Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• i think that the invoice price the dealer told you sound about correct. i think the difference that you saw in the invoice of the dealer and the edmunds invoice is the fact that edmunds does not consider that the dealer also charge for the advertising fee. yeah it sucks but dealers pass that on to buyers.

when i got mine i also notice that the dealers had $200 over what edmunds invoice was. i thought the first dealer i went to was just trying to screw me $200 but i asked for invoice price at other dealers and they all gave me the same price. so i finally asked why it was more than edmunds and i was told it was a fee for the advertising and that they put that on the invoice.

i talked about this before and i think i asked if other people knew what their advertising fee was in their area as i wanted to find out if this is the same in all areas or different.
  • Which dealer in Sacramento did you make your deal with? I'm looking
    for an EX-L also.
  • action 378,

I bought my Accord from Valley Honda. The buying experience was smooth and easy for me as well. I didn't take any extended warranty. It took me like 4 hours to walk out from there.
  • Have you tried to find an auto loan yourself before going to dealer? I had a 3.59% for 48mons from one of federal credit unions based on my credit score. I showed it in front of sale person but they could not compete with it, so I used my own.

Be prepared on both the price and the financing, the dealer won't hurt you badly.

sdd
  • Great to hear, they sure do seem to sell alot of cars. So what model of Accord did you buy?
  • I just bought a 2009 Accord LX sedan automatic today from a dealership in Princeton, New Jersey. I paid $20,100 "out the door". This price includes all charges: NJ 7% tax, tag and (4 year) registration ($274), destination fee ($710), dealer document fee and a tire tax. I know some of these incidental fees will vary state to state/dealer to dealer. I had an offer for another Accord (same model) with another dealership for $19750 "out the door", but I passed and paid a little more for the color I wanted. I hope this information helps. Good luck on your purchase.
  • Hi, sancho_panza,

I am wondering if this price includes the $1500 dealer cash. If not, which dealer did you make your deal with? This is a great deal.
  • roy2001roy2001 Posts: 61
    Folsom Lake Honda. Ironically, I went there when C4C just started, the salesman told me that the dealer would only pay $600-$800 for my Civic so I'd better sell myself as Civic is hot on used car market. When I made an offer of $22.6k they said no way even though I had a quote for that price from Carmichael Honda.

They still have 50+ Accords last weekend. For EX-L if you don't want GPS, they ran out of white, beige and light green color (I picked). They should have black, blue, red, silver and gray. If you add $1200 they might sell you a EX-L/Navi.
  • I test drove one there. Being new, they might be more hungry. Was this an
    automatic?
    Yes automatic.
  • Picked up my 2010 EX-L i4 manual today. Paid 24900 for the car, added fog lights for 400, just under 2k in taxes, total cost after fees and taxes was 27250. My first car :) :) I am soo happy! the i4 manual definitely has plenty of power, much more than compared to the auto I test drove. I could not be happier! This was in the Denver area... Boulder to be specific.
    Congratulations! I assume you would sell it in a few years. I plan to keep it for 10 years or even more, so I don't care which model year. I picked 09 to save $3000. :)
  • hewittphewittp Posts: 14
    All, could somebody provide me with a purchase price for the above? I'm consiering the Acura TL and above Honda trim. Any help is appreciated.
  • I too am interested in purchasing the same vehicle, 2010 EX-L V6 w/Navi Sedan. Yesterday I spoke to the dealer where I purchased my last few Hondas and was told that they are trying to sell the 2010 Accords for MSRP. Obviously that is not going to get me into the showroom. Then the Internet salesman went to edmunds.com to see what others are paying. That was about $1,000-1,500 over invoice - again way more than I will pay for a Honda Accord. I'm a big fan of Honda but I'll be waiting for the '09s to get sold so the dealers are more inclined to get more aggressive on the 2010 Accords.

Also, the only incentive he said was out there was low financing, 2.9% for 60 months in my case, for the 2010 Accord. The $1,500 incentive is for the 09 Accords, and the 4-cylinders only.

So I am very interested in taking delivery of a 2010 V6 but will wait until there more of an opportunity to get a better deal. And Bluetooth + a few other features of the new Accord are why I'm willing to wait. Still somewhat apprehensive about the VCM engine but hopefully the HondaCare warranty will cover me should anything go haywire over the 5-7 years I plan on owning the car.

Philly Mike
  • Thanks, congrats to you as well! I actually plan on keeping mine 10-15 years also, but I wanted such a specific car, it was going to cost me more to get an 09 than the 2010, and the added Bluetooth in the 2010 models I will actually use a lot, so I feel it was worth the extra money.
    I got a quote of $30K (excluding TTL). Is that reasonable?
  • I'm not sure I understand your question. $20,100 is the total payment I will make for my 09 Accord LX. I am assuming the $1500 incentive is built into this final price as I am not getting any cash back or am I paying anything more. I hope this response covers your question. Based on previous Edmund threads, I think low $20K range (out the door) for the 09 Accord LX has been the norm, so I think my deal is average.

I made the deal with Honda of Princeton at 987 State Road (Route 206) Princeton, NJ 08540
  • I BOUGHT MY EX-L V-6 ABOUT A WEEK AGO IN WAYCROSS, GA. I CALLED AROUND TO JACKSONVILLE, SAVANNAH, AND HERE IN BRUNSWICK. THE BEST ANY DEALER WOULD DO WAS $800 OVER INVOICE-AND THE DOC. FEES WERE $600. THE DEALER IN SAVANNAH WANTED MSRP.

I PAID $65 OVER INVOICE---AND THE SALESMAN BROUGHT THE CAR TO MY HOME, AN HOUR DRIVE, WHERE WE SIGNED THE PAPERWORK. I PAID $27,050 FOR MY 2010, AND I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT MY BUYING EXPERIENCE. NAVIGATION ADDS ABOUT $2000 TO MSRP---CHECK THE INVOICE AT SEVERAL SITES--I FOUND DISCREPANCIES.

ANYWAY, IF WAYCROSS ISN'T TOO FAR AWAY, I RECOMMEND WALKER-JONES, ASK FOR OZZIE VALENTIN
  • Chesapeake, VA - Since there isn't much out there on the 2010 model, I thought this might help. I worked really hard on this deal. I got the 2010 Honda Accord EXL - Automatic 4 cyl. I added splash guards, pinstriping and wheel locks. My MSRP was $27,723. I purchased the car for $25,173 and with tax, title, etc. added in paid $26,500 OTD. My husband says they never lose money on a deal, but I saw in my folder that they had a loss of $243.00. I did buy a paintless ding and dent warranty with a $0 deductible for five years for $399.00 (guess they made it up there) but I have a fit when my new cars have dents and dings from inconsiderate people and would have gotten it anyway.

Also, the dealer tried to sell me a warranty for over $1,400.00 for $80,000 miles. I told him I could get an 8 year/100,000 warranty from myhondawarranty.com for $760.00. He checked it out with me there and said it appeared legit. and told me that was a great deal and suggested I get it there.

All in all, it was a great experience at Priority Honda in Chesapeake, Virginia. I love my car!
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    $27K OTD with NAVI is a very good price. Best around here 2010 EXL V6 wth NAVI OTD is $28.5K
    jb_turner, that's the best quote ever! Where are you located? I've been qouted $29.5K, without tax and docs. I want to give a low offer but not to the point of offending the dealer. Maybe I should start $27.5K!
    I can hardly believe. The best quote I got on a EX-L V6, 09 model, was 25.6k, and the same dealer gave me 22.7k on EX-L. They still has $1500 incentive on 09 Accord, but not v6 model.

27k for 2010 EX-L V6 with navigation? I just can't believe it.
  • I DIDN'T GET THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM---HOPE I DIDN'T MISLEAD ANYONE.....I JUST MEANT THAT THE NAVIGATION ADDS ABOUT $2000 TO MSRP----IF YOU CHECK THE INVOICE AND GET $65 OVER THAT FOR A QUOTE, THAT'S WHAT MY DEALER WOULD HAVE DONE FOR ME.
  • I visited the Honda dealer last night and have pretty much decided on an Accord. I currently have a 2005 Honda Pilot EX that is coming off lease and is roughly 18K miles over w/ a buy out price of $14325. My salesman (that I've previously purchased 2 other Hondas) has offered to take the Pilot on trade-in, I pay $1500 down along with a $500 Honda Loyalty Certificate that AHFC gave me when I extended the Pilot for 12 more months and I get a 2010 Accord LX-P with 15k miles per year 36 month lease for $336 per month including tax. I think that it seems to be a good deal because if I were to just turn the Pilot in, I'd have to pay $2600 in mile overage. Let me know what you think....soon. Thanks
    I am really really confused. seems you leased a Pilot, you can only buy at residule value, how can you trade in it? then you trade in it for a Accord, would you get 2 vehicles at the same time?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,211
    You can sell your leased vehicle to virtually any licensed dealer... All leased vehicles have a payoff amount, at all times during a lease.. It's just like an owned car that has a loan (from the perspective of the lessee).

Honda dealers may get an even better price on the car from Honda Finance (though other dealers won't).

Of course, in most cases, it isn't advantageous to trade... but, sometimes it works out..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Just bought a 2009 Accord EX Sedan with Automatic transmission for $20,490 + $1280 in taxes + $125 in registration fees, with 1.9% financing for 36 months.
  • Wow, this is great. Do you have any trade in or rebate?

I want to buy an Accord too. Could you post the contact information of that dealer? If possible, please send me a copy of your quote. My email is iamaltiplano@gmail.com. Thank you very much.
  • Got a quote in Central PA of $29,142. With TTL, $31,088 OTD. That's $250 over invoice. Considering there are still '09s around, this seems like a good deal to me. Thoughts?
  • slazarslazar Posts: 3
    I got a similar deal on an '09 EX: $19890 . Better buy before Nov 2. I believe that's when the manufacutere to dealer ends.