Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Invoice: $25415.97
    MSRP: $27425.00
    Your Price: $25815.97

Freight: $635.00

Processing Fee: $399.00

VA Tax (3.17%): $851.14
    Tag and Title Fee: $75.50

OTD : $27776.61

(Includes mud guards, wheel locks, door edge guards, fender well trim and pin stripe)

Is this is a good deal ?? How much can I squeeze it further..??
  • SporinSporin Posts: 1,066
    What are these dealers giving you for their outrageous $499 and $599 doc fees? Sounds like nothing less than the old thumb on the butcher's scale routine.

You took the words right out of my mouth. :confuse:
  • As I previously stated, it is my opinion based on present available information.........that being said time is my friend and the enemy of your opinion...I'm not compelled to buy today , tomorrow or even next week, I purchase when I am comfortable with the purchase price, and as yet have not obtained that number.

I am still amazed and amused that so many have not yet learned that the BUYER is in control of the deal...not the SELLER unless the Buyer relinquishes control to the SELLER!!!
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    I re-checked it again on a brand new '08 V6 EX-L today. It has only the wheel locks. NO splash/ mudd guards unless one orders those as accessories. Saleman said the '08 V6 with Navi is hard to find. Also, the V6 EX Coupe is a VERY HOT model which is usually pre-sold.
  • The dealership was David Michael Honda in Freehold NJ, the sales girl was Staci. I drove the car off the lot last night. 4 Door Sedan, Polished Metal Metallic. She was very easy to work with, and I would highly recommend her.
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    The '08 V6 EX-L does have fog lights.
  • Don't believe the posts here? Then, please move on.. Those comments are neither welcome or appreciated.

Those posts have been removed.

Shopping experiences and prices paid... That's what we are all about. Posts that don't stay on topic will be removed.

Comments about this policy are only welcome in e-mail to a host. Do not reply in this forum.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• trs900trs900 Posts: 19
    Your right it is a total rip off, it is just a way for dealers to advertise a below invoice price then add fee to make a profit, but once they put it on buyers order they had better put it on all or end up in court with a class action suit or ?? The best way to judge a good deal is the bottom line.. Almost all dealers around here have a fee so it's going to be on buyers order no matter what, thats why they show price of car below invoice on my deal befores adds to get my price to where I wanted it.. I don't think anyone has really bought one below invoice yet(with freight included) the salesman said I did but when the dealer fee was added it made the price $26,250.67 ( invoice $26,050.97 with freight ) just about $200 profit pretty good on a EXL-6 for the dealer "IMO" even with the wheel locks-mud guards-strpes-paint sealant they had added. The other costs are actual costs tax-tag etc..
  • Was it manual stick shift or auto trans? Did the price include dealer prep or was that extra?
  • jack47jack47 Posts: 312
    Re; doc fees

Several state legislatures have imposed a cap on these so called "doc fees"...the cap fee in New York, e.g., is $50.

So if the dealer attempts to rip you off by charging a "doc fee" of more than $50....simply say... OK, I'll pay the $399 or $499 (or whatever) fee as long as you reduce the base price of the car by a like amount.

If he won't , walk out.
  • We just bought 08 Accord Coupe EX auto yesterday. It's a black on black with 26 miles.
    Paid $23450 OTD. Tax here is very low, 3.25%. The net car price is about 200 under the invoice.
    I think it is a decent deal.
  • trs900trs900 Posts: 19
    Thats what you have to do. here in our local market they use very deceptive advertising.. 1 of my favorites was 50% off or less on every new car.. less meaning less than 50% more like 15% off.. that was a classic.. then there is the famous * after price meaning watch out.. dealer fees are there to hopefully get the extra profit if you scream loud enough they will reduce price of car but won't remove dealer fee from buyer's order as that would open up a can of worms.
  • Just accidentally checked the mfg incentives in central Florida, my father lives in Summerfield, ( Zip 34491) seem that TOY is offering cash back and low APR on full product line, including Camry, except hybrid.

2007 Toyota 4Runner cash low apr
    2007 Toyota Avalon cash
    2008 Toyota Camry cash leases
    2007 Toyota Camry cash marketing support
    2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid leases
    2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid cash
    2007 Toyota Camry Solara cash marketing support
    2008 Toyota Corolla cash low apr leases
    2007 Toyota Corolla cash
    2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser cash
    2007 Toyota Highlander cash
    2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid cash
    2007 Toyota Land Cruiser cash
    2008 Toyota Matrix cash leases
    2007 Toyota Matrix cash
    2007 Toyota Prius cash
    2007 Toyota RAV4 cash
    2007 Toyota Sequoia cash leases
    2008 Toyota Sienna cash leases
    2007 Toyota Sienna cash low apr
    2008 Toyota Tacoma cash leases
    2007 Toyota Tacoma cash
    2008 Toyota Tundra cash low apr
    2007 Toyota Tundra cash low apr leases
    2007 Toyota Yaris cash

Orlando foreclosures are at record levels yet not nearly the worst metro market, 28th, 1 in 114,,,,article below.

I continue to expect National incentives to move cars off the lots in the future...

Orlando > Print Edition > Industries > Economic View - Bankruptcies Subscribe to Orlando Business Journal Friday, November 16, 2007
    Report: Orlando foreclosure filings up 184%Metro area recorded 7,189 filings, or one for every 114 households.

Orlando Business Journal - by Bill Orben Associate Managing Editor
    Print Article Email Article Reprints RSS Feeds Add to Del.icio.us Digg This
    Related News
    Housing market down cycle forces cutbacks at ZipRealty [San Jose]
    Major rise in foreclosures boosts banks' home sales [Charlotte]
    ZipRealty gets hammered by housing slump [Sacramento]

The number of third-quarter foreclosure filings in the Orlando area climbed more than 184 percent from the same period a year ago and was nearly 60 percent greater than the second quarter, according to a RealtyTrac report released Nov. 14.

Orlando, ranked 28th on the list of foreclosure filings for the top 100 metropolitan areas in the country, recorded 7,189 filings, or one for every 114 households, the report says. Orlando had 5,428 properties with at least one foreclosure filing against it during the quarter.

Among other metro areas statewide, Fort Lauderdale was ranked No. 4 with 16,595 total filings -- up 89.8 percent from the second quarter and 127.4 percent from a year ago, while Miami came in at No. 8 with 15,484 total foreclosure filings for the quarter, up 42.7 percent from the second quarter and 82 percent from the year-ago quarter.

The report ranked the Tampa/St. Petersburg area 19th; Palm Beach, 21st; Sarasota/Bradenton, 25th; and Jacksonville, 33rd.
  • vbug,
    Let us know how do did when you make deal.
    :shades:
  • Automatic, the price included dealer prep
  • I was looking for a car for three months in Houston. Every dealership I visited (and I visited all of them in 30 mile radius) was charging 1k over official MSRP.
    Eventually I found Gunn Honda in San Antonio that not only did not charge any markups, but their quote was significantly below MSRP even for the new 08 EX-L I4 with Navigation that I bought last Saturday.
    I totally recommend the dealership to anyone. I traveled from Houston to San Antonio and saved money. The dealership offers Edmund's "One Simple Price" which means there was no pressure or anxiety of negotiations. I called them gave me a quote that was $2k below the quotes (with the markups) I was getting from Houston dealers. I took the next Greyhound bus to San Antonio and drove my new car Back home!
    While waiting for the installation of some extras (that were reasonably priced) they gave me a tour of the dealership. It is huge. Their service area is impressive and I have only seen such service bay facilities in more luxurious brands like BMW. I wish I was living closer to have the car serviced there.
    BTW, every Wednesday they have a therapist visiting the dealership for chair massages to the customers waiting for the car to be serviced!!!

Last but not least: Alabaster Silver / Black leather EX-L with Navi I-4 (190HP) $26450 + TTL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hi all,
    I was looking for a good deal on a 2008 Honda Accord LX Auto and I had a price quote from a dealer in TN
    Special internet price $19,991.00
    taxes $1,562.11
    customer service fee $199.00
    registration $34.50

Out the door $21,786.61
    Is this a good deal? How much can I ask for?

Thanks
  • Wow, that's a great deal, below invoice I think! Maybe below invoice pricing for the 2008 Accord will become the norm if dealer inventories grow large by end of year?
  • does this price include, tax, license and fees?
  • japsjaps Posts: 29
    below invoice pricing on the 08 accord coupe is pure fiction. Around summertime you will see very liberal pricing. Since my posts are being deleated on this subject, and numbers are just being tossed around, I'll just say that a family friend owns a Honda dealership, and I know what these things are selling for in most every market.

Just like the Sedan was not intially discounted, so it goes with the coupe. It's still way to new to get below invoice pricing.