Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Greenie: Although, the price is outstanding (OPEN ROAD), for a model for 2007. However, try looking around at more dealers, and see if you get can get a better price for the car itself excluding other addable charges. Hint: Route 22 Honda, Hillside is offering the price for or about @21500 around there lumpsum. Additionally, if your credit is good, Honda dealers will get you the lowest APR financing rate available. Plus, No need to pay the tire fee, documentation fee, dealter fee, they're all full of crappy fees, and have nothing to do with you. If I were you, I would Add the "CAR" fee, try to negotiate the DESTINANTION FEE, and the tax= Financing amount. Good Luck!
  • chuck1chuck1 Posts: 1,405
    I paid $21,200.00 plus fees in Southern California. It had everything except NAV. Contrary to popular opinion here, the dealers will not go to $20,000.00 on these. I was told after much haggling that 21,200.00 was it...no more and I even left the dealership and they let me walk away with this price. I bought it later. As it was it was something like $4,500.00 off sticker. A couple of thousand below invoice.

It's still only $1,000.00 more than a '08 BASE ACCORD LX.

Good luck!!
    Addition to the above...it was a 4cylinder-EX-L
  • Chuck1: If you're stating that you paid that much money for a 2007 -4cyl EX-L, then I am so sorry to say, that you still got ripped off!!
    Ramstein - you have made your thoughts known. However, you haven't proved that I got ripped. Show me some numbers under the rules of use here on Edmunds and prove it.
  • rdindcrdindc Posts: 4
    Chuck-

I don't know if you got Ripped off but I was quoted a price of 24,000 out the door for an 2008 Accord EX-L w/o Navi.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    $21,200 is a good OTD price... some else did $21,500 OTD and I thought that was good for a 2007 EX L V6.
  • duke15duke15 Posts: 161
    sunnfun, my email address is rankind15@yahoo.com - thanks
  • sunnfunsunnfun Posts: 168
    Just sent it over. Good luck!
  • nick49nick49 Posts: 1
    Hi
    I am new to this site and i really dont know how it works. I am looking into buying a 2008 Accord Ex coupe and i wanted to know what prices other people have paid. So far I am getting a deal for $22,347 plus taxes and fees...is that a good price? have people paid less? more?
    HELP!

Thanks,
    Nick.
  • I need to bring you up-to-date. I took ramstein317 advice and contacted Route 22 Honda. Internet Manager quoted me 21819 for 2007 Accord EXL – V6. Best price so far. I then asked for fees. I got email back saying “doc, mv ,dest and taxes”. I responded with, “What would be helpful are actual dollar amounts”. I got back, “doc-299,dest-595,mv-254 and taxes 7%”.

So I went last night. I immediately showed them email from Internet Manager. Was passed along to a sales associate. The first “new” car he showed me had 770 miles on it. I told him this is a used car not new. He found another one with only 33 miles. After test drive I said okay let’s write it up.

Sales manager came out and I again showed him numbers for Internet Manager. He said okay but wanted me to take delivery immediately. I said no, I’ll give deposit and pick up Saturday. He finally agreed. He and sales associate go off to talk and sales associate comes back with credit agreement. I told him again, I’m not doing any finance.

He goes off to talk to sales manager. I should have walked at this point. Sales associate comes back with agreement and asked me to sign. I told him I need to read it first. The first item below vehicle price is something called Millennium package - $599. I asked what that was and sales associate said it was paint and leather sealer. I said I don’t want it and he immediately offered to lower the package to $199. I said no. He goes off to talk to sales manager. I should have walked.

Sales manager tries to explain that package also includes window etching and will save me money on insurance. I said this is a deal breaker. He finally agrees to take it off.

Sales associate presents new agreement. I offer down payment. Sales associate goes off to get it signed. Now a floor manager comes over with more paper and tries to show me he is losing money on deal and that I need to take Millennium package for $199. He says all cars that come in get the package and it includes wheel locks already on car. I show him email from internet manager with no mention of Millennium package. Floor manager says he (internet manager) may not know that this car had the package. I responded, if all cars get it, then he must know. By the way, there were no wheel locks on any showroom floor car.

I asked for and received down payment check back. As I’m walking out the door, sales manager and floor manager are now following me, telling me they will take the package off. I told them it was to late. I should feel good about buying a new car and it was not happening. I just wanted to go home and take a shower.

Lesson learned. When the deal starts to smell, run.
  • eights38eights38 Posts: 137
    greenie1 - What a horrible experience! I would recommend Mahwah Honda. It is a great dealer and I have helped several friends purchase new Accords from them in the past. If you want the name and number of the sales person, please email me.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Wow, Yes, what I bad deal! Its really sad as well.

This is what I am not looking forward to, when buying the 08. I have only found one dealer who is willing to work, but I have not even went in the door. I am not sure I want to buy yet. Winter is ugly, so I want warm weather, to enjoy my new car, but dealers get a little mad, when I simply get a quote to check the market. There is nothing wrong with that, I am sure if they offered some crazy deal, then it might make me decide to get one now. But, good things typically happen to those who wait.

That is sad, to let you out the door for something like that. $199. Wow. Idiots, they ought be ashamed, Well you know what, What goes around comes around!!

When they buy their new car, I hope they are horrible to them!!
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    Clue #1: Any dealer that gives an online, e-mail, or phone quote and does not include or "forgets" to include the destination should not be trusted. This is just a ploy to make their deal APPEAR to be $595 (in this case) sweeter and make you think it was "the best so far" since the competition is probably quoting the car with destination included.

If some dealer did this to me, I would not bother to step foot onto their lot.

They also stuck a fairly high doc fee on top of the price.

Always get your quotes to include the car, destination, and any dealer fees. Then you can compare and decide who has the cheapest price. Tax, title, and license should be the same everywhere and if the dealer you pick has extra crap-o-la packed on the car then you tell them your are not paying for it and if they don't take it off the bill just leave.

Dennis
  • Greenie: Well, things happen. The best way to overcome is "Let Go". And yes, I do agree that it was the ridiculous thing ever that the manager let you walked away for only $199 price tag. It's just a shame. On the conterary, something good will come your way, don't be dissapointed. If you look at it from a consumer's prespective, it's not YOUR loss, it' the DEALER's. In addition, the dealer will still be paying "Insurance", on the 07's, and not try to get rid of them as a monthly wise. The insurance is more then $199 price tag. You get my point. If you still want the 2007, try looking around more further. Likewise, there is not a point of paying any stupid fees as dealer fees, documents fee, marketing etc.. Because 200% you can get away with those fake fees. It's the dealers contribution on the car, not yours. You're not telling them to do everything on the documents to send to the financing company, or anything other "LEGAL" documents. That is how they work, and on a personal note, nobody needs to pay for these ridiculous fees. Furthermore, I would always try to get rid of the destinantion fees, because, I personally believe that it has nothing to do with a "consumer". Don't get me wrong, but, the destination fee is just one of the gains for the dealers. But if you are considering for the "new" one, then wait about a year or so, being that the Interest Rates will be easy to bargain, and so will be the price. Best of Luck!!
  • Chuck1: This is what you stated in your first post, if I am not mistaken: I paid $21,200.00 plus fees in Southern California. It had everything except NAV. Contrary to popular opinion here, the dealers will not go to $20,000.00 on these. I was told after much haggling that 21,200.00 was it...no more and I even left the dealership and they let me walk away with this price. I bought it later. As it was it was something like $4,500.00 off sticker. A couple of thousand below invoice.

It's still only $1,000.00 more than a '08 BASE ACCORD LX.

***If that is correct, then what I wrote was, if that is the price you paid for a 2007 Accord 4Cyl EX-L(Leather), then it is still the price for a V6 EXL model +Tax. How could you pay the same price, where I can get the V6EXL trim level, and just pay the tax, and get the car on myself? That is what my point was. *****
  • lambulambu Posts: 16
    Just closed the deal for $23.8k OTD in Tampa Bay Area.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Does anyone know if I can do any better than $26,000 for an EX-L Sedan 4cyl, Navi?

I offered it, and they were quick to say, yes, we'll do it. Maybe I can do lower?
    But, how much lower, was it just luck?
    Then your a better negotiator than me. Like I said - they let me walk off the lot at $21,200.00.
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    Destination fee is no gain for the dealer. It is a charge that is added to the invoice by the factory and passed on to the customer, Everyone pays it. If they let you think that you did not pay for it, could be that they overcharged you to begin with. One way or another you have to pay for shipping.
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    Based on what I paid for my V6 EXL Navi, you could do a little better. But if it is the exact car you want and they won't budge on the price I would go for it. You would start enjoying your new car a lot sooner and not worth it to wait longer for a couple of hundred $$ of savings. I assume the price quoted includes destination and other fees except TTL.
  • I don't mean to bite the "hand that feeds" (i.e. Edmunds.com), but after reading a lot of this discussion it's apparent that deals can be had that are far superior to Edmunds' "True Market Value" price. For instance, for the 08 Accord Sedan EV-L without NAV, the TMV is $25167 which includes destination. By what I'm reading here, I should be able to negotiate a deal around $3-4K less than that! What, then, is the purpose of the TMV? Is it truly a good negotiating tool, is it what one should expect in terms of getting a fair price in the current market, or should one expect just to negotiate using the invoice as the base?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,048
    TMV is what buyers are actually paying for cars.. Not just CarSpace members, but the entire buying population...

So, yes... you should certainly shoot for a better price.. You don't want just an average deal, do you? ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    Good question, I don't know how they pick that number for TMV. Based on user reports? Dealer reports?

I always use invoice as the basis for any car transaction, less any dealer incentives or rebates. While you might not be able to deal that low at EVERY dealership rest assured that if you are willing to make some calls/e-mails/faxes and do a little travelling to get a better deal you should be able to get around invoice.

Hennessy, for example, quoted me just under invoice for either the I4 sedan LX or LX-P. This is for the car, destination, and dealer fees. The actual amount in relation to invoice will depend on the trim line you choose and how well that sells or how many or few the dealership has on the lot when you ask.

Dennis
  • Where are you in TX? Could you tell me the dealer's name? I want to buy the same car, and I think the price is good. Thank you!
  • Does anyone have an opinion or other information about potential finance incentives from Honda Finance on the Accord? I understand that sales of the Accord are down and the interest rates keep going south in favor of the consumer. You would think that the company would throw us a bone very very soon. I'm holding out for anything under 5% 1.9% would be stellar! thoughts...
  • It is in Houston.

Honda Cars of Katy
  • I don't think you are going to see any incentives on the accord anytime soon. If you join the Pentagon Federal Credit Union for $20, they offer 4.99% for up to 60 months. I just used them to purchase my EX-L and it was very easy and good experience.

Keith
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    Macdad3996,

If one joins it today does Pentagon Fed Credit union offer car loan at 4.99% immediately? How long is the process to get loan approved? They also offer credit card balance transfer @ 5.99% for life of loan. Any transfer fee? Thanks.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    You can also check out all your local credit unions. One of my local credit unions offers 5.49%, so I'm not sure it's worth the hassle to open another bank account in another state just to save another half a percent on a car loan.