Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I now have the offer for 22800 OTD. (2013 Accord base model with window tint)
    Here the tax is 6.25%
    Any comments.
  • jfavourjfavour Posts: 105
    Just bought a silver sport sedan today. 23,350 +Tax, Title, License and Doc fee. I don't have the final docs in front of me and don't remember the exact OTD price. Sales threw in all weather floor mats (a must have in MN) and car already had 3M paint protection on front, door edges and at top of rear bumper (sales said $700 package). This car sat on the showroom floor for a couple of weeks, thus the paint protection package. Buerkle Honda in the Twin Cities Metro was the dealer. Had another deal offered at $23,228, but didn't like the sales person, plus they wanted $150 for the floor mats on top, so I went with Buerkle.

Needed a car, my last one was totaled by an inattentive driver, so this was the best I could do in a short time. Overall I am happy, although the deliver process took far too long (over 2 hours). The car was dirty inside when we arrived and we had to point it out to sales to be rectified. Then it had some codes showing because the battery had died and it needed to be jumped, so they had to spend some time resetting the codes before we left.
  • bridget53bridget53 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I will be buying a new car at the end of the month. I would like to buy a 2012 Honda Accord EX-L. An online dealer quoted me 24,600.00 for 2012 Honda Accord EX-LV6 Coupe. What advice can you give me?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,082
    Still waiting on conformation of the South Carolina deal before i post dealerships name............ Brian

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• Brian, I misunderstood...I will not be traveling to SC to purchase a car...sorry for the concussion
  • Thats a great deal. I'm looking for the same model (CVT trans) with leather interior. I've only asked for ODT price which was quoted at 25,700. If my figures are correct, then I'm paying about 23K for the car. I'm going to see if I can get your price...lol. I plan to buy at the end of this month
  • Thats a great deal. I'm looking for the same model (CVT trans) with leather interior. I've only asked for ODT price which was quoted at 25,700. If my figures are correct, then I'm paying about 23K for the car. I'm going to see if I can get your price...lol. I plan to buy at the end of this month. I'm in the Houston area
  • I've been dealing for about 3 weeks now. I've gotten 21,900 ODT price for base model LX. AND 25,700 ODT price for Sports trim with leather. These prices are if I finance through Honda. This was at Gillman Honda in FortBend. Anybody able to negotiate anything better? I plan to buy at the end of the month.
  • ddvxddvx Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I've been scanning but haven't been able to find any 2013 Sedan EX-L dealer or OTD prices. Anyone had any experience with it?
  • tobyltobyl Posts: 6
    I live in San Francisco. I went to many dealerships around the SF bay area, and there were no one selling the car under 23,000 OTD. Does anyone buy a accord LX in SF bay area, and what is your OTD. Thank you.
  • I live in Texas. I went to a couple of dealerships with a mindset of buying 2013 Honda Accord EXL. The quotes that I have got earlier from various dealerships were 28,400 OTD (includes sales tax of 6.25% and dealership add ons such as window tint, wheel lock, splash guards, trunk liner). Finally, I was able to get down the price to 27,900. I am not sure if this looks like a better deal but after following the forum for long time, I think 27,500 seems to be a great bargain. Please let me know your opinions.
    edited December 2012
    MAV, Read my earlier postings on how to buy by phone or online then call as many dealers on the last day of the month. You will hit your target price. Be firm.. If they wont meet your price before saying good-bye tell them your price is what gets your business on that day and move on.. Pit one dealer against the next. tell every dealer you could get your price 100 miles away if you have to. mention any dealer 200 miles away put the bug in every dealer thats closet to you.. Play the game. Tell each dealer doc fee's are a deal breaker. The last day in Dec is a great month to pull off a Monster Deal and a buyers dream with alot of car companies........ good luck .......Brian

• Thank you for getting back to me.  As I listed in my break down of price in my first email to you Net Cost on the 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport CVT is $22,444.  So as you can see your offer of $21,000 even is not reasonable as that would result in a $1,444.  The price I quoted you of $22,194 including Honda's Destination Charge is my best price and good for today's business only.  I look forward to hearing back from you shortly with a time to come in today to wrap up this phenomenal deal. This is price from boch Honda and they say if I when with Honda financial they'll take another 500 off hope this will help u out
    Any dealership that tells you this is the only day for this price.... Make sure you run out of that dealership. The only time you should ever hear that saying is ON THE LAST DAY OF ANY MONTH OR AT THE QUARTERS END..

tHERE ARE NO INCENTIVES FROM HONDA TO LEASE. i would wait a few months hoping honda lowers there residual costs.

• Don't you mean lower the money factor and increase the residual? Lowering the residual would cause the monthly payments to go up.
    Yes thats what i meant to say

• Yeah the current MF of 0.00155 is pretty bad. I am looking at 14 different cars to replace my Sonata and the Accord's MF is only exceeded by the new Lexus ES 350 (0.0017). The residual isn't bad, but not on par with Lexus or BMW for a 36 month lease.
  • Thanks Brian for your response. I am not in a hurry to buy a new one right away and plan to wait for some more time (as you said end of the month or next month). I am surprised that the dealers weren't ready for $27,500 since I saw couple of postings for $27,300 from people where the state taxes were higher than in Texas. The dealers were saying they will be losing more than $1000 for selling to me even at 27,900 :) :) :)
  • I had 27900 including 6.25% sales tax, title and standard dealer add ons like window tint, wheel locks, pin stripes, mud guards, etc.
    Time is on your side. I plan to buy JAN or FEB myself.

• xuxxux Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    wow,I also in houston want to buy 2013 accord lx-4d-cvt,I go to Gillman and they just told me 22600 out door,I try to deal around 22000,but seems still hard, This is my first time to buy car, need help.can send me you break list of your quote?? great thanks.
  • I had been dealing with German Fuentes at Gillman Honda in Fort Bend. His ODT price was 22,400 for the base LX , but would take 500 off if I financed through Honda. which would make the price 21,900....I've also been dealing with Bruce Akers at McDavid Honda off the Gulf freeway. I've been researching for a while. I'm gonna go with the sport trim now and add leather. Anyways, i don't know how to post the info I got from German Fuentes. I initially contacted him via Carwhoo.com.
  • Just received an online quote from a dealer offering $21,700 OTD including 6% MD sales tax. This offer is valid if I use Honda Financing. I am using this as a starting point and will be visiting a few dealers next Saturday or New Years Eve.
  • Hey, Which dealer in MD is that ? Thanks!
  • tobyltobyl Posts: 6
    The dealer called me and gave me a quote for $22,380 OTD. Does it a good deal for a 2013 Accord LX. I live in San Francisco; tax rate is 8.5%. Any comments.
  • That was from Bel Air Honda. I have also received a reasonable quote from Glen Burnie Honda, but not talked to them in a while.
  • Has anyone actually gone to one of the Costco Buyers Dealers and seen the "special price" for Costco members only? The Costco dealer for me is over an hour away and I do not want to drive all the way there to find out they can not beat the proce I already have.
  • This looks competitive but you can negotiate another $300 - 400 or so .
    Btw which dealer in SF bay area. Can you provide sale price and tax etc break up.
  • I'm in NC and price of the Accord Sport was $22,640. Total OTD price was $23,387. Not bad, probably could have done better but I am happy with the deal. This deal also includes a $500 bonus cash for financing with Honda.

We love the car, got the white one!!