Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• carsnvcarsnv Posts: 2
    Hi agie95,

Could you please let us know more details on u r purchase.
    Which dealer in Dallas
    You said " Got it for $27,600 plus TTL" Is the price included Tax and Destination fees ?
    If we want to buy without any option what will be the Price for EX-L with destination charges. Sales Tax, TLL and Document fees how much ?

Thanks,
  • Greetings:

Can you share the dealer info with me?

I'm looking to trade in my 2008 EX-L V6 for a 2012

Thanks!
  • Just got an offer from dealer $21,169 for the new accord sedan lx cvt. not sure if it is a good price. the dealer says APR would range from 2.9% and up.
  • rk4750rk4750 Posts: 5
    edited October 2012
    I was quoted 23,650 for a 2013 Accord Sedan Sport ( Auto). Is this a good price? I live near San Jose CA. Can I do any better?
    What is your location? Did you take any quote for the 2013 Accord CVT Sport?
  • mishramishra Posts: 5
    I am going to finalize this car(EXL I4 ,black/black , illuminated interior light, all season floor mat and extended 7yrs powertrain warranty) for 27600 OTD.

Any comments?
  • look up honda care online, hyannis Bob Leab. You'll get a better deAL
  • zonecarzonecar Posts: 17
    edited October 2012
    Norm reeve Honda at Cerritos, CA quote 22645 for the Accord Sport CVT, that's 1k below your quote already. We went to the dealer today to negotiate the price but they wouldn't go a penny below. (OTD 24760)
    We decided to wait till thanksgiving hoping there would be a better deal, the ideal price is that we can purchase at invoice before tax and fees of 22139 or a little above.
  • Finally pulled a trigger today.

2012 Coupe EX + fog lights and dimming mirror/w compass for $23935 OTD. 6.35% Tax.
  • 20,995 is the lowest I heard off for 2013 LX at this time of the year. I am hunting for either 2013 accord LX or Altima 2.5S in Socal and Phoenix..The Nissan dealers seem to be giing better pricing in the Phoenix metro compated to all Socal dealers, but the same couldn;t be said for the Accord.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,754
    edited October 2012
    FOLKS IF YOU BUY AT INVOICE PRICE, example: DEALERS ARE GETTING $601 on the dealer holdback MSRP ON BASE EXL V6=30,070 ,,,,PLUS 100 TO 300 dollars for there DOC fee;s and additional saving for selling a PERCENTAGE of cars. honda dealers are still making good money on a accord sale at invoice price,,,, dont be fooled.. let them know this... folks email at least 30 dealers let the internet mangers know that for invoice price you will buy your choice of 2013 accord that moment. buy buying this way you will get your best deal and you will find out the dealerships that SELL CARS, and dont sell cars... dealerships that are BS artists.. .... i usually send out 40 emails on the last couple of days of the month or at quarters end. honda has alot of competition with the new atima the sonata and optima. to many folks dont play the game . right now supply and demand factor is what is setting the price . if you cant get your target price wait till, jan,, 2013 when the dealerships have 75 accords on there lots. do you think they wont to lose 900 to 1000 dollars for a quick sale selling at invoice??.. if your a good negotiator you could knock off the doc fee;s THERE WAS ONE POST IN HERE FOR 300 ABOVE INVOICE. invoice or close to invoice on a 2013 accord is doable right now Dont be suckerd.... send out those emails but the key to doing it is letting the dealerships know your buying that moment. . tell dealership if you agree on a price to fax you the buyers order with car of your choice color etc. that is a legal document so once you sign it fax back with a refundable credit card deposit of a minimal amount..... you just made a easy non stressful car buying experience. this has never failed for me in over 30 yrs.. one other point ALWAYS post what dealership and city you dealt with.. tell the forum if they were good , honest, and fair this is our consumer buying forum ... hope this helps the new car buyers.... good luck.... Brian

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,744
    Whew! Sometimes I actually miss the car business but then I read a post like the one above and I just SMILE!!
  • lwb23lwb23 Posts: 3
    Although supply is low here in Florida, dealers will still deal if you press them. We purchased a 2013 Accord EXL V6 Albaster Silver with Gray Leather yesterday for $4300 of dealer invoice plus they gave us $850 in additional options (tinted windows, trunkmat, rear wing spoiler, wheel locks). Total out the door was under $30k.
    edited October 2012
    How do you buy in Phoenix AZ and get it to SoCal? Don't you have to pay tax again? I wanted to do the same buy in Reno NV and get it to NorCal. I wasn't sure if that would be a hassle.
    rk you could fly or drive there and pick up car if its cheap enough.... 2- have it flatbedded to your state but you would have to check pricing on that. 3- ask the dealer if he could re route one to a dealership that is near your area. i purchased a 2003 honda pilot in ohio on line and Hidy Honda had it re routed to a dealership in queens new york for me. i think if my memory is correct 500 dollars to have it flatbeded to new york. your sales tax is only paid once.. the out of state dealership will take out your state tax. ask the az dealership how much he would charge you to flatbed the vehicle to your area. good luck

• fxguyfxguy Posts: 132
    This cannot be true. No way are you paying $4300 off dealer invoice. Maybe off MSRP of the car plus inflated crap that they charged you $850 for but no way are you getting $4300 off invoice. You sure you did not neglect to tell us about your trade in?
  • Looks like Brian125 has posted a repsonse to this question. I was under the impression regardless of where you buy, the taxes are calculated based on which county/zip one belongs to. As long as the cost of transit, driving and addig the miles or shipping still justifies the cost difference.

Also the key thing is to make sure the price negotiated is indeed put on paper/email and agreed upon. Obviously one wouldn't travel untilthe total out of the door number is furnished. I am waiting to see the final numbers.
    edited October 2012
    Alot of people confuse Msrp w/ Invoice.. there is no way on Gods green Earth you can buy a 2013 for $ 4300 below invoice.. UNLESS THIS NEW ACCORD HAS 3 WHEELS.....LOL mwaugh post above is very true if your buying out of state make sure you have a signed buyers order before transporting or traveling to pick up vehicle.. how much could you be saving at this point? i'm sure alot of honda dealers are not going to do invoice at this time.. honda is famous for that..

• Wow thats amazing difference!!! Thanks! The prices are like half of what they are at the dealer!!!
    "honda is famous for that"

So....if you were a dealer and you had a hot new product where you could actually make a few bucks, would you cheap sell that product?

I hope not!
  • When people say a good deal is buying a car at dealer's invoice- is that with tax and fees or without?
  • You are spot on..Accord and Camrys hold their value and are hot products indeed! I wouldn't expect manufacturers or dealers to give any slack. The Accord with its new redesign for 2013 is going to knock off Camry as teh number 1 car. They are the only ones I know off that provide rear view camera on the base midel
  • hondaccord09hondaccord09 Posts: 14
    edited October 2012
    Anyone here who tells you that they bought a 2013 Honda Accord for $4300 below the dealer invoice's price is a LIAR. May no mistake I am very anti dealer when it comes to buying a new car. However, I do believe that you can get that price near the end of 2013.
    MR HONDA SALESMAN. the new Altima is probably just as good a buy as the Accord, better gas mpg, quieter inside and handles better,, but that is not my call. i think the game has left you many a years now. people are buying the new altima for 1000 below invoice some folks have posted up to 1500 below invoice excluding any rebates.. Honda dealers are known to pull these tactictics. i no from experience.. honda always thinks they have a hot new product. this is america.... honda dealerships should try and make as much as they can,, and me as the consumer want to buy there vehicles for the cheapest. your a retired honda salesman the game has changed over the years . my point of views and my 2 cents are to help the consumers in this forum. maybe you should be in in the retired car salesman forums. sorry to sound like this. been buying new cars over 30 yrs i think i seen and learned many of the tricks over the years.

• s2013s2013 Posts: 3
    I got a quote for $25,325 drive out price here in Houston.
    So, buy an Altima!

Cars sell for what the MARKET dictates. Nothing wron with Altimas, they are great cars but they have never held the resale values of Accords or Camrys.

Whe cars are deeply discounted it's because this is what they HAVE TO DO in order to sell them.

Actually, as used cars, Altimas are a LOT of car for the money because they depreciate so quickly. A two year old Altima will sell at auction for thousands less than an Accord or Camry.

And, I may be retired but I still try to keep up with things.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Right on Isell! I'm amazed by the people who post on here posing as experts. Youve always given great advice and used correct grammar and spelling
    Bill G
  • s2013s2013 Posts: 3
    I got a better quote from another dealer OTD price of $25,180 including tint, nitro, wheel locks, trunk tray and mud guards. What do yall think?
  • jay232jay232 Posts: 1
    Can you please post the name of the dealer and salesman where you got the quote of OTD of $25,180 in houston from? I am in houston area looking for a Accord Sports as well.
    I agree with you 100 % on your asssesment on Nissans .. My thoughts on the Honda Accord along with several past car reviews ie; edmunds, consumers, and kellys the last couple of years Honda has let the competition slip by them.. I think they are now back on top with new design , nicer cabin and innovative tech. this new Accord stacks up nicely to the Hyundia Genesis with its new design and tech features for 12k less.. they look very similar .. This is going to hurt hyundia genesis sales until the 2014 redesign Genesis and 10 speed trany comes standard on this higher end vechicle.