Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• furrycutefurrycute Posts: 33
    Thanks for the advice on the anti-theft system.

I looked through Honda's homepage. On their webpage, they list anti-theft system as standard on both the LX and the LX-P. Does this mean that the LX have the alarm system and the engine immobilizer? I was surprised to see engine immobilizer listed on Honda's webpage. I thought only Camrys have the immobilizer.

I just came back from a visit to my dealer, the one that offered me $20,000 including destination. Turned out the dealer wants to add another $400 on top of that as "dealer prep fees." Unbelievable. I was hoping to knock off $400 from their original offer, now they want to add $400 on top of their original offer. I walked.

I test drove the car. The plastic wheel covers on the LX do look ghetto. They are thin, and bend VERY easily. I can't believe Honda used this kind of thin plastic for their wheel covers. My now sold mid 90's car had better thicker metal wheel covers. :cry:
  • packer3packer3 Posts: 277
    The Anti theft system is standard only on the LX-P, if the $20M is for the LX-P thats not a bad price tell him to keep the $400 but you will give him $20 for a full car wash and interior cleaning prep and you will sign the papers. Also dont get sucked into any type of costly extra warranties that they will try to sell you.
  • furrycutefurrycute Posts: 33
    Unfortunately that $20,000 quote including destination is only for the LX. The dealer wants $2,000 more for the LX-P. :mad:

What does the anti-theft system include? The alarm and the engine immobilizer?

I am actually thinking about partial financing at this point. I am thinking about putting down maybe $5,000, and finance the rest. What kind of interest rates should I aim for?
    Based on negotiations you should be paying around $21,000 for the LX-P

The alarm is your horn in the car and yes it does immoblize the car.

Not to good with the interest rates however, go to the Honda Accord fourm site and see Buying and Leasing Experiences there is a host of info.
  • r0yaltyr0yalty Posts: 13
    I took delivery of a 08 accord EX V6 4-door sedan (polished metal metallic with gray interior)with 79 miles on it at Moss. Bros Honda in Moreno Valley, CA yesterday (this was quoted to me through email):

car price :$23,029.92
    + 7.75% tax
    + $55 doc fee
    + $245 License fee
    *car price includes dest. fee
    =$25114 OTD

got financed at 2.9%

There is nothing extra on the car. All other dealerships would not match it once i took the quote to their dealership. Some wanted to charge destination fee, some wanted to charge a higher APR. Some said they couldn't take lojack off, or protection pkg off. Bunch of Bs'ers!
  • tracemillertracemiller Posts: 36
    79 miles on it already when you brought the car? I think you just brought a used car or a test drive car. You should have gotten it for cheaper because I don't think it is consider a new car anymore with 79 miles on it.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,626
    Of course it's a new car! 79 miles is nothing.

It could have been a dealer trade which would account for the miles.

For every person who would be bothered by 79 miles there would be 20 others who wouldn't be. Just pick another car if that's a problem.
    79 miles is a good thing in a way if you dont hear any squeaks or rattles and no hesitation, your good to go, just make sure when the dealer writes up your agreements make sure he puts at least with 100 miles on the odometer acceptance form.
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    79 miles on it already when you brought the car? I think you just brought a used car or a test drive car. You should have gotten it for cheaper because I don't think it is consider a new car anymore with 79 miles on it.

Don't you ever test drive before you buy? Would you want the dealer telling you that you can't test drive you have to pay and then get to drive the car? Or that they only have single car you can test drive and you can't drive the trim level you want - just purchase it on faith? Of course you would not put up with that, so the dealer ends up with test drive miles and many, if not all, of the cars on their lot. If you want to test drive the car in the trim level and color you want, but then refuse to buy it because it does not have "zero" miles on it then you are really being ridiculous.

Do you open an item in the store to check it out, then put that back on the shelf opened and take a sealed package to buy? If you do, then that would explain your attitude :D .

Most of us can't have it both ways - we want to test drive any car we want AND get a zero mile car when we decide. So you have to either give up test driving or getting a zero mile car.

Dennis
    As a zero mile car.

they always have a few miles when they come off the trucks and during the Pre-Delivery Inspection they get driven too.

Our Hondas always have at least ten miles on them.
  • tracemillertracemiller Posts: 36
    I do test drive the car before I buy. When I took delivery of my car, there were only 7 miles on it. When you go test drive, dealers usually tell you to step on it and feel the power and everything. This isn't good for the break-in period of the car. You don't know how other drivers drive the car during the test drive. They could have redline it and stuff. Because of this, you'll feel the effect of it later on.

When I went to look for my car, I looked at four different car with the same trim level. Then I chose the one I wanted to buy and test drove it. I'm not saying that you need to get a zero mile car. Just get one with a low mile that hasn't been test drove many different time already.

"Do you open an item in the store to check it out, then put that back on the shelf opened and take a sealed package to buy? If you do, then that would explain your attitude . "

So you are saying that you would go to the store and buy a package that was open already and get it for the same price as other sealed package? That's what a car with many many miles on it is, isn't it? You can't compare buying a car to buying a package at the store. At the store, if you buy something and it doesn't work, then you return it because it is defective. You can't do this with a car. The minute you buy it and it leaves the lot, it is used and depreciate right away. Sure you have warranty but you have to go through the hassle and stuff.

If you are happy with your new car, than that's fine. It's just a matter of what you want. Lot's of people are picky about things: like what kind of wheels they want, what kind of features and stuff. For me personally, if I saw a car I was about to drive with so many miles on it, I would tell the dealer if I can see a different car of the same trim to test drive and buy if I choose to buy.
  • tommystonestommystones Posts: 19
    MSRP - $28,060 INVOICE - $25,416

Just got a quote from a local dealer.

$26,369 Not Inc Tax/Any Fees
    + 1,582 Sales Tax (6% in MI)
    + ?Approx $1,000 in Fees? (Tags, Reg, Dest etc.)
    + 2.9% apr

Any suggestions/thoughts on this Quote? Also is there any way Honda will be willing be give a tier1/Great credit customer .9% apr for 60 months. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks In Advance!
    .9% currently is up to 36 mos. anything over 36 mos is 2.9% with honda finance. it's on honda.com and all the details are there.
    Sure,

I could have gotten another new car with less miles. but in essence, 79 miles isn't really much (at least to me). I mean when you go to sell your car years from now, do you think 79 miles will matter to the next buyer? it's thousands of miles that will make or break reselling in the future,not 79. I bought a honda prelude back in 2000 with 3 miles on it. I am glad i did. but even at 79 miles with my new accord, by going to this particular dealership, i saved $300-400 than the next lowest price quote. (i'd rather save that much money instead of paying it to get a car with 50 less miles on it). They had only one of the polished metal metallic in stock of the model i wanted and no nighthawk black available. So I took it. It's the first time I bought a new car and felt confident that i got the lowest price possible in the area.
    " It's the first time I bought a new car"

So, the 2000 Prelude you bought with 3 miles on it was a USED car?
  • jncarsjncars Posts: 13
    I've never had a problem with steel wheels rusting. To get an idea of how they'll look in ten or so years, just take the wheel covers off your mid 90's car and look at them.
    I meant the "first time i bought a new car and felt i got a good deal". I got ripped on the prelude back in the day, because I was intimidated by the sales mgr. I paid over invoice and got raped on interest because i didn't know any better. Btw that was 8 years ago when i was still establishing credit.
  • nkvnkv Posts: 20
    You indeed got a fabulous deal! I paid 26500 last October for an identical car with black interior here in Fl. You saved almost 1500 compared to mine! Enjoy!!
    Oh, I knew what you meant. Just funnin ya.

BTW paying over invoice for a car isn't getting "ripped".
  • priceritepricerite Posts: 10
    I cannot comment on Michigan market, but In NJ I just paid 27466 OTD price for Accord EXL V6. I probably could have done a bit better, but didn't feel that pushing sales manager will be fair. The dealer threw in wheel locks and installed splash guards as part of the deal.
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    Best price. Thanks to Recession.
  • missymmissym Posts: 7
    Im not having much luck w/ dealerships this weekend. Im going to send out some emails to see if any other dealers will give me a better price. This was the price that was brought to the table and they wouldnt budge..I ended up walking away and told them to call me with better numbers in the am.

I live in AZ

Honda Accord 4d EX-L V6
    Invoice: $26,306.13 (including $635 destination)
    Tinted windows/Splash/Wheel lock: $497 +
    = $27,055 (price they wanted to sell car)

Tax: $2110.29 7.8% (Az)
    Doc fee: $347
    Lic: $494.16
    Other junk fee: $199 (which I told them to take off)

OTD: Over 30k :mad: and I was not going to go over 29k (my goal was a 28k OTD price) but even with 29k the sales rep said no way could he come down that much. I ended up leaving and he said he would call me in the am if he had better numbers.
    Ill see what other dealerships have to offer, since now I know that Im qualified w/ their lender and I know the exact model/color etc I want.

If anyone else has gotten a good deal in AZ..pls let me know.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Posts: 283
    I had the same dilemma when I purchased my accord. I ended up buying a LX automatic. Didn't really the alloys. I'd rather put my own rims on the car. I have had the accord for 2 months and its been the best 2 month car experience ever. In doing my research, I would recommend not paying more then approximately $700 for a LX-P. Only extras with a LX-P are alloys and drivers power seat. My LX has a engine immoblizer. Personal preference, I would either get a LX automatic or EX automatic. Regardless, the accord is a excellent investment.
  • thanks frankcario - I live *really* close to honda cars of katy (where some have experienced good service based on comments here) but am not adverse to going to conroe if i have to.

Is there a salesperson you can recommend i speak to? I can send thru a test msg to your email (saw online prev) so you don't break the rules and post the name on here :)
    At that price you can can get a 3 series BMW for a few thousand more.
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    Isellhondas, ladies & gentelmen,

Even suffering severely from recession, inflation and Iraq/ Afghan war effects Honda is still hanging pretty good on cars market compared to other manufacturers. Honda has reduced the financing rates a bit on old and less marketable model (e.g Honda Element, etc.). As an owner of an '08 Accord EX-L V6 w/ navi since Xmas 07 and other 10+ Honda cars and motor bikes I can tell the sale price of this model with navi has not reduced very much compared to same trim Camry/ Nissan. This model does not have VCM issue as some unfair competitive guys and other car dealers have played aloud their trumpets trying to kill this super fine model.

To those liars, no way you guys can kill this model. If I buy another Honda Accord right now I will buy the '08 Accord V6 EX-L again immediately. At 268 HP and 242 lbs ft torque, its average mixed MPG of 25 - 28 is equal to my old '95 Accord I4. I have not driven my new V6 EX-L much on freeway, but I expect on long freeway trips this model is a great champ in term of its great power yet it achieves very good MPG. What are customers asking for more? Bravo and long live Honda smartest engineers/ management ! I love every single button in my new V6 EX-L. Each single button carries a piece of thought on it.

Those liars cannot build a tiny simple button in this very fine Accord V6 EX-L yet they have talked BS about his model for year. Some liars even do not own or drive this model much. I am suspecting one of the most liars is another European import car manufacturers. Customers are not most stupid and unethical like those liars. Am I reasonable, Isellhondas?
    Relax it's only a car, I have the 08 Accord LX-P and I love it , my daughter had the 05 Accord Coupe she loved it, however when the lease ran out on the 08 Accord Coupe it was way to expensive so she leased the 08 4 door 320 i BMW. It's all about what you pay for at the time.
    " Am I reasonable"

I wouldn't call anyone a "liar". I sure didn't and I think that is a pretty strong word. I don't doubt that some people are experiencing "something". All I ever said was that I hadn't experienced this myself nor had I heard of this from anyone else.

If I were to drive their car, would I feel anything? I honestly don't know.

I still can't understand why anyone, especially with these gas prices would bother with a V-6. The 190 HP 4cyl or even the 177 HP one is, in my opinion more than adequate.

But, that's me...to each his own.

And, to answer your question, no, I don't think your post was reasnoble. Calling someone a liar is uncalled for.
  • priceritepricerite Posts: 10
    missym,

If you are planning to finance the 0.9%@36month and 2.9%@60month is good through 7/7/2008, so you have plenty of time to shop around. I guess AZ is not NJ; the distance to dealerships could be substantial and so less competition. But the numbers you've listed look ridiculous.
    Send requests for quotes to at least 15-20 dealers in 100-200 mi radius .If you live on the border with another state tap in their market as well. My second best price came from Pennsylvania. Plan on spending about 2 weeks if you want the best price. Remember, the internet price you get in the quote is negotiable. Once you have internet price negotiate it over the phone. Use negotiated price to knock the price further. Always work with OTD price and be confident.
    BTW Accord EXL V6 is well worth fighting for.
  • tommystonestommystones Posts: 19
    $27,500 OTD? Wow ... Not Bad!

You probaly got the car for $25,000 ($500 Below Invoice) plus about $1,500 in Tax & about $1,000 in Fees inc. Destination fee etc.

Thats probally the best price for a EX-L V6 I've read about on this forum. Did I estimate everything about right?

Kudos.