Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bug4bug4 Posts: 370
    7435 - nice work on the new EX-L v6 Accord! Nice car and it looks like a great price for the Denver area -- less than I paid! I'll honk when I see you on I-25 :P
  • I bought a 2008 Accord EX-L for $24,000 from Sussman Honda, Willow Grove, PA, which is a suburb of Phila. About a 2 hour drive and 100 miles from Baltimore, MD.
  • km283km283 Posts: 5
    caddyman - Could you please confirm if this was the OTD price or the base sale price? I mean does this include all the taxes and fees?

Thanks !!
  • blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    My deal for a 2008 Accord EX-L I4 A/T in a NY suburb:

MSRP: $26,495
    Invoice: $24,063
    My Deal: $24,232

Of course pricing includes $635 Destination. Probably could have done somewhat better at the end of the month, quarter or year, but I'm very satisfied since I needed to make a quick purchase.

Please don't ask about taxes or fees. Since everyone's are different, depending upon where you reside, the term OTD is meaningless.
  • szerszer Posts: 80
    Hi,

Which Bob Rohrman dealership is that? The one at Lafayette,IN or IL?
  • jso4jso4 Posts: 1
    What dealership and person did you use in the Detroit area? I am planning on making a purchase this week.
  • In South Florida the coupes don't stay on the dealer lots very long. I paid full sticker last week for this one ( everything but NAV ). This dealer was installing all kinds of junk on their coupes; ground effects, sunroof visors, pin striping, wheel opening and door edge moulding, paint sealant, scotch guard, etc and all at ridiculous prices. I got one just off the truck before they had a chance to mess it up ! It's sad what they're doing to make a buck. But I've been watching many dealer's inventories waiting for my color / option combo to come in and people are buying 'em loaded up with junk. Too bad.
    I love this car. Only 88 miles on it. Window tint will be my only option. I'm sure I'll regret paying sticker ( $28,945) in 6-9 months but I had to buy now.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,704
    Yes, the Bob Rohrman in Lafayette, IN.

This dealership still has all the same accords on their lots since arrival.
    That either means a bad market right now, or too steep of prices.
    They are acting like this is some rare car, its so popular.

I would totally trade for an 08 right now if a dealer will deal with me.
  • szerszer Posts: 80
    Exactly! I have to agree with you on this point... Are you a student at Purdue or a resident? Bob Rohrman usually "cheats" on foreign students, for eg: selling above msrp, and crazy dealer accessories mark ups and etc. I have seen it work myself. I am not saying they are a bad dealership, but my friends and I who had bought Hondas never got it from them due to the pricing. FIRM MSRP!
  • amiramir Posts: 93
    hi.i live in sothern california.i got a quote for accord coupe polish metal for 600 over invoice.ex auto for 23947 including destination.the car has rear spoiler,pro pack (mud guard,trunk tray,wheel locks).basically they are charging me 1000 for those two accessories. how much do u guys think the spoiler should cost @ invoice with installation, and is it a good deal over all?
  • Guys please help me out. I have visited dealers in Gurnee and Elmhurst and they want me to buy the Accord Coupe EX-L I4 at MSRP. If anyone on the board can help I am looking for a dealer in the Chicagoland area that are currently working with buyers and are willing to deal around the invoice price. If I can't find a decent dealer and price then I am going to wait until the end of Dec.

Thanks, ;)
  • jso4

I got the lowest internet quote from Melton Honda in Southgate. I asked Brighton Honda, which is near me to match it and they did. Melton came in at $150 over invoice whereas Brighton came in at $275 over invoice. I requested internet quotes from all 15 Detroit area dealers. About half of them responded and Melton was the lowest. Good luck.
  • cljackcljack Posts: 13
    I would suggest to wait untill end of the month. If you are in a hurry goto Castle Honda I guess thier prices are 300 below invoice. Be carefull with O'Hare Honda as their prices are high and they have so many hidden costs at the time of buying.
  • holewholew Posts: 71
    It Pays to wait. Dealers are always going to take advantage of the buyer's eagerness to want the car NOW! Don't be too emotional about buying a car. Buy what the dealer's emotions are making him sell at a nice discount.

Please let us know if there are any issues with the V6 engine. Some here have experienced vibrations and surging when doing 60 to 70 MPH. Please let us know if you are have that problem.
  • holewholew Posts: 71
    I found a dealer in the Baltimore area, Anderson Honda, who will deliver the car with or without dealer installed options. Using their INTERNET buying service I talked with the salesperson and she told me that the four items they add are mud flaps, wheel locks, and edge guards on the doors and wheel wells. All for $245 which she said was their cost.

She told me I could order the car off the truck without these items if I wanted. This was only trough their INTERNET pricing service. If you walk in off the street you will be hit with the usual CAR DEALER BS.
  • cljackcljack Posts: 13
    I guess late Dec or Late Jan would be the best time to buy this car in Midwest region by that time it will be too cold and there will not be many buyers so dealer will give more discounts. I heard V6 has vibration and surging problem. Did not hear anything about L4 yet. I would wait and see if someone reports anything.
  • In edmund.com, the invoice is 24,820. Dealer gets $2k incentives. So the invoice should be 22,820 and you use this number as a baseline.

Since i need a car ( i was driving a rental car), i can't wait. If you take your time, i think you can get a better deal since the dealer wants to get rid all of 2007 models. Again, the price depends on the location, the inventory that the dealer has....

One thing i don't like that dealer forces buyer to pay for the optional stuffs like mud guard, door edge, wheel locks...etc You can get these online much cheaper. However, if you can deal with them, you may get it included in the price.
  • Try Herson Honda (in Rockville MD). I got a quote on 2008 EXL V6 = 26,339 but the dealer is willing to lower price if i'm interested in the car . This price does not include optional appearance charge, TTL.

Since i decided to get 2007 model instead, i didn't make a deal. Give it a try. To me, Honda dealers in Maryland are easier to work with , plus cheaper processing fee ($100).
  • justlooking88,

i just want to clarify your thoughts..

07 EX-L V6 fair price: 22000(includes dest) + TTL ?
    07 EX-L I4 fair price: 20500(includes dest) + TTL ?

So far I have found an OTD price of 22889 on 07 EXL I4 with a local tax of 7.375%...I am trying for lower.