Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• veerenveeren Posts: 64
    Congrats... thats a nice price for Dallas area...

i would have also got it at that price... but i have already purchased the car.
  • alookmanalookman Posts: 141
    edited November 2011
    Congtaulations, wish sedan looked like coupe!

It's McDavid of Frisco and I have never visited them and their offer of 2012 EXL I4 Automatic was offered for 23k by phone but I viewed it suspiciously hence I said double check.

Whereas Hargis' offer of 24.4k for EX-L @ Rusty Wallis (in Dallas/Garland, TX area) was by email for 24.4k plus add-ons plus 100k power train warranty (doubt its Honda warranty). If EX-L is at 24.4 than EX is 2200 less at invoice value and it should be around 22.2k at that dealership. If they want add-ons ask them for cost which is about $350 and 22,550 or change is doable in very slow market! Japan disaster has been unfavorable to consumers!

You may have gotten a good deal because Honda dealers dont have large inventory buildup right now and hence very little factory incentives. Once they approach 90+day old inv. and trouble accepting new allocation I would assume factory has to up their factory to dealer incentives plus dealers have holding cost. Auto Nation and Sonic mega auto groups dont discount as much because its run by bean counters who rather sell less cars but make more per car and I think mfg.'ers dont mess with their allocation.

I buy from Honda Cars of McKinney but they barely have more than 2 dozen 4 door Accords and most are LX and LX-Ps and few V6s. EX and EX-L I4 engines are the more in demand due to 190 HP engine and better value packaging. In May-June 2010 they had over 100 Accord Sedans and ready to sell EX for 22-22.5k with protection pacakage.

Best time to buy in DFW Jan. or Feb after snow and ice day.
  • Yes, I confirmed that it's a 2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-4 with Nav.
    The MSRP is like 30,525; and my price is 25,500 (not OTD) so what do guys think?? How much should I ask for that Honda?
    Thanks
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    Yes, I confirmed that it's a 2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-4 with Nav.
    The MSRP is like 30,525; and my price is 25,500 (not OTD) so what do guys think?? How much should I ask for that Honda?
    Thanks

I don't know about the price, I have not shopped Accord recently, but I think you should buy the car, and then complain to the dealer that it is not a V4 and that they deceived you, and you will possibly get a free car.

If it is indeed a V4 then you are looking at a car that will auction on collectors market for at least 100X your quoted purchase price.

Honda has not made a V4 in at least 30 years. And if they put in a V4 by mistake in a car that is supposed to have in inline 4, you are one lucky dog. Because that would mean that they are bringing back the V4 and its awesome power, and you have one of a kind vehicle.

When you pick up the car, can you post a picture of the engine bay. I am just curious how different the new V4 looks from the one in the 1983 Honda Magna. She goes from 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds.

Have you test driven this Accord? Was it fast? Did it rev to higher red line than normal Inline 4 Accord? Mine has a 12,000 RPM redline
  • alookmanalookman Posts: 141
    For EX-L 4cylinder AT 4 door sedan the 25.5k is a great price based on how high all the EXs are going for. Make sure they dont add dealer add ons and excessive document fees. In Texas its about 175-200 but they will pad it.

As for V-4 somebody is misinforming you there are only 2 type of engines offered on 4 door sedans. I-4 is 177HP on LX-SE trim level and 190 HP on EX-EXL trim level. V6 is the only other engine. Visit Honda USA for correct information. Lot of folks call I4 "V4" assuming if 6 cylinder V6 than this is cylinder is "V4" but as the previous poster has explained it correctly it's I4 for inline 4 cylinder. BTW it is more reliable than Honda's V6 and uses timing chain and not timing belt!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,676
    Maybe he's confusing that Accord with an old Simca?

Thjey did make V4 Simcas as I recall.
  • I'm looking for a new Honda accord coupe ex or ex-l, but I don't know about price. The dealer give me Ls price is 21,940, exclude tax. Totally around 23k, is someone can give me some ideas? I know my english not well :(
    I actually heard one of our salespeople ask a customer..." Did you want a V4 or a V6?"

Customers would say V4 all of the time!

I would chew up that salesman and have him for lunch.

My best negotiation tactic has been to play dumb and ask the sales guy to explain what that "VTEC thingie" is and how it works.

I have had a few sales people who knew their stuff, and the rest resorted to basically "there are hamsters in there and they spin the little hamster wheels...."

If I were a sales guy, and someone asked me about a V4 Accord, I would know right away that this person did not do his/her homework and I could sell them the brooklyn bridge as an add on to the car.

It is simple, know your stuff (do your homework) or you will pay. Works in both directions.

By the way, local dealer has a left over 2011 Accord EX V6. When I was picking up wife's car from the CR-V recall, I checked it out.

I am thinking $24,000 is a good price for a 1 year old vehicle with 10 miles on the odometer. Am I way off?
    I can't anwer your pricing question since I've been out of the business for over a year and a half.

I will say that that Accord isn't distressed merchandise. I used to get very low offers with the justification "That car is a year old"

Didn't matter. No store will lose money. They will just wait for the next shopper. I learned it's all about perception on the part of a buyer.
  • $24k appears to be a good (but not amazing) price. See http://amexnetwork.zag.com/configurator.html?makeId=2232&modelId=1087&trimId=249- 742&upfrontPricing=Y . I see a price just under $24k available in the Cleveland area. There's currently a $1,500 factory-to-dealer rebate on all '11 V6 Accords. The dealer is likely passing that along in their $24k price quote. Since you now know about that rebate, you can see that the dealer is actually selling the car to you for $269 below invoice (before the $1,500 rebate is passed along to you).

Taking that into consideration, I wouldn't say 24k is the best you could get. E-mail some dealers and ask them for their best price on an '11 Accord EX V6 and see if your dealer will match. Good luck!
  • Can anyone recommend 3 dealerships in Massachusetts with a proven record of giving Honda buyers fair prices? I am also looking for a place that is free--or almost free--from hard selling!
  • Did anybody here buy an Accord SE in Illinois ? If so, can you please state the price of the car and also OTD price and the dealership name ?

The best quote I have right now on the SE is $22,330. Any comments on the quote ?
  • Hi Vikas and Veeren,

Do you two need to pay a processing fee and down payment? Anderson now is asking me to pay a $150 processing fee and $3000 down payment.
  • I was not charged anything by Anderson Honda. No processing fee and No down payment. I called dealership and offered them $19876 and then next day picked up the car for the same price. What is the price they are quoting to you.. can you add the split up.
  • otoluvaotoluva Posts: 139
    Lundgren Honda in Auburn,MA on Rt 20 offers a pleasant haggle free shopping experience, they list their new car prices on a big wall inside the dealership ( selling price which includes factory rebates and dealer discount) and everyone pays the same price.
    I bought my Civic there 2 years ago, I was in and out in no time.
  • I am looking to buy a 2012 accord EX-L sedan with nav. What's the best price I should shoot for. I'm in Cleveland.
  • Hi Viska thanks for the response. They offered $19900+tag+tax+processing fee$150. Plus they asked for $3000 down. May I know if you have very good credit score? Mine dropped after I've been in the market for a while and dealers checked it a few time! So now Anderson gave me a quote of interest rate 5%-8%!
  • My wife is looking for an offer on 2012 Honda Accord SE in Houston area. Has anyone recently bought one? Your inputs regarding the price and dealership info will be greatly appreciated!
  • visshvissh Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Thanks Vikas... I got the same price with anderson honda. Thanks for posting here...
  • visshvissh Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Thanks Vikas... I got the same price with anderson honda. Thanks for posting here...
  • I would avoid Honda Cars of Katy. Seems like most dealership in Katy sell their cars at higher price because energy corridor folks live in Katy, and obviously oil service sector has been doing well the past few years. I had good experience with David McDavid and John Eagle Honda. Once you get a quote from one dealer, other dealership will generally match it if not beat it by $100. Accord inventory is not that high and all of them are 2012, so I would wait till year end to get a better deal.
  • veerenveeren Posts: 64
    No I did not have to pay processing.
    $24k appears to be a good (but not amazing) price. See http://amexnetwork.zag.com/configurator.html?makeId=2232&modelId=1087&trimId=249- - 742&upfrontPricing=Y . I see a price just under $24k available in the Cleveland area. There's currently a $1,500 factory-to-dealer rebate on all '11 V6 Accords. The dealer is likely passing that along in their $24k price quote. Since you now know about that rebate, you can see that the dealer is actually selling the car to you for $269 below invoice (before the $1,500 rebate is passed along to you).

Taking that into consideration, I wouldn't say 24k is the best you could get. E-mail some dealers and ask them for their best price on an '11 Accord EX V6 and see if your dealer will match. Good luck!

Thank you for your response. I am aware of the $1500 incentive from Honda (someone posted that information here a while back).

I forgot about the AMEX. When we bought my wife's CR-V, we printed the quote from AMEX, dropped it off at the dealer with our salesman, and told him, we will be back in 2 hours, after gym, to see what is their answer.

We stopped by after gym, the sales guy probably thought we were bluffing, and said they will price match if we buy right now. I gave him my credit card for the deposit. He was shocked.

I'll take AMEX print out and see what they will do.

Which reminds me of a real event that happened to us. We got one of those "test drive" invitations to get a prepaid Visa card from Mazda. We went in, and were "upped" to this young guy, probably his first week on the sales floor. We told him upfront, we are not interested in buying, and just want for him to sign off. He went to the manager and came back with: "If we sell you the car (Mazda 6) for half the sticker price, would you buy it right now?" I gave him my credit card (to his and my wife's shock). He went back to the manager. Came back out with the manager. Manager said that this was a lesson for the sales guy, to never take "no" as an answer, and that everyone has their price.

I asked him about our Mazda 6 for 50% off... manager just laughed it off. I figured, if we got it for 50% off, I could sell it on ebay or craigslist for 75% of the sticker, and still make money...
    That tactic actually works sometimes and I used it a couple of times and was successful.

I remember I once had a very flakey customer who spent about three hours on a busy Saturday looking at used cars. I finally landed him a new arrival that I knew would sell quickly.

He wanted to go home, sleep on it, consult his spiritual advisor...the usual.

I got the usual look when I suggested it wouldn't last long so I said, " why don't you offer half price and see what happens"

THAT got his attention! " OK, I'll do that!"

So, I sat him down and wrote up the deal at 50% off the sale price. I wrote " Buyer will buyu it now and will drive it home" and I had him sign that.

Then he asked me..." Do you think they will take that?"

I told him.." Of course not...we both know that, let's see what the manager says"

Of course, the sales manager laughed and took a sharpie and wrote a big question mark on my write up.

" Hey, I tried...at least you know I'm on your side!"

" Well....what WOULD he take"?

" Probably closer to the sale tag...do you mean you'll pay more?"

By this point, he really was committed to buy the car. All I needed was a commitment and I got one. Yes, he did buy the car!
  • I just bought a car from this dealer and had a TERRIBLE experience. Arrived to pick up the car and the passenger door had been dented and the paint damaged. After three hours of back and forth, the best the dealer would offer was $150 toward the repair of the car they damaged. It is going to cost me another $350 out of pocket to get it fixed. BEWARE, Dishonest dealers are out there -- and this is one of them. We took the car to two Honda autobody experts and both said there was touch-up paint, in the wrong color, on the car. So they were obviously hoping we wouldn't notice. NEVER buy a car here unless you want to be sorry.
  • I can tell you where not to go for your Honda: Cincinnati, OH -- Jeff Wyler Honda of Colerain. I just bought a car from this dealer and had a TERRIBLE experience. Arrived to pick up the car and the passenger door had been dented and the paint damaged. After three hours of back and forth, the best the dealer would offer was $150 toward the repair of the car they damaged. It is going to cost me another $350 out of pocket to get it fixed. BEWARE, Dishonest dealers are out there -- and this is one of them. We took the car to two Honda autobody experts and both said there was touch-up paint, in the wrong color, on the car. So they were obviously hoping we wouldn't notice. NEVER buy a car here unless you want to be SORRY. WE GOT SCREWED.
    edited November 2011
    I guess one post wasn't enough.

A dealer gets attacked on a public forum for something he may or may not have done.

Was this a used car? Was it sold as is?

I am NOT defending this store but one has to wonder what the other side of this story may be or if we have a disgruntled ex employee or a competitor here for the first time.

For a dealer to take a position like this on a NEW car doesn't sound right.
  • Dear isellhondas

No this wasn't a used car. It was a brand new Accord EXL with nav ordered from the FACTORY. When I brought the damage to the attention of the JEFF WYLER HONDA OF COLERAIN employees, they claimed they hadn't noticed the vehicle had been damaged within the mere three days since the car had been delivered from Marysville. They offered a mere $150 towards a repair bill that turns out will cost $500 to make perfect (as the car should have been upon delivery). So we are out $350 pure and simple. The two independent Honda autobody experts we had look at the car have told us there is touch up paint on the car. So the dealership was just hoping the could take advantage of us and they wouldn't have to do the right thing. Well, the Better Business Bureau, The Ohio Secretary of State, and the Honda Automotive Corp. Zone Manager will all be calling this dealer to find out why they would treat a formerly loyal Honda customer this way. So there's your other side of the story.
    Well, no...that's YOUR side of the story repeated.

500.00 in damage at today's body shop rates fixes very little so it can't be much damage.

But, by all means, it should be fixed and it shouldn't have been delivered like that.

Hopefully it'll be fixed to your satisfaction.
  • You can always refuse to take delivery of the "damaged" vehicle if you were not that happy, right?