Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Forgot to mention that EX-L Coupe (V6) is listed as $25,071 as dealer price without destination fee. So you have to add destination ($780)+doc fees ($385)+TTL+appearance package (floormats, splash guards, etc. $599) to get OTD price. This is call their Red Carpet sale and actually ends today at close of business (8/6/12).

Landmark Honda in Alexandria emailed me a flyer with all the Honda Red Carpet prices that expire EOB 8/6/12. We did not have to haggle to get OTD price on our LX-P at $20,700 (flyer price was $18,286 without destination).
  • Pohanka Honda

I sent out emails/online requests to dealers near me for the SE. They first came out with an higher quote, but on the 2nd email got this number. Then headed out to the dealership & closed the deal in a few hrs. I was really surprised but then I have been looking for almost 1-2 months for a new car. Got finance for 0.9%. Hope this helps
  • Sorry, I know this is the wrong place to ask a question but I will do it as the forum is very active. Is it normal to really feel the shift point from first to second and 2nd to 3rd in the 4cy AT? Mine is so harsh I find myself letting up on the gas before the shift point. I notice it the most when I am driving like an ubermiler and the rpms are low. Shifting is smooth if I drive it like I stole it and shifts are at high rpm
  • jatanjatan Posts: 92
    What year Accord and how many miles? First thing is to check the trans fluid level to make sure you're not running low. If its a newer Accord then cheap option would be to change the trans fluid, if its an older Accord then check the motor or trans mounts

Just search around online for: "(whatever year your car is) accord harsh shifting" and you'll find other complaints and hopefully a solution
  • cali15cali15 Posts: 4
    I'm still shopping for accord 2012 SE on the internet and the best offer is

20300+tax with 1.9% APR...

Will I wait more until the end of this month before labor day??

Is anybody has good deal in OC California??

Pls. give me your advice
  • bill377bill377 Posts: 7
    Harry

I got a quote and call from Pohanda Honda, Marlow heights, MD for 2012 Accord SE auto. They are giving me 20800+ tax+registration+title+doc fee. They said its their final price and not willing to negotiate either.
    Can you please share the name od sales guy at pbidude@gmail.com and when did you get your car?
    Just a double check, you got $20K OTD for 2012 Accord SE?
    Just analyzing what can be the difference between then and now? May be they have few left in stock now.....Thanks in advance.
  • piazza honda in philadelphia had the accord se for 20053, this price included destination but not ttr
  • belwah87belwah87 Posts: 15
    You might want to try Pohanka of Salisbury, MD. They had the lowest quote when we were purchasing an Odyssey a few years ago, and it was a straightforward, hassle-free purchasing experience. Not sure if it's still the same (new sales managers change the tone of a dealership), but it's worth a try.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    I have been able to get a dealer to lower their price to $19.950 on a 2012 Accord EX 5 spd manual. This price can be combined 0.9% APR for 60 months offered by Honda now.

It is like Honda is giving away free money! Even though I was planning on paying "cash" for the car, I can earn more on the money elsewhere, and take the free money from Honda.

How much low can I go? Will there be more insentives from Honda as it gets closer to the 2013 release? Labor day?
  • That's a great price. I currently have one NJ dealer quoting me 20750 OTD (everything included) for 2012 EX sedan with auto.
    Sinistermind

Great. Can you please share that dealer's name?
  • billy3554billy3554 Posts: 147
    I have purchased four Honda vehicles in the last four years in the DC area. During those purchases, I think I learned a great deal about the local Honda dealers. Some dealers stand out in good and bad ways. Criswell, Sport, and Pohanka Honda seem to be best. I found those three generally provided competive prices and a reasonably calm experience. Two dealers I advise against are College Park and Ourisman Honda, those I believe are overpriced and they seem to employ very aggressive sales approaches compared to other local dealers.
  • cali15cali15 Posts: 4
    Pls. recoomend good dealer in OC california...

My best offer is $22080 with 0.9% APR till now >.,<

Will I accept this offer?
    Pls. give me your advice
  • They made a mistake. The quote was for Civic EX. Paul Miller in West Caldwell, NJ is selling Accord EX auto for 20598. Fees are 596. Finance charge is 310. They are tacking on stuff. May as well go local for only few hundred more.
  • sam_888sam_888 Posts: 1
    Hey Fellow Members,
    Need ur help. I am going to buy a Accord EX V6 or EXL-V6 with nav in Phoenix , Arizona Area. I will highly appreciate if any one can share the Out the Door price for this vehicle and model. (including tax, registration etc). MSRP is also appreciated, i can calculated taxes myself.

Let me know if anyone got a good quote from any dealer in Phoenix/Tempe/Chandler Area.

I will also appreciate if any one from other states can also sharing their buying and negotiation experience and the prices they paid. Have a good day folks.
    Harry

Can you please share name of salesman???
    Just a double check ...it is Pohanka Honda Marlow heights, MD?/
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,432
    No... he can't... ;)

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• vkoppuvkoppu Posts: 7
    I'm also planning to buy LE or SE in the Phoenix metro area. Any inputs are greatly appreciated.
  • billy3554billy3554 Posts: 147
    What is a finance charge? Never heard of such a thing on a car loan. Sounds suspiciously like a dealer profit. I don't think Honda Finance levies a finance charge.
  • sidbsidb Posts: 26
    edited August 2012
    Bought this today for around 21200 on road (inlcuded mud guards + wheel locks) from Shockley Honda .. Is this a nice deal ?
    21200 includes 6% PA TAX, 200 Dealer Fee, 150 Tags+Fees.
  • Beware::::: This message is posted by dealer himself. The specifice car is going for way less than that. I bought one for 19900 out the door from Crisswell..Go figure
  • expmarforexpmarfor Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    I bought my Accord EX V6 a week ago in Columbus, OH and the out the door price was 25707.27. This includes the sales tax of 1622.77, doc fee of 250, title fee of 25 and registration fee of 18.50. The MSRP is 28170. The buying experience was pretty easy for me- I did everything online and once I got a quote for 23791 before sales tax and fees I went in for the test drive. From there I got my 0.9% loan and was able to drive off in my new car after 2 hours inside the dealership.
  • i talked to criswell about 3 times( 3 agents) , and they could not give me anything less than 21600 out of the door? I talked /emailed with so many dealers through emails and carwoo , and none of them gave me a price less than 21500.
  • Did you buy the SE ? If yes what price did you get it? It looks to me that there are some people on this forum , who are claiming to get such low prices , which i cant even come close to ( through the same dealers).
  • @expmarfor - Did you get a coupe? or a 4 door sedan? Also, were there any extras? Thanks...
  • It's a 4 door sedan and there were no extras.
  • I leased an SE in Phoenix area and was able to bring the price down to just below 20k including the destination charge. Let me know if you need more details.
  • Hi,
    I have e-mailed several dealers in the Philly area, and also found that Piazza seems to have the best internet prices--$20,053 for the SE. This price is higher than some quotes on this website, but I haven't gone into the dealer yet, and suspect that I can trim a little bit off of this number. Unfortunately, it seems more difficult to get a handle on lease costs. Excluding taxes and state/dealer fees, I've calculated that a 36 month, 15,000 mile/year lease should cost $205.85/month (using a $13,807 residual and .00046 money factor). However, the fees charged by dealers seem really inconsistent. For example, I received a lower quote from a dealer charging a higher price ($20,333 resulted in $452 down and $235/month with 9% tax included vs. $20,053 = $453 down and $236.31/month OTD). I have had no luck getting dealers to report their fees via internet. Does anyone have any idea what lease/registratiion fees should be expected in Pennsylvania? Thanks--this forum is the most informative website that I have come across!
  • vkoppuvkoppu Posts: 7
    I'm looking for LX or SE. Preferably buy it. But open to lease as well if the deal is good. Is that $20K before doc fee, tile and taxes? Can you please provide more details about your lease down payment, monthly premium, lease term and dealer information. Since you went through the buying process can you give some decent all inclusive buying prices for LX and SE in Phoenix area?
  • cls061cls061 Posts: 3
    I have a '99 Accord with 193,500 miles that I think is ready to be retired so I'm starting to research new Honda's. As you can see I haven't bought a car since 1999 so I know the process has changed a lot. I see a lot of the "Real Price" or "Tru Price" stuff and my question is given that price, is there still much room for negotiation? Here is an example of a car I'm looking at that is at a DFW area Honda dealer that is advertising a "True Price": 2012 Accord EX-L 2.4, It's MSRP is $28,445, with a dealer discount of $5,004 leaving a True Price of $23,441. Is there more available to come off that price?? Any information or insight would be greatly appreciated.