Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ups1deups1de Posts: 4
    The price includes the destination.
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    As long as the dealer doc fee is not huge, then you have a nice deal - go get it before they change their minds :D

Dennis
  • bigtigerbigtiger Posts: 3
    Thanks for your suggestion. The triple net price you mentioned is $17069, is it drive-out price? Thanks.
  • bigtigerbigtiger Posts: 3
    Thanks for your information. Actually, I don't need these oprions, I will ask the dealer to remove it or give me discount. BTW, you only pay $17300 for accord, is that drive-out price? Please let me know. Thanks.
  • No...$17,300 was the price of the car only. There was a $250 doc fee and tax on top of that.
  • ups1deups1de Posts: 4
    Dennis,

I think I may go make the deal today!

Thanks for your help so far
    EX with MT may be a SLOW mover so they gave you a sweet deal to get you to take it?

Enjoy!

Dennis
  • hostnesshostness Posts: 22
    Can you please tell me which dealer. I don't knwo how you got a $18498 price on the SE since all the dealers this past weekend told me the EX price was the same as an SE, but if you could really let me know I might buy right away.

(I'm planning to buy the SE over the EX, but if you need to choose the main things on the EX is the security system which I don't really knwo waht that does and the sunroof. The MSRP and TMV price of those two trims are about $1100-1400 difference, so if that's worth it to you, both are pretty good deals.)

Email is hostness@hotmail.com
  • 07accord07accord Posts: 4
    Went to dealers with the intention of buying EX 4Cyl, but when I drove the V6 model, it was just so much nicer and more grounded when I drive above 65 MPH! I know it wastes a bit more gas, but I will be driving mostly on highway and not city streets, so the V6 makes me very happy! I had to get the LX V6 Automatic.

According to Edmunds for Boston, MA

MSRP: $25,795
    Invoice: $23,427 includes destination fee of $595 to Boston
    TMV: $22,898

Dealer Price: $21,300
    MA Tax: 5% $1065
    Title: $50
    Reg Fee: $34.50
    Doc Prep Fee: $298

Total OTD: $22,747.50

I am pretty happy with the deal. I didn't get any accessories, nor extended warrantee, nor the "face-bra," seriously can't they come up with another name? how about "front cover" or "nose cover?"

In anycase, they gave me an outrageous APR at 7.9%, when I was hoping for something around 5%. I could have shopped for my own financing, however, most banks seem to charge another processing fee, and I know I will pay off the car much sooner than the term of the financing. They told me they would go down to 6.5% APR if I purchase an extended warrantee costing me $1600. So I said no. The 1.4% APR difference in the lifetime of the loan (66 months) will come out to about $700-$800 if my calculation is correct, and since I know they gave me a good sale price, I wasn't going to push on this APR issue, since I know I will pay this off in two years or so.

The other thing is that the $1200 cash back to dealer did not apply to the LX V6, that only applies to the EX model and perhaps other models.
    For the LX V6 the cash back to dealer was $750. This was what the dealer told me.
    I hope this clarifies this issue for some buyers reading this info on Edmunds. Different models will get different amount in dealer cash back.

So all in all, a very exhausting process, but I have to admit everyone I worked with at two different dealers before finally buying the car was much nicer, more polite, and less pushy and rude than the sales people back in Southern California where I bought a Camry and a Corolla for my family in the last few years.

Hope this help some of you buyers out there. There are not many LX V6 models left in New England, I found. But there are plenty of EX and EXL and EXL V6 so make sure you bargain like there is no tomorrow, and if they are rude to you, you can go to another dealer that have nicer people.

Good luck everyone.
  • max4goodmax4good Posts: 12
    Can anyone verify that another difference between the SE and EX model is the ABS brakes? According to Kelley Blue Book, the SE has both disc and drums while EX has all disc brakes. Currently I am shopping for either trim. Thanks.
    Why look at KBB? Honda has a web page with all this info.

In case you can't find it, it is at this link

The VP and LX have rear drum, the SE and EX have rear disc. All are ABS equipped.

The differences are also spelled out here.

Special Edition
    Adds to or replaces LX features:
    • 16" alloy wheels
    • 4-wheel disc brakes
    • Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
    • Illuminated steering wheel-mounted cruise/audio controls
    • Carbon-fiber-look interior accents

EX
    Adds to or replaces LX features, plus:
    • Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
    • Power moonroof with tilt feature
    • Security system
    • 16" alloy wheels
    • Body-colored heated power side mirrors
    • Chrome exhaust finisher
    • Air conditioning with air-filtration system
    • Premium interior accents
    • 120-watt AM/FM/6 disc in-dash CD changer audio system with 6 speakers

There you go.

Dennis
    They say:

Drive the I4 Accord, if the power seems enough then buy it. If it does not seem adequate, then drive the V-6. Don't drive the V-6 unless you feel the I4 is underpowered for you - or you will spend more money and be buying more gas.

:D

Dennis
  • he8833he8833 Posts: 52
    Ok after months of looking debating new or used etc Closed the deal tonight.

SE V6
    Purchase price 19,650
    service fee/doc fee 95.00
    temp plates 4.00 (bought the car in different state from where it will be titled hence this fee)
    Before Tax Title and Lincense 19,749 included splash guards and wheel locks.

Overall pretty happy, at the last minute had an offer from a another dealer who said he would do it fot 19,550 but never clairfied the doc/service fee. I needed to pull the trigger. Bottom line this car can be bought under 20,000 dont let dealers say otherwise. 3 of them did.

Lastly, I want to publicly thank member Dwynne he is one of the most frequent posters and his knoweledge and willingness to help is unmatched. Thank you for all your help Dennis!!! Sending emails to the internet coordinators is the way to go, drill down from their and then pick your top 2 or 3 and starting leveraging the offers against one another. Belive this car could proably be bought for 19,500 SE V6 including dest and doc fee.

If you want dealer info email me.
  • bbangbbang Posts: 10
    Edmunds shows that the invoice price of Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan is $23,427.00. However, the invoice of of Accord SE V-6 4dr Sedan is $21,755.00. How come SE is cheaper than LX? Is the data wrong?
  • blufz1blufz1 Posts: 2,045
    That is a great buy. What were the incentives on this car for your area code as shown by Edmunds here on this site? Thanks.
  • If Dennis were replying, he would direct you to the official Honda website:

LX V-6
    Adds to or replaces SE V-6 features:
    • Power moonroof with tilt feature
    • Heated power side mirrors
    • Driver's seat with 8-way power adjustment
    • Ambient console lighting

-------------

Unlike the i4 trim level, the LX-v6 has more features than the SE-v6, thus explaining the higher price.
    Congrats on the new car and you are welcome :D

Invoice is $21,754 and you paid $19,650? Yowsa, that is $2,104 under invoice. If $1,200 of that was incentive and $478.90 was hold back, that means $425.10 is MIA. So I have to assume they either made a mistake or they are getting the $1,200 plus the $750 on this car.

I hope you paid them and drove away real fast before they change their minds :confuse:

Enjoy!
    Dennis
  • blufz1blufz1 Posts: 2,045
    Right! That was the point of my previous question as the incentive in my area is only $750 on this vehicle per this site.
  • j1mbo01j1mbo01 Posts: 13
    I juat paid 20,900 for an Accord EX-L 4 cylinder in blac/black leather. This includes 1000, for my trade, a 95 corolla with 130,000 miles. Trade in could have been a little higher. But all in all im satisfied. Can someone tell me if this was a good deal or not to ease my mind. doc fee was 295, and other than that no other fees. this was in Massachusetts.
  • max4goodmax4good Posts: 12
    Thanks for the verification. I did check out the Honda website, but KBB had conflicting info so I just wanted to make sure.