Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Based on my earlier post and the LOW BALL price quotes I see posted here are my comments.

cincyaccord the price quote you received for $19,900...

Typically, without any incentives and rebates, dealers want a profit of +/- $500. If they really have to make a few sales to reach their volume quotes they may push a few cars at cost (or at the very least make a small profit).

Now, they may even quote you a price below cost and make it up some other way. I have aslo seen quotes like this w/o Destination Fee ($710) and etc. Then, when your in the dealership they say ohhh the $19,000 was w/o destination and DOC FEE is $500 and VIN Etching FEE of $300... IF IT"S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT USUALLY IS!

cincyaccord be careful with this dealership and call in and talk to the person who quoted you this price and ask for the details.

I'll post a breakdown of the negotiated pricing in a separate post.
  • The quote sounds pretty good...I would try to get some more off. Offer them $23,000. They should take it...if not, then try to get some throw-ins - Mud flaps, truck liner, engine cover, wheel locks or even a remote starter. If they still don't accept - be prepared to walk out.
  • Accord EX Pricing

MSRP: $25,340 (w/ $710 Destination)
    Invoice: $23,042 (w/ $710 Destination)
    Cashback: $900* [x 2] on EX-L Model (this figure was doubled through Honda)
    Holdback: $461 (2% off Invoice)

Total: $20,781

* The $900 cashback was offered by Honda running from 1/5/10 - 3/1/10. Then, I believe in mid January Honda doubled this figure for existing Honda owners until 2/1/10 (Loyalty Program). What I think they have done since is offer this double discount to everyone until program ends on 3/1/10. This doubling is not published anywhere by Honda, I got from the sales persons I'm working with at two dealerships. I believe the dealerships are privy to this and don't want to share with everyone.

In addition, if you finance through American Honda Financial (AHF) the dealership will receive an additional 1% discount. For volume sales the dealerships can hit different discount tiers based on number of cars sold, i.e. 1% for 200 vehicles sold, 2% for 300 vehicles sold, and etc. (not actual figures). THESE ARE NOT DISCOUNTS DEALERSHIPS WANT TO SHARE WITH CUSTOMERS AND NOT ALL SALES PERSONS ARE PRIVY TO THIS INFORMATION.

Let's say at an absolute best they get another $600 - $800 discount their total cost will be around $20,000.
  • On EX-L and EX-L V6 I received $23,230 and $25,436, respectively. These include the destination fee ($710). There's still a little wiggle room on these prices. Regardless, these are good prices...
  • jikjik Posts: 119
    rainforest --

are you saying $900 x 2=$1800 for EX L or EX also?
  • Yes. $1,800 ($900 x 2) on 4 cylinder models and $1,500 ($750 x 2) on V6 models.
  • I am not trying to defend or advocate for this dealer, however I have been following this forum for about three weeks and have seen 2 buyers on the thread contemplate and complete deals with this dealer. That is why I contacted the dealer in the first place.....I have an email from him with OTD pricing. I visited and test drove an Ex at the dealership yesterday as I described in an earlier post...I spent 1 1/2 hours with the salesman with no pressure on his part to complete the deal that day. I decided that I will donate my trade-in to goodwill. I will be paying in cash... If anything changes, I will not purchase the car....I have walked out of dealerships before....I have a somewhat hard time figuring out what he would gain by trying to screw me...These cars are commodities, I can get the same exact one at another dealership.
    I guess we'll all only know if this is legit when I drive off in the car. I do think some factors have changed in the car buying universe lately. Isn't it possible that the $900 loyality rebate to honda owners that ended in January has been extended to the general public in February. Also, two other dealers told me if I didn't use the Honda financing, the price would be $750 less which they provided in their quote, this dealer told me If I used the financing the quoted price would be $900 more. I think the Toyota situation could also be contributing as well as the location and type of dealership (multiple brands) involved
    I guess this could be debated forever...Today I was really looking for feedback on how to handle the other dealers, so as to not "burn the bridges" if this deal doesn't work out.
    The crimp I have in moving forward right now are 12 inches of snow on the ground and a '94 Cadillac that won't start...I am still planning on Sunday.
  • i got very angry at the arrogance of some of the net sales people and fired off 10 more mails to new dealerships. after back and forth i'm down to $21,300(includes the $710 destination and $40 tag fee) i have it throw in my tax and the guy will throw in the $500 appearance package for fee and some type of gold clud for 1/2 price oil changes for free. i've qualified for the 1/9% 5 yr financing and will take there cheap money. with the throw ins i came close to cincy's $19,900 and it leads me to believe if these dealersselling 2k under invoice theres some pretty nice manufacturer kick backs we're not seeing. honda still selling well and they don't have to give them away
  • We're all talking about the dealers...Does anyone know what it actually costs Honda to make one of these beauties ? Perhaps this might shed some light on the subject....
  • Hi, two weeks ago I bought a 2010 Accord EXL for $22,864, so you have some more room. Good luck.
  • jimex10, did that include destination? What was your final OTD price and what state are you in?

I got an email offer from another dealer for $22,884 (EX-L) and $25,043 (EX-L V6)... it looked great until you read the fine print that these prices don't include destination.
  • Thank you jimex10. I just told the $23,500 quote to another dealer and asked them to beat. The salesman told me in e-mail that they want to beat it but didn't specify how lower they can offer. They asked me to go to their dealership.
  • so that just suggests $23,000 including destination would be a good deal for an EX-L? OK, I'll try to get close to it.
  • maybe it is harder to get $22,864 for an EXL in February due to the expired loyalty program. Correct me if I am wrong.
  • i've been negotiating to buy before i even test drove it.well i'm alittle disappointed to tell you the truth. first of all the car is very very noisy.i was a little shocked. the second problem is the drivers seat stinks as the bottom lumbar area seems to stick into your back.the 3rd is i was very disappointed in the acceleration..the car just didn't have the umf.the car is very big and heavy and i'm now wondering if 4 cylinder is enough. anyone else please respond to what i've seen and do you feel the seam way?
  • I've seen on the web a lot of people complain about the noise. I really want to feel how noisy it is.
  • The noise didn't bother me, but the seat was extremely hard...To the point that my rear hurt...I figure I can fabricate a temperpedic cushion of some sort until it breaks in...The noise and the seat were the major complaints cited by owners of the Accord in the Consumer Review section of Edmunds.....Maybe I'll re-read this secton... I did merge onto the highway and it appeared to accelerate OK, but over the long run, don't know. Except for the seat, I enjoyed the ride better than the Altima, Fusion, and Milan which I test drove before soliciting bids for the Accord.
    I think I'm at the point where I want to get it done (have been going at this for 3 months!), don't have dependable wheels, and nothing is perfect....
    I would definitely say to drive before you buy.
  • has anyone test drove the 4 cylinder camry?i'm sure its even worse on the acceleration as there biggest engine size is 175 hp which is smaller than the ex's. moving to a 6 cylinder defeats the purpose of buying an accord for me as i travel a lot and need good mpg.also reading and talking with some owners its pretty certain accord has a rear break wearing down problem and one can expect to have to change there pads every 12-15k miles.i'll probably still buy it as the alernatives for a 4 cylinder are no better and the price is good
  • the problem with V6 as some people has mentioned in this forum is the vibration when VCM mode is on.
    so v6 also has its own issues. no matter which car it is, there will be some pros and cons with each of them.

camry - with all the fiasco, it is no more a choice for many of us now.

altima - has a CVT transmission problem (though now nissan is giving 10 year warranty on it)

Accord - has a brake pads issue plus on top that now they too issued a recall for airbag problem on 2001 and 2002 models

we as a consumer seems to be running out of options for a nice reliable sedan.
  • Yes, that price included destination. It also included the loyalty discounts. I bought the car at Boch Honda - Norwood, MA...they sell alot of cars. When I was there, I saw 5 new owners leave with their cars in a 2 hour period. It's something to see, even in today's economy.
  • Yes, my price included the loyalty discount. If they don't budge on the price, maybe you can get some throw-ins, maybe a remote starter or something. Not sure about what the dealership looks like where you're going to, but the one I went to is very nice - they're still making money.
  • Yeah I bought my 2010 Accord Ex-l V-6 for $25,945 out the door after EVERYTHING (no extended warranty of course why do we need that's why we bought honda in the first place). Last month Honda had a couple promotions running one of which was $750 in dealer cash and another that was a loyalty program for current honda owners that was another $750 that I made the dealer take to cost for the car. Basically tell them you want to pay invoice or $100 over less the dealer cash and rebates.Make them show you the invoice to as the invoice pricing you will find on line will vary, but for my model it was roughly $26,600. They want to sell cars so if you are getting the run around from the dealer you are at call another one in town or near you and tell them what I said about paying invoice less dealer cash and rebates. Good luck to all the car is awesome! hope this helps
  • mattwus,

Which state did you purchase your ex-l v6? Thats a great deal.
    What was your final price of the vehicle itself without the tax, title, license, etc.???
    Thanks.
  • this is my final email as after 5 long days of fighting and talking tons of insults and many calling me a lair my journey has almost ended. on the 2010 honda accord ex automatic i ahve 2 dealers at $22,300 out the door including everything period. write a check for $22,300 its yours. that alos inludes free mud guards,cargo mar and pinstripes and nitrgoeng in the tires and 1/2 price oil changes ,balancing and nitrogen refills for life. all in all i think i got near cincys incredible $19,900 price. AND THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE THE LOYALTY BONUS. i would suggest usuing cincys letter to invite bidding at the end. many will not respond and say the other dealers are lieing jsut to get you in. its funny i only talked with 1 out of the 15 dealers . from what i saw honda dealers are stuffed with huge inventory. one dealer had at least 60 accors on the lot. udnerstand theres new hgue compition in the awesome sonata and car of th year focus. the sonata gets rave reviews and to be honest its 3k cheaper and it caught my attention as it has huge rebates and 100k warranty. i really don't know how car co's making money. but the moral of story is don't give up and keep plugging till you get the best price
    Who were your dealers in cincy
    who were your dealers in cincy send me mail at jk_send@yahoo.com
    meant jk_send at yahoo.com
  • That's a good price. We got the same car but an '09 for 23500 out the door which is about 20300 or 20800 before taxes. What is your tax rate over there? In my area it is 9.75%! Ouch!
    Gary
  • applepie1applepie1 Posts: 9
    edited February 2010
    I have a question to ask about the bluetooth feature in the EX-L sedan. Today I visited a dealer and he says the bluetooth HandsFreeLink is an add-on rather than a standard in the 2010 EX-L. I was surprised because I saw at Honda.com that HandsFreeLink is a standard feature for this model. The dealership lists it as an add-on for around $600. Anybody can confirm this? Thank you.
  • tex18tex18 Posts: 82
    Are all of Accord's radio XM ready? It doesn't make sense that you have to get an EX-L to get XM radio. On some Honda's its a dealer installed option.