Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• We signed papers...

Cash Delivered Price: 21,900

Financing: 3.9% for 60
  • player98player98 Posts: 54
    Wow *brianjandreau* that is an amazing deal. I read past post and someone else got it for this price. I have many dealers in my area (hosuton) and i told them that some people are paying $21,900 for their ex-l and it seems that they think that is not possible. Their best offer is $22,900 plus I have to pay about $400 additional for the tint and splash guards they have on it.
    For those people that got it for $21,900 how exactly did you manage that. Your price is including destination fee right? Did you guys pay any additional dealer added options (ex, tint etc)?
  • player98,

The first offer I got was for 22,900. Then, I sent that offer to a couple of other dealers, and it was Charlies Honda in Augusta, Maine that came through with the 21,900 offer.

How did I manage it??? I think it is more about the economy and the incentives that Honda is offering right now than it is about anything I did. The last several cars I've bought, I simply figured out what the dealer incentives were and sent an offer through the Internet to all the dealerships in my area. I took the lowest offer and sent that to other dealerships, being sure to say that I was planning to buy within a week or two.

We did not add any options as part of the negotiated deal because I didn't want to play games with the price of the car. I considered fog lights but than decided not to. We will add some other stuff like splash guards, but you can get a really good deal online for those types of things.
  • jim007jim007 Posts: 3
    Thanks for your help.

I choose the 2009 Accord EX Sedan with AT for $22,600 out the door in Atlanta.

3.9% for 48 months.

Looking now for either a Accord Sedan EX-L or EX-L w/ V6 for my wife and the best numbers I see are $21,800 and $23,300 both less Tag, Tax, & Title.

If anyone has any comments Please forward.

Thanks Again.
  • cman7cman7 Posts: 18
    Those are not bad prices. I live in the Atlanta area also. I am looking for a EX-L V6. Which dealership did you get that quote from ?
  • jo2sayjo2say Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I am in a market for New 2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX AT in Virginia. Can someone recommend a good dealer and What is good price to pay?
  • traindrivertraindriver Posts: 328
    Atlanta folks,
    Which dealers are you getting these prices from? Pretty good, IMO.

FWIW, my sister paid $24,000 before taxes for an EX-L I4 in Greenville, SC on New Years Day. A decent price at the time, but it looks like prices may have come down a bit since then.
  • davidl2davidl2 Posts: 4
    Paid 30,199 OTD with 0% APR 3 years finance. How did I do?
    i would have expected a better OTD. What was your sale price. you did get 0% which is really good but i think you could have done better in the price. What is the break down of your TTL and did you have any other dealer options added?
  • jim007jim007 Posts: 3
    Hennessy, however we also got a price on the same car you are interested in and they were at $26000 less tag, tax, & title

Not even in the ballpark for the Accord 4 Door EX-L V6.
  • jgreenbergjgreenberg Posts: 15
    Any comments on this deal?

Accord Coupe 4 cyl Auto EX-L without Navi. Best deal in my area so far (N.J.) is $358 (includes tax) with first month only down. Selling price of 23,096 (incl dest), allother cost/fees in cap and includes:

36 month/12K lease

MV $187.50
    Doc $199
    Tire Fee $7.5
    Bank Fee $595

How does this deal look?
  • satt2satt2 Posts: 4
    Hi, I reside in Minnesota, got an offer from one dealer for HONDA Accord Sedan EX-L 4 cylinder Automatic without Navigation @ 25,000 (out of door). Is this a good price?
  • davidl2davidl2 Posts: 4
    Sale Price was 27090. Taxes are 9.75% here so its around 2700. DMV fees just recently went up so that ran me about 500. No extras.
    i didn't think you had such high taxes (almost $1000 difference between your state taxes and my state taxes). so not bad plus 0% will save you a lot as well.
  • swts8996swts8996 Posts: 14
    I have been quoted $24,880 by a Seattle-area Honda for an EX-L V6 no nav sedan...no tax since I'm an OR resident. Dest. fee included but not TTL. Has anyone seen lower in the Seattle area? Trying to see if it's worth the time to get more quotes in Seattle or just go with a dealer here in OR which has offered ~$24,700 (lowest quote in the Portland area).

Thanks!
  • sporin71sporin71 Posts: 26
    I'm in the process of trying to trade out of my 08 LX into an 09 EX-L (both 4cyl 5 spds). I offered 22,500 which is slightly higher then the Edmunds TMV. We'll see what they come back with. If I can get my terms then I'll only raise my monthly payment by about $50.

I replace my car every 5 years and it seems that every time I do it it coincides with high loan rates and no incentives. I figured I'm a bit early in the cycle but would like to take advantage of the 3.9%-60mos. and 1500 dealer cash to upgrade my car. Plus I can keep the same snow tires, just will need to buy 16" steelies.

I'll let you know how it goes.
    Well, they aren't dealing much so I'll be sticking with the LX for a while longer.

EX-L 5spd 4cyl sedan : $24,118 includes shipping and prep.

Edmund's TMV on this car is just shy of $22.5, which is what I offered... no-go. This is a great local, Honda-only dealer. I have bought many cars from them in the past and it is the only place I would buy or service my Honda (next nearest dealer is an hour away). When I bought my LX their first offer was slightly below Edmund's TMV (Nov. 08) so I'm surprised they aren't dealing. Maybe if they had a 5spd in their inventory they would dig a bit more? Oh well.

I don't mind raising my payment $50/month, but nearly $100/month triggers my gag reflex. I guess I don't want it badly enough.
    Where did you come up with a TMV for an ex-l to be $22,500 or less.
    If that was the case I probably would not be having so much trouble negotiating an ex-l under 22,500. I think you might me talking about the EX not the ex-l. I just checked and not even the manual ex-l has a TMV that low. Although it is not impossible to try and get the ex-l for that price (some people have paid even less) you need to get your facts straight in order to negotiate more effectively.
    I just redid it and got a TMV of $22,927 .

I may have been mistaken.

Either way, I'm out. I only went into it thinking I'd be able to find a great deal but since that's not the case, I'll keep enjoying my LX for a while longer. I don't need to replace it or do anything now.
  • nashikulnashikul Posts: 3
    The price difference between a EX and a EX-L (auto transmission) is 2K based on Edmunds car pricing. I am close to negotiating a price for a EX and but am now
    thinking of going with the EX-L w/ leather seats.

How much is a reasonable increase for the upgrade from EX to EX-L?

This is in the Norther California, Bay Area region.

Thanks!
    -SP
  • bmet67bmet67 Posts: 5
    Great approach and great price. I was wondering how you insisted in no dealer add ins. The best electronic quote I got in the Dallas area is around $22,500 but after the add ins, it runs around $25K. Almost like a gimmick from the dealers...installing add ins and overpricing them. What's the trick?
  • The trick, I guess, is having several Honda dealerships within a couple of hours from each other and being upfront about going to another dealership if you don't get what you want.

If the dealership has to get the car you want from another dealership, then you are more likely, I think, to face the add ins issue. So, you are better off finding your car yourself at another dealership that you know the dealership you are working with works with (that was really convoluted, but I hope you get what I mean). This way, you know whether there are add ins to begin with.

Buying a car on the lot is always easier.
  • s0mas0ma Posts: 3
    Just got my LX-P auto for $20900 OTD. 6% tax rate.
    North Atlanta dealership.
  • maryann789maryann789 Posts: 1
    Bruce10,
    Too bad you haven't been here in a while, but that was my car . I brought a 1978 Civic to Adak to replace the beautiful 1982 Honda Prelude that I had before I got orders to Adak. In 1985 I was stationed there. Everyone told me not to bring a 'nice' car to the island. She was sort of a copper color and I have a photo with her in the background somewhere. She was very reliable and I only lost control of her once and we slid into a snowbank. One other time she got stuck because the snow was so deep that the underside didn't clear it. I sold her to my boss when I left. I'm thrilled that she still ran at that time. She was a great car and deserved a better fate than Adak, but shipping cars off island is usually not worth it. Thanks for the great story!
    MaryAnn
  • Hey guys

I got an offer from the local dealer in Little Rock, AR for a new 2009 Accord EX-L (4-cylinder) color white for $23,488 which includes everything (destination, document charges, etc.) including cargo tray, splash guards and window tint. The price doesn't include the sales tax. I have talked to another dealer here and he said he will try to beat the price. Lets see what he says tomorrow. What do you guys think?

Thanks
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Posts: 419
    You should be able to get $500 off that pretty easily, if the car is in stock.
  • xzhangxzhang Posts: 1
    Could somebody please let me know if this is a good deal? Thank you very much.
    In Baltimore, Maryland
  • sooner_chotsooner_chot Posts: 27
    If I live in TX and buy a car in OK, which state or states do I pay the sales tax? I plan on registering the car in TX.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,457
    Texas

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• algrandalgrand Posts: 3
    I'm working the local dealers in South Florida and I seem to be hovering around 24,800 OTD pricing for an 09 EX-L V6. Is anyone getting anything better ?

Thanks
    Al-