Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• "Well i got a brand new accord EX-L v6 for 25k! The tag was 30k but i bargained real hard!!"

That is about 1100 cheaper than the best OTD price for an EX-L V6... you did well indeed.
  • My customer just left in his new 2009 Accord EXL V6 financing $22500.00 OTD.
  • Very good... Dont think Luther Hopkins would go that low for me.
  • can u pl tell me the dealer who offeres 22,500 OTD? Thanks
  • tell me where, and you will have another customer very shortly.
  • jhinscjhinsc Posts: 399
    Could you post the specifics of your lease; M.F., msrp, cap costs, costs added into the lease and the terms of your lease. BTW, does dealer add the extra costs (dealers fes, etc) back into the lease when there is a $0.00 down lease, which will then be added to the cap costs over the lease term.

I'll try from memory. Money factor was.00159; MSRP $28,730; cap cost $26,101, right at invoice; costs added into lease $444 for dmv, sales tax, and dealer handling fee; 36 mo/15k miles yr. This was for an 08 model in August.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Well I guess I'd have to buy one at that price also.....smile.... ;)

Or did you forget to mention the BMW trade in......
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Posts: 2,882
    My customer just left in his new 2009 Accord EXL V6 financing $22500.00 OTD.

Being a dealer, why did you make such a bogus post? Shame on you! I don't believe you.
  • Mike it is very true. My customer did indeed finance $22500.00 OTD at 3.9%. What I did not list was his down payment which adjusted his financeable OTD to $22500.00.

I feel I have made a good point about just posting an OTD without posting all of the information. :D
    I feel I have made a good point about just posting an OTD without posting all of the information. :D

LOL, Yes you did, and an excellent one at that! THANK YOU!!!
  • Hello Everyone!

I've been reading the forums a lot, and I gotta say that there is a lot of useful information in here.

Just wanted to post the price I paid on my car.

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6M w/o Navi - $26,239 with destination (Not including taxes, title, fees, w/e else)

In your opinion, is this a good deal? Also, the dealer doesn't have the color I want, so I am forced to wait. Does anyone have stories about waiting for their car? How long it typically takes to get a car like this? Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you!
  • That's about right. We got some dealers offer around 25000~25500 for EX-L V6 back in September.
  • I'd guess that that would have been for 2008, not 2009?

What would be right price to pay at this time for 2009 - EX-L Sedan & 2009 EX-L V6 Sedan in NJ. Appreciate your insight.

Thanks!
  • inet123, In New Jersey for a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L or EX-L V6, I would go ahead and say with confidence $500 dollars under the Invoice price (including destination) listed here at Edmunds. I also believe that you can probably push for more if you do not have a Trade In. Bottom-line is this, the dealer has a certain amount of money that he absolutely needs to get on a car, and even if he sells a car for 100 dollars more than that amount, its already a good deal so there is no harm in trying. If the dealer says he can't do it, walk away, go to another dealer and offer 100 bucks more to the new guy. Thankfully in Jersey we have a bunch of Honda dealers to try this with.
  • abcnjabcnj Posts: 5
    I have a price ~ $25k for an '08 Accord Sedan EX-L w/nav I4 auto plus tax, ttl. No trade, cash deal.

Is this a good price? I'm in NJ and plan on keeping the car a long time (10yr+) so depreciation 08 vs 09 is not a concern. Sites like carsdirect are not currently showing '09 target prices and the '08 prices are gone for NJ.
  • I've been going back and forth on this with a Florida dealer. What is your opinion?

'09 LX-P $22027 for the base LX-P but it has mud guards, trunk tray, wheel locks and pinstripe (none of which I want) so together, they want $22195
    36 months/12K miles
    gross cap $22814
    cap cost redux $1807
    adj cap cost $21007
    MF=.0018
    Residual=$14400
    $249/mo+tax
    $2899 at start includes 1st, cap reduction, and $827 in "upfront charges" which I still don't fully understand. They told me the acquisition fee is $595 so I think they are just "stealing" a little profit. The $2899 probably should be $2667. Maybe the difference is the reduced dealer fee---see below.

In an earlier email, I was told the dealer fee is $399.50. In his latest email, he said I literally only pay $2899 to start the lease, though.

The Honda website says the current program for the LX, which my guy said applies to other models, too, specifically shows that the cap cost reduction is $2095. I asked why theirs was lower and was told it was the LX-P not the LX, which sounds fishy. Your thoughts?

One more thing, I received an email from another dealer today who only said that Honda just lowered the MF to "reflect 1.9% APR" which would be .00079. He didn't provide any other info and I am still waiting for clarification.
  • I went to 2 dealers, and they gave me price quote for 19700 including destinition and one gave me 19400 including destinition. is this a good price?

This is n Mass
  • FWIW, Edmunds sez the invoice is $20223 (including $670 for destination) using a Boston zipcode
  • So you work your best deal on the price of the car (not the OTD) and next you are looking at all the other fees including the "dealer fee." Is that a fixed administrative charge on all their cars or is that a matter of negotiation, too? I know some will say OTD is all that matters so who cares but I'm still curious.
  • SO u mean 19400 is good price? Should I go for it?
    Yes it is carved in stone, but dealers who spring it on the buyer not until the F&I office are pretty low. If that happens to you tell them to reduce the price by that amount as it was never disclosed to you. Here in Florida the typical dealer fee is $499 to $699 and I've walked out of deals when they surprise me with it.
  • Don't go by me..I'm just telling you one bit of info. It sounds good but the best thing to do, IMHO, is to get a breakdown of all the numbers that will go into the OTD --out the door price-- from your dealer. I'd tell him to give you his best deal and tell him you are going to shop it around. Tell him, if you find a lower price you'll be back to him to match it, if you want. Then fax or email the exact car and OTD price to a few dealers and tell them to beat it if they can.
    I'd tell him to give you his best deal and tell him you are going to shop it around.

Few dealers if any will play that game.

Tell him, if you find a lower price you'll be back to him to match it

And no dealer will believe that line.
  • You are right but it is worth a shot. Dealers know that buyers that talk to more than one dealership are less likely to accept a deal that isn't competitive. They can play all the games they want but they still have to give you a final price. If they don't, they are wasting your time. All I am saying is that the only way you can be assured of getting a decent deal is to shop around, get the lowest price and go back to the others to see if they'll do better than that. If they do, great. If they don't, you know you got the best deal you could get. That may not be the best deal they make that month but that's the one you won't beat at that time. Your choice is to accept it or to go to another model/brand and start over.
  • Just leased 2009 Accord V6 EX-L (no navi). Pearl White, woodgrain, loaded.
    $590 at signing, $398/mo at Union Park Honda in Wilmington, DE.

I have all of the figures if anyone is interested in knowing more let me know.
  • Hi,

Would you mind sending me the remaining details of the deal. I'm in the market for the same model.

Thanks.

fjerro@yahoo.com
  • Does anyone have an idea of the cost to have backup sensors installed on an '09 Accord? Also interested in having a rear headrest DVD player system installed. Leads near Delaware County, PA appreciated.
  • I am looking to buy 2009 Accord EX-L w/ Nav in bay area. Per KBB the invoice is ~28500 and MSRP is ~30800. What is a good price and what should I look for while negotiating with dealers.

Also there are some car buying companies that find best deals for me, any reviews?

Thanks
  • 2009 Accord LX-P Auto Silver

So far I have gotten $22,970 OTD including all taxes and fees.

Any opinions/feedback on this price?
  • szerszer Posts: 80
    Hi guys, finally my certificate of origin has arrived and I would like to show you guys my breakdown:

Sale Price: $27541.24
    Doc Fee: $150 (capped in IL)
    Tax(7%): $1938.37 (I am from IN)
    County Tax: $15 (cook county tax)
    IL 7-day permit: $10 (given 2 weeks though, for the price of one :P )

I am really happy with the deal given and have already given a 5 star CSI to the dealership.