Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• isloverislover Posts: 32
    edited October 2012
    we didn't test drive as we had in past year - didn't think the car could get worse. price was most important to us.

this forum is about PRICING

thank you for your positive comment!

have a great day
    :)
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,576
    Well - I take that as sarcasm?
    Anyway, no offense intended.
    I just truly did not understand how all those negatives
    would not have been apparent from a test drive.
    I am also quite surprised that there would be that much
    difference between a 2011 and a 2012...
    - Ray
    I do hope the rest of the driving experience is not quite so negative for you...
  • 2013 EXL V6, metallic silver and black interior, i m getting 28600 for the car and 30600 for out the door price.
  • 30234 was the internet quote i received. The one thing that people do not figure in is the accesories that these dealerships add on. Those can be negotiated, but it will def add on the price. I have not seen any cars have no add ons. I also purchased a 7 yr 100000 warranty
  • kspjkspj Posts: 1
    We have been negotiating on a 2013 honda accord LX without additional options. The best offer that I got is 22,800. Has anyone bought a LX recently ? Can you advise me on the price .
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,925
    Sorry...but had to jump in...

"drives like total crap"

Ah...didn't you drive one before buying it?

"looks like something your grandparents would drive"

Ah...didn't you LOOK at it before you bought it?

Kinda sounds like all you cared about was the PRICE and nothing else?

Again, sorry to butt in but just curious.

P.S. I retired two years ago and therefore do not have a dog in the fight!
  • mardaymarday Posts: 4
    Why would you buy something you hate that much? If I disliked something that much I would not take it as a gift. You can't be too bright.
    Accept your loss and go get something you can live with.
    Marvin
  • zonecarzonecar Posts: 17
    Hello,

I was almost in purchasing a 2012 Toyota Camry SE base for a good deal slightly less than 23K OTD.. But had second thought about the 2013 Honda Accord for its better standard specs.
    I am located around orange county and looking for a 2013 Honda Accord Sport with auto trans.

The MSRP at 24980 and I am looking for around 3000~3500 off MSRP before tax and fees.
    Anyone has current buying experience or know when will I be able to purchase at this price?
    Compare to Camry SE I got offered about 3800~3900 off MSRP (24680), I understand the car is out for almost an year now. I can justify paying 1k~1.3k more for the Accord compare to the Camry.

If anyone could provide some info it would be great! I can wait a couple month thats no issue for me because I am planning to have a new car for 5~6 years so the decision is important.

Thanks.
    Unless things have changed since I retired there is nowhere near a 3000-3500 markup on Accords so asking a dealer to lose money probably won't work.

In fact, as I understand it, the spread between invoice and MSRP has become less than ti was before

Waiting a couple of months won't change this.

I will say that it looks like Honda has a full blown home run on their hands with the 2013 Accords!!
    edited October 2012
    I am not familiar with the Accord pricing but for Toyota Camry SE it is already possible to get 3800~4000 off MSRP price here is Socal. So definitely dealer is still making money even for under invoice price.

dinoman's post in last page said he got a 2900 off MSRP deal already so I was thinking 3000~3500 off MSRP is doable, but now its just a matter of supply and demand since the 2013 Accord just came out. Also, I understand that the Accord will always be a bit expensive than Camrys, so thats why I said i can justify 1k~1.3k more. Camry SE and Accord Sport are direct competition.

So if anyone here has purchased experience in Socal and the general idea pricing for the Accord would help a lot. Thanks you.
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,576
    From Edmunds:

EX-L V-6 4dr
    3.5L V6
    FWD 6-speed Automatic
    Invoice: $27,502
    MSRP: $30,070
  • Has anyone finance a 2013 Accord through Honda Finance? If yes, please share APR rate with your fico score (average, good, excellent etc).
    edited October 2012
    Yes, supply and demand will always determine pricing. You can pay a bit more and get the car you really want or you can "settle" for something less.

If a car is being discounted 2900.00 below MSRP there is a reason.

Also, don't believe all of the "prices paid" figures you see in forums like this. Some are for real and some.....well.....were a stretch to say the least.
  • I bought a 2012 Honda Accord EXL, I4 without Navigation for 22K + TTL which came to 24.5K OTD about 2 weeks before in Maryland. is it less than the invoice price??
  • rob_v6rob_v6 Posts: 20
    ...i got a quote at Norm reeves honda --Southern California Dealership 22645.00 for Sport and 21119.00 for the LX....if you are in southern california...I suggest that you try to get an internet quote at this dealership then tryto haggle at about 500 below the quote....but make sure you eat first before you go to the dealership and dont be afraid to walk away. rate is 4.9%
  • rob_v6rob_v6 Posts: 20
    Toyota of Orange and Miller Toyota of Anaheim will sell you the SE with msrp of 24645.00 at 22OTD, just be firm...they will give it to you.....or if you dont have time to haggle, wait for the Ad this Friday for 19995 but that is after 1000.00 college rebate, you will be looking at 20995 + ttl if yyou go with the add.....I suggest you go haggle. 1000.00 is still 1000.00, it will be a lot of back and forth and they will ask you where you get that price. tell them "if you cant give it then let me know immediately so I can try Power toyota Irvine, Irvin will have the add on Sunday only--FYI. Norm reeves Honda price for 2013 LX is 21119 and 22645 for the sport...this is from the internet department. Good luck
  • hgberkhgberk Posts: 1
    I'm in Berkeley and looking for a 4cvt exl. I've got a price from Consumer Reports of $27,179; I'm going to check out what I can get through Costco, but I'm wondering if I could get a better price haggling.
    edited October 2012
    hello rob_v6,

Thanks for the info. We were researching for the price of Camry SE for weeks and the lowest we got is 22800OTD from Tustin and Orange, do you know who you spoke to get 22k OTD? that will be a good price for the 2012 model.. almost pull the trigger but once dig more about the Accord Sport we decided to focus on Accord now.
    Will try norm reeves honda and let you know, if I can get 22145 cash price for the gray Sport CVT than might pull the trigger. Btw, did you haggle the price with them already? Or do you know who specific I can talk to get best deal?
  • faischivofaischivo Posts: 26
    edited October 2012
    Financed through honda,2.49% apr.
    What you get, will depend on your fico score.
    I'll just say mine is top tier.
    Hope you get a good rate.

Good luck and enjoy your new Honda.
  • what credit union is offering 1.5%, how many months?
  • Invoice is the lowest you should pay for 2013 accord! Crazy if you pay more. No matter what the dealer says, get up and walk out. Just tell them you can't afford it at that price. I guarantee they call you with a better price. I would come in with a price lower than invoice, they are going to negotiate up from your price! The Camry SE 4cyl are crap - have you seen the interior? check out the materials on the inside door, junk. the plastic on the front grill, bottom is flimsy and thin, will fade quick. The paint was horrible, brand new black had all kinds of little imperfections. The engine is fine, ride is ok. V6 is likely much better quality. How else do think they lowered the price by 2000 for the 2012 4cyl models! Cheap materials.
    I've seen you can buy or just get a price on hodacare warranties. apparently you can buy these online from a host of dealers, check out hyannis honda care website. Dealers hit you over the head during the finance process, not ususally mentioned in the actual deal but I could be wrong, just my experience. Good luck.
  • Penn Fed is offier 1.49% for 60 months
  • So the best price i m getting is 30500 OTD for EXL V6. They said that since i ve used their internet department, they ll send me a $100 gift card in addition.
    But they wouldnt go any lower than that so i m taking it.
  • agie95agie95 Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    Purchased the 2013 Accord EX-L last night in Dallas. Got it for $27,600 plus TTL. The breakdown was this:

Standard car + destination
    splash guards, wheel locks, cargo tray, door edge film, door cup guards, rear bumper applique, window tint (with lifetime warranty), and the pin stripe.

All that stuff was dealer installed options that they had priced at $1,896. I believe their cost/labor on it is somewhere around $800.

Overall I think I did pretty good. MSRP + destination is $26,399 plus the add-ons of $800 would be around $27,200 invoice price. :P

Oh, I got 3.35% for 60 months. Not great, but owe less than half of the car price and will pay off sooner than 60 months. My credit score is top 5% or excellent.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,178
    what dealership and city are you in tks brian

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,178
    alexa i seen on previous post you paid $28,600 w dest charge.. thats 300 above invoice in maryland. i figure i will wait till jan when the dealers have alot more 2013 accords. my target price is 800 below invoice on a exl v6

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• Looks like a very good price, taxes and all. Financing is excellent as well. You won't be able to do much better than 1.5%, though if you have anyone in your family in the military, check out USAA where I saw 1.2%. I am waiting the same car you're getting except mine will be the Coupe. Good luck!!
  • I called pentagon federal CU. If you donate 15 bucks, anyone can be a member and grab their fantastic autoloan rates 1.5% 60 months. Don't need military relative.
  • Found a great deal online for 2012 Accord EXL V6 w/Nav with only 5800 miles on it. Paid $26950-tax, title, license out the door. Great experience at Brian Bemis Honda in Sycamore, IL. Will probably be buying cars there from now on. Worth the drive for a no hassle friendly transaction.
  • Hey
    How much did you pay for the 7 year warranty on 2013 accord?
    i was quoted 1850 for 7year and 950 for 5 year. (i dont know if it matters but this was for EXL model, no nav)