Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I just got offered a new Honda Accord LX sedan 2007 for $19125.11 OTD price in the South Florida Region.

What do you guys think about this offer?
  • blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    "Honda finance does not offer that rate especaily based upon if you put more down you get a better rate. "

jb_turner, you are again incorrect. But you state it with such authority.

I am financing about $10K on my 2008 Accord through American Honda Financial at 5.44%. No ifs ands or buts about it.
  • holewholew Posts: 71
    Unless you must have a factory built in GPS, I would advise against getting it. It is not worth the extra $2000 cost and except for the larger screen it doesn't not work all that much better then the after market GPS units which are available for a fraction of $2000.

I have a 2002 LEXUS LS430 with a built in GPS. It works well but it will cost $350 just to upgrade to current software. For $350 you can buy a very sophisticated unit such as a GARMIN 4040 Maestro. In fact that unit at COSTCO is $299 now and the 4050 unit is about $100 more.

I also have a GARMIN C340 unit in my other car and I tell you without reservation the C340 Garmin is equal in performance to the built in unit in my LEXUS. The C340 is now less then $300. The only major item the C340 lacks is that it is not voice activated as is the LEXUS unit. But that is no big deal and you can buy a unit with voice activation for about $500 if that is important to you. You will still be $1500 ahead.

Unless the looks of a GSP stuck to your windshield is unacceptable to you, I would STRONGLY advise that you save your money and get the GARMIN unit. When you trade cars you can take the unit with you and use it in your next new car.
  • Thanks, it does include destination.
  • Interesting. He gave me this price over the phone without asking me what other dealers had been quoting me. I have a feeling that he'll be willing to go lower if I met him in person. After all, Honda does have a 3% holdback based upon MSRP, correct me if I'm wrong.

He did quote me a price of 26,500 on a EX-L V6, which is 500 over listed invoice from what I understand. Apparently EX-L V6s are flying off the lot, whereas the EX V6 is in lesser demand and there needs to be more incentives to move the vehicles.

I did ask for a quote on a EX I4 and the price was 21,998 (or 21,988, I don't remember).

The dealer was Honda of Oakland, and the person I called was in the internet department.
  • Did not finance, no trade-in.

I bought the car for $24,334.

included splash guard, trunk tray, floor mats and wheel locks

$289 doc fee
    $300 taxes
    $76 transfer tags and some other fee

Grand Total was $25,000 OTD

I added a 60,000 mile maintenance plan for $760. This plan covers everything done every 5000 miles and the major maintenances at 15, 30, 45 and 60K. I am not sure if this was a good deal, but I put in on the credit card and I can cancel and get the unused portain back at any time. What do you guys think?

Finally, does anyone recommend getting the HondaCare? I know we can get it online, just wasn't sure how many people where into it.
  • nkvnkv Posts: 20
    I was offered the maintenance plan for about the same money as you bought yours for. After I went through a written description of what it covered, I declined it only because I could not see tremendous value in it. I believe paying as you go will come out ahead instead of shelling out money up front. In addition, my plan called for an oil change every 3750 miles which is a waste of money unless driving in extremely rough conditions. As for Hondacare, it is your call. Internet pricing of about 700 dollars is not too bad for peace of mind if you are going to keep your car for a long long time.
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    You guy in S Carolina is so lucky with low sale tax. In my county in California, sale tax is 8.725%, buying a V6 EX-L I had to pay almost $2,600 for sale tax.
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    I did not realize you are in northern ca. Try Grace Honda in San Bruno. The internet sales manager gave a very good deal, below invoice. And there was no games played when I got there. Just make sure you have discussed everything by email or phone before you go there. Mention my name if you want to when asking for a quote.
    "GARMIN 4040 Maestro"

The Maestro 4040s and 4050s are not made by Garmin. Magellan is their manufacturer.

While I agree with you that spending the extra $2,000 (list, probably $1,700 actual cost) may not be adviseable for bvdj84, there are many other functions that may be of interest to him/her. Voice control over navigation system, audio system and climate control system have been wonderful features for me in my 2004 Accord. However, I also decided against buying the Navigation system in my wife's 2008 Accord, instead utilizing our pocket-size Garmin nüvi 350.

I still love to use the Honda OEM system, and will continue to do so, in my 2004.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    I really think built in nav is nicer assuming it has all the features of the best portables (like traffic etc.) and more. Voice control is really the best feature of the built-in Honda nav. However, at some price point it starts to not be worth the extra money. Maybe if you were going to get most of the extra money spent returned at resale (such as when spending extra to get an automatic instead of the standard transmission), it would be worth it, but that's not the case with a $2000 nav system.
    Contrary to what it still says on the Edmunds website, Honda holdback has been 2% (not 3%) since last Spring.
  • You are correct....geeze. It was 800 off MSRP.
    Hi There:

Thanks for the correction. I tend to get the two GPS makers mixed. There are after market GPS units which also have voice comment as you have with your built in unit. While tis might not be a big deal for you. The built in systems do not allow you to do any manual changes while the car is in motion. However the after marker ones do allow this. While this might not be safe neither is talking on the phone while driving which I try to avoid.

I still think that the built in units are way over priced and the only advantage of the factory units is ascetics.
    Wow on the 8.725% and I am sure it will eventually be 10% or more. I think if the rest of our nation takes a long look at politics and the huge tax bill citizens of California pay they might just reject liberalism once and for all.

It is criminal and immoral that a tax which is based on a percentage of something which continues to go up and therefore guarantees the government a never ending increase. This means that the government is out spending the rate of inflation and screwing the middle class which has to pay most of the tax bill.

In some cases you get what you pay for. In the case of higher taxes you get the liberal shaft.
    YES, for whatever reason the V6 Accord is in short supply. I think it has to do with the supply of V6 engines at the factory. Whatever the reason the V6 is going for a little more above invoice then the 4 cylinder. Since both engines have about the same EPA mileage numbers but the V6 has blazing performance I went for the V6.
    Was this for the 4 or the V6? I am thinking the 4 cylinder since the paid price was below $25000.

I think your deal was very good when you factor in all the additional items.
  • Thanks for the correction.
  • Send me an e-mail: wanmichael@gmail.com.

Thanks.
  • Waste, as the new Accord no longer uses a fixed time/distance interval for maintenance. It goes by the Maintenance Minder system, which determines the optimum service interval based on your driving conditions. It uses an engine oil life monitoring system that is very similar to GM's system.

When you are due for a service (or when oil life is at less than 15% remaining), you'll get a "Service Due Soon" message on the display, followed by a series of codes showing what needs to be done. You will have one of two main codes, either A or B. A is oil change, B is oil change and inspection. You may also see some subcodes such as 1 for tire rotation, 2 for engine and cabin air filter change, 3 for transmission fluid change, and either 4 for timing belt (if equipped) or 5 for coolant. I might've mixed the two up for timing belt and coolant.

As for Hondacare, I would buy it for the peace of mind. An eight-year/120,000 mile policy with zero deductible from www.hondawarrantyinfo.com runs less than $1000.