Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I have seen some posted the 2009 Accord EXL V6 w/o Navi (Sedan) for $25,000 included destination charge + TTL. I got the same quotes from 2 dealers (out of 10 dealers) in Southern California. Can anybody get a lower price?
    I think I wait until end of March or when the dealers and Honda manufacturer start to feel the pressure harder since most of them try to sell me at the MSRP price or above invoice price.
  • I think I wait until end of March or when the dealers and Honda manufacturer start to feel the pressure harder since most of them try to sell me at the MSRP price or above invoice price.

What are you talking about? MSRP is $29375.00, invoice is $26584.00 and factory to dealer cash on V6's is $1000.00. You're no where near MSRP, or invoice for that matter. You're well below MSRP and invoice. In fact at $25K you're well in to the hold back. :confuse:
  • this board is getting fun and exicting, since there are so many dealers and salesman are trying to manipulating the price or bias toward high price by posting high price. Last year I could get $25,000 OTD, now buyers have to pay $25,000 +TTL.
    If so, hey dealers and manufacturer, why did you jack up the price?
    Hey, postmasters, please change this forum title to "Seller pricing and sale experiences" to match with momentum here. Thank you.
  • Hi beautyt,

I am in the market for a similar car. The prices last year were for the outgoing body style, not for the new one. If you can get the same deal as last year then please do post as I dont mind having the car shipped to me from that dealer.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,847
    Got any evidence of dealers on this site posing as customers? I think all of our dealers are pretty upfront about who they are...

If you have reason to think otherwise, drop me an e-mail with a link to the post.. We don't look kindly on posers... or poseurs.. But, you'll have to show me.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• jhinscjhinsc Posts: 399
    Beautyt, mplshondadlr is correct. You won't get a better dealer by waiting - if what you are stating is true about your quote, it's one of the best prices seen on this board for the model you're seeking.
  • My new Accord EX-L w/nav (4cyl) has an MSRP of 29275. The TMV is 26742. I got mine for 26193. Also, I have saved almost 400 over dealer price by buying an xtd warranty online. My dealer is in Indy.
    FYI - I checked out Edmund's TMV for an 09 Accord EXL V6 non-Nav, and the price it gave was $24,223, incl dest for my zipcode. So depending on where you live, you can get a better deal than $25,000. Check it out. BTW, this is below invoice and I assume it includes most, if not all the holdback too. It's can't better than this unless Honda increases the current dealer cash incentive of $1,500, again, according to Edmund's.
  • Please provide your ZIP CODE :) And the incentive is $1000.00 on V6 Accords, not $1500.00

Thanks in advance for providing the information.
    zipcode = 29588. If the incentive is really $1,000 and not $1,500, then Edmund's should change their incentive information on the Accord.
  • I am buying in the next week. Just wondering what financing Honda has right now for someone with good credit??? Any Help would be great.
    Rob
  • I think you may have been looking at the incentive for the 08 V6 models; its $1500, buut the incentive on the 09 V6 models is only $1000.
  • The $24,233 TMV price from Edmunds is for the 2008 EX-L V6 sedan (non-nav); the 2009 TMV is approx $2k more.
  • s_44s_44 Posts: 3
    I am interested in buying a new accord coupe EX-L in the philadelphia area.. what is the best price possible on this car? any suggestions to bargain with the dealers? Also, anyone know any good dealerships in this area? Thanks!
  • Ok, I know the auto industry is hurting. So I'm a shocked at my problem. My wife wants a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L with a manual transmission (4 cyl) in white with tan leather interior. Honda offers this car, a local dealer says they can't find one. They searched beyond new england and said they found one on the ground in Florida. 3 weeks later no car. Today they are telling me the car hasn't been build yet. It's going to be April before we see this car. I sold my wifes car on their word it would be 3-4 weeks. Not they are talking two more months. I want to leave but the price is tough to pass up.

The sticker price: $26,125 ($25,455 base price plus $670 destination)

The dealer invoice: $23,747 ($23,077 base invoice plus $670 destination)

Less dealer hold back: $509

Dealer cost: $23,238

Max#$$#@ Honda Online price: $23,338

Less Honda to dealer incentive: $750 expries Mar 5th

Max#$$#@ Honda Online price less incentive: $22,588!

The price is too good to pass up. I've got financing along with $5500 cash down. But I want the car in that color. With a manual tranny. Any one know where I can find one? I'll pay to have it shipped.
  • DONE! I just bought a Certified Used 2008 Honda Accord EXL V6 Navigation Sedan (Silver with black leather interior), 19k miles, Certified Honda Used...$22,800 + TTL. :)

The car is rock solid, looks great, and is huge and luxurious. It feels as good as any Lexus or Acura I've ever been in. :shades:

I traded in my 2003 ML320 and they matched my Carmax appraisal from 2 weeks ago. This offered some tax savings, as I only had to pay sales tax on the difference. Fees/license etc came up to $251. I paid $2000 on a credit card to get some cash back, and wrote a personal check for the balance.

I was walked over to "finance department" to get the hard sell on the extended warranty. I was offered the Honda Care Certified Wrap Coverage, that extends the bumper to bumper warranty from 4 yrs / 48k miles (i.e. Certified Honda coverage) to 7 years / 100,000 miles ... they asked $1689! I offered $1000 and after 15 minutes of haggling, they accepted. They gave me some sob story about how they sold this to me at a loss and that they will make it up on someone else. Unfortunately, after I left, I saw on the internet that people have been getting this kind of coverage for around $600-900. Doh! :mad:

Anyways, I'm happy with the car. The peace of mind with the extended coverage should provide years of happy motoring.
  • email me...i can help
    ewarren423@gmail.com
  • tmkl1tmkl1 Posts: 10
    Boch Honda in Norwood MA has a white/beige EX-L Manual in stock as of today 2/7. The sticker price is $26,275 and the stock number is 63878. I bet Boch, the largest dealer in NE can easily meet or beat your price of $22,588.

Good Luck!
  • I'm currently in SoCali looking for a new 09 accord coupe EX blk on blk. The issue is that have a trade in...2007 Lexus IS 250 with 16,800 miles pay off at 31,500. I'm looking for a 72 month finance term to get a low monthly payment. What kind of deal can I get for what I'm looking for? Please help...
  • ckdckd Posts: 2
    I'm in the beginning stages of my purchase. I know I want the sedan EX-L with Nav. I've already received 3 email prices that varied slightly, from $25,200 - $25,500 before taxes, etc.... Where do I go from here? I don't want to go to the dealer without having the number in my head. I'm in the triangle area in NC. Any advice would be tremendously appreciated.
  • Just starting to look at prices at the ex v6 or exl. I'm in Western Michigan. I have gotten prices around $25,400 for the v6 exl and 23,500 for the v6 ex. Are these prices any good? 3 dealers have emailed me these same approx. prices. I haven't sat down with any yet. Probably buy in the next month. Also, I like the side molding. Does anyone out there have the side molding and do they like it? How about the rear deck spoiler? I haven't these seen it on a real vehicle yet....

Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Ted
  • - Shop in person at the dealership (emails are a ploy to get you in the dealership)

- Compare apples to apples.

- Get the best OTD (we ALL pay it)
  • ....what are the current incentives available on the Accord. Edmunds.com doesnt show any avialable in my area at the moment (29353.)

Been lookin extensively at the Accord EX-L manual and the Mazda6 i Touring and Grand Touring models....will be ready to pull the trigger REAL soon! Thanks in advance
  • In L.A. - an LX

Have a quote @ 21,166 OTD - 19,268 plus all the taxes, etc. Seems like a good deal, am I delusional?

If it's not, how do I get them to make it lower? I would really like to buy it at this dealer as I can walk there from my house and work.

THANKS in advance!
  • ckdckd Posts: 2
    How do you find out what the dealer holdback is? Is it always 3%?? Is it safe to assume 3% less than the dealer invoice as a starting price?
  • Ordered my 2009 Accord Coupe in early January, it was built at Marysville on 1/18 and I picked it up yesterday. Had to order to the exact car I wanted:

Coupe EX-L
    V6 and 6 Speed Manual
    Navigation System
    Belize Blue / Black

The Belize was the hard one - only four were made in January in this trim at Marysville out the 25k cars built :)

The car is absolutely perfect. The V6 is very powerful and the six speed is very precise. The Belize Blue is the most incredible blue paint I have every seen.

It took me about three minutes to figure out the Navi, XM Radio, and HVAC controls. All the reviews about the Accord's "overly complex center section" are BS IMO. The navigation system is very intuitive with the knob/pointer/mouse.

I didn't realize it had a trip computer as part of the Navi system - I had resigned myself to not having that once I decided not to get a TSX or another TL. I got 25 mpg on the combined drive home yesterday.

Paid $27.7k including destination or right at $1300 under invoice.

This is my eighth Honda and so far the best in terms style, driving, power, and features.

Here is a pix:

2009 Coupe V6 In Belize Blue
  • I was going to buy a Honda Accord in January but there were no financing special. So, thought I'd wait for the Feb specials to come out. But, nothing again.

When the bak rate is virtually non existent, and sales in the tank, you'd think that Honda would have some spectacular financing specials. Con someone explain this logic?
  • Crystalized,

Please add more info. about each entry and show us OTD = $21,166

Sale price = ?

Dealer fees = ?

CA Tax = ?

Tag Title = ?

I think you can start negotiating with sale price around $18,500

I am alos looking to get LX around OTD of $19,500 or LX-p = $20,500 :)
  • Wow, looks like a great deal. You answered most of my questions: the feeling of the shifter and the gas milage.

On the internet a dealer in Texas gave me an OTD of $28,800 (includes everything). He claims that the 28.8k is the invoice price plus all the taxes and fees. The car has the exact same specs, except without Nav. How is the Nav system btw? Good?

Was your $27.7k also OTD, including taxes?

I have another final question: did you have to pay cash to get the deal? Or did you do financing through Honda Financial Services?

Thanks for your post. It's a great help towards my quest for a 2 door Accord. And here I thought I was the only one who wanted a coupe Accord. =)
  • I can't explain it, but it is true. I have a pre-approved loan from my credit union at 4% and 3 Honda dealers have basically said they WISH they could touch that with a ten foot pole, but I'd be using the CU and not them. Go figure.