Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    They are not down by much.

It looks like the Feb offers are up on the Honda page and they show "Standard leases" and no cheap financing for Accords.

Dennis
  • chuck1chuck1 Posts: 1,405
    Acura hurting big time, as is the Ridgeline. Something tells me the Ridgeline will go the way of the dinosaur.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    It's shocking that the all-new redesigned Accord is selling lower numbers than the 2007 did last year.
    Normally sales jump when a new model is released because there is a pent up demand from people who delayed their purchase in anticipation of the new model plus people who get into the market after they see an exciting new model released.
    I was not following it closely, but Honda had tons of cheap lease deals and dealer money on the 07 Accord last year, didn't they? I think they wanted to be sure that they didn't get stuck with a lot of 07s on the lots when the new design arrived. Ditto for the dealers - and I was told that some dealers blew out the 07s at little profit since 07 sales set 08 allotments.

I tried to talk my wife into a Ridgeline rather than a Pilot (same running gear) but she would not go fit it :D . We could have gotten rid of the pick up truck if I could have talked her into it.

The Element is something else that looks like may not be around much longer. Those with dogs and/or "active life styles" may go for it, but the rubber floor and uncomfortable waterproof seating for 4 don't do it for the rest of the folks. The newer design all metal Element looks a lot better than the plastic clad normal model, but that is a top line trim and there are other, better choices for that money.

They brought back a check lease deal on the S2000 for Jan, but still did not sell many of them.

Dennis
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    This is comparing February 2007 to February 2008, so they were not afraid of getting stuck with the 2007s that early in the year.
    I think they were, everyone knew the new Accord was coming.

You would think that they would offer some better deals in any case, just because the Accord numbers are down as is all of Honda/Acura sales.

Dennis
  • I was at Streater-Smith Honda in Conroe this morning for the first oil change on my 08 Civic LX and they were offering the same discount on an Accord EX. Maybe Honda dealers are getting a little worried about the economy, but nevertheless February tends to be a slow month.
  • I'm pretty sure that they will, it's just a matter of time. I don't think they can ride out the recession without it. The automotive industry is taking it in the jaw right now and Honda sales are down, especially the Accord. It is no coincidence either because of the new model year and dealerships unwilling to flex on MSRP.
  • I have received an email quote of 24,327 + ttl for an 07 Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi. Is this a good price? If not, how should I counter their offer?
  • Mike Patton Honda in LaGrange Georgia prices all Hondas with the desination charge included in the price along with Splashguards and pin stripes when they can be added. Many of the prices on eBay are not the lowest price. If you see"Best Offer" activated, call for the real price. Honda will not allow prices to be advertised below invoice so that's why "Best Offer" is acivated on most listings.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,801
    carsandgars...

You know anything about old BMWs?

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    Just a sample -

Boch Honda this week has 3 different Accord Models lease offers:

All are 3 Year Lease, 12K mi/yr, $2000 down, lease end buy option at 58-59% res.

1. LX-Prem : MSRP $22,795 (AUTO, ALLOY, PWR SEAT) $188/month

2. EX : MSRP $24,495 (ABOVE +MONROOF, CD CHGR) $228/month

3. EXL : MSRP $26,495 (EX +CLIMATE CTRL, HTD LEATHER SEAT) $248/month

+ sales tx, title, registration fees

I think BOCH is the cheapest due lots dealers hate Boch.
  • A lot of times dealers will advertise $2,000 cash down on a lease but what they don't tell you is thay expect you to pay the normal upfront fees on top of that which on an Accord is $750 to $1,000 more out of pocket. Then you have to add taxes to your payment as well! Suddenly the out of pocket expense goes up along with the payment.
  • dl7265dl7265 Posts: 1,381
    Looks like about $1800 under invoive. Funny Dallas dealer do "adjust to market value" add $2k to MSRP then clear coating, side mouldings ect, ect .
  • dl7265dl7265 Posts: 1,381
    Most Police Departments offer free VIN etching, I would never pay a dealer several hundred dollars for this.
  • Thanks everybody for your info. Here's my purchase story:
    Purchase date: Jan. 31, 2008
    Purchase vehicle: New 2008 Honda Accord EX Sedan I4 AT
    (10 miles odometer)
    $22,174.23 Cost of Vehicle (including $635 destination charge)
    $1,840.47 Sales tax 8.3% (Washington State, Skagit County)
    $50.00 Document Fees
    $82.75 License, title & fees (WA State Initiative Vote decreased this charge)
    $2.50 Administration Fees
    +-----------------
    $24,150.00 Total Out-the-door (OTD) Price

$22,256 Invoice price (including destination charge)
    - for 2008 Honda Accord EX Sedan I4 AT
    $22,174 My price not including Tax, Fees & License
    -------------
    $82 Below Invoice + Destination

I started out reading carbuyingtips.com on the Web. They suggested fightingchance.com, who changed me from a know-nothing sucker into a savvy deal maker. Other dealers were shocked when I informed them of this low price. One dealer, though, offered me $200 dollars under this deal, but he was a few minutes too late. I purchased from Sims Honda which is only 24 miles from my home. "Try it. You'll like it!"
    You should include any dealer doc or prep fees in "your price" since the same car purchased from a dealer that had no such fees would not be a fair comparison. In your case, that looks like $50 or $52,50 in fees that the dealer charged that they did not "have" to :D .

In any case, under invoice = nice deal.

Dennis
  • Thanks for all of the advice here - it helped make this purchase run more smoothly than previous transactions.

Purchased 2008 Accord Ex-L 4 cyl w/ Navi on 2/3/8. $25,939 vehicle cost + $461 (tags/fees/processing) = $26,400

Did the deal via internet w/ Leesburg Honda. Went in that afternoon, they had four cars out (diff. color combos) for us to choose from, picked out ours and got home before the game started.

For us it was worth the drive (30 minutes) - smooth transaction, good selection, best offer. Maybe the dealer down the street would have matched, but they tried to jerk us around. Is a lower price possible? Yes, but we needed a car and given time constraints this saved me the cost of renting one. More importantly, we are fine with the price and are really enjoying the car.

Thanks again for all the advice.
  • to everyone that has bought or is thinking of buying the accord coupe-what colors did you pick?

my first choice is black, but i'm being told that none are available till the first week in april. i put a deposit down on a polished metal monday night, and the car came in yesterday. i'm in no real rush and can wait.if anyone out there has the polished metal, would you say that it has a green tinge to it in the daylight?

thanks
  • I have a 2008 polished metal sedan and I don't think it has a greenish tint. But when I was buying my car i think the mystic green metallic is very close in color to the polished metal. Of course I am color blind.
  • Does anyone know if Honda is offering the $2000 dealer incentive on the 07 Accord V6?
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    Two colors are different.
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    Edmunds has pulled out the 07 info but judging from some of the most recent posts on prices being paid for an 07 V6, I would say the dealer incentive is still on.
    Usually they do a final "buy down" discount at some point and tell the dealers "it is up to you to sell it". We may not know what that amount is, but it is likely at least as much as the last known incentive if not more.

Dennis
  • It looks to me like the Accords are moving slow enough that dealers are finally willing to get close to invoice on '08s, or maybe even below invoice.

I went into one of my local dealerships (in Houston) to test drive a V6 EX-L Nav Accord. I told the salesman that I was looking to buy something late Spring/early Summer and right now just wanted to test drive the various vehicles I was considering.

He asked me why I wanted to wait, and I told him that I wanted my cash flow situation to get better before buying, and also wanted to take my time to decide what I really wanted. I told him once I decided what I wanted I'd be ready to act quickly.

I expected him to pester me the whole test drive to buy now, but surprisingly, he was respectful and did not push. He asked about our other vehicle, and I told him we had bought an Odyssey EX-L Res/Nav a year or so ago. He asked where we bought it, and I told him one of the other dealerships in Houston. He then asked what I had paid, and I told him we paid a few hundred over invoice. At that moment, he told me that whenever I was ready to buy, he would sell me an Accord at $200 over invoice.

At the end of the drive, he reiterated that, and also told me that he could do better "if he had to."

That surprised me, especially since of the over 100 Accords on the lot, there was only 1 that was V6 and with Nav. This gives me a good starting point to call around to the internet departments of other dealers once I am ready. ;) I am optimistic I can get invoice or better, or maybe pay $200 over invoice but get them to throw in the rear backup camera. :)

I'm actually torn between the Accord or a TL base model, considering the great deals and high inventory on the TL's right now, so I still have some thinking to do, but I thought it might be helpful to readers of this forum to hear about my experience.
  • If you hve a trade in they will make up for that $200 over invoice on your trade... Do not go by so much under or over invoice... just look at the TOTAL OUT THE DOOR price.
  • You are absolutely right! I won't have a trade in, and of course out the door price is the basis I will use when I actually am ready to purchase and get offers from multiple dealers.

It is possible that he made that offer knowing that they plan on adding 100's of $$ of fees on to the bottom line, and I will certainly check that when I am ready to move forward, but given what I know now, I can use the fact tjat I already have a "$200 over invoice" offer from a competitor when talking with other dealers.

My reason for posting was because I was surprised he started out that low -- it was not long ago that I have read that many dealers weren't budging from a few $100's below MSRP, much less coming down near invoice or below.
  • I am in Houston, too. The price is not that impressive because I got a price with EX-L V6 no nav at $100 under invoice plus ttl, total at around $26,000 drive out. I walked away because the price is too high comparing to 07' model, almost $3,000 defference for the same trim. I am going to buy an 07' accord Ex-l, even if I may get the same price when I had bought it last year. Any comments?
  • EX-L V6 no NAV can be had several hundred below invoice however with NAV it gets tricky.
  • I am going to buy that car tomorrow.. what do you think about the quote I've got?