Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,432
    Yang, what state do you live?. Read prior post in your area .. your target price is Dealers invoice on the make and model you want. Read my last few post on how to buy on the phone or online. Your not telling the internet managers the right things. you have to control the conversation. You have to be in talks with someone who has the power to give you there best price that moment..NOT THE SALESMAN WHO WORKS THE FLOOR. Tell every dealer you contact that for invoice price you buy right that moment. its yes or no. If they say no tell DEALERSHIP what is your bottom line price that is close to invoice. then tell him thanks and only call you back if he wants to make a deal at invoice. . move onto next dealer etc, etc,.. buying a car is a negotiation . Once you let a dealer give you his idea of a fair price your done.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• rob_v6rob_v6 Posts: 20
    I went to this dealership to get the car based on the email i recevied from them, they did not honor the price. Avoid this dealership at all cost. Don"t waste your time
    Really bad bad business practice. Giving you a quote online and not honoring it.
  • I bought a 2013 Sport CVT on ThanksGiving at Honda cars of Corona.
    This dealer is great, honor the internet pricing for $22,150 and willing to match or dealers for lower price for in stock car and color.

Internet price for Sport CVT auto nothing added: $22:150

OTD with tax & license fees: $24,300.

Finance will try to sale you alarm and extended warr. for another $1600.

Rock Honda internet pricing for Sport trim : $21,650

Spreen Honda internet pricing: $21, 650 + $790 (dest. charge)

Penske Honda Ontario : $22,000+

If dealer honors best pricing, watch out for financing dep. try to sell you things and given you high interest rate to make more money.
  • I typically email multiple internet managers and get their best price via email. But think about things you plan to purchase before you request the bids to get best price. Like if you really want an Accord LX, do you also want wheel locks or winter mats? Or perhaps you want to do some type of 3M film on the nose of the car to protect it from rocks off the highway? Anyway, whatever you want make sure each dealership you send an email to, that the car you want is the same - why, so you can get an apples to apples look at price. The other thing is, how much for dealer conveyence fee's, typically they can range from $100 to $499 bucks. This is a fee that is pure profit to the dealer. You can buy Honda's in the Wash DC area Criswell, Oursmann are two dealers that have very low prices. You can negotiate these fee's off the car. I would wait until Nov 30th to actually buy the car or even Dec 31. There is "holiday cash out there too. Criswell was selling 2013 LX for $21,225 plus destination and they were giving an extra $250 in bonus cash last time I received and email from them.

Have fun and hope you enjoy your new ride when you get it.
  • LOL. All u noobs are still wet behind the ears!!. Every car at every dealer is priced at 38-40 PERCENT over their real cost when you look at the MSRP. Do you really think car dealers can stay in business making 1 - 3 %.....LOL what a joke. Just look around yourself when at the dealership. See all the amenities......the expensive employees, inventory, building, advertising, tools.....just like LasVegas...........you are gonna pay for all that. A $20k MSRP costs the dealer $13k. The dealer invoice means NOTHING and is no more reliable than the MSRP......its just a piece of printed junk. Do you really think a dealer is gonna tell you what they paid for the car you just bot?.........LOL........wake up noobs.....they are not in business to make 3%!! I use to work for a Ford and Chevy dealer for 20 years........I am still laughing at all these prices on this blog..........LMFAO....
    I went to this dealership to get the car based on the email i recevied from them, they did not honor the price. Avoid this dealership at all cost. Don"t waste your time
    Really bad bad business practice. Giving you a quote online and not honoring it.
    I will post this message everyday so readers can be warned and avoid this dealership, I filed complaint with BBB nad FTC for unfair business practice act.
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,505
    'I will post this message everyday...'
    PLEASE do not do that.....
    ROB V6, here is a tip for next time. when ever you get your best price online or by phone Tell dealer that you want him to fax over a Buyers Order with make, model, vin number, and all the specific's of the deal. you secure this deal with a credit card deposit til he finds or preps vehicle. Once you both sign that document its a legal document. By buying this way you will see if that dealership is honest and if he tries to sneak in any other fee' s.. Then you can confront him before you sign deal. I have been buying this way since the Internet came along. works 100 % every time. Your comments about Riverside honda.. Here are my thoughts.. make sure you call and email that dealerships general manager and tell him there practices suck and not only have you lodge complaints with bbb, etc you will let as many people as possible know on the Edmunds and other Toyota buying forums about there slimy ways.. Good job

CAPTAIN , iTS IDIOTS LIKE YOUR SELF WHO POST STUPID THINGS IN THESE FORUMS.
    Can you imagine this guy was a salesman for 20 yrs.

Stay over in your Chevy and Ford forums and buy one of those crappy vehicles for 40% off sticker that nobody wants.

If you dont have something constructive to say to help a 1st time buyer in this forum please do not belittle or say things that are not necessary.

As far as your comments on pricing A 20k vehicle cost dealer 13k . Back up your words with facts otherwise keep your comments to yourself..

• I think the lesson I learned was to do as much comparitive pricing as possible, preferably on the internet and phone. Once I had a decent price from one dealer, other dealers wanted to match or try to beat it. The new Hondas are great. My wife's 2007 Camry was totaled a month ago (not her fault) and this Honda is her replacement.
  • wutingswutings Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I set out to just browse for cars in Northern Virginia over the weekend, but ended up buying that same day. As I was negotiating with the dealer, I did some research on this forum so I thought I'd say "THANK YOU" to all previous posters and contribute myself.

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4cyl w/o Navigation
    Base Price - $24,898
    Freight - $780
    Appearance Pkg (mud guards, wheel locks, etc) - $0
    Titling Tax, Dealer Tax, Registration - $89
    Sales Tax - $782
    License Fee - $66
    Processing Fee - $385
    Total OTD - $27,000

Not sure if this was a "great" deal or not, but I think it was at least "good"! I was not trading in, and even with an excellent credit score was only offered around a 3% financing rate so I opted not to finance through Honda. So far I'm happy with the purchase! Thanks again! :blush:
    edited November 2012
    GREAT deal... Invoice price on a EXL 4 is =$ 25,609 w/o dest charge. you bought for $700 below dealers invoice price. Next time try to neg those high processing fee's in half. All processing fee's are added income for the dealers. Overall great price you should post the Dealerships name so others can decide if they want to email them.

• yangyxyangyx Posts: 20
    I live in New Jersey. I plan to buy below invoice as I think I am more of a price buyer, so I think I will wait a bit longer till great deals start to happen. Thx for advice!
  • Still shopping for a EX-L V6.

Same guy who offered $500 over invoice in late October is now coming in almost $300 under invoice. There must be some incentives going on out there that we don't know about.

I also love how Weymouth will just give you a quote. I'm in CA, but I can use that quote as a "best case" scenario.

Oh yeah, and I finally test drove one this weekend. Several months after researching and deciding it was the car for me. How funny that a test drive now seems like the least important part of the process.

I'm having trouble figuring out color schemes though. In an EX-L V6, what exterior colors can be purchased if the interior is black? I have a toddler.

Finally, has anyone used carhound.com?

Could $1000 under invoice be possible on December 30th?

How long can I put this off?

Michael.
  • How do you get these internet sales managers to fax or email 'buyer's order'? I'm currently shopping for a car and nobody seems to be willing to do that. They say they can't do that just so the customer will present the offer to someone else for a better deal and lose business etc etc. Is there a trick? I'm not a very good in-person negotiator so I would like to have an official deal in my hands before I go visit a dealership.

Is it also a good strategy to offer hundreds below your target price initially?

Thanks for your help!
    Grey, Ivory, or Black interior for exl

edited November 2012
    Nassa,, Read some of my prior post you will get a good idea how to buy online or by phone. Very simply... the trick to getting the best deal is buying the last days of any month or quarters end.. i always buy the last day of the month. Here is what my conversation might sound like to every internet manager i speak to that day til i strike my best deal. Mr jones i am looking to buy said vehicle with theses options, color etc. for xxx below invoice price and no doc fee's added to bill... i will buy from your dealership now. its a yes or no from mr jones...If mr jones says he cant do that price i then ask him to give me his best price closest to my offer. i then thank him and tell him that my offer of xxx gets my business today. and call the next dealership. when you buy like this you kill 2 birds with one stone.. 1- dealer knows if he wants a quick sale to smart buyer who he is probably going to lose to another dealer once you hang up 2- All good dealerships will give you there best price before they let you go or match another dealerships price... after calling 10 or more dealerships and you did not hit your target price you then can either sit back and wait till one of them agree's to your price or gets closest to your target number. Supply and demand play a big part. Usually within the 1st hour i have bought my car on the phone. On every one of my calls i now within the first 2 mins of my conversation if that dealership sells cars or are a bad dealership. Gotta weed them out. just say tks and move on.. thats the great thing about i buy now meet my price or lose me.. Thats the power and your leverage to buying by phone... When the dealerships Internet Manager agree's on price you tell him to Fax you over the Buyers Order with all the numbers, and details. Look it over then you sign.... he signs... give him a credit card deposit to hold car til its prep ed or located usually 1000 dollar refundable deposit works.. real simple. If you cant get Doc fee's knocked of deal... make dealer split them in half with you... Tell dealer it is a deal breaker. All doc fee's are added profits for the dealer. Whats next charging me for the dealers lawn maint. and electric he uses.. should not be included in his price to sell that carto me.... Remember this is a Negotiation the better you get at it the more you stand to save.. any rebates or factory incentives get minused off your target price. Your target price should start below invoice. How much depends on your area and how there selling. If i know a dealerships doc fee's are $349 well thats how much lower i add onto my below invoice price.. gotta play the game.. I live in the nyc area and in jan 2013 i will start my negotiations at 1000 below invoice and will work that number up to my target price of about 700 below invoice with no doc fee's added.. Good luck hope that helps .............. Brian

• Hey Brian--

I mean, if I NEED black interior, what are my exterior choices? I wanted red/black, but they only have red/ivory, for example.
  • fjf48fjf48 Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2013 honda accord lx 3 yr 36k miles. In securing the best price should I say that I am looking to lease or buy? Then agree on a price and then say what I am looking to do.
    Ext colors with black interiors,,, Hermaite metallic,,,,,, Black,,,,, Modern Steel,,,,,Alabaster Silver, on the... ex/ exl,, and exl v6 models

Leasing. dont think it matters just call dealers and say you want to lease said vehicle for 700 below invoice price. but let each dealer know your pulling the trigger that moment on the deal.. Thats your leverage. Your xxx price gets the deal done that moment . let Dealership counter you if he wont meet your price . You decide then, or move on to next Dealer.. Use Waymouth Honda as your sticking point on price. of 500 below invoice price. thats what they will sell you a 2013 Accord for with no other haggeling. just remember there doc fee's are high i believe there $369 so its actually just a couple of hundred under invoice your buying at Waymouth Honda. but dont tell other dealers that. Always try to reduce or get doc fee's taken off finally sale. Everything is negotable.. Good luck

• gee22gee22 Posts: 82
    What Brian means, in his example, is that you should ask that the capitalized cost of the vehicle be $700 under invoice. Your lease rate is based on the money factor (ask to see it in writing), residual value of the specific model, MSRP and capitalized cost (the amount that the leasing company will be paying the dealer). It is you who negotiates the capitalized cost, not the leasing company. I suggest you read up on leasing, the formula for determining the monthly lease amount and investing a few bucks in a business calculator where you can program the formula for a lease so you can calculate amounts at the dealership. I have mine programmed so all I need to do is enter any of the three variables and it will give me the missing one.
    I'm assuming prior post new formula on leasing thats why i gave him just price he should shoot for. Adding to Gee's above posting. A 2013 Accord Lx Nov, rates are 36 month lease with m/f .00155 and 61% on residual, 15k on mileage.

• yangyxyangyx Posts: 20
    Great tutorial. $1000 gives me an idea on what I should be expecting by January. I hope you can come up with some estimation on where we should place our initial offer, since most of us do not know whether or not there will be a hidden incentive on the car.

Thank you.
  • I live in NJ. Kay Honda is offering me an OTD price of $26K for 2013 Honda Accord Sport CVT. The vehicle has a dealer installed sunroof. Also, I asked them to put a sunroof visor and mud guards. On top of that, I was able to get 5 free oil changes. I hope I made a good deal on this vehicle. Comments welcome. Thanks.
  • I was recently at a honda dealers and was offered a 2013 accord coupe EX-L V6 without Nav, black exterior with a black/Ivory interior, for $31,000. This was including taxes and add-ons, has anyone found a better deal for a similiar model?
    Thank you for the reply and information. i was able to get the ACCORD SPORT CVT at 21695 destination included + tax+reg fees,. there were no hidden fees, interest rate offered was 4.9 but finance lowered it to 2.84%.

Rock Honda in FONTANA Calif Rocks ---very polite staff, you can even talk to the desk manager.

The finance manager was trying to sell the theft protection for 700 and extended warranty for 1700.00. I politely refused and told him i don't believe in warranty, but because he doesn't pressure the sell, i told him that i will get it if the interest is lower and payments will remain the same. I was trying to open a window of opportunity for me and for him. After about 30 minutes of deliberation, he showed me his screen and lowered the interest to 2.84% but added the extended warranty 6 years 100k miles. Payment that i agreed before finance is 312.00 after 7500.00 down payment for 60 months @4.9%, I ended up paying 313.07 after finance. 11/26 was my lucky night, got the extended warranty and the theft protection for about $1 per month.

My credit score is not perfect, 680 mid fico but no lates on anything ever. I am not aware of any special rates for the 2013 ACCORD. Total interest that i will pay is approximately 1200 for 60 months.

Well, after my frustration from Riverside Honda who doesn't honor their internet quotes, i was able to get a better deal at Rock Honda in Fontana.

If you are here in SoCal, try to get internet quote from Rock Honda, their price are lower than most dealership in Orange County. Do not go to Riverside Honda, they have add on fees and will try to forcefully sell you add on for 1995.00 or more. Beware of Riverside Honda, because they do not honor their internet quote.
  • That's a great deal! What was your total OTD price? I'm in SoCal as well and the best price I've received is $100 under invoice.
    Kay Honda

If you breakdown your pricing on the CVT from kay we can comment.

Vehicle price before OTD prices
    Options and there prices paid
    Doc fee's and any other OTD prices

Every states tax rate is different and Dealers charge different Doc fee's. Thats why when people in this forum write a post like your above mentioned it does not get answered...........

• Got the following quote in Chicago for a Coupe EX CVT:

2013 Honda Accord Coupe 2dr I4 Auto Ex
    $26,665.00 MSRP

$23,748.11 Internet Price (includes destination)
    $25.00 CVR
    $161.39 Doc Fee
    $1495.91 6.25% Sales Tax
    $194.00 New Plates and Title
    $25,624.41 OTD

How does it look to the resident experts?