Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jgf3jgf3 Posts: 1
    Just bought a 07 SE auto 4-cyl Saturday in the Atlanta area.

My drive away price was $20,000 even. Not exactly sure how that breaks down, but I pay 7% sales tax and you can probably backtrack from that. This price was $600 better than my second best quote.

That said, I really didn't get a great deal on my trade-in and I didn't get the 4.9% financing Honda's offering because (apparently) I got too good a price on the car. Still, if you're not dealing with a trade-in, $20,000 drive out seems pretty good.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,426
    $20,000 for an EXL automatic, isn't that about $2,000 under invoice ($2,750 if you include the dealer incentive)?
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    I'm not a fan of Hidy Honda either. I asked the internet mgr for a quote and got one via e-mail. I wrote back: "Thank You for your time. Unfortunately, your quote is not competitive. i will shop elsewhere." Within a day I got back an e-mail saying they would try to beat my best deal - typical car dealer BS.
  • accord92accord92 Posts: 2
    As a newbie, I find this forum enlightening and informative, both to the care and feeding of my old Accord, and as a source of helpful tips shopping for a new one. Here in Westchester (Tuckahoe, specifically, about 20 miles North of NYC), it's Honda country, and dealers (there are plenty) can be stubborn when it comes to negotiating. I'm shopping (cash purchase) for a 4-cylinder SE with automatic, and the best offer to date is $19,500, which includes destination, but excludes tax (8 3/8%), title, tags, document fee. Is the quote reasonable? Thanks.
  • saga66saga66 Posts: 2
    I leased 07 SE auto 4-cyl on Saturday in princeton, NJ.

Selling price was $19600 including destination and money factor was .00096 which equals to 2.3%.

Thanks...
    I am also shopping for a buy(or lease) on the SE. For the SE-4, I am seeing quotes of 18.8 to 19.2 before TT&L here on this board. Remember there is a 750 dealer incentive on Accord purchases (not leases) now in effect. My best quote here in OH is 19.2 at the moment.
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Posts: 216
    There are members (use search feature) who've bought 6cyl SE's for the same price.
  • chetanrchetanr Posts: 6
    Folks : Do you think it is worth waiting for Easter to make a purchase of the Accord??

Thanks

Chetan
  • Has anyone bot a Honda in the Dallas area, if so could you reccomend a dealer? What should I expect to pay for a Honda Accord EX-L 4 cyl?
  • yatinggyatingg Posts: 4
    Ok, so I've started getting quotes from dealers a couple of days ago. And it's getting ridiculously low each time I call a new dealer saying I have a quote for this particular model and they beat it. How suspicious should I be getting?

NEW '07 Honda Accord Automatic 4DR EX-L V6 with Navigation for $24,999 (includes destination charge)!!!

My haggling began 2 days ago at:
    $25,888
    $25,579
    $25,500
    $25,132
    $24,999

MSRP is $29,995
    Invoice is $27,222
    ... both which include a $595 destination charge.

This is FAR below invoice price. How is this possible?

I'm getting invitations from all dealerships to come in, of course. I have not agreed to come in to any dealership until they can confirm that they have this exact model/color and that they is no other charge other than registration, CA license and maybe a doc fee.

Anyone has opinions on this, or expertise? I hear that internet sales is based on volume, not profit over invoice. But to be this much below invoice???
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    I believe there is still a dealer rebate going on (honda->dealer), last month it was 750. Dealers are trying to move all the 07 inventory before the new models come out. More 07 sales, yield 08 allocations which they really want. It's a great time to buy, if you are okay with the old model style.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    That sounds like a screaming deal. Get them to fax you a completed contract signed by the sales manager. Don't let them ruin it by killing you on a trade-in!
  • Hi all,

New member but have been stalking for more than a month trying to decide what I should get and the posts here have been extremely helpful. But it does also raise some additional doubts since there seem to be some expert buyers and this is my first "new" car.

Been running around multiple dealers and got a quote for 18,500 OTD for an LX I4 AT no extras (This is after 3% tax, and $499 Doc fee). I know this is about 384 less than invoice, but do you think I can do a little better or is this as good as it gets.

My worry is the value after the '08s come out, so I'm really trying to maximize the haggling so that I can get the best deal. I'm hoping all you pros on this forum can help me out.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    I think your doc fee is about $400 too high!
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    They are just shifting their profit from the car's price to dealer fees.
  • saleemsaleem Posts: 114
    This is true. If you can still keep an eye on the real costs, though, this is actually good for you--- the car and destination is taxed, the doc fee and other line items are not.
  • rick94rrick94r Posts: 5
    yatingg, I also live in Westchester NY and will be shopping for an EX V6 soon. Please keep us informed.
  • yatinggyatingg Posts: 4
    Just FYI, I live in Orange County, California. I will make sure they fax me the invoice with all the expected costs. Anyone else with opinions or suggestions, welcome. Thanks all!
  • jack47jack47 Posts: 312
    Take ten minuters and stop in at the dealer that has the lowest bid (or next lowest bid if they are closer to you)and say .... something like...OK, here's my check...give me the keys.

You'll soon find out if they are serious and/or honest.
    That much below invoice sounds fishy to me. Is this a demo with some miles on it? Otherwise, beware the notorious "doc fee" where dealers try to screw us and hide their profit.