Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am getting quotes for 19400 for 2009 Accrod LX-P(including destination) + TTL. Is it good deal?
  • The OTD breakdwon of a 2009 Accord EX 4DR automatic is as follows-

Sale price- $22,683 (below invoice!)
    Protection package- $384 (wheel locks, spalsh guards, trunk tray) [not all pro. packs are the same]
    Tax- $1791.96
    Registration- $232
    Doc. fee- $55
    CA tire fee- $8.75

TOTAL OTD = $25,154.71

I try to get a new car in the next two weeks. Here is the quote I got back from 1 dealer in S. California.
    Is this a good deal? I thought the protection package will be included in the price but this dealer they charge me for that. I'm looking to pay around $23,000 OTD. Is this reasonable?
  • I am keeping an eye on 2009 Honda Accord EX as well. When I tried carsdirect using zip code 92126, it gave me $22,525 for EX, 2.4, 4 Dr. , Auto. My experience with internet car shopping was that you can do much better on your own than carsdirect so I feel that you can do much better than that. Try to email about 10-20 Honda dealers in So. Cal. to see if you can get a better deal.
  • Dealers will not quote because they know you will shop their price. Are you affraid to go to the dealer? At some point you will have to go to the dealer if you want a new car.
  • When I get a lowest price amongst all the dealers I still don't know if I want to pay this price because this lowest price may not be a reasonable number.
  • You're right. Dealers will not quote the lowest price on their first attempt. I'm afraid to go to the dealer unless I have the right number to offer them back. Up till this point I don't know what number I should offer them back.
  • budhbudh Posts: 109
    Northern Delaware near PA state line, purchase agreement finalized yesterday:

Out the door price $25,000.00, which includes

Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4-cylinder automatic
    Color: Alabaster Metallic Silver with Gray Leather

Other accessories and other items to be included:

Wheel Locks
    Splash Guards (installed)
    Cargo Net (installed)
    $100 gasoline card

$25,000.00 out the door.
    Car with accessories $23,407.00
    Dealer Doc Fee $95.00
    PA Inspection/Reg Fees $180.00
    PA Tax at 6% $1,404.42
    Total out the door price $25,086.42 - $86.42 adjustment = $25,000.00 OTD
  • I just bought an '09 EX-L V6 out the door for $26,300, which includes all destination charges and fees, taxes, tags, and title. I even got the dealer to add the wood trim to the steering wheel and was able to purchase an after-market wood package at cost with free installation. It is black with the ivory leather and looks great.

When I went for a test drive I got that dealer's bottom line price. Of course the next morning I get a call and some special "incentives" just came in last night and would lower the price by $500. I told him I already had a lower quote than his new price and he immediately lowered it another $500. Then I took that price to 20 or so dealers (via email and phone) in North Carolina. Some dealers laughed at me when I asked them to beat 26,400 and told me the dealership was lying. Other said they couldn't do it. Once I got my lowest price I went back to the original dealer and asked for them to beat my lowest offer and throw in the trim package and I would buy the car immediately. It worked. I'm sure dealers hate buyers like me, but I got a car well below invoice and did not have to sacrifice anything (except my weekend!)
  • csr67csr67 Posts: 58
    I don't know who in So. CA you got your price from, but try Penske Honda in Ontario. When I got my 2008 EXL V6, they beat everyone else by a mile. I don't agree that dealers won't give quotes. I emailed 6 local dealers and got very quick replies from them all. In a big metropolitan area like LA, they know they have to give the best price right up front. At $24,855 before TTL, Penske beat them all. Good luck.
  • szerszer Posts: 80
    it will be more helpful to include more details, tax rate, financing/cash (if financing, financing rate), trade-in if any, price breakdown (like below) and etc

Sale price - (including destination)
    Tax -
    Doc fee - (any amount you paid)
    Reg Fee - (if you paid any)

It will be easier for everyone to gauge, rather than giving just a vague figures
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,913
    A reporter from a national newspaper would like to speak with consumers who have been frustrated by some manufacturers’ tendency to place safety related vehicle options into expensive packages. Have you ever wanted to equip a vehicle with specific safety features that required the purchase of an entire package? If so, please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Friday, December 12.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Good Job! I am in the market for the same model (in PA, but I like NC, so I might drive down!) and I was curious if you could provide a breakdown. The sales tax rate in particular? Thanks and enjoy the new car! :shades:
  • Here's the deal I just closed on:

2009 Accord Coupe EX-L i4 w/Navi (Polished Metal)
    All-weather mats
    Splash Guards

OTD: $27,800
  • A few weeks ago I was looking for a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navigation. I was quoted $28,400... including destination charge and added bonuses of wheel locks + splash guards (in Maryland). It was too much for my taste... even if I got them to go down further.

So I asked them to take off the navigation but everything else the same. They came back with $26,400. I thought that was pretty good, as all the dealers I was contacting weren't budging.

Today I get an email from one of the dealers saying they can give me the same car (just without navigation) for $25,900. I was surprised at such a large discount after I already got them down to what I thought was near the bottom. The woman has a few in stock.

I then went to the nearby Honda dealer that does not budge on their pricing... it's what's on the car and that's it (I honestly don't know how they stay in business). I saw the same car I was looking to buy... but it was a 4 cyl... and the price was only $50 less than what my deal is for the V6. I asked the guy if that was their bottom price and he said... well, typically it is... but there was a memo that came down this past weekend and they are now discounting cars to at or below invoice.

Makes sense to me why all of a sudden today I get the email stating the car's price dropped $500 a week later. I live in Delaware, but the dealers live in Maryland. I'll still pay the 3.75 tax in Delaware, cause that's where I'll be registering the car. So... a new 2009 Honda Accord EX-L V6 costs $25,900 which includes destination. Only thing to add to that is the 3.75 tax, tags and title.

I believe it to be a really good deal.
  • Aftermarket wood trim? I guess you didn't know that ALL Accords with Ivory interior have wood trim from the factory.

BTW, what was your selling price?
  • Approximately two months ago I purchased an 08 EX-L w/NAV in Polished Metal Metalic for $24,900 + TTL. The price included mud guards, full tank of gas, and a $25 gift certificate to the dealership's shameless accessory shop. I also received 1.9% financing from HFS for 36 months. I received this deal from Motorworld Honda in Wilkes-Barre, which is approximately 110 miles from me (I am from Philly). The closest price from a Philly based dealer was $25,300 from Sloane Honda in NE Philadelphia.
  • WHAT WOULD YOU OFFER???

Guys, I'm looking at a 2008 EX-Coupe, 4 cylinder with Navigation and auto transmission. It has 115 miles on it, and their asking price is $24,759. What would you guys offer?

I'm in Cary, NC, dealing with AutoPark Honda.

Thanks!!
  • Sorry if my last post was confusing.

Sale price - 26,300 OTD
    Tax - NC rate is 3%, but that was included in the 26,300
    Doc fee - $0
    Reg/Title/Tag Fee - $0

I only worked with OTD pricing, rather than start at a base number and then add taxes and fees. Much easier this way.

I got 3.9% financing.

As far as the wood trim goes, it does come on the front doors, but I also had them add the trim to the inside of the steering wheel instead of that grey plastic, which is considered an accessory. That is all the wood trim that Honda offers. That was also included in the sale price. The sales manager has someone who installs additional wood trim that is an exact match to the factory trim. I got that at cost and free install. It looks really nice with the add'l wood trim.

BrianC15: I bought the car at Crown Honda in Greensboro, NC
  • Hi, just got a call on 08 LXP-Auto [Wht/Ivr] for $20900 OTD, what do you think?

Sale Price 18,375.36
    Destination 670.00
    NJ TAX @ 7% 1,333.18
    Document fee 299.00
    4 yrs Registration 254.00
    other fee 7.50
    Total OTD 20,939.04
    Down Payment 5,000.00
    Finance amount 15,939.04
    [1.9% -3yrs] 456.46
    [3.9% -5yrs] 292.82
  • Hi all,

New here and looking for some feedback. I have been given this quote (or within $100) from 3 separate dealers:

Accord EXL Sedan AT w. splash guards and paint sealant for $23,145. This price includes the destination charge. TTL is paid after the fact through the Missouri DOR, so the only other fee is the doc prep of $189, for a total of $23,334.

What do you think? I got these as internet quotes, so do you think I can get them to go lower? Anyone have luck with getting them to throw in tinting for free?
  • Excellent Deal!
  • The cap cost on my leased EX-L AT which I negotiated and took home on Saturday was about $23,000, close to your purchase offer.
  • abcnjabcnj Posts: 5
    Honda added dealer cash on 12/8 for Accords ($750) so that is why prices dropped in one week. You should be getting the full $750.

I was negotiating for an Accord and got the 750. 12/13 I bought a '09 Accord EX-L I4 auto sedan w/nav for $25,208
    plus tax and tags in NJ. Had been looking for a while and two dealers told be about cash back and dropped their price by $600. Another dealer I bought from last year told me the cash back was really $750, they beat the next best price by $500.
  • dc65dc65 Posts: 1
    i have an accord 04 and it is fantastic. i want an 08, the white EXL model, but i need to know if anyone can compare these for me. my 04 rides so smooth and is just a super overall car. i like the look of the new ones and a couple of the features, but last time i had a car i loved and traded it for the newer model it was not as satisfying.
  • The dealer cash as of 12/8 is good to know. I bought a car on 12/1 and intend to take deliver on it on 1/2/09. I'm pretty sure I always have the right negate the purchase, but it probably makes more sense to just ask for the 750$....is there anything that you are aware of that would preclude me from getting the 750 off when I pick up the car on 1/2/09 if I bring it up now?

I appreciate your thoughts on it.
  • Hello chiro2007,
    Was that $28,400 for the Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navigation OTD? Or without TTL?
    I'm in the market for that car and live in MD. It's interesting that you mention you are from Delaware because a friend of mine suggested I try shopping for an Accord there for the low taxes (MD sales tax is 6%).

You mean there are no Honda dealers in your state?
  • jvolljvoll Posts: 3
    First offers in Greenville, SC:

$23,700 OTD $24,500-ish.
    $23,500 from second dealer.

comparing the Accord to the Camry, $3,000 less then the Accord for the same package. told the salesman i'm not paying $3,000 more dollars for a different dash board, he responded with "well maybe there will be some rebates later in the month." will keep you posted.
    $23,300 inc destination is a decent price for '09 Accord sedan EX-L I4 AT.
    If you saw $3,000 lower for a Camry, you're not comparing apples to apples, not even close.
    simplecarguy,
    I'm not sure how the Jan delivery would work out in getting the $750. I guess it might depend on whether you could walk away from the deal now (or if everything is finalized and you have no out). From what I've seen in the past, Honda usually offers dealer cash until a few days into the next month. I would approach the dealer now rather than later. If you are stuck with the deal, you might be able to get some accessories for free or something like that negotiated in. I'm looking at backup sensors and such, which aren't cheap. Hope you can get the cash.
  • You aree not comparing comparably equipped cars, but a stripped down Camry vs. a fully equipped Honda.