Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• viktervikter Posts: 2
    Purchased August 16,2008 from Russell & Smith Honda in Houston TX

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 without Navi (no additional accessories)

MSRP $28,730
    Price $25,339.82
    Sales Tax $1,583.74
    Dealer Inventory Tax $53.39
    Inspection and Title Fee $56.75
    License Fee $72.30
    Documentary Fee $50.00
    Drive Out $27,156.00

I showed the dealer a printout of the Honda Care extended warranties on https://www.myhondawarranty.com They offer 8 years / 120,000 miles extended warranty with $0 deductible for $995. The dealer refused to match it stating that $995 is the dealer's cost. The dealer offered it for $1095 and I offered to split the difference. I ended up buying this for an additional $1045. Honda Warranty code is D82.

I prepared by reading this forum and so here is my contribution back to this forum. I encourage everyone who beleives that they negotiated a better deal because of this forum to please post the final sale price, taxes, fees, and drive out price. Good Luck on buying your next car!
  • dale19dale19 Posts: 2
    Sorry.

08 Accord LX sedan: 19,815
    08 Accord EX sedan: 22,255
    The prices are before TTL. I'm in Missouri. Do you think they are good deals? Thanks.
  • rambo007rambo007 Posts: 23
    Its from Union Honda, Wilmington, DE which is very close though I live in PA.
  • I've been driving a '97 Infiniti I30. I got an internet quote on an '08 for $24355 + $670. I could have purchased the '08 and as soon as I drove it off the lot, I'd have a one year old car. If I'm going to have it for another 10 years, I want the pleasure of driving a new car for at least the first year. I decided I was going to buy a car in June but I wanted a new model.

It may not make sense, I admit it is an emotional thing, but as I said, I was not after the lowest price. The loaner car thing was only $99 and I listed it in case someone was adding up the numbers. I just posted for folks that might be looking at '09's.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that will make better deals. I just decided what I was willing to pay to get what I wanted now, made an offer and bought the car. I can now enjoy driving what I wanted- totally emotional- not economic based, I'll admit.
  • spg3spg3 Posts: 1
    mvperez4jesus:

Regarding your LX-P prices (post 21811): are your quotes for AT or MT? 2008 or 2009?

Thank you in advance.
  • All automatic, and like i said, anyone should be able to get better prices, as the trims and colors available for the 08 are limited by the dealers, is the end of the month and another quater, so they need those cars out of the lot ASAP
  • I am going to a dealership today and didn't know what was a reasonable amount to pay for the lx or lxp. The dealership said they have 18 of these cars.

Should I go with the 2008 or 2009? Aren't they basically the same?

This is my first post and I've never bought a Honda so I'm not exactly sure what I should do to get the best car for the best price.

Thanks,

Michelle in Tx
  • csr67csr67 Posts: 58
    Michelle,

Personally, I would never set foot into a dealership without having first obtained an internet "quick quote" from several dealers. That way you'll know what your price is without all the back/forth games, and it's highly likely that you won't be able to beat the internet offered price. No difference between the 08 and 09 Accords. If you're ok having an 08, you'll save about $1k and have better Honda finance offerings as well. For the v6 I bought last week, they had 0.9% on 08's only...Rates on the 4 cyl will be higher.
  • Thank you for the info. I'm ok with the 2008 because I will use it as my work car. I travel about 100 miles a day round trip. I am just looking for a car that is reliable and will last me for at least 200,000 miles.

I will email several dealerships in my area for prices. Do they actually give you amounts via email?

Again, thanks for your help. I was pretty much clueless! :)
  • Great, thank you!
  • Anyone in San Jose, CA area,
    looking for a 2008 Accord EX-L prefer V6,
    I would like to know what is a good price to pay ?
    I will email several dealerships in my area for prices. Do they actually give you amounts via email?

Absolutley! I emailed six area dealerships, and got quotes back quickly, often within the hour. Just be careful to compare apples/apples. Make sure that their quote includes the destination charge. They will all start calling you to follow-up, but just say you've decided on something else. The price they give you should be the car plus destination. The other tax, title, license fees should be the same for all dealers. I found my best price, picked the dealer, did the test drive and was done. No stress, no games, no B.S.
  • honda00honda00 Posts: 29
    Macro,

I get what you are saying. I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm driving a 2000 accord and almost pulled the trigger on an 08 this week. I changed my mind and decided to wait for a 2009. I too keep my cars for 8 plus years and didn't feel like buying a new 08 and then knowing 2 weeks later my car is already considered a year old.

The only difference with me is I'm going to wait to buy the 09 until I can get it for around invoice price.

Part of the extra $$ you paid now for a 2009 you will get back on the back end when you can sell it for more than an 08.
  • sactownsactown Posts: 5
    Thanks for the info on Elk Grove Honda. I went through their internet department and was quoted $23,700 for the same car (Accord EX-L 4 cylindar sedan). But they don't have my color. The info on an 09 at invoice was helpful.
  • dazz87dazz87 Posts: 19
    so youre telling me 4 yrs from now if I want to sell my 09 I will get 3k more then a 08? the 3k (invoice and fin %). The only different between the 09 vs 08 is horsepower, which is 3. The 09 and 08 both look the same. I believe you may get $1000 - $1,500 more if you sell a 09 vs an 08. I was going to wait for the 09 but after doing the math I ended up saving 3k on my 08
    You're spot on for your evaluation of the buy 08 or 09.... If you keep the car for a while, it will have little if any affect on the resale. Buy the 08 now, save a bundle compared to an 09, and it will always be a "low mileage" 08 compared to a higher mileage 09.
  • I good one quote of ACCORD EX-L 4 CYL. factory equipped
    08 EX-L 22,750 ,
    09 EX-L 23,250
    The dealer told me OTD price for both are all around 24,500. My tax rate is 6%

It's my best deal so far. All the ohter quote are all 1000 higher for 08 model and 3000 more for 09.

I think it's a great deal if I go get a 09, isn't ? :lemon:
  • al63017al63017 Posts: 149
    I have always bought the current year when buying this late in the year that way I have a real low mileage 08 instead of a no body wants my 30,000 miles more car than anybody else has 09. I drive alot and that may make a difference.
  • kseshadrkseshadr Posts: 24
    All,

Can someone quote prices for '08 EXs in the DC area?

Are prices being quoted below "invoice" per Edmunds?

Thanks,
  • kseshadrkseshadr Posts: 24
    Can 08 Accords be bought for below invoice?
    Can 08 Accords be bought for below invoice?

Heck yes!! The 08's are going for well below the Edmunds TMV and invoice prices. Got my 08 EXL v6 for $1231 under invoice last week. Here's a comparison 2008 Accord Sedan EXL v6 w/o Navi.

MSRP: $28,730
    Edmunds TMV: $27,048
    Invoice: $26,086

My price on 8/22: $24,855.
    $24,855 before TTL?
    Yes, $24,855 includes destination but not TTL. This was my best price obtained from emailing the internet depts. at several So. CA Dealers.
    thats a good deal. I ended up getting my V6 coupe from Hardin in Socal for $25,300 include destination but without TTL.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    "thats a good deal. I ended up getting my V6 coupe from Hardin in Socal for $25,300 include destination but without TTL."

Good deal....The cheapest I know of for a 08 V6 Coupe is $25,715 OTD.
  • mfbonomfbono Posts: 48
    Bought mine today for $25300 plus $399 for Doc fees, 1st Oil change, Inspection Sticker. Overall good experience with Autofair Honda in Manchester,NH.
    Had a good salesman and didn't get pressured by the finance guy. Got the 2.9% rate for 60 months. Didn't buy any extras. May look into the warranty offered at myhondawarranty.com, seems to be decent pricing. Thanks to all here for the information. Good deals available, enjoy.
    jb turner my OTD price was $27,700. The 25,300 I paid was car price and destination fee. But $25,715 is OTD is a pretty amazing deal.
    "Good deal....The cheapest I know of for a 08 V6 Coupe is $25,715 OTD. "

My price of 24,855 was for a Sedan.
  • mfbonomfbono Posts: 48
    Mine was a 4dr Sedan, Black w Ivory Leather.
    Nice choice in color, mine's the same! Tomorrow it'll be clayed and then coated with multiple coats of Zaino polish to shine like a mirror.....