Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sam011002sam011002 Posts: 8
    I believe you can still get a better price then $23,500. I would suggest sending out internet requests to about 10 dealers, and then work them against each other. I know the prices have gone up in May, but I purchased a EXL V6 for $23300 including destination in April. Good luck.
  • jlyndjlynd Posts: 4
    The best offer I have is $22,745 BEFORE tax/title/license/fees.
    Next best is $23,235 BEFORE tax/title/license/fees.
    Two others are $23,505 and $24,420...

These deals are not that great, but you can see the amount of variability for the same car in the same general area.

Can I hope for anything better, or is it time to shut down the search and see what June brings?

Also I test drove a Nissan Altima just because I am tired of Honda dealers. That is a FUN car. If I could get a decent deal on one of those I'd give it a shot.
  • ram_mdxram_mdx Posts: 13
    where did you purchase ? That is a awesome deal....
  • tinypatchtinypatch Posts: 7
    What are the typical costs for dealer documentation fees? I have a dealer that charges $298? Is this typical?
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Posts: 419
    " I test drove a Nissan Altima just because I am tired of Honda dealers. "

I suspect that they may be quite tired of you, as well.

:D
  • Hi All,

Is there going to be any good incentives from Honda on Memorial Day to buy a Honda Accord LX-P 2009 model? If yes then can you please provide the details?
  • gogosinggogosing Posts: 2
    I am looking for LX-S coupe. I have a quote $22300 OTD price almost every dealer in this area, but suddenly they give me $500 less quote from last week, so I suspect there is an additional incentives coming back this week.

Anyone heard of?
  • pacinpelopacinpelo Posts: 142
    I am attempting to get a "fair' deal on an EXL V6, but the numbers are seemingly worse May over April..

It appears, unlike other manufacturers, Honda does not have issues in moving Accords. This was confirmed by two dealers I spoke to and one was worried about a shortage of 2009 Accords coming in as Honda cut production.

Only one in the know can confirm Honda has the car sales woes .. ala Toyota, GM, Chrysler.

Plus, I see lots of Accords on the road of late.
  • ecb2ecb2 Posts: 3
    Ha. Just learned that dealers will NOT install a remote starter on a manual transmission. "Liability if the driver leaves the vehicle in first gear." I guess that makes sense, although I'm disappointed.
    Did you buy a sedan or a coupe?
    I purchased a 2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L for 22,225.00 including destination fee and documentation fees. Did I get a fair price?
  • dads4galsdads4gals Posts: 3
    That sounds like a great deal. What dealership did you get it from?
    I got it at Boch Honda in Norwood, MA.
    Matt Castrucci in Dayton, OH over the internet.

EXL-V6 sedan $23230.40 vehicle price, $250 doc fee.
  • graberggraberg Posts: 8
    Hi, wanted to verify this price was for the V6 and not the V4. I have a friend looking for the EXL-V6 sedan and lowest price quoted is $25,500 plus TTL.
  • ecb2ecb2 Posts: 3
    Was it a manual or automatic? The manual I'm looking at--and this is the best price I can find in Chicago--is 23,900.00 OTD. That's before trade-in, however.
    This was not the V6. I think you might need some magic to get that price for the V6. You should see if there are any new 2008 V6 still available because you might be able to get a great price on it. The 2008 has the exact same look.
    I purchased the automatic. The dealer I went to claims they sell the most Honda in the US. It may be that they cut the best deals. Your price seems pretty good. I would try to get some extra fees thrown in for that price and then see what you can get for the trade.
  • postmortempostmortem Posts: 15
    I agree, it is about $6000 off if it is V6 EXL. My guess is that either trade in was involved, or it was V6 EX model that costs about $2000 less than V6 EXL.
  • hondajapanhondajapan Posts: 15
    Hi,
    When did you buy your car in Atlanta. I am looking to buy Accord EXL with Nav.
    Can you e-mail me the contact person: amipurohit at gmail.com
  • teitei Posts: 1
    I really want to get price accord sedan ex-L w/ navi under 23,000OTD.
    I am living in VA. u guys think it is possible to get one?
  • gtg714cgtg714c Posts: 1
    I am looking for a 2009 Honda accord LX. Could you send me more information for your car. I thought you got a great deal. Also, I live in Atlanta, Georgia. Thanks
    It is a EXL V6. I did purchase in April. I notice that there has been some talk that this could not be correct. It is correct. It is a V6, with leather interior. The only thing it does not have is the nav. It is new, never before titled, it was not a demo. It had been a dealer trade and had 195 miles that came from transporting the car from one dealer to another. I did not make a trade in. I got it for $6000 off MSRP. Thanks
  • graberggraberg Posts: 8
    Thanks for the reply. Is there a consensus that the prices in April were better than what is being offered today?
    There was apparently a hidden $1000 that was available to dealers in April that is not available today. Last month there was also a $1000 marketing assistance. Some people have said that this amount is now $1500. So, the amount available from Honda to dealers is between $500-$1000 less. If it is the $1000 less, then a comparable price in May would be approx. $24240.
  • razduckrazduck Posts: 20
    I was wondering where can I get the best pricing for a new 2009 Honda. We are getting close to purchase time, and want the EX-L V-6 w/ Navigation 4dr Sedan in Black on Black. At this point we only want to add the wing spoiler, trunk organizer, and moon roof defelctor. We went to a couple of Honda Dealers and they are giving us loose quotes in the range of $28,000 to $29,000. I think we should be able to do better than that, any advise
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Posts: 419
    Honda did a great job selling Accords in April, but that is largely because they gave dealers an additional $1000 secret rebate on each one they sold. I am sure sales will be down this month, because that incentive expired. I suspect they will offer it again, possibly in June or July, depending what their inventory looks like.
  • beatlefredbeatlefred Posts: 14
    I have an '05 Accord EX-L (4 cyl, auto, desert mist metallic) that I bought new in October '04. Its in great condition and only has a little over 18K miles.

I was thinking about upgrading to an '06 TL (in either white or black, and prefer it to to be under 35K miles). I've never driven a TL before, so I was wondering how much of a step up it would be from the Accord I have. I guess a test drive at a local dealership here in the New York city area would show me how much I like driving it (as opposed to my only looking at them on the road and admiring how nice they look :)

Can anyone give me some idea of what a good trade-in exchange would be? What would be a reasonable price for my Accord, and a reasonable price for an '06 TL. Bottom line: what is the difference in price between them?

And which dealer in the NY area would be the best place to get a good deal on a trade-in?

Thanks,

Fred
  • la20la20 Posts: 2
    Hi There,

I live in san francisco, ca and looking to buy 2009 Accord EX-L Sedan AT trans (no navigation) this few days. I got a quote after much haggling for $21,800 (destination fee included). I just have to pay for tax and dmv fee and doc fee. Do you think this is a fair price?

Anybody can tell me if I can get lower than $21,800?
  • mcbuyermcbuyer Posts: 21
    That looks like a great price. Accord EX-L 4DR AT transmission.

Invoice = 23,935
    incentives = - 1,500
    destination = 670

total = $23,105

Has the secret dealer incentives already returned? Looks like there's a $1,300 delta between your qouted price and what is on the Edmunds website. Again, looks like a great deal. Let us know how it turns out.