Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Currently selling my 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD AT with 58,000 miles. Is $12,500 about what I should get selling on my own?

Thinking of going back to car. Looking at Accord and Kia Optima.
    Any thoughts to lead me either way?
    Might even consider Civic LX or EX.

Any pricing in NJ for each car?
  • sujansujan Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    I am from Oklahoma and got a quote from a dealership of $19K for Honda Accord LX Automatic 2012.

In Oklahoma TT&L Fee is separate, so I have to pay it separate.

I am asking to all the pros that whether accepting $19k (including documentation fee) is a good idea or not?

Thank you guys for your help.
  • ziyuluziyulu Posts: 47
    I'd say $19,000 should be a good price considering I got my 2010 Accord LX-P for $19,700 back in 2010. The difference in price between LX and LX-P is about $1,000.
  • Sadly, consumers just took a huge hit. True Car.com was posting new car prices that fit in the market place - and guess what, the general public could purchase a vehicle without a hassle for hundreds less. I bought a new 2011 Honda Accord SE last year using AMEX Zag as a service - then used the price obtained to go back to internet managers to see if they wanted to sweeten their offers. I would hop onto trueCar and noticed they did an about face and actually showed real costs - helping me lower my final price further. Two months ago, I looked at True Car and their prices were hundred of dollars less than Amex Zag.

In one of the latest auto industry papers, true car has appologized to the auto industry and promises to "be a better website "by telling about a dealers services rather than giving a real honest a goodness vehicle price. Sounds like the consumer just took in where the sun doesn't shine on this one - all for the sake of True car ensuring it receives its precious $299 to $399 finders fee it receives per car when it is sold. Sounds like a lose lose for the the consumer and a win win for the dealer and True car.

So, let your friends know don't use Truecar, use other services. If True car really wants to be fakecar or nonconsumer car, that is what they should be stuck with. Boycott them!!! So, Consumers, please boycott trueCar for the foreseeable future. Consumers finally had a fair ally in their hands, but the dealers have to make the thousands on every car or else, they'll have to shut the lights off. TrueCar is sucking up to them - and not the consumer who "pays their fee".Greed is something that has to stop. Say no to TRUECAR! If you use them now, you are paying too much! Cars.com works just as good now, if you like buying yourself.
  • Please understand that using another web based auto buying service is a personal suggestion. I suggest that consumers can learn first hand about TRUECAR's issues by reading the AUTOMOTIVE NEWS, Feb 6, 2012 edition. The article about TrueCar starts on the front page, goes to Page 3, then page 63.
  • j06j06 Posts: 90
    Low mileage... is it certified ?

I think Metro Honda, Jersey City have many certified used cars and better price than Staten Island Honda.
  • I am looking for a new car in Chicago area. Should I buy Accord LX-P or Toyota Camry (equivalent model). I am disappointed to know that Accord does not give blue-tooth as standard feature for some reason. Due to recent regulation, it is kind of must and good safety feature. Please give your advise.
  • If you want Bluetooth in your Accord, you have two options. 1) Get an EX-L level if you want it integrated or 2) have an after-market system installed such as the one from Parrot
    http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/bluetooth-hands-free-car-kits.

I'm sure that the new 2013 Accord will follow Toyota and Hyundai in having it as a standard feature. Remember that those models are new and thus have it across their entire lineup where the Accord is on the last year of the current model.

We purchased a Camry as the Accord was too too expensive at the time and we didn't need the leather and sunroof. Would have been a waste just to have bluetooth and wanted something integrated. Now I am actually enjoying the Camry more as the engine feels like it has more torque compared to the Accord.
  • Hi All, I have been trying to find out the best deal for an LX- Automatic base model sedan Honda Accord from various dealers around Dallas and here is finally where I have landed up with. 20,117 dollars drive out with tax, title, destination and handling and any kind of hidden charge included. I also got a loan approved for 5 years with zero down payment. I hope its a good deal. Please tell me what do you guys think.... Thanks!!
  • sam237sam237 Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    I know about the dealers who try to rip you off after you negotiate a deal with their add ons. But I really think the security feature must be there as an add-on right? Please let me know about this please. Thank you!!!
  • thanks for the info.with you info i am planning to buy 2012 Honda Accord .let me know dealer name Whom do u approach.give me sales man contact no
  • Please include dealer's name?
  • I am seeing multiple messages with OTD 21.5K. Please suggest me Dealers name in Chicago area and price break-up if some got these deails. Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,870
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone who bought a new Honda or Toyota within the last two months. Specifically, he’s most interested in speaking with someone who intentionally held off on buying one of these vehicles last year because the dealer did not have it in stock. If you meet this criteria, please send a brief description of your experience and your contact info to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Wednesday, February 29, 2012.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• cali92cali92 Posts: 12
    Any thoughts on if this is a good deal? I thought so but always am unsure!
    36 months/ 12 k miles a year
    coupe LX
    NJ tax 7%
    $249 a month with $1500 out of pocket, Honda gave $500 incentive
    Sticker price 24k
  • adam59adam59 Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I got a quote (OTD price) from a PA dealer for Honda Accord Sedan (Auto-transmission) EX: $23350 (after $500 promotion) today. The price might be negotiable based on my experience. Did anybody get a better OTD quote for Honda Accord EX recently? Thanks! :)
  • swenseswense Posts: 1
    Accord EX-L w/Navi lease at $295/month and $1999 down for 36 months and 12,000 miles in NJ.

How does this look?
  • ad80ad80 Posts: 2
    Getting this for 27800 + tax + licence + DMV fees. This does not include $500 off from Honda this month. Is this a competitive price or should I bargain more? I am in Northern California (Bay area).
  • ad80ad80 Posts: 2
    I finally got this for $29800 (OTD) and this includes the Honda $500 cashback on the first payment. The actual price was $27600+TTL.

I am not sure how good of the deal is it, but it is the lowest I could get from Northern California dealers.
  • 20,117 is an excellent deal, I dont know if any dealers can come to that price maybe a few hundred dollars more, what city/state are you in looking for this price I may be able to help
  • Phil123Phil123 Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    Sale price 24,200. 25,888 out the door minus the 500 first payment incentive. So I paid 25,388.
  • Really thanks to Emunds.com. I am a real person, not anyone from any commercial purpose. I just bought my brand new Honda LX. I saw the post on every forums and website. Including KKB, no one can offer me the lowest value. I am a student, I didn't qualify anything. I just paid 20100 OTD. I want everyone in California, Bay Area to know that. Don't get scam. I know many dealers and sales want to attack my post. I am very happy if the sales and dealers get angry because I hate them. Especially, the One Toyota in Oakland. What the told me is that no single dollar reductions can be talked, from a Chinese guy name Mr. Pan or Mr. Phan. I am really "thankful" to him, really "thankful". MTF, was he kidding me? OMG. Chinese scams Chinese. OMG. Now, I know why you guys have ugly preception toward our business man. Shame of us. Now, I am going to thank emund and who did the post on this forum again. Really. I thought I got a good deal. Also, I got delivery service, the car will be arrived in tomorrow. PS: Don't tell any sales that you saw my post, played fun with them.
  • ex24ex24 Posts: 1
    Just purchased my 2.4 Ex Coupe Manual Crystal Black Pearl in Beavercreek OH for 23370 OTD.
  • sshakasshaka Posts: 1
    I am thinking to buy new Honda Accord sedan LX 4 cl automatic in the next few weeks. looks like people are paying invoice or close to invoice for these cars. I am Washington DC location…Can someone help me what is good price on road including everything??? Thanks
  • boody80boody80 Posts: 10
    LX-P for 19500 and 1400$ over KKB for my trade is it a good deal?
  • reapenreapen Posts: 1
    Does anyone know of deals to be had in Houston on an Accord SE or EX-L. I'm in the market but want to pay as little as possible. Thanks in advance to everyone.
    First Texas Honda has an Accord SE listed for $20,973.
    edited April 2012
    I was just wondering if the accord 2013 will be discounted up to 5000 like 2012 model. I hate buying a car that is going to be totally redesigned in few months but Honda now is running juicy offers which are difficult to resist. Do you think if waited few months I can get 2013SE for 19999 or LX-P for 19400 or closer?
    Well, keep in mind that when the new body-style Accord comes out, it won't be discounted as heavily. For example, take a look at the 2012 Camry. You will NOT find one with alloy wheels (comparable to LX-P) for under $20,000. The Accord is due for an update as a lot of the features are outdated--for example no trip computer, no bluetooth on the LX, 5-speed transmission, etc.
    Thanks for your feedback. I think I will likely to go with the 2012 model since they are not only discounting the car but also offering me 12500 for my accord LX-P 2008 with 70k miles on it. Most Toyota dealers didn’t pay more than 11k (KBB price) I think it is good chance to have the smell of a new car. :)