Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ffloyd25ffloyd25 Posts: 5
    what state do you live in that you can get 25500 out the door? I'm going to go get a formal quote today here in san diego and see what they'll do...
  • missmelmissmel Posts: 13
    I live in Florida. I am not quite at $25500 out the door but that would be nice! What would you say is a good deal for this car? Let me know what they offer you when your done today.... :)
  • After reading everyone's discussions and asking some questions of my own, I figured I'd chip in on my own experiences. I was shopping in the Austin/San Antonio/Round Rock areas, and I ended up buying a red ext./black int. automatic Accord LX-S coupe for $21,200 pre-TTL; after a $3,000 "trade-in" (Drive Clean Across Texas voucher program) and TTL, it came out to $19,550.

The best offer I got in Austin/Round Rock was $21,400 pre-TTL. I got my car at Gillman Honda in San Antonio. Not too much pressure on the warranties, altho the finance manager offered the extended warranty "at cost" ($600-700). I still declined.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help! Although I wish it were a manual transmission, there were only 4-5 of them on sale in the state of Texas, and no dealer nearby was able to locate one. Oh well, I still love my new coupe :). Quite an upgrade from my old 1993 Honda Civic DX (with missing right side mirror):
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bacchuswng/2660018663/
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,792
    You are neglecting to add the destination charge of 670.00.
  • missmelmissmel Posts: 13
    The price given to me is with EVERYTHING included. Good price or not?
    so the price i was given today was 23818.00 plus tax title license etc.. for the EX-L 4cyl. just 300 above invoice. I assume if they were to do that this quick without much negotiation then they would go lower? offered me 1500 for my 1998 Jetta which is low but overall sounds like a pretty reasonable deal especially given the current Honda financing specials...
  • dloemtdloemt Posts: 1
    I just got a quote for a 2008 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 w/Nav- $30,800 OTD. I believe that is a fair price at about 1K over invoice. I've not met a dealer yet that will give me invoice out the door. I'd like to walk out at 29k even, but I'm not confident in that price. Am I on the right track?
  • What's the name of the dealer that provided you with this quote?

Thanks,
    Danny
  • cuvangcuvang Posts: 31
    I was at the dealer today (SoCal) they offer me $23,300 for EXL 4cyn auto. plus TTL . I did not do it cuz they offer me too low on my trade in. After July 4 weekend sale , the dealership look pretty empty. I think you can get lower. Good luck
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    EXL V6 auto coupe with NAV can be had for $29,500 OTD so 29 even OTD is definitely doable for a sedan.
    thanks i'll see what they'll do.. Its weird since first they said they wouldnt go below MSRP and now they are close to invoice. So do dealers actually pay the invoice price ? Are there big kickbacks from Honda to a dealer just for the sale, for the financing etc in order for them to sell it for around or less than invoice? The price I got was in So Cal too - San Diego.
  • jncarsjncars Posts: 13
    What I think Isellhondas meant was your invoice price didn't include the destination charge of $670. The real invoice price should be $24,188. ($23,518 + $670 = $24,188).
  • ocean08ocean08 Posts: 1
    We are currently looking at buying a new sedan. We have narrowed it down to the Honda Accord - either a LX or EX 4-Dr Sedan and the Nissan Altima 2.5S. We are wondering what deals people are currently receiving so we know what to expect. Since taxes are different in every state, we'd like to know actual prices paid before taxes, title and registration fees for each model, when bought and what incentives your dealership had, if any. We'd also be interested in what you like/dislike about each model.
  • nardisnardis Posts: 4
    Does $23,300 include destination charge?
    Stay close to this price cuz the economy is slow. This is also depends on the dealership inventory. Remember the 2009 Accord is coming soon late August. Dealers need to make room. Again, you will have more selections now than later. Best price $23,300 des. included plus ttl in O.C so far. I am gonna list my 2003 Pilot this week to sell. Hopefully, soon I can get my EXL. good luck
    Yes, $23,300 plus ttl only
    " So do dealers actually pay the invoice price"

Yes. Honda likes being paid for the cars they ship us.

" Are there big kickbacks?"

No, just rumors to that effect.
  • nardisnardis Posts: 4
    Invoice for 4cyl automatic EX-L sedan is $24,098 including destination charge.. So do you mean that it is about $800 cheaper than invoice?
    so why are they willing to sell at a price lower than invoice +destination charge? I did not negotiate long before given the #23818 when supposed invoice is 23518 + dest charge..
  • Before I went to buy my Accord, the dealership sent an email to me that they were accepting any aggressive pricing because it was the end of month and they wanted to move as many cars as possible to meet their so call "quota". I decided to take the lowest price that I saw on edmund's forum here and asked them if they can beat the price and they told me yes. So, because of that, I got my 08 Accord LX-P for $1,100 below invoice.
    I have no idea.

They certainly have the right to lose as money as they want to I suppose. :confuse:
  • chuck1chuck1 Posts: 1,405
    Isell,
    Were they possibly shooting for money on the "back end " from the factory? Unless, it's a "one only" come on ad I don't think car dealers sell cars at a loss.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    Purchasing a car below invoice does not matter.. what matters is what is paid OTD... you can purchase a car below invoice and still have an OTD price more than what the guy who paid more than invoice did OTD in your area.

We ALL pay an OTD price.
  • kay14kay14 Posts: 19
    If you believe the dealer pays invoice for a car...... my hats off to you. They are born everyday! Maybe you should go to Rooms To Go when you need furniture and ask to see the invoice on their sofas and beds....... It's a gimmick! A very successful gimmick that has been in use since WWII. I do not know how much they pay for their vehicles... this is a VERY closely held secret in the business. But when I look at Towne and Fitzmall.. I would guess the actual price paid by the dealer is somewhere in the 20 percent below invoice range. I know this comment will elicit all the dealership reps to come out to defend themselves, but everyone is not as foolish as they give credit for. Take a look at how they deal with their used car business.... they don't seem to lose any money there.. How about parts? They're not the cheapest place in town? Labor? Nope! Dont lose money there, either. So why wud a NEW car dealer have the most expensive parts and labor and used cars in the business and sell NEW CARS (their main business) at or below cost?
  • parcrparcr Posts: 4
    Closed the dela on Friday for a Black EX-L $23, 300 incl. destination and documentation. Has 10 mi on it.
  • parcrparcr Posts: 4
    There is nothing as such like an "invoive price". Dach dealer has his own price that he buys the car from and it depends on many factors, once including the volume of cars sold. So 24018 is a relative number
    Except dealers have no control over sales tax and license. A few states don't even have sales tax.

What is important are "doc fees" and these can be HUGE from what I read on these forums. We charge 50.00.
    I can't speak for other makes but this is a Honda forum and ALL Honda dealers pay the same amount for their cars.

Rumors and mis-information is rampant. There is no conspiracy.

Besides, who cares what a dealer pays? The MARKET will always determine pricing.
  • rbk3rbk3 Posts: 34
    Purchased EX last week 21900 + 150 (for dealer to locate the exact color options).

LX-P 20500

Altima 2.5S 19814

All prices were not including tax and license.

I like both the Altima and EX. The Altima looks better IMHO, has a keyless start, nice tranny and a more sporty feel.

The EX has tight steering, 17in wheels, Sunroof, and a little nicer stereo. All in all, they are both good cars. I just choose the EX because I felt like trying Honda. It was a close call. I am happy with my choice. Apples to apples, the Nissan can be bought for 750-1000 less then the Honda.
    Nice! Good work. These guys(dealers) still make money, just less than they'd hope for thats all. The "invoice" its just for the public and dealers to share. I am sure they have their own "invoice" . Its a business of course they gonna make a profit and as consumers we want a good deal. This is a great forum by the way