Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hey check like three-10 pages before, he broke the price very well. he bought it in joyce honda, and 18200 does not incl dest. but his otd was 20500 with a eather stearing wrap incl/instll. so u can do about the same.
  • Got it today from Brighton Honda, MI

basic price: 18,848
    Doc fee: 99
    tax: 1,138
    plate transfer: 23

total: 20,129

We actually paid an extra $100 for getting the color we want (red). The dealer said they needed to pay $250 for someone to drive the car from another dealer and we kind of split the cost. I feel if I didn't need to pay that extra $100, it would be a good deal, but now it is kind of O.K.

Also, want to ask a question in terms of the extended warrenty. During our bargain, the dealer said since we paid an extra $100, if I want to buy the extended warrenty he could give me the price at which the dealer pays Honda. To get an extension to 8 years/100K miles (bump to bump), $0 deduction, it will be $1025. It also includes roadside survices (e.g. towing, car rental and hotel cost for up to 3 days). Looks like pretty attractive. Does any one who has the experience think it is worth buying this? Is this a really good deal or another money trap? Any suggestions are welcome. I need to decide before going to pick up the car. Thanks a lot!
  • he8833he8833 Posts: 52
    What a wonderful place to learn.
    I have this partially figured out.

I'm looking @ Honda Accord 07 SE V6 in MN
    Invoice price = starting point

then add on the following
    Document fee
    Destination fee
    Tax+Title

Confused about the 750.00 cash to dealer (do i add this to the invoice?)
    I have also saw some posts where people were
    subtracting true dealer cost which they considered 3% of MSRP
    then they added in 2% dealer profit:

it was post 13949

can someone explain these variables to me and wether I add them on to the invoice?
  • saleemsaleem Posts: 114
    IDK how well the variables game works. If you search thru my posts, I got a 4cyl for $1400 under invoice, plus 280 doc, 590 dest, and everything else. The SE's can seem to be acquired for $1000-$1300 under invoice (it depends on how much ur doc and dest fees are).

The best strategy would be to call multiple (MULTIPLE) dealers and get their internet/no-haggle price, and if they give you some BS like $300 under inv (since thats "under invoice"), speak to their managers or mention other prices paid. Write down who u spoke w/ at each, and the price. As you get more prices, get each dealer to beat the others' best price. make sure you know the doc fees, which vary, since a dealer might be $100 lower, but with a $200 higher doc fee.
  • he8833he8833 Posts: 52
    Thank you for the response Saleem. So when one gets an offer under invoice, they then need to add on document fee and destination charge etc. So their net cost excluding tax may be 500-700 under invoice?

How does the 750.00 Cash to dealer incentive factor into this? Would I deduct this from the invoice price and then start adding in document fees destination fees etc?

I'm in sales and feel I after I understand the #'s aspect I would be ready to fight!

Thanks in advance
  • What do you think about determining if getting a VP for about 16500 + Tax + Title is good. The main question I have is below.

I know I can get lower b/c another buyer in the Boston area reported that he received quotes for about 16000 (I don't if that's with Destination).

QUESTION: If I do a used car private party pricing for a 2006 Accord VP and it comes to about 15300, then is it fair to think that I'll lose about 1200-1500 in my first year for my 2007, if I buy it for about 16500 or lower?

Thanks!!
    the KBB values for almost new cars seemed very skewed when i looked at them... sometimes they gave higher numbers than invoice or msrp!!! so i'm not sure how'd you gauge it. maybe search actual car listings so you see how those are priced. i think (but am not sure) that new cars lose 10-25% of their value in their first year; accords would be on the low side of that range.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    Yes, you are going to lose money of you buy a new car and then try to resell it even the next day. No one is going to pay the same price for your used car that they can buy a new one for no matter what KBB lists as the private party or retail value. It is ridiculous when KBB has used values listed for 1 year old cars that are higher than the price of a brand new equivalent car after discounting.
    Just pay the lowest price you can and you have less potential depreciation.
  • right, i agree. the lower the better.

the average retail price for the VP 06 was listed as 15300 which is notably lower than the 2007 VP's invoice of 17500.

again, i don't think I'm looking for hard metrics here, just a sense of what I 'may' lose in buying the car for about 16.5K.

I don't need a fancy car right now (saving that purchase for a couple of years down the line).

thanks!
  • Hi all,

I am looking at buying a 2007 Accord and found out there is a $750 manufacturer-to-dealer incentive going on right now.

I was wondering if there is a web site that tracks the history of these rebates/incentives over the last year or so. I am trying to see if the rebates get bigger or smaller over the model year. I also know a few friends who bought their accords over the last year and trying to understand the price they paid versus the prevailing rebates at that time.

Thanks,
    rookie11
  • Just a note of thanks to those who replied to my messages in the last month or so. I'll be back to the site for the next car purchase.

About to buy the Accord VP Auto for 16100 (including destination & the their protection/pro package) + TAX + TITLE.

Thanks!
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    What does their protection package include? $16,100 sounds pretty good, even without that!
    I'd really like to know what's in their protection package. "Fabric Sealant" is a can of 3M Fabric Protectant, which you can get for $8. "Paint Sealant" is a hard wax. Meguiar's (Gold class liquid wax) is an EXCELLENT wax and its like $12 at walmart. Turtle wax, Zanos, something like that will give you a good wax, too. What else can possibly be in the package that's worth it? Get them to take that out and you've successfully pwned a dealer.
    Yeah, but remember, that price of $16,100 INCLUDED the protection package, so they didn't do badly at all IMO.

At my dealership (Serra Honda in Birmingham, AL) the "protection package" consisted of mudguards, Xzylon paint treatment (it actually is amazing stuff when you see it in action), and Xzylon interior treatment. I think they ask $299 for it, but it was promptly bargained out of my dad's 2007 Civic, the last vehicle my family purchased. I don't think they offered such a package in Nov. 2005 when I got my 2006 Accord.
  • hmmm...is there a place where I can find 'invoice' prices for the protection package? If so, I can attempt to reduce the car price by that amount (as suggested above).
    I doubt it, plus, you never told us what was included in the package! If it included accessories, you probably can get them at cost somewhere else, but if it is just wax and fabric protectant, I doubt you can find "invoice" prices.

$16,100 is a great price, and I'm not sure you'll be able to go a lot lower.
  • Hi All,
    Went shopping this weekend and found out the dealer supposedly has a President's Weekend Sale going on. I have to make a decision today and pick up car by tomorrow. The choice is a 2007 Accord SE Sedan (4cyl) which the lowest they will go is $18,999 before taxes etc. or a Demo they have on the lot - 2007 Accord V6 EXL with 5,600 miles for $22,500. They are advertising a brand new V6 EXL for $23,997. Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • tallman1tallman1 Posts: 1,874
    I believe that $750 was the best dealer incentive Honda offered on the sedan. I think it got up to $1000 on the coupe. Someone else here will have a better memory than me. ;)

I'm not sure if there is a site that records this info.
  • tallman1tallman1 Posts: 1,874
    My advice is to figure out which car you want. There's a big difference between the 4 cyl SE and the loaded V6 EX-L. A great deal on something you don't really want or need is not a great deal, IMHO.

If you are feeling pressure because of the sale, chances are that you will get just as low a price through negotiating after the sale. Of course, if you need a car immediately, that's a different story.
  • I'm sure the same deals will be there at the end of the month. I was just curious about the prices I was quoted and whether the difference between the two of $3500 is worth it to go for the V6 EX-L with 5,600 miles on it.