Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• so the price i got for the blue accord seems to be pretty fair i believe than and it being an EX model NOTTT an ex-l i feel like people are saying they got the ex-l tri for like 26 thousanmd out the door might as well get the ex-l....and i went to my dealer the honda accord ex trim automatic costing me about 24000 with spoiler and ima find out how low they go without the spoiler shud be another 4-500 knock down...so reasonable price i believe than???
  • http://www.edmunds.com/new/2009/honda/accord/101047636/prices.html

this is what i getting from edmunds....i heard people say that the msrp proice is the price you shud be really raking out the door and im actually gettting the coupe ex trim for 24000 a lil below msrp???? any suggestions how what i shud be really paying for this car???
  • oh and if anyone can give me tips on how to get them to go lower than the price like good bargaining skills or so....and the invioce says 22,052 or something like that and people say start at 21000 and than let them add the tax and everything on top of it.
  • would you give me some pointers on what i should pay for the ex coupe blue and black interior? they are giving me a price of 24000 out the door but stilll wanna see if i can do better.??? give me some pointers on how to make them go lower as well... thanks for the help
  • Start by getting the invoice number on your car (including destination). Honda is providing $1000 dealer cash back plus some level of holdback.

Tell you want $1500 under invoice and start there. Don't pay more than $1000 under invoice - they are likely still getting $500+ at that level
  • The Belize Blue V6 Coupe is very tough to find in automatic, too. I almost had one in December, but someone else snapped it up before I had a down payment (and before my test drive, which is why I was slightly hesitant.) Ended up getting the Grey/Black, which looks pretty damn good...
  • djconner

Nice car! The polished metal metallic is great - I was really torn between it and the blue. The car really looks different in each color - I think the lines show best on your color. I just got hooked on the blue :)
  • Accords are selling well compared to other cars. I bought an Accord for 17811 out the door today!
  • Your price comment is worthless. What year, model, engine, transmission, car price, add on options, taxes, fees were involved?
  • jwmsjwms Posts: 6
    Here is a breakdown of our purchase

vehicle = 24980
    Processing fee = 100
    Tax = 752
    Registration = 66
    Title = 10

Total OTD = 25913

Thanks for all the info I recieved from this board prior to purchasing. I learned alot.
  • i just purchased my car yesterday

2009 honda accord coupe EX model
    here was the breakdown

$22,000 invioce with destination fee included
    $145 for DMV (b.c im trasnferring my plates)
    $60 for processing fee
    (8.365 tax NEW YORK) $1840

$24,045 OUT THE DOOR PRICE FOR AN EX COUPE the blue one which was tough ot find

does this seeem like a good deal..????? or shud i push for lower????
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Posts: 2,882
    i just purchased my car yesterday.
    or shud i push for lower????

If you already purchased yesterday, how can you push for a lower price?
  • no i mean i just put a deposit....so i can get it back or make the check for a lil lower and pay them if they can go lower...does it seem reasonable/??? sorry about that.
  • Leasing 07 Accord 4Dr EXL-V6. Was recently advised by dealer car now worth $15,+. End of lease value $16,234. Not sure if I'm going to keep it. Miles at 24,000. In perfect condition. Color: Bronze. Although this is a reliable car, it has never "spoken" to me. No emotional attachment to this car. What would you do at end of lease? Negotiate for great deal or shop for new car deal. I've lots of time to decide. Lease ends Dec 09. :confuse:
  • if i were you id go with the new accord. and buy that one
    no i mean i just put a deposit....so i can get it back or make the check for a lil lower and pay them if they can go lower...does it seem reasonable/??? sorry about that.

To me, no it does not sound reasonable, but then I'm a man of my word. If I agree to buy something at a specific price and put down a deposit, then I would carry through with the deal.

But I understand how you feel as I had a dealer do exactly that when the 99 Honda Odyssey came out, we agreed on a price over phone and email, then the next day when I went to take delivery, they wanted more, said "We think it's going to be a hot seller", and it was, but I walked. I wouldn't give people like that my business at any price.
  • so you would want to pay lower for the 2009 coupe ex model?
  • cuz i mean epeople been telling me i got a great deal on this car...seeming that it was lower than msrp and they took it lower than invcioe as well
  • Turnersville NJ
  • Wow....that's a great price OTD
  • 2009. Model, Engine and Transmission are included in EXL and EXL V6. No options on Honda's. The model is what you get unless they are dealer installed like remote starter, etc. It was a quote so it did not include taxes and title but did include destination.
  • ee3ee3 Posts: 1
    paid 19,218 (base price and destination charge) for a total price of about $21,112 OTD for a 2009 Honda Accord LX (1/17/09)...was this a good deal?
  • I'm looking to purchase an Accord. I test drove one today and the sales person says she could not give me a firm price because I wasn't sure what I wanted exactly. It was a brand new 09 Accord EX 4 cy. for about $22,500 she said. But talked to another dealership and they have a Certified '08 with less than 2,000 miles for $21,998. The '08 comes with a 12,000 mile/1 year extended warranty with a 100,000 mile power train warranty because it's used. Which should I purchase if I should decide between the two? I know one is brand new, but the other is practically brand new and has an extended warranty. Your help is appreciated.
  • I went to the dealer today and I received a quote for a Honda Accord ex model. .. I want to know if this is a fair bargain . Your thoughts and inputs are most welcome.

2009 HONDA ACCORD EX MODEL. (automatic)
    INVOICE $21,400.00
    AFTER TAXES AND OTHER JAZZ -- out the door price $23,000.00

I did price the manual transmission too .
    2009 HONDA ACCORD EX MODEL. (Manual)
    INVOICE $20,689.00
    AFTER TAXES AND OTHER JAZZ -- out the door price $22,285.00

Please advise.
    thanks
    baba
    I am quite surprised by the number of people that post what they paid AFTER they bought and then ask if they got a good deal. They're only setting themself up to be disappointed as someone will always post that they paid less. There are so may variations between local markets.
  • Hello everyone,
    I went to the Honda dealer on Saturday and saw a brand new 2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 Automatic but no Navigation the color of the car was black on black. The salesman said that I can have the car for $24,775 including destination. The salesman said that the price was $2,000 below invoice. Is that a good price or can I do better.

Thanks,

CarBuff
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,043
    It's just semantics.. They are posting what they paid.. That's what we want.. ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• jwmsjwms Posts: 6
    The price of the car is only a piece of the deal. You have to decide if it is a good price or not based on how much (total cost) it is going to cost you to drive it off the lot.

Tell the salesman to work up a sales contract for you including all fees etc.. so that you can see what you are really paying. It is a standard sales contract/retail installment contract form. If the numbers are good for you then sign the dotted line.

And don't forget about the stuff (extended warranty, low jack installation, exterior/paint protection, etc..) that the finance person is going to try to add on. You will find this can add up to several hundred or thousands of extra $$ on top of whatever the salesperson quoted or wrote up for you.

So when you ask if it is a good price or not just make sure you are asking about the total OTD price that it is costing you to drive away.

And remember the bottom line is that it is only a good price until you take ownership. Then it depreciates 10-20% immediately. A car is not an investment. It is an expense. Buy good stuff, get your money out of it then move on.
  • kim100kim100 Posts: 10
    Hi!

I have leased a number of Honda's through the years. It's time once again. I've started discussions via internet dealers and have gotten rid of most of them as they wouldn't budge on pricing.

There is one now that is willing to work with me. I don't want to blow any deal by going too low as to be unreasonable. Our last messages were as follows:

He offered:
    Make: 2009 Honda
    Model: Accord LX 4 cylinder AUTO
    MSRP: $ 22225
    ePrice: $ 20200

I came back with:
    Could we kindly revisit the figures you had previously provided me. Since reviewing info on Edmunds.com it seems that they have been lowered.

He came back with:
    I would like to submit a second offer of $19950 including the destination fee.

I then wrote:
    I appreciate your decreasing the selling price of the car by $250. Is this the lowest amount that you can go? Especially keeping in mind the $750 marketing support.

Last e-mail from him is:
    You've asked me if that was the best I can do--what are you offering? When it comes to taking a loss for the dealership--I will absolutely go to my management team and make an offer on your behalf if I am sure there is a commitment from you.

Any thoughts on how low pricing is going in Long Island, NY? I have to get this done, yet don't want to slit my own throat!

Thanks!
    Kaley
  • Just bought a red 2006 Honda Accord EX (had everything but a navigation system) with 16000 miles for $16,750.