Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• The biggest downside to the V6 though, is the $800 timing belt, water pump and drive belt replacement job at around 105k (or whenever the Maintenance Minder says it needs to be done). However it's still worth the extra premium to me considering the effortless acceleration it delivers compared to the 4-cyl, especially during highway passing with the A/C running.

The salesman did say that there were plenty of EX V6 Accords on the lot. There were discounting them heavily as they were having difficulty in selling them. Only the EX-L V6 and EX-L V6 Navi models were hot. This makes sense, as with the last generation Accord, I saw more EX-L V6s on the road than any other V6 trim. I don't recall seeing more than a small handful of 7th generation LX V6 or SE V6 on the road.
  • It was for the I4. I might have been able to save a little more, but wanted to deal locally.

As for the tax cap in SC. I am not sure how it works in California, but we pay a property tax on the vehicle every year so in essence we pay sales tax on the vehicle every year. I paid $300 in sales tax this year and will pay ~ $400 next year in property tax and will continue to pay that (though the tax will decrement as the car's value drops) as long as I have the car.

As for the maintenance. I am going to cancel it. Thanks. I thought it was on that "minder" program, but the dude (finance/undercoating dude) convinced me otherwise.

This board has been awesome and I really appreciate everyone getting off the OTD debate :) HAHAHA

Alex
  • Does anyone know the new car sales policy in Illinois regarding a deposit?
    This is what happened yesterday. I was dealing over the internet a few dealerships and finally made my decision and went dealer A. The dealer A doesn't have a Black on Black 08 Accord coupe that I wanted, but the accord coupe has scheduled to be delivered to the dealer at the end of month and the selling price was reasonable. Only thing is that I have to pay $1,000 deposit to hold that vehicle. The black on black EXL coupe is hard to find and not much discount yet, so I paid a deposit and sign the purchase contract. I just need to wait for 3 weeks.

Here is my dilemma.
    When I came home, dealer B emailed me that they have the Black on black EXL coupe and willing to sell it if I accept the price which is $600 less than what I agree to pay at dealer A. On top of that, I can drive home now than wait for 3 weeks, possibly longer.

Today is Sunday, so I have to wait until tomorrow to stop by at dealer B and see if they really have the vehicle and price is $600 less. If that's all true, I need to call the dealer A and want to cancel the contract and get my $1,000 deposit back. I know they will do whatever to not give my deposit back.
    I just want to know in advance that what I need to prepare if they refuse to give my deposit back because I already sign the purchase contract.
    I heard some state law says a customer can cancel the purchase car contract no matter what within 3 days of signing. I couldn't find which states on internet.
    If you have any experience regarding this matter, please share your story.

Thanks in advance.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    The voice commands available on portable units are extremely limited.
    On the 2008 model Honda Accord allows you to now enter actual street addresses via voice commands.
    None of the portable units have this built in. There are some that allow you to call a number and speak the address and then it will beam the address back to your portable unit over a cellular connection, but that is a bit clunky.

Voice commands are one of the best advantages of an integrated unit. However, I still don't think that's enough to justify the extra cost.
  • nringnring Posts: 85
    Hi everyone. was involved in an accident and need to lease asap. I am NOT good at car buying or leasing and want to know what i can expect. i am looking to lease for 3 years, 12K miles, nothing down, no trade in, super preferred credit, and I am in Bucks County, PA (30 miles north of Philadelphia). I am interested in the Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6 with nav. any ideas on monthly price? I don't want to spend more then $400/mo. Thanks for the ideas.
  • you are allow to get it back.
    you have not taken the car for delivery yet!!! It is not yours when you sign the contract and YOU DID NOT DROVE it off the lot!
    They might not like it! Oh well! If they come back at you for any reasons. Just fight back and be aggressive!
  • Unless the looks of a GSP stuck to your windshield is unacceptable to you, I would STRONGLY advise that you save your money and get the GARMIN unit. When you trade cars you can take the unit with you and use it in your next new car.

Windshield mount is not permited here. I mounted my Garmin 650 down low and out of view in front of the shift knob. I got the idea from this video link. I liked his 2007 storage compartment mount better , you could close the door and it was completely out of view.
    link

Still, I ran the power from behind and got power from the Aux between the seats, all you see is the front of the suction mount.
    I never leave the GPS in the car, in Los Angeles it wouldn't last long. One huge advantage of the $2000 system is it's never forgotten at home.
    You can mount a Nuvi like this instead of using the windshield mount:

jaxs1, "Navigation GPS Systems" #1293, 9 Dec 2007 6:04 pm

• vietviet Posts: 847
    Accord '08 Navi's lady voice sounds like Christmas music in my ears.
  • "Internet pricing of about 700 dollars is not too bad for peace of mind if you are going to keep your car for a long long time."

I am not sure if this is for the 8yr/120K (no-deductable) plan or not, but I wanted to confirm that $940 is about the cheapest out there. Is that about right?
  • Been there done that, in RI.
    They never want to give it back to you which is why I always recommend putting deposits down on a credit card - this way if they try anything funny just call your credit card company and refuse the charges. they'll handle it all for you - especially if you have an American Express.
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    Can we buy the next 3-year warranty when Honda's basic warranty of 36 months/ 36,000 miles is about to expire?
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    The onlin price for the 8 year (96 mos.), 120K miles with $0 deductible is $995. With a $100 deductible the price goes down to $895. I got the $0 deductible from the dealer and had them match the online price. Or you could just buy it online.
    Honda requires you to purchase the Honda Care within the first 6000 miles.

P.S. I think there is a seperate thread for extended warranty discussion here in the forum pages.
  • Remember that the prices for the I4 and V6 are different.
    Thanks for the clarification. I was talking V6, of course.
    NO they do not. Maybe you can get a lower price before 6,000 miles, but they are still sold past 6,000 miles.
    You are right, they can be purchased after 6000 miles, but at a higher rate. I just checked online. The online stores' prices jumps up substantially after the first 6000 miles.
    I found one with voice command for addresses built into the unit that you might have been referring to. It is the Tomtom 920, but it the reviews say the voice commands are quite limited and don't work well. So, maybe they will perfect it in future versions.
    Magellan has a unit that does voice command of nearest points of interest, but not addresses. The TomTom lets you enter street addresses by voice, but not POIs and neither does it well.
    Voice command will be better in the factory units of the Honda Accord for at least a few more years.
  • I'm looking to buy a 2008 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 in the next month or so. This is my first time ever buying a new car so I'm not sure how all this works.

Anyone having any prices for this same car in Los Angeles / Orange County area? What should I expect to pay?

TIA!