willing to negotiate from INVOICE???

For the past few weeks, in the Sunday Newsday "Wheels" section, several dealers are advertising 08 Accords at invoice prices.
  • Well, I just bought an Accord EX-L 4 cyclinder today for my wife. Has everything but the navigation. Took some wheeling and deeling but got it out the door and on the road for 26,100. I did a lot of dealing on the telephone and called dealers in 3 states. They wanted to deal face to face but I played the game on my terms. If they didn't want to give me a price then I would deal with one that would. I ended up with two local dealers. One gave me 26250 and didnt want to come down. I called the other and told him if he gave me 26000 then the deal was his. I ended up giving in a 100 dollars and closed the deal. Then the fun part...I called the other dealer back to tell him he lost out by stringing me along. I think I could have even got a little lower but I think I did pretty good and was tired of the whole thing.
  • My best quote in NJ is 21500 OTD.

This includes:
    All taxes & fees (Sales tax NJ 7%, Doc fees, Dest charge , DMV new tag)
    Remote Start

Is this a good deal ?
  • Is that for an automatic trans? LX or LX-P? Have you actually purchased the vehicle yet?
  • The dealer was Curry Honda in Chamblee, GA just outside Atlanta. He had 138 Accords on the back lot, all line up by color and model. Pretty impressive.

The price was actually lowered by $199 to include the etched VIN in the glass.

There are about 12 Honda dealers in the Atlanta area. I was in contact with five of them over the last three months. These guys just made the buying process quick and simple.
  • Its for Auto and Lx

I have written quote and putting down deposit this evening.
  • Good luck with your purchase. Hopefully they won't hit u with any funny last minute charges! :surprise:
  • Why do you think ?

I also have another quote for 21250 but the dealer doesn't have the color I want in stock ......
  • No particular reason other than that seems to be a characteristic of many auto dealers (not honda specific).

Did u consider buying an LX-P model?
  • Could you please copy and paste your quotes and which dealers are you getting those quotes from, thanks.
    So far your quotes look very good (depending on the breakdown too).
    Also, you said that the prices incl. remote starter?
    Also try Joyce Honda and see what they say. thanks
  • gotqgotq Posts: 8
    Hi Holew, I'm going to get the EX instead of EXL V6, but I really like to have the back spoiler (not wing spoiler) on the V6 models. One dealer told me the price of it is $499. One of my friend told me I don't need to add it from the dealer. Is that true? What do you think?
  • japsjaps Posts: 29
    I just purchased a lx-s coupe. Want the floor mats, but not at the 139.00 asked by honda. Anyone seen these cheaper?...I think the price is absurd.
  • Try www.hondacuraworld.com.
  • I just paid a deposit for this.

Final OTD 21500 with new nj tags.
    Comes with remote start and 3 yr/36k miles oil change.

breakdown: 19046(price)+635(dest)+1377(tax)+7(tiretax)+199(doc fee)

This is at dch honda. A few dealers were even ready to beat this price. But I stuck to dch and it has been painless so far.
  • You got excellent deal. I am looking for same car in St. Louis,MO with 20200(price)+dest+tax+doc fee, but still I am not getting it.

How did you get that deal? Are there any X'mas discount going on ?
  • I paid 24213 for a EX - L I traded in 2007 Camry SE 4 cyl with 41k on it
    I was allowed 14650 (Wholesale) for the Camry . There was $ 650 difference in the two dealers here in Syracuse NY
  • That is the best deal so far for an LX in NJ, because it is not only below invoice, but adds the remote starter, which is perfect for any car in NJ. But for clarification purposes, which DCH in which city, since i typed it on Yahoo and it returned with so many hits, that it could be any Honda Dealer; although i will assume is Paramus Honda.
    Did you get any special finacing? Thanks
  • After 3 months of research on new cars and 1 month of car shopping and negotiating with 15-20 dealers, I zeroed in on the new Accord EXL-V6 (polished metal with black interior) no navi. My fav choice of colors! I was able to seal the deal in the boston area for 25,000/- MSRP.

Kbb's invoice 26,000~~
    Edmunds invoice 25400~~

the total with TTL came to $26790.25. I will have to collect my car today after my insurance with Liberty Mutual is processed! Good luck in Shopping!
  • You got excellent deal. I am looking for same car in St. Louis,MO with 20200(price)+dest+tax+doc fee, but still I am not getting it.

How did you get that deal? Are there any X'mas discount going on ?

I got the LX-P for 20,500 in Southern California. Maybe they have more LX-Ps, you should also try for that. They had alot of LX-Ps at my dealer but no LXs when I bought mine.
  • What state are you located in? I am curious, since I am looking for the same type of deal in Atlanta.

Thanks
  • Congratulations. Can u provide us the breakdown: (price)+(dest)+(tax)+(doc fees)+(anything else). Thanks!
  • nringnring Yardley, PAPosts: 97
    is it typical for dealers to inflate the MSRP price when it comes down to leasing after you negotiate a final sales price. i noticed this happening a lot when i shift from puchase to wanting to lease.....MSRP should be what is on the car sticker and website of the manufacturer no? i am leasing a EX- L v-6 with navi and no accesories and the honda site says 30,260 MSRP and dealer is telling me 30, 895 with sale price of 27853, 61% residual and MF= .0027 for 425/mo NOT including tax which in pa is 9% so total payment is 463.27 wiith 586.77 due at signing for a 36 mo lease with 12K miles...is this a good deal??

Thanks,

Noah AskNoah@icloud.com

• The Honda Accord LX-P you bought for $20,500, did the price include tax, license and fees and was it a automatic? I live in Northern CA and the lowest quote I have got for a 2008 Honda Accord LX-P automatic with tax, license and fees it $22,800. If I can get one for around $21,000 with all the fees, I'd buy it.
  • Hello All

I am Chaitanya Salaka from Houston, TX. I am planning to buy the new Accord 2008 and the dealer here quoted a price of $28,495.00 and a drive out price of $30,522.95. Please do advice if this is a good deal as i am new at this. I really appreciate your help.

Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year
  • Congratulations. Can u provide us the breakdown: (price)+(dest)+(tax)+(doc fees)+(anything else). Thanks!

Automatic, no loan,no trade in no extras. The price was 20,511 & included destination charges and ended up being about $200 under invoice. Tax( 8.25% ) and DMV, fees, etc add about 10% and came to $22,500. They also gave me a tank of gas and wheel locks for free.
  • The Honda Accord LX-P you bought for $20,500, did the price include tax, license and fees and was it a automatic? I live in Northern CA and the lowest quote I have got for a 2008 Honda Accord LX-P automatic with tax, license and fees it $22,800. If I can get one for around $21,000 with all the fees, I'd buy it.

An Automatic, all together with taxes and DMV fees the total was 22,500 OTD