Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lpcoupelpcoupe Posts: 5
    this quote is $1,000 OVER invoice but the best quote i've gotten so far..what dealer offered u $1,000 below invoice? i would be willing to go out of state to save money..
  • bndiebndie Posts: 9
    Thank you for the input.
    His quote is way too high considering the quote you received on a 08. Florida dealers have their dealer's fee on top of the price.
  • Has anyone purchased an Accord 08 EXL 4 cyl in the state of minnesota? What kind of deals have people been getting?
  • gleen6191gleen6191 Posts: 80
    i got the same car with navi for $24,350 bro here in N NJ
  • Is Bluetooth included on the EX-L? Here is the best price I received so far:

08 Accord Sedan EX-L With/ NAV & Bluetooth Setup, a $325 value for:

$26,868 before Dest and Tax.

This is in NJ

Thanks for your comments
  • personatechpersonatech Posts: 101
    Bluetooth is included with NAV; it is not available by itself.
  • Thanks, so what is the dealer giving to me, what is the bluetooth set up?
    :) Pick up my blacj / ivory beauty monday!
    :) I have the same car for only $24,365. what dealer did you buy at. I am in Northern NJ!
    sounds like a scam. you can set up your phone yourself :confuse:
  • i'm assuming that that's a coupe EX-L 5AT(Automatic) WITH V6? (you didnt' say if it was the 4 cylinder or 6). if it's with the V6, that's not bad.....bluetooth IS automatically included with the NAVI, so the dealer's bull***** you if he/she's saying that it's extra with the NAVI. setting it up is easy - my 18 year old daughter did it in one evening. now if that's for the 4 cylinder, that's still a pretty high price - i was able to get my daughter's (coupe,EX-L 5AT (automatic) 4I (4 cylinder)) WITH NAVI and appearance package (wheel locks, pinstriping and mud flaps) for about $26000 - add destination, VA tax (3.2%), $399 dealer prep, license/tags, etc. for $27685 OTD.
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    Actually, there are bluetooths available stand alone. Try the online Honda part stores, I've seen them there and that will give you an idea when you talk to the dealer.
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    Most of the quotes or prices paid that you see posted for several hundred below invoice are for the I4. Do a quick search here on the thread, I don't think you'll find many V6 for much under invoice. having said that, I think you can do better than what you have been quoted. Try sending more emails to a bigger radius to cover more territory. I sent out over 20 emails to a 150+ radius before I bought mine a few months ago.
  • A dealer here in seattle has a 2008 silver accord ex sedan (4 cylinder, auto, no leather) for sale as a ex demo car. claims to have been used by the sales manager and it has 6000 miles on it. they will be selling it as a new car, not used one. They have the red sticker with SALE PRICE!! 22,900 on it, which the salesperson said he is willing to negotiate good.
    From what I've been seeing here, for a brand new car, usually $1000 below invoice is a good deal, which means $21200 in our case. BUT since this is an ex demo car with 6k miles, what would be a good price? I was thinking $19K. Can it be even lower. They seem pretty dedicated to get rid of it. The carspace forum helped me so much last time when i bought a car and i hope u guys can help me out in making an offer and from what low end i shd start bargaining
    Please note that I'm ok with buying a car with 6k miles, unless i'm missing some hidden catch (if so please le me know!)
  • nickwoodsnickwoods Posts: 13
    hey bud - what is the total out the door price - any other add ons tks
  • personatechpersonatech Posts: 101
    Bluetooth setup would be to configure the car's Bluetooth to work with your phone. All of 5 minutes work which should be provided by the dealer as a prep courtesy when you pick up the car.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    People aren't getting $1000 below invoice on new 2008 Accords yet. Maybe after the 2009s are on the dealer lots. You could look for that price on a demo with 6,000 miles though.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    There is a dealer installed bluetooth accessory kit that the dealer can install on the Accords that don't have nav. Maybe, that's what they're selling.
    The bluetooth kit is installed into the space where the sunglass holder is now and has the microphone and speaker in an all-in-one unit. All they do is cut a hole for it, tap it into a power source and mount it.
    It isn't connected to the stereo or steering wheel controls.
  • Let's do this again, it is a 2008 Accord 4 Door Sedan, V-6 with NAV. They qutoed me $26,868 before dest and tax. They also said, if I qualify, 0% financing for 72 months. It is Route 22 Honda in Hillside. I haven't baught anything else, also have to get a good price on my trade in. If any of those 3 things don't work out, I am out the door and will never return. G-man, I think I read you went to the same dealer, how are they?
    Mahwah Honda - love them!!!!

car: $24,365
    wheel locks $80.00 (gave this to them)
    dest fee $635.00
    tax $1755.60 ( no trade in)
    motor tire BS fee: $7.50
    est reg fee: $234.00
    njcar dsp ser fee: $ 8.00
    doe fee: $185.00

total cost OTD: 27,270.10

nice? or can I do better
  • G-man, this is for a 4 cylc, correct?
    yes. 190 hp. i personally did not want to take a chance on the v-6 although i am coming from a 2007 Infiniti M35x dream machine. the lease is up and i am trying to save on gas. i only drive 8 miles to work and 8 miles back. i think the honda looks and feels great except for the upper lumbar support. I hope that does not come back to haunt me!

I wanted the v6 though. u got a good price!
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    '08 Accord V6 EX-L is BEST. I have owned a dozen+ of Accords + Civic + Honda motorcyles. This EX-L V6 Accord is BEST.
    u dont have vcm issues at all????????

is what people saying about VCM just BS?!
    who is your sales rep there?
  • lpcoupelpcoupe Posts: 5
    parvis-thanks for your response :)
    what dealer did u buy from??
    yes i noticed most prices under invoice are for v4..so far the best internet price i have gotten as of today is:
    28,915 incl dest
    67.5 dmv
    130 plates
    2510.95 tax
    $31,623 out the door that's $650 over invoice..what do u think??? today i sent out an email to all the dealers who have sent me internet quotes telling them if they would give me the car for 28,514 (249 over invoice) and throw in a tint, that i would order the car immediately...i got one response to come in in person and make the offer..let's see what happens when i go in!
  • kepkep Posts: 4
    Is there room to negotiate on a 08 Accord LX A/T for $18,588+tax & license?

Also, when do the 2009 models come out?
    Thanks.
  • packer3packer3 Posts: 277
    I you do decide to get this car make sure the warranty starts at that mileage "in writing" I leased the 2008 LXP with 4 miles on it, two weeks ago in NJ the sticker list was $22,160. before negotiations. The difference between the two is the moon roof, 190hp vs 177hp and a few other small things. Just look in the back of the Honda Accord sales leaf lit at the dealer and all the specs are in the back. I also drove both the E it had has just a little more umph. nothing to write home about.
  • packer3packer3 Posts: 277
    Bud, I went to the dealer in Hillside on 3/29, didn't have success with Mahwah or Paramus, leased the LXP. $1,000 down,$265 per month 36 months 12,000 miles per year, I started out looking at the LX, however they didn't have the Graphite Gray so we talked and they then offered me the LXP same deal as above, the car also came with the Enviro Guard int/ext package, wheel locks and mud flaps. There is money at these dealers around $500.00 worth. It's like anything else sometime you hit it and some times you don't, I do recomend going at the end of the month.
  • lpcoupe, that is really not a good price. I just got a price on a 4dr EX-L V6 with NAV down to 25,900 + dest & tax and a finance rate of 4.54% for 72 months. Still thinking it over. Total price with trade in is + $100 more a month then what I am paying on an Acura TL with 87K miles.