Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• personatechpersonatech Posts: 101
    I test-drove cars at two dealers: the local dealer who eventually went off the deep end and one who had a Coupe in stock when my local dealer didn't (and from whom I eventually purchased the Sedan). I emailed lots of dealers as do many other members of this forum. As far as having too much time on my hands, you may be correct there - I'm a college prof on summer break. Hard life, I know... :shades:

I've never liked OTD because it is determined in part by where someone lives. I pay 3% tax in NC, I've seen others (maybe New Jersey?) paying something like 7%. Comparing a NC OTD price to a NJ OTD price is NOT comparing apples to apples, so to speak. I much prefer comparing a pre-tax OTD price.

At any rate, I've decided it's not worth my time to worry about this any longer - I'd rather be driving my Accord! ;)
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    i kinda like the Gold Beige color.... never can understand what makes white or black popular... and dark blue isn't all that attractive either.
  • al63017al63017 Posts: 149
    Just got this email from Napleton Honda St. Peters MO.

This is for sedans only w/o Navi.

I walked out of there years ago so be careful suspect these cars have 2000.00 worth of tint, mats, fabric guard, paint sealant etc.
    Call first and ask, but since that was so long ago I doubt anyone is still there so maybe they are not playing games

Good until Monday night July 7th.
    Let us know if any of you call.

Bought two 08 Accords in June.
    EX-L 4cyl sedan black/tan for 23700 plus 159.00 doc free stripes, splash guards.
    LX-S Coupe Belize Blue 100.00 under invoice no doc fees with splash guards.
    St. Louis Honda Internet sales

I don't think that coupe price will be possible again, was a weird set of circumstances on last day of month at close needing to sell one more car.
    I may be wrong have not seen much pricing on coupes here or on coupe forum for LX-S coupe. Left this out Coupe was 20989 included 159.00 doc fee.
    People have probably been buying these for a lot less and I would never know as I have only looked at this forum in the last 30 days during my car buying binge.
    Yeah, I know they all say that "I need to sell one more car", but I like to think I got "the deal". I take it back that deal and better probably can be had any day of the week.

28mpg first tank on coupe
    25mpg first tank of sedan

Driving style I suspect.

Enjoy ---just got out of TSX and would never pay the extra money for that car although that is a great, great, great car and if you are looking at them do it.
    In 07 I in my opinion there was a stark difference between TSX and Accord but not much now to me in 08 Accords. Also (too long story) had 2007 CRV another great vehicle that I consistently got 29-31 mpg on hwy and 26 plus in 50/50.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    "Comparing a NC OTD price to a NJ OTD price is NOT comparing apples to apples, so to speak."

Sure it is...you are the one purchasing so you are the one paying the OTD price...example:

Dealer A in NJ gives and OTD price of 30K.

Dealer B in NC gives and OTD price of 29K.

From your perspective who has the better price OTD?
  • personatechpersonatech Posts: 101
    "Dealer A in NJ gives and OTD price of 30K.

Dealer B in NC gives and OTD price of 29K.

From your perspective who has the better price OTD?"

The point of comparative pricing is to identify the dealer who is willing to provide you the best price. In the scenario above, it could well be that both dealers would offer that car at a before-tax price of 28K. They have no control over the state sales tax, but they do decide what they will charge for base price, doc fees, and even tags.

If I live in NJ, that NC price might be very attractive; however, I'm sure that when you register the car in NJ their DMV might expect some additional tax compensation. When I bought a truck in VA some years ago, I had to pay VA state sales tax up front despite being a NC resident, then had to pay NC highway use tax when I registered the car, and then I applied for a refund of the VA tax through the dealer. I would expect a NJ resident would have to go through the same shenanigans were he to purchase a car in another state.

Of course, when I shopped around I remembered the hassle of purchasing a car in VA so I kept my search restricted to NC Honda dealers. In that case, including tax in the OTD was helpful.

Keep in mind that the OTD prices posted in this forum raise hopes and expectations about what might be possible in negotiations. A NJ reader noting that NC OTD price of $29 is essentially being mislead; it is very possible that no NJ dealer could meet that NC OTD price.
  • Anybody with insight on what happens to the 0.9% /36 month, 2.9%/ 60 month after the 7/7//08 date? I'm looking to lease a loaded 08 Accord sedan V6 EX-L with Navi, and have invoice-level offers out there, but I can wait until the first part of August if need be.

car man, any word on MF/residuals on this car would be greatly appreciated.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 770
    You did nothing wrong. You gave the salesman fair warning that you were getting quotes from other dealers and even considering other cars. Some dealers would rather take the chance of insulting an educated buyer by offering an absurdly high price because they might catch a few lemmings who aren't prepared to negotiate.

However, your salesman's behavior was attrocious. You should write a letter to the GM and send a copy to the owner (probably a company with interested shareholders) as well. You were straight up and honest with him and he treated you like a common sucker. Then he had the audacity to berate you for calling him on his bogus offer? He should be ashamed of himself. The good news is that he probably won't be in the business long...

One final thought: if it weren't for the sheep who pay MSRP, buy mop-n-glow rust treatments, accept above-market rate financing, and commit to full-price extended warranties, the rest of us wouldn't be able to buy for less. The dealership has to make money somewhere--but that doesn't give them the right to criticize those who refuse to roll over for them.
  • lclementelclemente Posts: 2
    Looking to get an 08 honda accord ex i4 auto. live in NY. what's a good OTD price.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    When I say OTD I mean including your state tax... everything to drive it away.
  • az2000bdaz2000bd Posts: 2
    I am Looking for 08 honda accord LX-P Automatic , and I am in NY
    Please send me good price in NYC and Long Island
  • newguy8newguy8 Posts: 7
    ME TOO I am Looking for 08 honda accord LX-P Automatic , and I am in NY
    Please send me good price in NYC
  • duke23duke23 Posts: 488
    Possibly a good deal , let's see but I would need all the particulars. Most would add the TT&L plus all dealer crap fee's into the otd however. So breaking down the deal , you can buy the LX for $19,000 including destination.

$19,000 Accord LX ( AT?) makes a difference. Incl dest.
    + $620 dealer fee's
    -------------------------
    $19,620
    -$1,000 gas card
    $380 ( online hc ew) /5 = $76 * 2 = $152. Std warranty is 3/36 free so benefit to you , if you consider it cash worthy is 2/24 free.
    -$152
    -------------
    $18468

For an at, a decent deal for mt, not so good. Unfortunately your tax will be based on the $19,600 so, $1176. T&l I'll guesstimate at $120-150. So your real otd, $20,946. With $1,152 of freebies for a net price of $19,794 otd. I'd say negotiate it more below invoice, tell the dealer no way you're paying the crap fees and he can keep his freebies. Most likely he is using the promo's to distract the buyer that the deal is going over invoice.
  • Hi,
    Who did you deal with at Autowest? Also, how did you get such a good deal? Do you think how you financed it mattered? Thanks - I'm hoping to buy one this week in the Sac area.
  • cuvangcuvang Posts: 31
    Hi everyone,
    first time poster. I live in Southern California. I got a quote from Norm Reeves Honda in HB for EXL auto 4 cyn. $ 24000 even OTD $26,189. Can I get better price than this? I have not check around yet, still waiting for emails from other dealers. If you guys have a better deal, let me know. thks
  • socalhondasocalhonda Posts: 24
    Check out my post back on June 6 or 7th. You can do better. Try Hardin Honda in Anaheim or Honda of Hollywood. You can get alot better deal....good luck
  • rkurlanderrkurlander Posts: 58
    The 2009 Accords begin production around August 1 and should begin arriving by August 10. The Benton Harbor, Michigan dealer has no clue.
  • duke23duke23 Posts: 488
    " I suspect Larryallen is the salesman you dissed.

Sadly no. I am the only occupation lower than a car salesman... a lawyer. "

A lawyer who will crack a lawyer joke on himself is all right in my book. Btw why sharks won't bite lawyers? Professional courtesy.
    Hi
    thks for a quick response. I called the internet dept. saleman P. told me to call him early next Friday for better pricing. I think you got $23,000 plus tax, lic. thats pretty good. I will let you know
  • hello there,
    can you tell me further where and how you get the deal for LX-P around bay area? and did u pay full price or installment? Any helps would be appreciated. Thanks
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    Sorry for the late reply, have been out of the forum for awhile :)
    I have the EXL V6 w/ Navi which I bought for $27700 (plus some options, you may do a search on my previous posts that has the info). This was in December, dealer was Grace Honda in san Bruno. Let me know of you want more info and I will provide. Good luck.
    I think you should work directly with each dealership's internet manager. Even if they all belong to the same mega chain company, their financing, sales contest, etc. are independent and I would think you will get a better deal working with the person who is closely connected to the sales floor!
    Here is the Livermore email ad I got for today:
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L sedan w/auto transmission
    MSRP........................................................$26,495.00
    Weekend special price.............................$23,295.00
    H80403 H80446 H80488
    The ad says that the sale ends on 7/7/2008 but I think if you like the price and contact them they will go for it. You should also be able to get same savings on the LX-P. Also try Grace Honda or Stevens Creek Honda, they were close when I was buying mine.
  • I have a 1997 Honda Accord with 190000 miles. Lately its been running hot, only in the city (at redlights though) When I'm driving on the highway its fine. Ive replaced the a/c cooling fan and the engine cooling fan. I've also replaced the thermostat gauge, and flushed the radiator. It still runs hot at stop lights, I have no idea what the problem is or how to go about fixing it.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    This is the "Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience" forum. You might want to look elsewhere for the answer to your question.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,029
    It looks like you found the right discussion in Maintenance and Repair... If you don't get an answer there, try this one:

Cooling Systems -- Problems & Solutions (Radiator, Fan, etc)

Good luck!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kewlkarimkewlkarim Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I know this is about buying experience, but i haven't bought yet. but with your help, i hope to buy soon.
    i'm intrested to find out how much people paid for the following. or if you know how much i should pay for it.

2008 Honda Accord
    Body: Coupe
    Color (int'/ext'): Black / Black
    Trim: EX-L Nav'
    Engine: V6
    Transmission: automatic
    Dealership name/location: Houston, TX, USA
    i would also like to get remote start installed.

if you know how much i should pay for this, please let me know. Thank you.
  • qqcoppinqqcoppin Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I would like to get a Accord LX 4-door with auto transmission. I am living in MD.
    The tax here is 6%. Does anyone buy the LX recently? How much do you pay ood?
    Anyone has recommed for dealership in MD/VA/DC?

Thank you
  • rbk3rbk3 Posts: 34
    Don't know if this is a good deal or not so good deal, but I woke up this morning smiling.

Accord EX 21900 before Tax & License. I was able to choose my color and had the dealer locate and deliver for an extra 150. I could have purchased the LX-P for 20500.

I test drove the car Sat. Negotiated a price on Sunday. Showed up late 7pm Monday to see the car, invoice and price breakdown. At the last minute I asked the Internet/Salesperson to have the used car manager look at my possible trade in, a 2002 VW Passat. He asked me what number I had in mind. I said 7000 would be great. They came back with 6000. Finally we settled on 6250. My real number that I expected to hear based on miles, condition, electrical issues, etc was 4000 to 5000. If I kept it and tried to sell it myself my asking price would have been 6000. Finally I made it to the finance guy. I told him .9 % or I walk. It took him 20 seconds to find .9% for me.

In summary... Did I get a good deal. To me yes. To some of you yes yes yes. And to some I no. It all depends on if you wake up the next morning smiling about your deal.

Sorry it was long, but I hope this helps someone.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Sounds good to me, and I'm in AL, where prices should be a little lower.
    Thats some clever negotiation technique. Prices in Socal is just not that low. I am still waiting for mine with similar deal. Thks