Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 25500 OTD price is good, but I think they gave you that price because you brought the extended warranty for $1,814, which basically bring the total otd price to $27,314. which is good for a piece of mind. My wife just got her 2013 ex i4 OTD price for $26,140 with free first oli change from s. california. Which i think is just ok but we didn't have to hassle and neogiate, everything thing was done within 2 hrs.
  • cks33cks33 Posts: 1
    Hey guys-

I am in chicago, cook county. Seeing 22,500 OTD for the base model. Any suggestions on getting it any lower? Or any favorite dealers?
  • that sounds pretty good. is it lx cvt? how much is the sales tax there? id buy it for that price at this moment
  • rob_v6rob_v6 Posts: 20
    Try rock Honda in Fontana or corona, get quote from Internet dept. got my 2013 sport for 21700+ tax at rock Honda... Lx will be less
  • is it possible to get 17 inches rim on accord lx if you dont want 16s. i wonder how much extra dealers charge IF they do it in the first place.
  • Got quote from Carson $22800 - $500 if getting Honda finance. Also I can get Flex Cash. This would be $21800 OTD price. Very good. Santa Monica Honda said they will beat this price. Will see.
  • sreeasreea Posts: 1
    What was the offer for before tax? And did you get a quote for EX as well?
  • They didn't mention that because I didn't ask. Unfortunately, the person, whom we tried to buy a car, said 20K really exceed his budget and he's going to work with the Civic 2013.
    However, I really like the new Accord. LX is very good and in black ext. and in with black int. it fells and looks luxurious. And what I don't really like in LX is the plastic steering wheel. If I bought an Accord, I'd go with the Sport. It's a superb car and costs not much.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,183
    Need all the numbers to let you know
    sale price of vehicle
    all dealer fee's
    any options and price paid
    your states tax

once you provide this info we could break down your deal.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

Post all deals that you recieved today and tommorrow so forum members could see how much you saved by buying at months end..... Post dealership Name and State you purchased and your personal buying experience..

• anne99anne99 Posts: 11
    Thank you the reply
    The DL contains two pieces of information that could be used for identity theft: Date of birth, driver's license #. Neither are on my personal check
    you may not realize it, but because of changes in State and Federal legislation, without a date of birth, it is more difficult for a crook to rip you off.

Thank you
  • lx468lx468 Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

I would like to know if I got a good deal on my car. Here is what I paid for my black 2013 Accord Ex-L V6 w/out Navi:

Total price of unit: $27,418.76
    Customer Service Fee: $599
    Sales Tax (7%): $1,964.24
    Title: $21

Total Out-the-door price: $30,000

This price included the following:

Moon-roof visor
    Splash guards
    Wheel locks
    Cargo (trunk) tray
    2 Years free maintenance (oil changes and tire rotations)

Because I didn't really like the look of the moon roof visor and the dealership was too far from me to go for maintenance, I substituted a deck spoiler for the two.

Did I get a good deal on this car? While shopping around, I showed a number of dealerships the offer (3 passed, 2 matched, and one beat it by $200 although without all of the aforementioned accessories and add-ons).
    You recieved a good deal.. What is a customer svc fee for $599. Your deal was about $275 below dealers invoice and he threw in your accessories cause they were on that vehicle. The deck lid was a nice touch... What state and what was the name of the dealership. your post should include this info to help others. Enjoy your new Accord I plan to put the Rear Deck lid on my Accord.. Really makes the car look elegant.

• lx468lx468 Posts: 2
    The state is GA.
    Honda Mall of GA, Carey Paul Honda, and Nalley Honda were the ones who offered $30,000 OTD with similar packages (I feel a little weird saying who actually sold it to me). Team Honda also has a price-match guarantee but would not send me numbers.

I chose to buy from the dealership that had the color I wanted.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,120
    Interesting..... and, I understand your concerns...

But, I don't think you'll be able to make a $20K cash transaction without proving who you are (and, identification is a pretty big part of that)..

You don't have to let them copy your DL, but they don't have to sell you a car, either..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Vandergriff Honda, Arlington, Texas

Car 27,500
    Docs 150
    Subtot 27,650

Taxes 1,778
    Fees 125
    TTL 29,553 Out the Door

Includes: splash guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, window tint, pin striping

Cash sale. Decided to decline the MPP Execu-care extended warranty.
    Considering Hondacare from Hyannis Honda.

Honda of Burleson, Texas, offered essentially the same deal but did not have the car in stock in my color. I would have bought from them because they offer lifetime powertrain warranty at no extra cost.

I made a list of dealers and called them one after the other, told them I want to buy this car today for this price. This is what will do the deal today. Do you have the car in the color I want, and will you meet my price. If not, here's my number, call me when you can. I didn't pit one dealer against another. Simply kept going till they met my price. OK, they slipped in the doc fees (and perhaps some money in fees) but I declined to pay for any of the options.

They wanted me to take out a loan so they could get $500 incentive from Honda but I declined as I did not want the hassle. They didn't offer the $500 to ME.

Maybe a better negotiator could have gotten a better deal, but without this forum, I would have paid much more and spent a LOT more time.
  • Purchased this today from Weir Canyon Honda in So Cal. Negotiated price (all done by email and phone before going to dealer) was $29734 including destination. Sales tax 7.75%, doc fee $80. It was their only vehicle like this and other dealers in the area did not have any in stock. Color is orchid white pearl which is what I wanted anyway. I might have been able to pay a few hundred less but nobody had the car on the lot.
    Finance guy tried to get me to buy lots of stuff I don't want like paint protection (don't want, I'm a hobbyist detailer). Tried to sell me extended warranty for some outrageous amount. I pulled out a quote from Curry Honda for 7 years, 80,000 miles for $880 and he met the price. I had an extended warranty on my 2006 Acura TSX and although I never used it I liked knowing I had it. Then went to the parts place and showed some online prices for trunk tray, floor mats and wheel locks and they met those prices too. All in all, fairly painless experience. Loving the car!
    Anne I'm in full agreement with our host kyfdx. I would address your concerns with the dealership to see how he will protect your info.

• What is the insurance package that Curry Honda offering, is that Honda Care package?
    I got quote from Hyannis Honda for 7yr/80k miles, 0 deductible, was $605.
    Can anybody explain what the difference is? Is Hyannis Honda Care good enough?
    Training Wheels

Nice Job!!!!!!!!!! you bought your Accord for atleast 700 below dealers invoice price.. By purchasing the exl V6 model Dealer threw in those added accessories that were on the car already.. I have noticed alot of people getting those same options thrown into there deal. If you purchased this vehicle in the first half of the month the dealer may have wanted more money for the car and those options.....

• I believe as long as its Honda Care, they are all the same. Hyannis, Curry, Saccucci, they all sell them however some do not sell to the state of California which is where I am so I was only able to get a quote from Curry. There may be others that sell to California but I don't know of any others offhand.
  • coches1coches1 Posts: 104
    Did you buy the 2013 accord LX CVT
    at Downtown L A motors for the price
    they quoted you, 19,439$?

I am looking for a 2013 accord lx cvt
    in CA.

thanks

coches1
  • coches1coches1 Posts: 104
    Hello muxa84

I live in Los Angeles and also looking for 2013 LX CVT.

Please share the quotes you received with the forum

thanks
  • wetwillyswetwillys Posts: 24
    edited January 2013
    Thanks to everyone, especially Brian. I went to Bel Air Honda. They were offering a great price of $21,699 OTR with Nitrogen in the tires; however, I wanted some add ons and they would not throw them in or discount them.

I wound up at Anderson Honda (4th car from Anderson). $21,821 OTD with the following options: accent stripe, fender well trim & door edge guards, spash guards and wheel locks. Here I the cost breakdown:

Sale Price: 20330
    Dealer Processing: $0
    Tax (6%): 1219
    Title: $100
    Lien Filing: $20
    Electronic Title: $20
    Tire Recycling: 4
    OTD: $21821

Thanks again, Happy New Year!
  • muxa84muxa84 Posts: 6
    We decided not to buy an Accord. Unfortunately.
  • foreignguyforeignguy Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    Van's Honda, Green Bay, WI

2013 Accord EXL-V6 no Navi, sedan
    12/31/2012
    Silver Ext, Black Leather
    Mudguards

Purchase Price = $ 28,000
    document fee = $ 0
    WI Tax 5.5% = $ 1,540
    WI DMV title and license = $ 164

Total OTD = $29,704

Cash purchase, no trade.

Dealership and sales rep were very efficient and professional.
  • mmedicmmedic Posts: 8
    You can get a refund for an unused portion of the warranty.
    lets say i dont have to use any of the honda warranty. weather its 8yr or 10, How much am i refunded??????

• Found a 2010 Honda Accord I like with low mileage. CarFax shows 2 accidents, one involving right rear impact, the other involving front impact with airbag deploying. Car is certified pre-owned, so dealer says the accidents must be so minor that there's no structural damage.

Would you trust the dealer on this, or would you be concerned with a safety problem (and, if so, how would you find out if there's a safety problem)? Assuming no safety problem, how much price reduction is this worth?
    Walk away is it worth saving a few bucks now to have problems down the road. why do you think prior party got rid of a 2yr old vehicle. I would not trust any dealer on this matter unless i could read the actual accident reports this vehicle was in and the extend of the damaged it caused.. Walk Away

Brian